NATION

PASSWORD

The Star Wars vs. WH40K Debate

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which series do you prefer [Not who wins.]

Star Wars
37%
WH40k
30%
Halo
10%
Combination of each
6%
All of them
10%
Other
8%

Total votes : 719

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:58 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:
That's the thing...any one they might be able to handle. But Nids, Orks, the Imperium of Man all together? Not a chance.

good things Nids will fight anyone as they are just hungry and don't take sides, Orks are Orks.

At least the factions in star wars can ally.

So can the 40k factions...except the nids...lol.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Bone Fort wrote:I'm extremely happy that even though we may argue here a lot, we can still unite in our hatred of Star Trek.

It makes me happy
National Imperialist-Freedom Party

Proud member of the stone wall alliance

Agent Maine: of NSG's Official Project Freelancer

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

Maroza
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Maroza » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:59 pm

We could always do a thread of Empire + Imperium + UNSC against everyone else and discus who would win.
Current level 5: Peacetime
Find a Helmet
Put on a Helmet

Find me someone who does not support the revolutionary sciences and the technology of peace and they will be shot as traitors to the revolution.~Aethrys
The disease first struck a wealthy nation with low population density, an adequate health care system and naturally declining population.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Bone Fort wrote:
Ultis Templarii wrote:We could always try a thread of this although I think it would just devolve into number wank and godmod.

Probably, since 40k has things like Nids, SPHESS MARHINES, the Emperor, and Necrons while Star Wars has stuff like Star Forge, the Galaxy Gun, Darth Nihilius, and Dark Troopers.

And Essence Transfer; Don't forget the Sith trick of Immortality.

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Trollgaard wrote:
North Calaveras wrote:
good things Nids will fight anyone as they are just hungry and don't take sides, Orks are Orks.

At least the factions in star wars can ally.

So can the 40k factions...except the nids...lol.

-_- lets be honest, allying in 40k is EXTREMELY difficult, you couldn't keep the alliance for an entire war.

Chaos also cannot ally with the Imperium, some parts of it might, but you could not fully do it simply because of chaos's nature, warbands would fight for the sake of fighting.
Government: Romanist Ceasarist Dictatorship
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality
Ethnic Groups: American, Latino, Filipino

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Trollgaard wrote:So can the 40k factions...except the nids...lol.

And that hasn't happened because?

If I recall correctly every attempt at the 40k races allying together ended with them trying to stab each other in the back rather quickly.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Maroza wrote:We could always do a thread of Empire + Imperium + UNSC against everyone else and discus who would win.

I still maintain Halo is out of it's Element here.

I mean really the one trick the Forerunners had that no one thought could be beat? the whole slip space drive by? I think it can be successfully countered by the galatic gun.

I mean short of the ForeRunners both factions the Convenant and UNSC are jokes compared to any government of Starwars or Warhammer.

And i still think the Forerunners would lose to the GE.

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Bone Fort wrote:

If I recall correctly every attempt at the 40k races allying together ended with them trying to stab each other in the back rather quickly.

well, after the immediate danger is over.

And if the Star Wars universe was the immediate danger...there might be some fairly long term alliances!

Though, as I said earlier in the thread, I think it would be parts of 40k allying with parts of star wars and fighting other alliances and groups. Though everyone might get together to take out the nids and yuuzon vong. Hell, maybe after that they'd all sing kumbiya and make smores! :lol:

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Bone Fort wrote:

The Empire united with the New Republic to fight the Vong; Two factions that waged war upon each other for nearly three decades united and despite Mutual distrust and dislike they ended up not betraying each other until the new kid on the block was running back home to his Moma.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:03 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:I still maintain Halo is out of it's Element here.

I mean really the one trick the Forerunners had that no one thought could be beat? the whole slip space drive by? I think it can be successfully countered by the galatic gun.

I mean short of the ForeRunners both factions the Convenant and UNSC are jokes compared to any government of Starwars or Warhammer.

The OP already ruled them out, idiots keep bring them back up.

Ultis Templarii
Attaché

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultis Templarii » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:04 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:
Maroza wrote:We could always do a thread of Empire + Imperium + UNSC against everyone else and discus who would win.

Well, yeah you're a raving SW fanboy.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:05 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:
Bone Fort wrote:

The Empire united with the New Republic to fight the Vong; Two factions that waged war upon each other for nearly three decades united and despite Mutual distrust and dislike they ended up not betraying each other until the new kid on the block was running back home to his Moma.

The Empire and Republic are far more logical than 40k races

You could not ally the Imperium with Chaos(Khorne warbands would still attack them for simply wanting blood etc etc), Orks you could use as mercenarys to an extent, Tyranids are impossible, Necrons are unlikley(it has been done...) Tau is your best shot at any lasting peace.
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Ultis Templarii wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:

Well, yeah you're a raving SW fanboy.

Doesn't stop me from thinking what i would think even if i wasn't and i am a fan of SOME parts of SW.

Hardly think i am raving either.

The Sangheili Empire
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sangheili Empire » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:07 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:

In that case, the Culture can loose to the Systems Alliance + Citadel Council.

Maybe Blops 2 America can beat the Xeelee?

How about the COG taking out the Timelords?

Saying the Galactic Empire even close to the Forerunners sickens me.

I say lets give the UNSC a few more years to work up their Spartan program and improve their energy powering (The UNSC Infinity can dishout Gigatons to most likely even teratons, but these figures mean energy consumption must be a bitch.)
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Writ of Union

So full of hate were our eyes

That none of us could see

Our war would yield countless dead

But never victory

So let us cast arms aside

And like discard our wrath

Thou, in faith, will keep us safe

Whilst we find the blessed path

I'm Unified Earth Governments

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:08 pm

Ultis Templarii wrote:Well, yeah you're a raving SW fanboy.

And you're a raving 40k fanboy. Your point?

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:08 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:

You could not ally the Imperium with Chaos(Khorne warbands would still attack them for simply wanting blood etc etc), Orks you could use as mercenarys to an extent, Tyranids are impossible, Necrons are unlikley(it has been done...) Tau is your best shot at any lasting peace.

Eldar.

And chaos and the Imperium wouldn't necessarily need stand back to back...they could operate on different fronts. Hit different targets.

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:09 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:
Yes.

Nids and Orks.

And rallying all the Chaos Space Marines to fight along side their loyalist brethren. I think they'd team up for a bit to curbstomp some Star Wars dudes.

Nids are to slow, Orks are good, but Nids against the Empire would fail, the empire could mass to many forces for a hive fleet to handle, they can predict where a fleet will go and just mass a retard-size fleet and annihilate it.

Considering how the Imperial Remnant handled the Yuuzhan Vong... Yeah, the Empire at its height could deal with the Tyranids pretty easily.

Ultis Templarii
Attaché

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultis Templarii » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:09 pm

The Sangheili Empire wrote:
The Zeonic States wrote:

In that case, the Culture can loose to the Systems Alliance + Citadel Council.

I say lets give the UNSC a few more years to work up their Spartan program and improve their energy powering (The UNSC Infinity can dishout Gigatons to most likely even teratons, but these figures mean energy consumption must be a bitch.)

Oh, I love the Infinity. Bloody A is what it is. I mean it rammed and blew up a Covie cruiser with no issue then deployed frigates as it's fighters. Fuckin' A.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:09 pm

Trollgaard wrote:
North Calaveras wrote:

Eldar.

And chaos and the Imperium wouldn't necessarily need stand back to back...they could operate on different fronts. Hit different targets.

Eldar to i guess

They would need to stand back to back, because Chaos is not going to ignore the Imperium by any means, they take everyone equally.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:11 pm

The Sangheili Empire wrote:In that case, the Culture can loose to the Systems Alliance + Citadel Council.

The Forerunners genius masterplan to kill the Flood involved their own extinction, I think you lifting them up so high on this golden pedestal is a bit far.

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:11 pm

The Zeonic States wrote:
Bone Fort wrote:

Hell, it was because of the Imperial Remnant and its superior ships and tactics that the Vong were defeated.

Arkotania
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkotania » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:11 pm

The Tau are probably the sanest race in all of 40k.
Mostly back from a long hiatus from the forums
Arkania 5 wrote:
Arkotania wrote:Matt Ward

No.

Nononononononononono

Gauthier wrote:
Arkotania wrote:
Then your testicles become strange tentacles.

And then you make films in Japan.

Ovisterra wrote:
Oceanic people wrote:where lives are at steak

I try not to point out people's spelling errors all the time, but this one was brilliant.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Arkotania wrote:Or maybe NS is also a degraded society.

This. Definitely this.

Neo Arcad wrote:
Qatarab(Arkotania Puppet) wrote:Where's my torch? Time to burn some courts down.

Oh, you crazy Muslim you!

The Sangheili Empire
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sangheili Empire » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:12 pm

The Infinity is something I sorta made up first (not directly, but a ship of it's size and purpose.) I mean it takes this long for them to get to this?

Hopefully 343 can fix up the UNSC and Covenant because the inconsistently before was bad.

Forerunners have been fixed, some stuff of the UNSC and Covenant are going good, lets Halo can pick its heels.

Anyways there is no way the Empire can match the Imperium, just putting out there.

Writ of Union

So full of hate were our eyes

That none of us could see

Our war would yield countless dead

But never victory

So let us cast arms aside

And like discard our wrath

Thou, in faith, will keep us safe

Whilst we find the blessed path

I'm Unified Earth Governments

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:13 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:
Eldar.

Eldar to i guess

They would need to stand back to back, because Chaos is not going to ignore the Imperium by any means, they take everyone equally.

You really think Abaddon would that foolish? I think he would ally for time, even if that meant just not attacking the Imperium. Granted Abaddon doesn't control all the chaos space marines, but a large chunk of them.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:13 pm

Vareiln wrote:
North Calaveras wrote:
Nids are to slow, Orks are good, but Nids against the Empire would fail, the empire could mass to many forces for a hive fleet to handle, they can predict where a fleet will go and just mass a retard-size fleet and annihilate it.

Considering how the Imperial Remnant handled the Yuuzhan Vong... Yeah, the Empire at its height could deal with the Tyranids pretty easily.

It comes down to the Empire having Veteran senior officers in places were they are needed.

Didn't help the Emperor knew Battle Mediation and was capable of using it to inspire Millions of his soldiers at once.

It's a mixture of Education, expreince and outside influence which turned the Empire into a force that held a good portion of galaxy in it's fist.

I agree the Empire could defeat the Tyranids but only if they were the only threat coming at them on a major scale, it would require several massive construction projects which would be fairly expensive, you would need to make a few galatic guns to kill their bigger space bound hives before they entered Imperial space.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction