NATION

PASSWORD

Which anime are you watching or have watched recently II?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eaglleia
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaglleia » Mon May 06, 2013 3:12 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Jetan wrote:I liked it but Endless Eight almost drove me insane.

I tried, really, I tried to watch Haruhi Suzumiya, but I couldn't go past the first or second episode. I found Haruhi insufferable. And I know, I know, that perhaps I shouldn't have quit so easily but I just couldn't remain interested.

Same thing happened with Fate/Stay Night. I watched 2 or 3 episodes before I had a rage episode at my inability to empathize with the characters. Let me confess that I found that anime dull.

I'll admit Haruhi is very annoying.
Try Fate/Zero, much better.

Jetan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 07, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Jetan » Mon May 06, 2013 3:13 am

Eaglleia wrote:
Jetan wrote:Yeah. Did you watch through them?

Yeah, the first 5 but skipping very often to see if there was any (actual) difference. I skipped the next few.

I fought my way completely through it. It was painful. No skipping, all eight of them.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I tried, really, I tried to watch Haruhi Suzumiya, but I couldn't go past the first or second episode. I found Haruhi insufferable. And I know, I know, that perhaps I shouldn't have quit so easily but I just couldn't remain interested.

Same thing happened with Fate/Stay Night. I watched 2 or 3 episodes before I had a rage episode at my inability to empathize with the characters. Let me confess that I found that anime dull.

If you don't like something, you shouldn't watch it. The point is to have fun and/or enjoy yourself when watching a series so there's no reason to force yourself to watch something. :)
Second Finn, after Imm
........Геть Росію.........
Україна вільна і єдина
From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me.
Beholder's Lair - a hobby blog
32 years old, patriotic Finnish guy interested in history. Hobbies include miniatures, all kinds of games, books, anime and manga.
Always open to TGs. Pro/Against

Ceterum autem censeo Putinem esse delendum

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon May 06, 2013 3:18 am

Eaglleia wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I'll admit Haruhi is very annoying.
Try Fate/Zero, much better.

Gods, she is one the anime characters, aside from Naruto and Misa, that I despise the most. And maybe Ikari Shinji too...

Jetan wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

If you don't like something, you shouldn't watch it. The point is to have fun and/or enjoy yourself when watching a series so there's no reason to force yourself to watch something. :)

I wanted to make an informed decision first. And many of my friends that watched recommended it and said it was enjoyable. Boy were they mistaken. Or perhaps they weren't mistaken. Haruhi Suzumiya just wasn't my cup of tea. :p
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Azrael
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Mon May 06, 2013 5:31 am

Woo, new thread.

Still haven't started Railgun. The drought continues.
If nothing exists, where did this anger come from?

Person012345
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Mon May 06, 2013 5:34 am

Eaglleia wrote:

Yeah I was like wtf is going on?
Then I googled it. I dunno what the creators were thinking.

It's kyoani, they were trolling.

Modioperandi
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Modioperandi » Mon May 06, 2013 5:36 am

Lately, I've been going back and watching FLCL, Witchblade, and Corpse Princess.
Je suis un TETeur! Ich bin ein TETeur! I am a TETeur!
Horror anime lover, coffee aficionado, certified badass
Benshir's roommate.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on-Robert Frost

Great Empire of Gamilus
Senator

Founded: Apr 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Empire of Gamilus » Mon May 06, 2013 5:40 am

I am currently watching Yamato 2199, Girls und Panzer and Queens Blade Rebellion.

and watch Angel Beats! TBH I was crying by the end of it... and really half way through.

also recently watched this:
Ano_Hi_Mita_Hana_no_Namae_o_Bokutachi_wa_Mada_Shiranai

it was very cute and filled with a lot of emotional moments, as well as being a slice of life one can relate to.
Do you hear the posters sing?
Singing the song of angry men?
It is the music of the short OP
that won't be seen again!

When the mods find this OP
Then this thread will be no more,
But the song will be sung again
When another comes!

OP, do you know the way?
Know the way to fix your post?
Just add details and sources to spark
Debate on these forums.

Otherwise this thread is doomed
Doomed to death by modly wrath
NSG will pick up and move on
'Till another comes!

--The Klishi Islands
a thread on Theism and Atheism

Person012345
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Mon May 06, 2013 5:42 am

So, right now I'm watching Haganai NEXT and I have Angel Beats and Hyouka lined up for afterwards.

Great Empire of Gamilus
Senator

Founded: Apr 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Empire of Gamilus » Mon May 06, 2013 5:45 am

Person012345 wrote:So, right now I'm watching Haganai NEXT and I have Angel Beats and Hyouka lined up for afterwards.

prepare a box of tissues for the end of Angel Beats. :(
:'(
Do you hear the posters sing?
Singing the song of angry men?
It is the music of the short OP
that won't be seen again!

When the mods find this OP
Then this thread will be no more,
But the song will be sung again
When another comes!

OP, do you know the way?
Know the way to fix your post?
Just add details and sources to spark
Debate on these forums.

Otherwise this thread is doomed
Doomed to death by modly wrath
NSG will pick up and move on
'Till another comes!

--The Klishi Islands
a thread on Theism and Atheism

Person012345
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Mon May 06, 2013 5:48 am

Great Empire of Gamilus wrote:
Person012345 wrote:So, right now I'm watching Haganai NEXT and I have Angel Beats and Hyouka lined up for afterwards.

prepare a box of tissues for the end of Angel Beats. :(
:'(

I've heard mixed things about it. On the one hand there's the hype, then on the other hand there's everyone I know saying "meh", so I decided to check it out myself.

One of the main criticisms of it that I've heard is that it seems rushed to fit into limited episodes.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Mon May 06, 2013 7:07 am

I'm thinking of starting on another anime for the summer holidays, after my self-imposed drought.. Any suggestions?
Last edited by Wolfenium on Mon May 06, 2013 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Eaglleia
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaglleia » Mon May 06, 2013 7:19 am

Wolfenium wrote:I'm thinking of starting on another anime for the summer holidays, after my self-imposed drought.. Any suggestions?

Boku no Pico.

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Mon May 06, 2013 8:01 am

Eaglleia wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:I'm thinking of starting on another anime for the summer holidays, after my self-imposed drought.. Any suggestions?

Boku no Pico.

No comment
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Mon May 06, 2013 8:59 am

Yeah number 2!
Still watching Death Note (Episode 24) and my "break" anime; Detective Conan (Episode 118)
Waiting for episode 15 of Space Battleship Yamato 2199 to come out and on episode 6 of Gundam SEED HD Remaster
Fan of Transformers?|Fan of Star Trek?|你会说中文吗?
Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals
Economics: Indifferent

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Mon May 06, 2013 9:00 am

Space Runaway Ideon, created by Yoshiyuki Tomino (creator of Gundam), on of NGE's two daddies along side Go Nagai's Devilman.
Fan of Transformers?|Fan of Star Trek?|你会说中文吗?
Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals
Economics: Indifferent

Nationalist Eminral Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Mon May 06, 2013 10:10 am

Jetan wrote:
Eaglleia wrote:Haruhi Suzumiya

I liked it but Endless Eight almost drove me insane.

It has something to do with the movie, actually. I would like to see a continuation of Haruhi series, since I'm curious what is the ending.
[align=center]
Federation of Eminral RepublicPederasyon ng Republika ng Eminral
エミンラル共和連邦 Federación de la República Eminral

Jetan
Postmaster-General

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Jetan » Mon May 06, 2013 10:17 am

Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:

It has something to do with the movie, actually. I would like to see a continuation of Haruhi series, since I'm curious what is the ending.

Not really. Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya doesn't really have that much to do with endless eight. Not more than the regular episodes atleast. But I agree in that I'd like the anime to continue. I've also been reading the manga and I've gone past the end of the anime already. There'll be a pause for now though, I recently bought the whole Inuyasha series used and am going to be occupied with them for awhile seeing as there's 56 of them. :lol:
Second Finn, after Imm
Україна вільна і єдина
32 years old, patriotic Finnish guy interested in history. Hobbies include miniatures, all kinds of games, books, anime and manga.

Xenotaria
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Xenotaria » Mon May 06, 2013 11:15 am

Rosario + Vampire
A Certain magical Index
A Certain scientific railgun
Dante's Inferno: an animated epic
Comic Party
Comic Party Revolution
Azumanga Daioh
Claymore
Devil Lady

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Mon May 06, 2013 11:17 am

Genshiken, watched 3 episodes so far.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Mon May 06, 2013 12:36 pm

Jetan wrote:
Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:It has something to do with the movie, actually. I would like to see a continuation of Haruhi series, since I'm curious what is the ending.

Not really. Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya doesn't really have that much to do with endless eight. Not more than the regular episodes atleast. But I agree in that I'd like the anime to continue. I've also been reading the manga and I've gone past the end of the anime already. There'll be a pause for now though, I recently bought the whole Inuyasha series used and am going to be occupied with them for awhile seeing as there's 56 of them. :lol:

It made Yuki Nagato tired of being pulled always and she, I guess, liked Kyon that she wants a normal life with him in an alternate world (the movie). I haven't read the manga because I'm more in to watching animes than reading manga.
[align=center]

Jetan
Postmaster-General

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Jetan » Mon May 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Jetan wrote:Not really. Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya doesn't really have that much to do with endless eight. Not more than the regular episodes atleast. But I agree in that I'd like the anime to continue. I've also been reading the manga and I've gone past the end of the anime already. There'll be a pause for now though, I recently bought the whole Inuyasha series used and am going to be occupied with them for awhile seeing as there's 56 of them. :lol:

It made Yuki Nagato tired of being pulled always and she, I guess, liked Kyon that she wants a normal life with him in an alternate world (the movie). I haven't read the manga because I'm more in to watching animes than reading manga.

Well, if you think about it that way I suppose it could be said to be the result of Endless eight. As to Anime vs Manga, I like both.
Second Finn, after Imm
Україна вільна і єдина

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Mon May 06, 2013 1:23 pm

Jetan wrote:
Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:It made Yuki Nagato tired of being pulled always and she, I guess, liked Kyon that she wants a normal life with him in an alternate world (the movie). I haven't read the manga because I'm more in to watching animes than reading manga.

Well, if you think about it that way I suppose it could be said to be the result of Endless eight. As to Anime vs Manga, I like both.

Nah, Anime and Manga are both different. They are two kinds of entertainment (which I love the both). I just prefer watching anime than reading manga because I am not that of a reader.
[align=center]

Jetan
Postmaster-General

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Jetan » Mon May 06, 2013 1:30 pm

Jetan wrote:Well, if you think about it that way I suppose it could be said to be the result of Endless eight. As to Anime vs Manga, I like both.

Nah, Anime and Manga are both different. They are two kinds of entertainment (which I love the both). I just prefer watching anime than reading manga because I am not that of a reader.

Understandable. I don't know which one I prefer, they satisfy different wants.
Second Finn, after Imm
Україна вільна і єдина

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon May 06, 2013 2:30 pm

I watched Steamboy yesterday. Again, another film directed by Katsuhiro Otomo that was hit and miss for me.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Mon May 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I tried, really, I tried to watch Haruhi Suzumiya, but I couldn't go past the first or second episode. I found Haruhi insufferable. And I know, I know, that perhaps I shouldn't have quit so easily but I just couldn't remain interested.

I found the later episodes more amusing. Day of Sagittarius was what persuaded me to watch Legend of Galactic Heroes.

The Fate/Stay Night anime adaptation was terribru. It's barely above a hypothetical certain Tsukihime anime. I watched FSN and couldn't figure out why people cared. But with more exposure, TYPE-MOON's been able to commission much better work, particularly from ufotable for Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/Zero.
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction