NATION

PASSWORD

The Star Wars vs. WH40K Debate

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which series do you prefer [Not who wins.]

Star Wars
37%
WH40k
30%
Halo
10%
Combination of each
6%
All of them
10%
Other
8%

Total votes : 719

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Agymnum wrote:
The UEG-Space Command wrote:Halo has novels and film two you know? heck Halo 4 was very in depth for the main character.

And the Forerunner novels are not bad either.

To be honest, Halo never really struck me as doing anything particularly original or fresh with the sci-fi genre.

Star Wars gets a pass for basically inventing modern, mainstream sci-fi (along with Star Trek), and Warhammer 40k gets a pass for taking sci-fi and giving it a pair of wheelbarrow-sized testicles.

Halo's not bad, don't get me wrong. I've played it, but I've never understood the hype. It's alright, pretty good in terms of production values, but it's not something I'd go out of my way to show to my children and be like, "Back in my day, we used to play with this here video game, boy!"

Pretty much my opinion on Halo but more positive.
National Imperialist-Freedom Party

Proud member of the stone wall alliance

Agent Maine: of NSG's Official Project Freelancer

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

Agymnum
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:33 pm

The UEG-Space Command wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:
Greg Bear is a Friggin Hack

*Shoots head of with a Bolter Hardlight combo*

"Heretics best keep quite or else they upset the gods"

*Shoots head off in-turn*

"HERESY! NO LOYAL SPACE MARINE WOULD DARE SAY 'GODS', FOR THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD! HE IS THE GOD-EMPEROR OF MANKIND! ALL ELSE ARE DAEMONS AND HERETICS!"
Glorious puppet of Highfort

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:33 pm

The UEG-Space Command wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:
Greg Bear is a Friggin Hack

*Shoots head of with a Bolter Hardlight combo*

Slash is also a Hack :lol2:

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Agymnum wrote:
The UEG-Space Command wrote:*Shoots head of with a Bolter Hardlight combo*

"HERESY! NO LOYAL SPACE MARINE WOULD DARE SAY 'GODS', FOR THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD! HE IS THE GOD-EMPEROR OF MANKIND! ALL ELSE ARE DAEMONS AND HERETICS!"

<_< Despite the fact this "God Emperor" Is restricted to his throne is only living off Life support and an IV

Onekawa-Nukanor
Senator

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Onekawa-Nukanor » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:36 pm

Bone Fort wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:I still maintain Halo is out of it's Element here.

I mean really the one trick the Forerunners had that no one thought could be beat? the whole slip space drive by? I think it can be successfully countered by the galatic gun.

I mean short of the ForeRunners both factions the Convenant and UNSC are jokes compared to any government of Starwars or Warhammer.

And i still think the Forerunners would lose to the GE.

The OP already ruled them out, idiots keep bring them back up.

Probably does not help the situation when the OP has neglected to change the title which specifically says 'Star Wars vs. WH40K vs. Halo'

Its contradictory. The OP is as much a part of the blame as the people who keep bringing it up.

And we are not idiots, we simply have a different preference, and are attempting to argue its case. No need to try and mock us.
Last edited by Onekawa-Nukanor on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A NEW ZEALANDER

ALL BLACKS SUPPORTER

When refering to me ICly, please use the proper term Ngāti Onekawa-Nukanor, not Ngāti of Onekawa-Nukanor. Thank you.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:36 pm

Arkotania wrote:The Tau are probably the sanest race in all of 40k.

And up until someone at GW decided they needed to be more GrimDark they were fairly easy going as a species.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Agymnum
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:37 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:
Agymnum wrote:

<_< Despite the fact this "God Emperor" Is restricted to his throne is only living off Life support and an IV

*BLAM!*

"HERESY! IT IS ONLY THROUGH THE WILL OF THE GOD-EMPEROR THAT THE WARP GATES THAT SUSTAIN MANKIND ARE MAINTAINED!"

*BLAM!*

"Wotz youz talkin' bout, humie? Gabbin' on 'bout dat der emprah o' yourz? Wotz it gonna take to tell yahz, US ORKZ IZ DA BIGGEST AN' DA STRONGEST!"

Arkotania
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkotania » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:37 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:
Agymnum wrote:

I wonder what will happen to the Imperium when the "God-Emperor" finally dies. For one, they'd lose that astral beacon thing for warp navigation.
Mostly back from a long hiatus from the forums
Arkania 5 wrote:
Arkotania wrote:Matt Ward

No.

Nononononononononono

Gauthier wrote:
Arkotania wrote:
Then your testicles become strange tentacles.

And then you make films in Japan.

Ovisterra wrote:
Oceanic people wrote:where lives are at steak

I try not to point out people's spelling errors all the time, but this one was brilliant.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Arkotania wrote:Or maybe NS is also a degraded society.

This. Definitely this.

Neo Arcad wrote:
Qatarab(Arkotania Puppet) wrote:Where's my torch? Time to burn some courts down.

Oh, you crazy Muslim you!

Laeriland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Laeriland » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Arkotania wrote:The Tau are probably the sanest race in all of 40k.

And up until someone at GW decided they needed to be more GrimDark they were fairly easy going as a species.

On the outside at least. Could make the case that they always were GrimDark underneath.

The UEG-Space Command
Minister

Founded: Jan 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The UEG-Space Command » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Agymnum wrote:
The UEG-Space Command wrote:*Shoots head of with a Bolter Hardlight combo*

*Round bounces off*

Space Marine? Nah I am a Promethean, the gods bit is just showing my love for my Council and Mantle.

Can't we all just get along, and can we all just agree that Starcraft is inferior to all three?

"I would say Mass Effect, but Mass Effect has a good plot to me and I am actually like it compared to Starcraft."
"For too many years, humanity was on the backfoot. Reacting to threats, rather than preventing them. Rest of the galaxy was bigger than us. Stronger than us. We were mice, hiding in the shadows, hoping the giants would not see us. No more. Humanity is no longer on the defense. We are the giants now."

"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable."
—Leonard Church

"You ever wonder why we're here?"

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:39 pm

Arkotania wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:

I wonder what will happen to the Imperium when the "God-Emperor" finally dies. For one, they'd lose that astral beacon thing for warp navigation.

The Imperium dies with him or is plunged into a long ass civil war or both.

It either scatters to the winds or goes into civil war.

Agymnum
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Laeriland wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

On the outside at least. Could make the case that they always were GrimDark underneath.

It's not so much that they're grimdark but simply fanatical.

Grimdark would be the Tau torturing other races for fun or consuming them like the Nids. They merely assimilate other races for "the Greater Good".

Really, they have more sinister undertones than outright Grimdarkness.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Agymnum wrote:
Laeriland wrote:On the outside at least. Could make the case that they always were GrimDark underneath.

Grimdark would be the Tau torturing other races for fun or consuming them like the Nids. They merely assimilate other races for "the Greater Good".

there pretty mean to the subjugated humans and have a strict "surrender or die" polocy
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:44 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:
Arkotania wrote:

Or, the Emperor is reborn and leads the Imperium and a glorious second great crusade!

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:45 pm

Trollgaard wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:

Or, the Emperor is reborn and leads the Imperium and a glorious second great crusade!

thats been retconned
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Agymnum
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Agymnum wrote:

there pretty mean to the subjugated humans and have a strict "surrender or die" polocy

Because that's so grimdark compared to the Imperium's-

*BLAM!*

"HOW DARE YOU ATTEMPT TO INSULT THE GLORY OF THE IMPERIUM!"

Laeriland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Laeriland » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Agymnum wrote:

At least they give the option of surrendering which is more than what quite a few of the others do..

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:

thats been retconned

I don't believe it has.

Arkotania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkotania » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Laeriland wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:

At least they give the option of surrendering which is more than what quite a few of the others do..

As in "surrender and die" or "fight and die"
Arkania 5 wrote:

No.

Nononononononononono

Gauthier wrote:
Arkotania wrote:

Ovisterra wrote:

I try not to point out people's spelling errors all the time, but this one was brilliant.

This. Definitely this.

Neo Arcad wrote:
Qatarab(Arkotania Puppet) wrote:Where's my torch? Time to burn some courts down.

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Laeriland wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:

Indeed. It's better than getting captured by the Dark Eldar.

Agymnum
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Vareiln wrote:
Laeriland wrote:At least they give the option of surrendering which is more than what quite a few of the others do..

"Get me a new plaything. This one seems to have broken."

*Shudders* Anything but that. At least Nids don't torture you, and Chaos gives you powers.

Laeriland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Laeriland » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Vareiln wrote:
Laeriland wrote:At least they give the option of surrendering which is more than what quite a few of the others do..

Give me the Nids before the DE's, all they do is eat you.

Arkotania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkotania » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Vareiln wrote:

Dark Eldar...Evil little bastards. Of course they may have learned a small lesson when they tried to hold hostage some Space Marines. I may not really like the Space Marines, but they can kick ass(Of course you can't say Imperial Stromtroopers suck because it wouldn't be fair. They didn't have much of a choice)
Arkania 5 wrote:

No.

Nononononononononono

Gauthier wrote:
Arkotania wrote:

Ovisterra wrote:

This. Definitely this.

Neo Arcad wrote:

Agymnum
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Arkotania wrote:
Vareiln wrote:Indeed. It's better than getting captured by the Dark Eldar.

Dark Eldar...Evil little bastards. Of course they may have learned a small lesson when they tried to hold hostage some Space Marines. I may not really like the Space Marines, but they can kick ass(Of course you can't say Imperial Stromtroopers suck because it wouldn't be fair. They didn't have much of a choice)

Space Marines may kick ass, but their testicles dwarf in size compared to those of the Imperial Guard and the Krieger regiments.

"Flashlights and Flak Jackets. Because I didn't feel like killing that guy anyways, and protection is for pussies."

Laeriland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Laeriland » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Agymnum wrote:
Arkotania wrote:

Space Marines may kick ass, but their testicles dwarf in size compared to those of the Imperial Guard and the Krieger regiments.

"Flashlights and Flak Jackets. Because I didn't feel like killing that guy anyways, and protection is for pussies."

The guard does all the work, the Marines get all the credit.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction