NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates the Movie! (Ideas Wanted!)

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

What would your crew position be?

Cast Member
35%
Director
6%
Editor
4%
Writer
23%
Executive Producer
4%
Director of Photography
6%
Production Designer
1%
Costume Designer
3%
Casting Director
6%
Songwriter
12%

Total votes : 69

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:02 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I'm behind this, as long as it doesn't turn into another Borat.

Borat was satirical, so unless Neo Art is starring, they would be nothing alike.
Founder of the Church of Ass.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

........fuck it, you win the internet.

Jusitopia
Attaché

Founded: Oct 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jusitopia » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:04 pm

Ok! Now, who has any ideas about plot, setting(s) and characters?

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:05 pm

Jusitopia wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Movie musical? I know this place is pretty open to all people, but that sounds pretty gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, South Park did it right.

I AM NOT GAY!

K, man, calm down...
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Tmutarakhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tmutarakhan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Jusitopia wrote:Ok! Now, who has any ideas about plot, setting(s) and characters?

"Plot"??? HAHAHAHAHAHA No. "Characters", we got.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think, and a musical to those who sing.

I am the very model of a Nation States General,
I am a holy terror to apologists Confederal,
When called upon to source a line, I give citations textual,
And argue about Palestine, and marriage homosexual!

A KNIGHT ON KARINZISTAN'S SPECIAL LIST OF POOPHEADS!

Jusitopia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jusitopia » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Jusitopia wrote:I AM NOT GAY!

K, man, calm down...

Sorry, now, back to brainstorming!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:08 pm

San Leggera wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I'm behind this, as long as it doesn't turn into another Borat.

But forcing Max Barry into a lime green mankini is a must.

Cannot unsee. :shock:

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:

Borat was satirical, so unless Neo Art is starring, they would be nothing alike.

I would vote for Neo Art as the star, as long as he uses his lawyer ties for kinky purposes.

However, this wouldn't be shown on theaters if that were the case. But... maybe NA would be the first NSer to win a Stiffy award. Or whatever those are called. :p
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Jusitopia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jusitopia » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:11 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
San Leggera wrote:But forcing Max Barry into a lime green mankini is a must.

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Borat was satirical, so unless Neo Art is starring, they would be nothing alike.

I would vote for Neo Art as the star, as long as he uses his lawyer ties for kinky purposes.

However, this wouldn't be shown on theaters if that were the case. But... maybe NA would be the first NSer to win a Stiffy award. Or whatever those are called. :p

This movie is POLITICAL SATIRE! Not rule34 gone wild!

The Republic of Pantalleria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:12 pm

It's an alright idea, though I don't understand how a musical will make sense about a game that allows people to rule their people (or suppress them)... :unsure:
The Pantallerian Economy and Other Details

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

StellarGate
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Tmutarakhan wrote:
Jusitopia wrote:Ok! Now, who has any ideas about plot, setting(s) and characters?

"Plot"??? HAHAHAHAHAHA No. "Characters", we got.

Plot:
School is out, summer is here.
A dramatic plot to overthrow the mods is surpressed, posters cower in fear as the mods go on a banhammer rampage. Then the might posters go back to what they doing once the horrible terror of summer is over and wait expectantly for the cycle to repeat next summer as adbots try to spam the forums and people try to debate and other RP, creating a friction between the two factions called 'RPers' and 'Generalites.' There are very few who dare straddle both sides in an attempt to keep peace before flame wars break out between the two.

There.
FT nation- Royal Cresian Empire
Dogmeat wrote:
Skunkylon wrote:There are only 2 genders

3 genders for the Drag Queens, under the sky
7 for the Gay Lords, in their Hall of Techno
9 for Lesbians, doomed to own cats
1 for the Incel Lord on his internet throne.
New Aerios wrote:If Atheism is a religion, off is a TV channel.
How to become an Admin

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Jusitopia wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

This movie is POLITICAL SATIRE! Not rule34 gone wild!

A mixture of the 2 would be awesome, but we need to keep it PG13, I'm sure. So the NA kink is out of the question. :p

In all seriousness, it would be interesting to see how a Jennifer Government movie would turn out.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:14 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Cannot unsee. :shock:

He's Australian. It's not like he's a wookie or anything.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!
Member of the [under new management] in the NSG Senate

If You Lot Really Must Know...
Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.
Meh: Everything else that I can't be fucked giving an opinion about.

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:14 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
San Leggera wrote:But forcing Max Barry into a lime green mankini is a must.

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Borat was satirical, so unless Neo Art is starring, they would be nothing alike.

Plot: An insane scientific hippie (Max Barry) puts 18,000 monkeys (everybody except me, because I am awesome) in a cage (NS) with typewriters (forums) and tries to see if they will write Shakespeare. He slowly loses hope as all he witnesses are poo flinging (flamewars), screeching (unsourced claims), and corpses (banned members). Then he says "fuck it", and rides off into the sunset with whiskey and high priced hookers on a motorcycle made out of awesome.

Starring Morgan Freeman as God.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:14 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:

... DAMN IT. >.<
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:

I can't speak for Max Barry but somehow I doubt he would be game for wearing a neon green mankini. :blink:
Slava Ukraini

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Plot: An insane scientific hippie (Max Barry) puts 18,000 monkeys (everybody except me, because I am awesome) in a cage (NS) with typewriters (forums) and tries to see if they will write Shakespeare. He slowly loses hope as all he witnesses are poo flinging (flamewars), screeching (unsourced claims), and corpses (banned members). Then he says "fuck it", and rides off into the sunset with whiskey and high priced hookers on a motorcycle made out of awesome.

Starring Morgan Freeman as God.

This sounds too Miguel de Cervantes's Don Quixote to me. Just don't call the motorcycle Rocinante and you'll be fine. :p
Slava Ukraini

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:17 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Costa Alegria wrote:

I can't speak for Max Barry but somehow I doubt he would be game for wearing a neon green mankini. :blink:

Who said anything about consent?

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Sri Tschow wrote:Any movie on NationStates would end up X rated, or worse.

If it was done right, yes. However, something tells me the OP is going to create a watered down version of this deranged thunderdome of teenagers playing militant radicals and more civilized tweens trying to keep things somewhat civilized, with of course a sprinkling of HARDCORE MODERATOR INTERVENTIONS.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Who said anything about consent?

Plot idea!

Make it into something similar to that Liam Neeson film where his daughter, who's in France, gets kidnapped. But in this version, we'll have Max Barry, forced into the mankini, running through Europe, trying to rescue mankind from an evil Father Knows Best state ruled by a Mr. Smith-like character, with a huge army of poo flinging monkeys.
Slava Ukraini

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:22 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Costa Alegria wrote:He's Australian. It's not like he's a wookie or anything.

DAMN IT NANA! I'm trying NOT to imagine our beloved Barry in one, and now you went out and said it! >:( :P
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:22 pm

Alright kids, give me back the drugs you stole.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I can't speak for Max Barry but somehow I doubt he would be game for wearing a neon green mankini. :blink:

DAMN IT NANA! I'm trying NOT to imagine our beloved Barry in one, and now you went out and said it! >:( :P

Hey, at least no one has introduced the idea of Gothloli or something along those lines. Be thankful. Or be afraid. :p
Slava Ukraini

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:23 pm

There should be some mention of the following:

-Bastard Mods
-Cats
-Penguins
-Walruses
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:DAMN IT NANA! I'm trying NOT to imagine our beloved Barry in one, and now you went out and said it! >:( :P

Hey, at least no one has introduced the idea of Gothloli or something along those lines. Be thankful. Or be afraid. :p

... you just did.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! :P

Jusitopia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jusitopia » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:24 pm

:palm: Please stop goofing around and think up a GOOD plot! >:( I'm really getting annoyed right now and want to make a good movie!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:25 pm

Jusitopia wrote::palm: Please stop goofing around and think up a GOOD plot! >:( I'm really getting annoyed right now and want to make a good movie!

Do you want the setting to be futuristic, current, past, a combination of all?
Slava Ukraini

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction