NATION

PASSWORD

Favourite Band Ever

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:56 am

Led Zeppelin
Stand up, it's time to rise. It's time for revenge, opposition must die
Chaos, violence, revolution now! - GG Allin

Hoyteca
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Hoyteca » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:41 am

Led Zeppelin. Not only are they credited for helping create the heavy metal genre, but they've created some of the greatest songs of all time. They also had the pre-Rush drummer.

Monte Mare
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Monte Mare » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:45 am

Courezzia wrote:Mine is The Beatles! GO HELTER SKELTER!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6koP29p ... re=related

If i am not wrong Helter Skelter was made by Charles Manson a psycho serial killer... The subways, Rolling Stones, Beatles and Led Zeppelin...

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:49 am

Monte Mare wrote:
Courezzia wrote:Mine is The Beatles! GO HELTER SKELTER!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6koP29p ... re=related

If i am not wrong Helter Skelter was made by Charles Manson a psycho serial killer... The subways, Rolling Stones, Beatles and Led Zeppelin...

No it was written by the Beatles and used by Charles Mansion who interpreted it as a prophecy.
Stand up, it's time to rise. It's time for revenge, opposition must die
Chaos, violence, revolution now! - GG Allin

Merimoria
Secretary

Founded: Nov 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Merimoria » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:59 am

Ladytron.

Tunizcha
Senator

Founded: Mar 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tunizcha » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Merimoria wrote:Ladytron.

Yes.
Barzan wrote: I'll stick with rape, thank you.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:It's Rape night on NSG.
*/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

This is Koji. Copy and paste Koji to your sig so he can acheive world domination.

Bavin
Negotiator

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:38 pm

Weezer. Image

Geek rock rocks.
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:03 pm

Hans up or down it doesn't matter, the Beatles. Followed closely by the Beach Boys, Queen, and STYX.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Courezzia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Courezzia » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:51 am

Taeshan wrote:Hans up or down it doesn't matter, the Beatles. Followed closely by the Beach Boys, Queen, and STYX.

You are the coolest person I know! *high 5*
The Authoritarian Wiscist States of Courezzia
Links"Being the Grand Chancellor does not mean you can slop off" - Jato the Great
Economic - Left/Right: -6.34
Social - Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.56

Dark Side Messiahs
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Side Messiahs » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:13 am

Ozzy Osbourne
Black Sabbath (with Ozzy not Dio)
Drowning Pool
Disturbed
AC/DC
Van Halen (prefer Hagar over Roth)
Trivium
Iron Maiden
Def Leppard
In This Moment
Rammstein
Korn
Metallica (before they went to rehab, cut their hair, and became little whiny beotches)
Seether
Papa Roach
Evanescence
Queen
Skillet
Nickleback
Motley Crue

Being a metalhead, I'm a fan of a lot of bands. :D
Yep, I'm a Geek. I'm also a left-wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun loving, white, college educated, politically informed, socially abrasive, conservatively liberal male with a big mouth...deal with it.
!!!WARNING!!!
I give it a 1 in 4 chance you will not like my view on certain things,
you might find my opinion off kilter or even offensive.
I don't give a flying fuck how my position makes you feel,
it's my opinion and you won't change my mind.
So save yourself a lot of wasted time trying to argue with me,
don't compile a list of of my posts so you can try to point out the flaws in my beliefs,
you will not win.

Corvane
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvane » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:25 am

------
Last edited by Corvane on Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Petorburg
Envoy

Founded: Jul 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Petorburg » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:33 am

Dark Side Messiahs wrote:Ozzy Osbourne
Drowning Pool
Disturbed
AC/DC
Trivium
Iron Maiden
Def Leppard
In This Moment
Rammstein
Korn
Metallica (before they went to rehab, cut their hair, and became little whiny beotches)
Seether
Papa Roach
Evanescence
Queen
Skillet
Nickleback
Motley Crue

Sorry to disapoint you but the only "metal" bands on there are Maiden and Metallica. The rest play either hard rock, nu-metal or Metalcore. None if these would be considered "metal" but a fan of the genre. I'm not saying their bad I quite enjoy some -core and have listend to nu-metal on occasion but dont try to class them as something their not.

That over I would have to say my favorite all time band would have to be Destroyer 666. They were the band who got me into black metal and I've been a fan since the Phoenix Rising days. The band I'm listing to the most at the moment is a band called Ceremonial Castings. I'd advice any metalheads (especily black metalers) to give them a listen. Well worth it

Helgrin
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Helgrin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:41 am

Petorburg wrote:
Dark Side Messiahs wrote:Ozzy Osbourne
Drowning Pool
Disturbed
AC/DC
Trivium
Iron Maiden
Def Leppard
In This Moment
Rammstein
Korn
Seether
Papa Roach
Evanescence
Queen
Skillet
Nickleback
Motley Crue

Sorry to disapoint you but the only "metal" bands on there are Maiden and Metallica. The rest play either hard rock, nu-metal or Metalcore. None if these would be considered "metal" but a fan of the genre. I'm not saying their bad I quite enjoy some -core and have listend to nu-metal on occasion but dont try to class them as something their not.

That over I would have to say my favorite all time band would have to be Destroyer 666. They were the band who got me into black metal and I've been a fan since the Phoenix Rising days. The band I'm listing to the most at the moment is a band called Ceremonial Castings. I'd advice any metalheads (especily black metalers) to give them a listen. Well worth it

http://www.cracked.com/funny-201-metal-music/
I think that you will find that metal is very diverse. What you consider metal is probably only one sub-genre. ANd don't you dare say that Disturbed aren't metal!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzdeH6MaNVI
Mahna Mahna!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Dark Side Messiahs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Side Messiahs » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:46 am

Petorburg wrote:Sorry to disapoint you but the only "metal" bands on there are Maiden and Metallica. The rest play either hard rock, nu-metal or Metalcore. None if these would be considered "metal" but a fan of the genre. I'm not saying their bad I quite enjoy some -core and have listend to nu-metal on occasion but dont try to class them as something their not.

Sorry to disappoint you, but you mentioned nu-metal and Metalcore. The word 'metal' appears in both of those, so therefore they are in the 'metal' category. Sub-genres yes, but still metal. I also happen to like Norwegian Black Metal, another sub-genre. Try telling Gorgoroth that they don't count as metal and see what happens.
Yep, I'm a Geek. I'm also a left-wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun loving, white, college educated, politically informed, socially abrasive, conservatively liberal male with a big mouth...deal with it.
!!!WARNING!!!
don't compile a list of of my posts so you can try to point out the flaws in my beliefs,
you will not win.

Kanabia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 08, 2003
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanabia » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:50 am

Eh...Nirvana...Kyuss...Electric Wizard? I dunno.

Callisdrun wrote:the mighty Emperor. I was lucky enough to see them in concert twice.

They're the best black metal band. :)

lol, I like that.

Petorburg
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Petorburg » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:52 am

Helgrin wrote:http://www.cracked.com/funny-201-metal-music/
I think that you will find that metal is very diverse. What you consider metal is probably only one sub-genre. ANd don't you dare say that Disturbed aren't metal!

Mate I've been into Metal since '89. I've been in a thrash band, a couple of death bands and at the moment a black metal band. I've listened to underground metal (such as the two bands I listed) since '92 and I can assure you that I know more about Metal than you. I have nothing against the bands you have put down as your favourite bands becuase I dont listen to them and cant comment on how good they are. However I listened to the link you sent and while Disturbed may be heavyier than the mainstream rock bands out there today they are not metal.

To be metal a band needs many things (which I'm not going to hyjack this thread by posting) but Disturbed does not have them. If you want to arguee this point futher please do go to any of the many metal websites and forums across the internet and see how well your argument goes down.

I know how diverse metal is having listened to it for 20 years now. I would advice you to go and have a good look around the internet and maybe attemd a few "metal" shows before you start trying to argue a point that has no basis. The chart you posted a link for is made by someone like you who has little idea of how metal works. If you want to find a real metal band look here:
http://www.metal-archives.com/

Have a nice day!

Helgrin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Helgrin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:58 am

Petorburg wrote:
Helgrin wrote:http://www.cracked.com/funny-201-metal-music/

Mate I've been into Metal since '89. I've been in a thrash band, a couple of death bands and at the moment a black metal band. I've listened to underground metal (such as the two bands I listed) since '92 and I can assure you that I know more about Metal than you. I have nothing against the bands you have put down as your favourite bands becuase I dont listen to them and cant comment on how good they are. However I listened to the link you sent and while Disturbed may be heavyier than the mainstream rock bands out there today they are not metal.

To be metal a band needs many things (which I'm not going to hyjack this thread by posting) but Disturbed does not have them. If you want to arguee this point futher please do go to any of the many metal websites and forums across the internet and see how well your argument goes down.

I know how diverse metal is having listened to it for 20 years now. I would advice you to go and have a good look around the internet and maybe attemd a few "metal" shows before you start trying to argue a point that has no basis. The chart you posted a link for is made by someone like you who has little idea of how metal works. If you want to find a real metal band look here:
http://www.metal-archives.com/

Have a nice day!

Just because you have been listening to metal for longer, doesn't make you right. It just means you have an established opinion of what you think metal is. Tastes, opinions, and clasifications change. See; history.
Mahna Mahna!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Dark Side Messiahs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Side Messiahs » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:59 am

Helgrin wrote:Just because you have been listening to metal for longer, doesn't make you right. It just means you have an established opinion of what you think metal is. Tastes, opinions, and clasifications change. See; history.

AMEN!
!!!WARNING!!!
you will not win.

Petorburg
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Petorburg » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:02 am

Dark Side Messiahs wrote:Sorry to disappoint you, but you mentioned nu-metal and Metalcore. The word 'metal' appears in both of those, so therefore they are in the 'metal' category. Sub-genres yes, but still metal. I also happen to like Norwegian Black Metal, another sub-genre. Try telling Gorgoroth that they don't count as metal and see what happens.

I getting tired of this as I have had this arguemnt with posers like you many times. So buy your argument Metallica (who you said are "little whiny beotches".) still play metal because they have metal in their name?

Nu-metal contians rap or hip hop infulnces and often the only thing that is similar with metal is the fact they have a drum. The music is made for angry children who "hate the world" and are "anti-mainstream" when in reality they are buying into the newest craze. This music is marketed by mainstream record companys as "evil" and "heavy" so that weak minded teenagers think their being rebels when in reality they are buying into amother money grab scene which the labels are already abandoning.

Metalcore is a lot more simple. Its metal that has been watered down and made simple to listen to. The same with deathcore and all other types of -core. It a simplifided version of metal that fails to have any of the good parts.

Svenskis
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Svenskis » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:03 am

Probably The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus =)
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Petorburg
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Petorburg » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:07 am

Helgrin wrote:Just because you have been listening to metal for longer, doesn't make you right. It just means you have an established opinion of what you think metal is. Tastes, opinions, and clasifications change. See; history.

Umm... No. What makes me right is that I know what metal is about and what it has always been about. I've been listeing to metal for 20 years and the idea behind it has never changed. Mainstream taste and opinions may change but the clasification of what is metal and what isnt will never change and that is what you mainstream posers will never get.

Helgrin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Helgrin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:07 am

Dark Side Messiahs wrote:

AMEN!

Thanks. :blush:
Mahna Mahna!

Dark Side Messiahs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Side Messiahs » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:14 am

Petorburg wrote:I getting tired of this as I have had this arguemnt with posers like you many times. So buy your argument Metallica (who you said are "little whiny beotches".) still play metal because they have metal in their name?

Nu-metal contians rap or hip hop infulnces and often the only thing that is similar with metal is the fact they have a drum. The music is made for angry children who "hate the world" and are "anti-mainstream" when in reality they are buying into the newest craze. This music is marketed by mainstream record companys as "evil" and "heavy" so that weak minded teenagers think their being rebels when in reality they are buying into amother money grab scene which the labels are already abandoning.

Metalcore is a lot more simple. Its metal that has been watered down and made simple to listen to. The same with deathcore and all other types of -core. It a simplifided version of metal that fails to have any of the good parts.

Dude, there's no need to have a coronary over this. And I'm sorry to say, I'm not the one acting like the poser.

I also have been listening to metal since 86', and in my opinion all those bands are metal. Micheal Bolton... so not metal
!!!WARNING!!!
you will not win.

Helgrin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Helgrin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:17 am

Petorburg wrote:

Umm... No. What makes me right is that I know what metal is about and what it has always been about. I've been listeing to metal for 20 years and the idea behind it has never changed. Mainstream taste and opinions may change but the clasification of what is metal and what isnt will never change and that is what you mainstream posers will never get.

Bolded=Just your opinion.
Mahna Mahna!

Delator
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Delator » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:23 am

Petorburg wrote:Umm... No. What makes me right is that I know what metal is about and what it has always been about. I've been listeing to metal for 20 years...

Yeah...keep trotting out that fact as though we give a shit.

Get off your high horse.

...as for myself, it's a three way fight to the death between Nine Inch Nails, In Flames, and Blind Guardian.
Last edited by Delator on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Those that seek to place heel upon the throat of Liberty will fall to the cry of Freedom!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction