NATION

PASSWORD

The Star Wars vs. WH40K Debate

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which series do you prefer [Not who wins.]

Star Wars
37%
WH40k
30%
Halo
10%
Combination of each
6%
All of them
10%
Other
8%

Total votes : 719

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Arkania 5 wrote:
Arkotania wrote:Matt Ward

No.

Nononononononononono

Relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p89WL6pzA9s
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Wallonochia wrote:Neither Star Wars nor Halo adorn their soldiers with nearly enough skulls, pauldrons or skull pauldrons to compete with 40k.

O.o Some one has never seen Durge Or Any Member of the Mandolorian DeathWatch faction obviously.

Both Durge and those fine Mando both andorned their armor, homes and ships with Trophies that used to be attacted to bodies.
National Imperialist-Freedom Party

Proud member of the stone wall alliance

Agent Maine: of NSG's Official Project Freelancer

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

Wallonochia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 21, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wallonochia » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Arkania 5 wrote:

No.

Nononononononononono

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3p_VuPIS2c

As a 40k voter I'm voting more for this.

Arkotania
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkotania » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:49 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:
Wallonochia wrote:Neither Star Wars nor Halo adorn their soldiers with nearly enough skulls, pauldrons or skull pauldrons to compete with 40k.

O.o Some one has never seen Durge Or Any Member of the Mandolorian DeathWatch faction obviously.

Both Durge and those fine Mando both andorned their armor, homes and ships with Trophies that used to be attacted to bodies.

Mandalorians aren't soldiers. Their warriors. They don't fight for any reason but to fight.
Mostly back from a long hiatus from the forums
Arkania 5 wrote:

No.

Nononononononononono

Gauthier wrote:
Arkotania wrote:
Then your testicles become strange tentacles.

And then you make films in Japan.

Ovisterra wrote:
Oceanic people wrote:where lives are at steak

I try not to point out people's spelling errors all the time, but this one was brilliant.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Arkotania wrote:Or maybe NS is also a degraded society.

This. Definitely this.

Neo Arcad wrote:
Qatarab(Arkotania Puppet) wrote:Where's my torch? Time to burn some courts down.

Oh, you crazy Muslim you!

Arkania 5
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkania 5 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Arkotania wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:

Mandalorians aren't soldiers. Their warriors. They don't fight for any reason but to fight.

Durge was such a beast.
MT <Compatible with FanT if needed>: The Shattered Enclave [INACTIVE]
FT: Aperture Industries
"The Shattered Enclave is technically a failed nation, but through all odds, they have survived as a million-headed hydra, all ready to simultaneously attack each other as their enemies. Wildly different factions, each with cultures that simply could not have developed within a hundred years, kept in a temporum of chaos...one wonders if more unexplained powers were involved in the creation of this monstrosity..."
WE ARE THE COLOR RED IN A WORLD FULL OF BLACK AND WHITE.....
tl;dr: Not a country or a nation. More like an entire world divided into a trillion pieces. Near impossible to invade. FanT/FT origins, MT/PMT technology.
Allanea wrote:evil shithole of a country

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:51 pm

The Emerald Legion wrote:Personally I see the GE encountering 40k going one of two ways.

1.) Palpy manages to secure an alliance with the imperium of man (Both being Human-centric, xenophobic, fascist, states.), the two team up to ROFLstomp both their minor foes and gear up for the more major threats. Vader is kept under control VIA Gellar field. Alternatively, Palpatine manages to gain enough information to construct Gellar fields and puts a portable one on vader at all times.

2.) Vader teams up with Khorne to kick Palpatine off his throne (Khorne wanting nothing to do with a sissy wizard-king.) The new Galactic Khornate Empire proceeds to give Khorne a huge power boost due to 50 million star systems being forcibly converted, in turn giving the newly converted empire a huge power boost. Not to mention that Khornate Sith would be double the hatred/anger-power. It's a win-win. Except for everyone else.

As to why Palpatine wouldn't team up with Tzeentch? He's smart and knows that's a stupid idea.

And nurgle and slaanesh are both annoying.

Yeah as a fan of both series; That wouldn't have any chance in hell of Happening.

For one Palps doesn't do "Alliances" By choice His goal is singular domination.

Second The empire could within reason defeat the Imperium of man in a in a costly and long war due to techological advantage and diffrence.

No real motive for an alliance.

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Arkotania wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:

Incorrect; They are Normally wandering Nomadic warrior bands but they have been soldiers at times.

When united under a singular banner and fighting for a cause? Such as they did for Exar Kun? They were soldiers, probably among the best respected soldiers the Sith field.

The Sith all two of them at first were pleased with their New army but in time? They came to respect it and that bond lasted CENTURIES after the conflict ended.

They are among the few Sith will openly respect.

Arkania 5 wrote:
Arkotania wrote:

Durge was such a beast.

Even being tossed into a Sun wasn't enough to kill him for good.

He lived for so long, Killed so many...He is beyond the level of "Beast" He is a killing diety.

Arkotania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkotania » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:55 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:
The Emerald Legion wrote:Personally I see the GE encountering 40k going one of two ways.

1.) Palpy manages to secure an alliance with the imperium of man (Both being Human-centric, xenophobic, fascist, states.), the two team up to ROFLstomp both their minor foes and gear up for the more major threats. Vader is kept under control VIA Gellar field. Alternatively, Palpatine manages to gain enough information to construct Gellar fields and puts a portable one on vader at all times.

2.) Vader teams up with Khorne to kick Palpatine off his throne (Khorne wanting nothing to do with a sissy wizard-king.) The new Galactic Khornate Empire proceeds to give Khorne a huge power boost due to 50 million star systems being forcibly converted, in turn giving the newly converted empire a huge power boost. Not to mention that Khornate Sith would be double the hatred/anger-power. It's a win-win. Except for everyone else.

As to why Palpatine wouldn't team up with Tzeentch? He's smart and knows that's a stupid idea.

And nurgle and slaanesh are both annoying.

Yeah as a fan of both series; That wouldn't have any chance in hell of Happening.

Second The empire could within reason defeat the Imperium of man in a in a costly and long war due to techological advantage and diffrence.

Basically, Palpatine wouldn't rest till the chaos gods served him.
Last edited by Arkotania on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arkania 5 wrote:

No.

Nononononononononono

Gauthier wrote:
Arkotania wrote:

Ovisterra wrote:

I try not to point out people's spelling errors all the time, but this one was brilliant.

This. Definitely this.

Neo Arcad wrote:
Qatarab(Arkotania Puppet) wrote:Where's my torch? Time to burn some courts down.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Arkotania wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:

I respect the Sith for their Ambition and despite Lucas's Meddling he didn't manage to Ruin Palpatine nor his decades long plot and long reaching immortal grasp.

He wanted to Dominate all Life and he came within miles of that goal.

Arkotania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkotania » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:59 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:
Arkotania wrote:

I respect the Sith for their Ambition and despite Lucas's Meddling he didn't manage to Ruin Palpatine nor his decades long plot and long reaching immortal grasp.

Just imagine if he had a Star Forge.
Arkania 5 wrote:

No.

Nononononononononono

Gauthier wrote:
Arkotania wrote:

Ovisterra wrote:

This. Definitely this.

Neo Arcad wrote:

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:01 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:I respect the Sith for their Ambition and despite Lucas's Meddling he didn't manage to Ruin Palpatine nor his decades long plot and long reaching immortal grasp.

Palaptine was the one thing Lucas managed to not screw up in the new trilogy.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:06 pm

I prefer 40k, but I like star wars a lot. I don't know much about Halo, but from what I know it seems pretty neat, though not nearly as cool as the other two settings.

Also, 40k would stomp the other settings if they got into a war.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:07 pm

Trollgaard wrote:I prefer 40k, but I like star wars a lot. I don't know much about Halo, but from what I know it seems pretty neat, though not nearly as cool as the other two settings.

Already talked about that, isn't that simple and let's not bring it back up.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:08 pm

Bone Fort wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:I respect the Sith for their Ambition and despite Lucas's Meddling he didn't manage to Ruin Palpatine nor his decades long plot and long reaching immortal grasp.

Palaptine was the one thing Lucas managed to not screw up in the new trilogy.

Indeed; The Central Antagonist is crucial and thankfully it wasn't ruined by poor directing skill.

Arkotania wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:

Just imagine if he had a Star Forge.

Pity he didn't find any records of it or didn't have the Knowledge to create one he had enough command of the force to use it i have no doubt about that.

A self generating Military platform though? Something like that...cornucopia techology i believe would be the closest actual theory to the starforge, creating from nothing or near and all.

The Empire could have dominated the galaxy for enternity and probably beyond that in time.
Last edited by The Zeonic States on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Bone Fort wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:I prefer 40k, but I like star wars a lot. I don't know much about Halo, but from what I know it seems pretty neat, though not nearly as cool as the other two settings.

We don't have to, I"m just sayin'.

Space Marines and all that.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:10 pm

Bone Fort wrote:

Yeah both sides field a ton of information and Ultimately it was drawn into some sort of truce not to bring it back up again despite me believing the opposite of this fellow that Starwars would openly win any conflict with the Warhammer universe.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Trollgaard wrote:We don't have to, I"m just sayin'.

Again, not that simple.

But yeah, if he had gotten the Star Forge, nothing would've stopped him. Hell, even 40k wouldn't be able to.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Bone Fort wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:We don't have to, I"m just sayin'.

Again, not that simple.

But yeah, if he had gotten the Star Forge, nothing would've stopped him. Hell, even 40k wouldn't be able to.

Would have been tricky to defend but if it was well guarded enough? It wouldn't matter if you found it or not.

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:13 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:
Bone Fort wrote:

Yeah both sides field a ton of information and Ultimately it was drawn into some sort of truce not to bring it back up again despite me believing the opposite of this fellow that Starwars would openly win any conflict with the Warhammer universe.

If you get right down to it parts of 40k and parts of star wars would probably ally against other parts of both. Tau and the Rebe Alliance would get along nicely.

I 'spose it would depend on which era we are talking about.

Because Great Crusade Era 40k would be unstoppable.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:15 pm

Trollgaard wrote:If you get right down to it parts of 40k and parts of star wars would probably ally against other parts of both. Tau and the Rebe Alliance would get along nicely.

Yes, but so would Infinite Empire-Era Star Wars and various other things, which is why it was dropped.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:20 pm

Bone Fort wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:If you get right down to it parts of 40k and parts of star wars would probably ally against other parts of both. Tau and the Rebe Alliance would get along nicely.

Yes, but so would Infinite Empire-Era Star Wars and various other things, which is why it was dropped.

Indeed; Toss in things like the Sun Crusher and Galatic Gun and such? You have devices capable of destorying Solar Systems.

The Starforge a platform capable of generating Military vessels, Droids and Materials of war and pretty much anything else with little to no resources being used.

Starwars has a few things capable of making it "Invincible"

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:21 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:
Bone Fort wrote:

Indeed; Toss in things like the Sun Crusher and Galatic Gun and such? You have devices capable of destorying Solar Systems.

The Starforge a platform capable of generating Military vessels, Droids and Materials of war and pretty much anything else with little to no resources being used.

Nids and Orks.

And Space Marines.

'nuff said.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Trollgaard wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:

Nids and Orks.

And Space Marines.

'nuff said.

This was Debated Already and I wont get into it a second time.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:23 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:Indeed; Toss in things like the Sun Crusher and Galatic Gun and such? You have devices capable of destorying Solar Systems.

And that's putting it lightly.

And I sense we're about to get back into it, so I'm just going to drop it.

How about we compare the two in terms of story telling and general atmosphere? I like how 40k is going with the grimdark thing, it's a fresh breeze from the usual Hollywood "Good guys always win, happy ending" stuff we usually get, but sometimes I feel they go a bit to far into it, ya know?

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:24 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:
Nids and Orks.

And Space Marines.

'nuff said.

This was Debated Already and I wont get into it a second time.

Nids, Orks, and Space Marines, OH MY!

:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
Last edited by Trollgaard on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction