NATION

PASSWORD

General Music Discussion II

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:55 pm

Mirrodinia wrote:
Cadonica wrote:If I rated them solely on legendaryness, I'd give 90+ for 'em all. But I rate them by how I personally like them. As I said, I don't really like Plant's voice, with different vocalist those albums would easily get 10-20 points more.

EDIT: Finished the rest Zeppelins as well. My ranking:
Presence (87), Led Zeppelin (78), Coda (76), In Through the Out Door (73), Led Zeppelin IV (70), Physical Graffiti (63), Led Zeppelin III (60), Houses of the Holy (56), Led Zeppelin II (50)
Most albums would be better with different vocalist, 10-20 points more.

Well then, you'd probably hate Rush. :p

Umm, it's one of my favorite prog rock bands :unsure:

Rush: Moving Pictures (97), Exit...Stage Left (95), 2112 (93), Permanent Waves (93), Snakes & Arrows (88), Clockwork Angels (86), Vapor Trails (85)

I need to listen the rest Rush albums sometime soon.
Last edited by Cadonica on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

Volmachtia
Senator

Founded: Nov 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Volmachtia » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:20 pm

Cadonica wrote:
Mirrodinia wrote:Well then, you'd probably hate Rush. :p

Rush: Moving Pictures (97), Exit...Stage Left (95), 2112 (93), Permanent Waves (93), Snakes & Arrows (88), Clockwork Angels (86), Vapor Trails (85)

A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres, bruh.

Oh and just a general question, how much do you all listen in terms of hours per day?
I'm usually around 3-5.
Last edited by Volmachtia on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:45 pm

Volmachtia wrote:
Cadonica wrote:Umm, it's one of my favorite prog rock bands :unsure:

A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres, bruh.

Oh and just a general question, how much do you all listen in terms of hours per day?
I'm usually around 3-5.

8-12.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:51 pm

Cadonica wrote:
Volmachtia wrote:
I'm usually around 3-5.

8-12.

As much as I would love to listen to that much music, I physically can't with school and work and everything else. On an ideal day I probably listen to like 2-3 hours of music, more on the weekends.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:59 pm

Cosumar wrote:
Cadonica wrote:8-12.

As much as I would love to listen to that much music, I physically can't with school and work and everything else. On an ideal day I probably listen to like 2-3 hours of music, more on the weekends.

Well, that's basically my average. On weekends/holidays it's 13+, on school days it's 5-6 hours. On workdays it's 12 because 8 hours comes from radio. But if you mean own choices, then it's 4-5 hours a day.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Ancient Magmia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Magmia » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:52 am

Volmachtia wrote:Oh and just a general question, how much do you all listen in terms of hours per day?
I'm usually around 3-5.

No idea, though I would guess that it's probably about the same amount as you.
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato
Dear Diary, I'm Having a Little Problem
Add 3984 to my post count

My Last.fm, Spotify profile, RYM, and Essential Magmiacore
Hip hop, jazz, reggae, soul/neo-soul, R&B, and funk fan

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:36 am

The REAL Glasers wrote:
Meryuma wrote:
- Literally using gay marriages as a prop during the Grammys
- Not acknowledging the progress made in hip-hop by other artists who are actually black and/or queer
- Not properly crediting the lesbian woman whose song Same Love is based around
- Not owning up to homophobic comments made in the past

1. I actually don't really see the problem with this. It also wasn't solely gay marriage, it was the marriages of tons of couples with different orientations, the demonstration was meant to show that marriage is the same for everyone.
2. Honestly, I feel this is kind of nitpicky. While Macklemore is far from the first to talk about it, Hip-Hop is still a largely homophobic community, just because he said "if I was gay, I'd think Hip-Hop hates me" doesn't mean he's ignoring all the other artists that have been preaching the same thing.
3. What do you mean? Mary Lambert is credited on the song. Anyone can easily find out that it's her singing on it and she's gotten a great deal of exposure from it.
4. Because people can't make mistakes, right? Macklemore's young still, shit he just turned 30. I'm in my 20s and every year I look back at myself and find some ideas that cause me to think "why did I ever agree with this?" You can't hold stuff against people forever and he's shown that he's an avid supporter. Hell, "Same Love" was written to help promote R-74 here in Washington. I remember walking all along Capitol Hill hearing that song in a multitude of stores that were hanging the pride flags.

1. It turns marriage into a spectacle. The couples having a major life experience become backup dancers for Macklemore, their love depersonalized into a feel-good visual soundbite. Even my brother who IIRC had been listening to Macklemore before he was even a national celebrity said "okay, fuck Macklemore" when he heard about it.
2. It is an exaggeration to say that hip-hop in 2014 is a homophobic community overall. There are successful bisexual artists, you have many popular rappers including some older rappers (Nas, Jay-Z) vocalizing support for gays, and queer-oriented artists such as Le1f are getting more exposure outside of a specifically queer audience.
3. IIRC Mary Lambert didn't get any sort of award even though her part in the song was at least as important as Ryan Lewis'.
4. He can make mistakes, but considering the mantle he's accepted as a gay rights figurehead he should use that as an opportunity to own up to his mistakes. I have never in my life heard 30 be called "young" in this sense, especially not in the context of hip-hop where many artists begin their careers in their teens. Also, you don't have to lecture me about R-74 seeing as I'm gay and from Seattle myself.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Shove Piggy Shove
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shove Piggy Shove » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:08 am

Cadonica wrote:
Mayane wrote:
How could you rate those 4 albums like that, I am amazed. IV is atleast 80+.

If I rated them solely on legendaryness, I'd give 90+ for 'em all. But I rate them by how I personally like them. As I said, I don't really like Plant's voice, with different vocalist those albums would easily get 10-20 points more.

EDIT: Finished the rest Zeppelins as well. My ranking:
Presence (87), Led Zeppelin (78), Coda (76), In Through the Out Door (73), Led Zeppelin IV (70), Physical Graffiti (63), Led Zeppelin III (60), Houses of the Holy (56), Led Zeppelin II (50)
Most albums would be better with different vocalist, 10-20 points more.

I know you're not a huge fan of Plant, but it might be worth giving the BBC Sessions a listen as well - based on your ratings of the studio albums I'd guess you'd place it around high-60s/low-70s.
Save the Creme Egg!

Tim Minchin wrote:I'm not pessimistic about the supernatural, but rather I'm optimistic about the natural
Jasper Fforde wrote:If the real world were a book, it would never find a publisher. Overlong, detailed to the point of distraction - and ultimately, without a major resolution.
Dennis the peasant wrote:Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Mirrodinia
Minister

Founded: Jun 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirrodinia » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:19 am

Cadonica wrote:
Mirrodinia wrote:Well then, you'd probably hate Rush. :p

:blink:
Well then, okay!
But yeah, A Farewell To Kings and Hemispheres are essential listens to any Rush fan. The former is my favorite Rush album actually.

1. A Farewell To Kings
2. Permanent Waves
2.5. Moving Pictures/Signals
3. 2112
4. Clockwork Angels
5. Hemispheres
6. Rush (1st album)

I'm indecisive, but I refuse to put the masterpiece that is the title track of 2112 any lower than 3rd favorite. :p
Last edited by Mirrodinia on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
QueenRushMuse Yeah!
"Come on, you know I'm at least half crazy. (weird people live longer)"--Bohlatopia

"We need more songs about pets and less about breakups and romances and love stories and blah blah blah."--Corrian

"If you see it darling, it's there."--Freddie Mercury

"I don't need a girl
Don't need a friend
Cause my friend lonesome's unconditional."
--Max Collins, EVE 6

"Blah blah"--Alex Lifeson

"The most endangered species
The honest man
Will still survive annihilation
Forming a world
State of integrity
Sensitive, open and strong"
--Neil Peart
"Why would one want to not be weird? If you aren't weird then you are normal, and you know something about normal...it doesn't exist.

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:39 am

Mirrodinia wrote:
Cadonica wrote:Umm, it's one of my favorite prog rock bands :unsure:

:blink:
Well then, okay!
But yeah, A Farewell To Kings and Hemispheres are essential listens to any Rush fan. The former is my favorite Rush album actually.

1. A Farewell To Kings
2. Permanent Waves
2.5. Moving Pictures/Signals
3. 2112
4. Clockwork Angels
5. Hemispheres
6. Rush (1st album)

I'm indecisive, but I refuse to put the masterpiece that is the title track of 2112 any lower than 3rd favorite. :p

I'll go through the rest Rush albums once I finish with Rainbow re-listening.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Volmachtia wrote:Oh and just a general question, how much do you all listen in terms of hours per day?
I'm usually around 3-5.

Seriously depends the day.

Yesterday? Probably not even an hours worth. I was at my computer in silence most of the day.

Some days? 10+ hours.

It really all depends on what I feel like doing with my music day.

I just woke up today and I'm almost at an hour.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:I was at a platform in Montreal Central station waiting for my train to Gaspe, and Birdy apparently was 5 metres away from me waiting for the very same train. I walked up to her, just to complain about how the train is not arriving on time. She agreed on it very shyly, just as the train were on our sight.

5 minutes later, we hopped on the train and I, after realising that my seat is located quite far away from hers, decided to follow what my heart dictated me to do and sat in a seat next to hers. So we started to talk for while, with many varying topics from her new album to her favourite heavy metal and Jazz tunes, as well just miscellaneous stories of our lives......
Then we got tired(the train, from what I remember, departed at 9) and fell asleep in each other's arms...... :blink:

I've had more bizzare dreams about me and lots of musicians in the past, but I'll tell you one tomorrow(one for each day would be better imho) :p

...I think we're two lonely teenagers :P

Okay, maybe not. But sometimes I think my mind just trying to tell me something...That maybe I should make life choices differently than I have planned. Differently then the stuff I pretty much decided to be "Screw it" about and focus on other things, because I don't find it as "Interesting" anymore and my mind thinks about it less, whatever.

Anyway, yeah, dreams are weird :P

I'm trying to remember if I've had any other weird dreams related to musicians/celebrities, but I don't think I have, really...I more have dreams about characters in shows than celebrities themselves. Or video games. Though I've had a few dreams that were like, soundtracks the way the music played in them.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Volmachtia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Volmachtia » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:34 pm

Going through dozens hundreds of tabs has shown me that I really don't have to bookmark everything.
Last edited by Volmachtia on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aperonia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Aperonia » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:58 pm

So anyone a fan of grunge, punk rock, post-grunge, and any other forms of rock?

I have a love for grunge, post-grunge, and punk rock. I also like heavy metal.
15, Aperonia, agnostic theist, and fan of alternative rock and heavy metal.
Economic Left/Right: -6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49

Volmachtia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Volmachtia » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:04 pm

Just listened straight through Haken's album Visions. One word, WOW. wowwy wow wow wow. Amazing prog-metal.

Aperonia wrote:So anyone a fan of grunge, punk rock, post-grunge, and any other forms of rock?

Alice in Chains and Soundgarden are great.

Aperonia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Aperonia » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Volmachtia wrote:Just listened straight through Haken's album Visions. One word, WOW. wowwy wow wow wow. Amazing prog-metal.

Aperonia wrote:So anyone a fan of grunge, punk rock, post-grunge, and any other forms of rock?

Alice in Chains and Soundgarden are great.

Yeah, I like "Man in the Box", "Them Bones", and "What the Hell Have I" from Alice in Chains.

For Soundgarden, I like their songs, "Outshined", "Black Hole Sun", and "Pretty Noose". I also like their new album.

The Revolutionary Fighters of Intel
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Revolutionary Fighters of Intel » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:24 pm

Those are the music genres with screaming, banging and yelling, right? Then no I'm not really a fan of "grunge" and "punk" rock.

I do like swing, jazz, progressive rock, classic rock, hard rock and opera.
Last edited by The Revolutionary Fighters of Intel on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"War, War Never Changes.
"Vi veri universum vivus vici"

Aperonia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Aperonia » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:27 pm

The Revolutionary Fighters of Intel wrote:

Those are the music genres with screaming, banging and yelling, right? Then no I'm not really a fan of "grunge" and "punk" rock.

Yeah, although the punk rock bands (from what I heard) don't really scream. I mean, I guess yeah they do, but not as "powerful" as metal or grunge.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:02 am

Meryuma wrote:Also, you don't have to lecture me about R-74 seeing as I'm gay and from Seattle myself.

I was very proud of my state when both this AND marijuana passed in the same election cycle. Felt like a really good first voting year for me and good for the state and future of the country as a whole.

Of course, then we disappointed me a year later when we failed to pass GMO labeling, but yeah.

The Revolutionary Fighters of Intel wrote:I do like swing, jazz, progressive rock, classic rock, hard rock and opera.

Might be able to help you with some progressive rock.
My Last.FM and RYM

San
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:19 am

punk, grunge, hardcore, post-hardcore, etc are my jams

not so much most post-grunge, tho
Aperonia wrote:
The Revolutionary Fighters of Intel wrote:Those are the music genres with screaming, banging and yelling, right? Then no I'm not really a fan of "grunge" and "punk" rock.

Yeah, although the punk rock bands (from what I heard) don't really scream. I mean, I guess yeah they do, but not as "powerful" as metal or grunge.

depends on what type of punk y'listen to.

most of the stuff from the seventies through late eighties-early nineties is your classic shouting, progressing into screams and yells when you get into the heavier of hardcore. with the recent trend of metalcore, post-hardcore and modern hardcore becoming pretty similar in vocal styles, many bands have picked up some metal styles of screams as opposed to ones derived from the punk shouting.

grunge is essentially a melting pot of punk, metal and alt rock so i'd argue that their screams aren't as prominent as they are in recent punk.
足跡たどる、出血血液ライン

私は人間で私より私はより良い幽霊だと思います

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:13 am

So, I have 234 The Residents songs on a Spotify playlist...where should I start with them?

Also, asking again: Is Can, Faust, Tangerine Dream, and Kraftwerk worth listening to? And if they are, where should I start with them? I already got one Tangerine Dream recommendation (Zeit}
My Last.FM and RYM

The REAL Glasers
Minister

Founded: Feb 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The REAL Glasers » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:44 am

Meryuma wrote:1. It turns marriage into a spectacle. The couples having a major life experience become backup dancers for Macklemore, their love depersonalized into a feel-good visual soundbite. Even my brother who IIRC had been listening to Macklemore before he was even a national celebrity said "okay, fuck Macklemore" when he heard about it.
2. It is an exaggeration to say that hip-hop in 2014 is a homophobic community overall. There are successful bisexual artists, you have many popular rappers including some older rappers (Nas, Jay-Z) vocalizing support for gays, and queer-oriented artists such as Le1f are getting more exposure outside of a specifically queer audience.
3. IIRC Mary Lambert didn't get any sort of award even though her part in the song was at least as important as Ryan Lewis'.
4. He can make mistakes, but considering the mantle he's accepted as a gay rights figurehead he should use that as an opportunity to own up to his mistakes. I have never in my life heard 30 be called "young" in this sense, especially not in the context of hip-hop where many artists begin their careers in their teens. Also, you don't have to lecture me about R-74 seeing as I'm gay and from Seattle myself.

1. You know, I still don't really see the problem with it. We as a society have already turned marriage into a spectacle as it is. And the couples consented to it too, so it's not really all on Macklemore. I don't really get the ceremonial aspect of marriage anyway so I don't think we're going to see eye-to-eye on this.
2. I think it's becoming more prevalent, and I think we see less of it living where we live. But, after my experiences working with inner-city youth, I can tell you that the prejudices are still alive and well and very strong within the Hip-Hop community. I think they'll fade away significantly, but we're still probably a generation removed from that.
3. All it won was a VMA, and I don't think they were even present for that award, so I think that's kind of moot point.
4. Of his 15,000+ tweets, fewer than two dozen have "homophobic slurs" and the most recent date back to 2009. Some tweets that people have tried to point as homophobic can be taken as satirical or reference charities held in Seattle. Honestly, in this day and age, we need to stop holding stuff against people and holding them under a microscope. If he hasn't exhibited any sort of homophobic tendencies recently and hasn't continuously exhibited them, then there's no reason to hold stuff years in the past against him.

Corrian wrote:
Meryuma wrote:Also, you don't have to lecture me about R-74 seeing as I'm gay and from Seattle myself.

I was very proud of my state when both this AND marijuana passed in the same election cycle. Felt like a really good first voting year for me and good for the state and future of the country as a whole.

Of course, then we disappointed me a year later when we failed to pass GMO labeling, but yeah.

Yeah, the GMO initiative failing really disappointed me too. We have a lot of good things going, so there's that. It's hell of a lot better here than my former state of Nevada.
Last edited by The REAL Glasers on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
YouTube Channel
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Onespeed
http://www.last.fm/user/TheYardstick
Economic Left/Right: -4.88 - Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67
I want a riot grrrlfriend

Mayane
Minister

Founded: Aug 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mayane » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:51 am

Corrian wrote:So, I have 234 The Residents songs on a Spotify playlist...where should I start with them?

Also, asking again: Is Can, Faust, Tangerine Dream, and Kraftwerk worth listening to? And if they are, where should I start with them? I already got one Tangerine Dream recommendation (Zeit}

They are.

Aperonia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Aperonia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:54 am

San wrote:

punk, grunge, hardcore, post-hardcore, etc are my jams

not so much most post-grunge, tho
Aperonia wrote:Yeah, although the punk rock bands (from what I heard) don't really scream. I mean, I guess yeah they do, but not as "powerful" as metal or grunge.

depends on what type of punk y'listen to.

most of the stuff from the seventies through late eighties-early nineties is your classic shouting, progressing into screams and yells when you get into the heavier of hardcore. with the recent trend of metalcore, post-hardcore and modern hardcore becoming pretty similar in vocal styles, many bands have picked up some metal styles of screams as opposed to ones derived from the punk shouting.

grunge is essentially a melting pot of punk, metal and alt rock so i'd argue that their screams aren't as prominent as they are in recent punk.

Sounds right.

Ancient Magmia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Magmia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:12 am

The REAL Glasers wrote:2. I think it's becoming more prevalent, and I think we see less of it living where we live. But, after my experiences working with inner-city youth, I can tell you that the prejudices are still alive and well and very strong within the Hip-Hop community. I think they'll fade away significantly, but we're still probably a generation removed from that.

The prejudices may still be alive, though I disagree they are becoming more prevalent. I remember when I was younger (early 2000s) hearing about it a lot and seeing it quite a bit in the music. Now the only time I really hear it is when I listen to older hip hop (let's say pre-'09 or '10).
Well, then you have exceptions like Eminem who filled his newest album with negative gay references or slurs, but Eminem is from that period where that was acceptable (and unfortunately hasn't learned that it isn't acceptable anymore). Though I really don't think he is a homophobe, I think he's just ignorant.

Overall, the prejudices are still alive but I don't here them as nearly as often in the music as I used to. I think a lot of progress has been made, though there's still a long way to go. And not just with hip hop, this whole country still has a long way to go.
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato
Dear Diary, I'm Having a Little Problem
Add 3984 to my post count

My Last.fm, Spotify profile, RYM, and Essential Magmiacore
Hip hop, jazz, reggae, soul/neo-soul, R&B, and funk fan

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:31 pm

Finished with the rest Rush albums that I hadn't heard previously. Here's full list of my Rush ratings (including those I had heard before):
Rush (100), A Farewell to Kings (100), Grace Under Pressure (100), Fly by Night (98), Power Windows (98), Hold Your Fire (98), Signals (98), Moving Pictures (97), Caress of Steel (96), Presto (96), Hemispheres (95), 2112 (93), Permanent Waves (93), Roll the Bones (90), Test for Echo (90), Counterparts (89), Snakes & Arrows (88), Clockwork Angels (86), Vapor Trails (85).

While 2112 is one of top 3 Rush tracks, the whole album isn't that amazing. Imo.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction