NATION

PASSWORD

Dawnguard, Oblivion or Morrowind?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Which one?

Dawnguard
17%
Morrowind
33%
Oblivion
50%

Total votes : 18

Pavlostani
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Dawnguard, Oblivion or Morrowind?

Postby Pavlostani » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:30 pm

I just got a $20 visa gift card, and was wondering if I should get dawnguard (which is what the card was originally for), Morrowind (I hear it's great) or Oblivion (I also hear it's great)
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Khadgar
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Dawnguard is crashy as all fuck. Seriously, load transitions, crash, just walking around, crash, textures not loading frequently. Gameplay wise it's fine, but it's unstable as hell.

Oblivion is nice, and it's got great mods.

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:42 pm

Morrowind is great, but I still prefer Oblivion as it has a much better map; alot of the Morrowind map is Cliff racer territory- barren moutains with terradactle creatures (cliff racers) always attacking you; which is good if you want some experience points but it gets old quickly.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Pavlostani wrote:I just got a $20 visa gift card, and was wondering if I should get dawnguard (which is what the card was originally for), Morrowind (I hear it's great) or Oblivion (I also hear it's great)

I would wait until most of the bugs with Dawnguard have already been dealt with. Are you playing on the PC? If so they might be fixed by a PC mod. Otherwise you have to wait for for them to fix it (unlikely)
Last edited by Neutraligon on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:48 pm

Khadgar wrote:Dawnguard is crashy as all fuck. Seriously, load transitions, crash, just walking around, crash, textures not loading frequently. Gameplay wise it's fine, but it's unstable as hell.

Don't believe this guy, for me, Dawnguard runs perfectly fine. Well, on the consoles, what are you buying with the visa? PC?
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:57 pm

I haven't been able to buy Dawnguard yet, but I do know that I had a lot of fun with Oblivion, especially with all the mods.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Pavlostani
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm on PC.
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Khadgar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:00 pm

AETEN II wrote:
Khadgar wrote:Dawnguard is crashy as all fuck. Seriously, load transitions, crash, just walking around, crash, textures not loading frequently. Gameplay wise it's fine, but it's unstable as hell.

Don't believe this guy, for me, Dawnguard runs perfectly fine. Well, on the consoles, what are you buying with the visa? PC?

I'm running the PC version, unmodded it's unstable, with the unofficial patch mods it's playable but still broken.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:01 pm

AETEN II wrote:

That's funny considering all the bug reports that came out for the console version.
Just A Little though

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Khadgar wrote:
AETEN II wrote:Don't believe this guy, for me, Dawnguard runs perfectly fine. Well, on the consoles, what are you buying with the visa? PC?

I'm running the PC version, unmodded it's unstable, with the unofficial patch mods it's playable but still broken.

I do know that you PC players got the short stick, but damn. I bought Skyrim for my computer as well, but despite websites saying that my computer should be able to run the recommended settings, the damn thing's become a $60 paperweight.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:03 pm

Khadgar wrote:
AETEN II wrote:Don't believe this guy, for me, Dawnguard runs perfectly fine. Well, on the consoles, what are you buying with the visa? PC?

If it is unstable unmodded than it will be even worse with Dawnguard.
Just A Little though

Khadgar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Khadgar wrote:

If it is unstable unmodded than it will be even worse with Dawnguard.

Dawnguard is unstable without mods. I had to install the unofficial patch to get it to the level of playable. I've gotten in the habit of quick saving every few minutes, and before any area transitions.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Neutraligon wrote:

That's funny considering all the bug reports that came out for the console version.

No bugs here. The only bug is the glitches with trophy mounting. I learned the hard way to not mess around and re-arrange stuff too often. Nearly lost my Ax of Whiterun. Thankfully I had a previous save. Besides that, nope, no bugs here.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Pavlostani
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Right now, I'm leaning towards Morrowind or Oblivion.

Khadgar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Pavlostani wrote:Right now, I'm leaning towards Morrowind or Oblivion.

Oblivion, you can download Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, makes the game great, assuming you're on the PC version.

Pavlostani
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Khadgar wrote:

Oblivion, you can download Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, makes the game great, assuming you're on the PC version.

Alright, checking it out.

Chestaan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chestaan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:06 pm

If you have to choose between them, get Oblivion. It's just a more complete game and it only improves on Morrowind (except for the loss of several weapons). If you can get both, then do, as Morrowind is also tremendous.
Council Communist
TG me if you want to chat, especially about economics, you can never have enough discussions on economics.Especially game theory :)
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.62

Getting the Guillotine

Oterro
Post Marshal

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Morrowind is the peak of the Elder Scrolls series. Get that for the love of god.

It has aged like a whore's arse though so if you're expecting flashiness and hand holding might as well go for skyrim of duty.

Oblivion's alright. At least the quests are good.

oh here's an excellent sneaky tip by the way;
if there are widespread issues with bugs and errors, ignore that one guy who feels the need to say ''nope worked fine for me nope, nope, nope''
Last edited by Oterro on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Oterro wrote:Morrowind is the peak of the Elder Scrolls series. Get that for the love of god.

It has aged like a whore's arse though so if you're expecting flashiness and hand holding might as well go for skyrim of duty.

Oblivion's alright. At least the quests are good.

oh here's an excellent sneaky tip by the way;
if there are widespread issues with bugs and errors, ignore that one guy who feels the need to say ''nope worked fine for me nope, nope, nope''

There are no critical bugs on the console though. I don't know about the PC, but I've only encountered one bug which I think was later patched. Besides that, there was an annoying glitch of a quest marker that derailed me for a bit and required a youtube walkthrough, but besides that, nothing.

There is a funny non critical one though. I forget who you get that lycan ring from, but there's a glitch where a clone of him has spawned and is currently roaming the roads of skyrim as a werewolf. Quite funny, seeing that nobody reacts to him.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Pavlostani
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:16 pm

Well, buying Oblivion.

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 17, 2004
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Morrowind.

Morrowind, with at least Morrowind Comes Alive, is a stunning game.
The above post may or may not be serious.
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."
North Calaveras wrote:Tagmatium, it was never about pie...

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:20 pm

I still play Morrowind on occasions. I have not touched Oblivion in a long time, and am unlikely to play Skyrim following the release of whatever its successor is. Neither of the two can compare to Morrowind.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Empire of Kaurna
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Kaurna » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:26 pm

Don't get Oblivion, try most people say Morrowind is the best Elder Scrolls out there. Oblivion isn't as addictive as Skyrim. There could be a chance of Morrowind more addictive than Skyrim.
I HAVE THE DEFAULT FLAG BECAUSE KAURNA WAS A ABORINGINAL COUNTRY BEFORE THE ENGLISH CAME TO AUSTRALIA, IM NOT BLACK BTW.

CHECK OUT THIS WEBSITE!!: http://www.youtube.com/user/OpIsForNoobs?feature=mhee

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:37 pm

Morrowind if you can get it.
If not, Oblivion, but make sure you get the Shivering Isles. Makes the entire game worth it.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction