NATION

PASSWORD

The Star Wars vs. WH40K Debate

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which series do you prefer [Not who wins.]

Star Wars
37%
WH40k
30%
Halo
10%
Combination of each
6%
All of them
10%
Other
8%

Total votes : 719

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:09 pm

New Zepuha wrote:
Gauthier wrote:And another thread devolves into a nerdfight.

And I still want to see who wins between Withered Old Man and Vegetable.

Leave if you aren't going to contribute.

Public thread, sorry. Besides, it's apples and oranges. Each exists in an environment where conditions were perfect for them to thrive. Put them all in a level playing field and neither one would achieve anywhere near their optimal levels.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Tyler Kazakov III
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyler Kazakov III » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:09 pm

Premislyd wrote:
Tyler Kazakov III wrote:
How not?
The combination of all the weapons and men from the star wars universe would destroy Halo in minutes.
WH40k would take some time, but SW would eventually destroy them as well.

40k ships would rape any SW ship below a SSD

Yea, but the men on ground are better. SW would win.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:11 pm

New Zepuha wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:Imperium of Man wins the battles, Empire wins the war for the simple fact that the SW ships have FTL that isn't reliant going though literal hell.

This is true, but we haven't even touched on the ability of ground troops to seize a planet. We have assessed yes Star Wars has Naval power but assuming that they have sense and don't blow up everything in the galaxy who would win on the ground?

Empire. Most worlds are only protected by poorly trained and equipped Planetary Defense Forces, who would be just as likely to join the Galactic Empire as fight them. GE's FTL is much faster, more accurate and more reliable. By the time a Imperial Guard or Space Marine response can be mustered to retake that one they'll have lost 10 more worlds. In pitched battle Imperial Guard would be a match for Storm Troopers and Imperial Army. If you bring the Adeptus Mechanius into this, it really tips the favor towards the Imperium because AT-ATs ain't got shit on a Warlord Battle Titan. Space Marines by very definition would curbstomp everyone.

Either stalemate or phyric victory for the Galactic Empire.
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:12 pm

Tyler Kazakov III wrote:
Premislyd wrote:
40k ships would rape any SW ship below a SSD

Storm Trooper Syndrome disagrees
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:13 pm

Gauthier wrote:
New Zepuha wrote:Leave if you aren't going to contribute.

Public thread, sorry. Besides, it's apples and oranges. Each exists in an environment where conditions were perfect for them to thrive. Put them all in a level playing field and neither one would achieve anywhere near their optimal levels.

Which would thus result in a UNSC victory!

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Tyler Kazakov III
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyler Kazakov III » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:14 pm

Premislyd wrote:
Tyler Kazakov III wrote:

-_- Star Wars would win, hands down, this isn't even up for anything. WH40K would be a match, but not for long.

Tyler Kazakov III
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyler Kazakov III » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Which would thus result in a UNSC victory!

That might be true now that you say it.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Tyler Kazakov III wrote:
Premislyd wrote:

-_- Star Wars would win, hands down, this isn't even up for anything. WH40K would be a match, but not for long.

Only if the Imperial Marksmanship Academy was disbanded.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Premislyd wrote:
Tyler Kazakov III wrote:

Human Storm Troopers. Clonetroopers knew how to aim.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:16 pm

Premislyd wrote:Storm Trooper Syndrome disagrees

No. Storm Troopers in the Expanded Universe are much better then in the movie, where they fell victim to "Going against the main characters in a Hollywood production" syndrome.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:16 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Premislyd wrote:

Only against non-plot important characters.

@}-;-'---

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:17 pm

After doing a quick skim through this thread I can say with confidence that you're doing it wrong. Each universe is composed of several factions. You rate the factions, not the 'verses. Like this.

Precursors (Halo) = Celestials (SW) = Pre-Flood War Forerunner > Prehistoric Humanity (Halo) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Age of Technology Imperium = Pre-Slaanesh Eldar > Necrons > Craftworld Eldar > Dark Eldar > Imperium of Mankind > Orks > Tyranids > Tau >>>> The Old Republic > non-ICS calcs Empire (SW) (non-ICS because the ICS's canon status is shaky and I would have to deal with double digit teratons broadsides and I just can't reconcile that with the movies) > The Galactic Republic >> Post-Forerunner tech UNSC > Covenant >>> pre-Forerunner tech UNSC.

I'm shaky on the WH40K factions, but this seems to work if I'm not completely missing something. I know the Forerunner section is right.

Anyway, end result is that the Precursors, Celestials, and Forerunner end up in a three way war of attrition before the Forerunner go all, "Final Solution," on everyone.
Last edited by Kreanoltha on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:17 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

If your entire dominion consists entirely of plot important characters either you've got a pretty teeny area of control or you're the creation of Stephenie Meyers.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:18 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:After doing a quick skim through this thread I can say with confidence that you're doing it wrong. Each universe is composed of several factions. You rate the factions, not the 'verses. Like this.

Precursors (Halo) > Celestials (SW) > Pre-Flood War Forerunner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Age of Technology Imperium = Pre-Slaanesh Eldar > Necrons > Craftworld Eldar > Dark Eldar > Imperium of Mankind > Orks > Tyranids > Tau >>>> The Old Republic > non-ICS calcs Empire (SW) (non-ICS because the ICS's canon status is shaky and I would have to deal with double digit teratons broadsides and I just can't reconcile that with the movies) > The Galactic Republic >> Post-Forerunner tech UNSC > Covenant >>> pre-Forerunner tech UNSC.

I'm shaky on the WH40K factions, but this seems to work if I'm not completely missing something. I know the Forerunner section is right.

I feel that the Orkz would trump everyone combined if their infighting stopped.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:19 pm

Bone Fort wrote:
Premislyd wrote:Storm Trooper Syndrome disagrees

No. Storm Troopers in the Expanded Universe are much better then in the movie, where they fell victim to "Going against the main characters in a Hollywood production" syndrome.

Clearly.
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:19 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Only against non-plot important characters.

If your entire dominion consists entirely of plot important characters either you've got a pretty teeny area of control or you're the creation of Stephenie Meyers.

...Quick, contact Lucas, we must incorporate them!

@}-;-'---

United States of Raptors
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Raptors » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:20 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Ewoks were plot important? Damn never knew that.
The Archregimancy wrote:I only have one:

That most people in NSG actually know that much about history/archaeology in the first place.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:21 pm

Bone Fort wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:After doing a quick skim through this thread I can say with confidence that you're doing it wrong. Each universe is composed of several factions. You rate the factions, not the 'verses. Like this.

Precursors (Halo) > Celestials (SW) > Pre-Flood War Forerunner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Age of Technology Imperium = Pre-Slaanesh Eldar > Necrons > Craftworld Eldar > Dark Eldar > Imperium of Mankind > Orks > Tyranids > Tau >>>> The Old Republic > non-ICS calcs Empire (SW) (non-ICS because the ICS's canon status is shaky and I would have to deal with double digit teratons broadsides and I just can't reconcile that with the movies) > The Galactic Republic >> Post-Forerunner tech UNSC > Covenant >>> pre-Forerunner tech UNSC.

Orks would. Eldar would automatically lose b/c spehss elfs

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:21 pm

United States of Raptors wrote:Ewoks were plot important? Damn never knew that.

They were on the heroes side in a Hollywood production. 'Nuff said.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Bone Fort wrote:

They might be able to pose a serious threat to the non-Forerunner or above factions, but the Forerunner are heads and shoulders above almost everyone on this list. They're quite similar to the Culture in some ways. They can shoot you from hundreds if not thousands of light years away using slipspace for one.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:22 pm

United States of Raptors wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Only against non-plot important characters.

Ewoks were plot important? Damn never knew that.

Theoretically yes, but I was talking about Clones. They never fought the Ewoks.

@}-;-'---

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Premislyd wrote:
Bone Fort wrote:

They're just too addicted to fighting to organize as a cohesive unit.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Premislyd wrote:

One day they'll finally organize into a cohesive unit

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:25 pm

Precursors (Halo) = Celestials (SW) = Pre-Flood War Forerunner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Age of Technology Imperium = Pre-Slaanesh Eldar > Necrons > Craftworld Eldar > Dark Eldar > Imperium of Mankind > Orks > Tyranids > Tau >>>> The Old Republic > non-ICS calcs Empire (SW) (non-ICS because the ICS's canon status is shaky and I would have to deal with double digit teratons broadsides and I just can't reconcile that with the movies) > The Galactic Republic >> Post-Forerunner tech UNSC > Covenant >>> pre-Forerunner tech UNSC.

Anyway, end result is that the Precursors, Celestials, and Forerunner end up in a three way war of attrition before the Forerunner go all, "Final Solution," on everyone.

I'm pretty sure that the Tyranids have been the top dogs in the 40K universe ever since the Necrons got demoted from ancient unstoppable evil to blatant Tomb King rip-offs in space.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:25 pm

Premislyd wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

One day they'll finally organize into a cohesive unit

And then they fight over whether or not they should be a cohesive unit.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction