NATION

PASSWORD

Has anyone read...

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Valipac
Ambassador

Founded: May 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Has anyone read...

Postby Valipac » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:06 am

Histories by Herodotus or History of the Peloponnesian War by Thucydides?

I plan on purchasing one of the two, although I might buy both if convinced. I love history, particularly military history, so subject matter isn't really the issue. I'm mainly concerned with ease of reading: I'd rather the text not bore me to death. For example, I loved 1776, but tend to dislike just straight fact listing.
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
"What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure." - Samuel Johnson

Wiki | Using Satellites in Warfare | BoF 34 Champion
Designer of Ex-Nation Flag | AKA: Kampf

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: Has anyone read...

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:57 am

Valipac wrote:Histories by Herodotus or History of the Peloponnesian War by Thucydides?

I plan on purchasing one of the two, although I might buy both if convinced. I love history, particularly military history, so subject matter isn't really the issue. I'm mainly concerned with ease of reading: I'd rather the text not bore me to death. For example, I loved 1776, but tend to dislike just straight fact listing.

I won't say I actually read the entire thing, I basically browsed it for my Greek art class, but if you're interested in Greek history, ancient Greek history like it seems, Histories by Herodotus, although heavy reading, is quite good.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Return to Arts & Fiction