NATION

PASSWORD

Paradox Games!

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Genoa
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Genoa » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:00 am

I've played Crusader Kings I and liked it. I like the building up of dynasties and political maneuvering. CKII looks better obviously, but I haven't bought it yet.
Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

For death and glory? For Rohan.

Melas
Minister

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Melas » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Just for the record mount and blade is just published from Paradx not developed
FLAG MADE BY: RYAANISTAN
Bralia wrote:
Melas wrote:no matter what,since tentacles are involved,I have already seen enough hentai to know where this is going

A legendary thousandth post, to be sure. :lol: Congrats.
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ottozum Empire wrote:He also likes his daughters to marry people

Melas is a sugar daddy. Spread the rumor.
Please Join This Awesome RP

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:37 pm

Oterro wrote:
Murgoth wrote:Crusader kings 2 was the best game ever and it's published by paradox.

Mount and Blade, without mods, is a mess of grinding and failure.

crusader kings is asperger's the game

if you have to grind in mount and blade you probably just suck at video games
New Sapienta wrote:Please explain.

I'm sure your games are so enlightening and intelligent, we should bow before your wisdom.
what even is the point in posting if you're going to make shit arguments like that

yes, video games, that peak of human artistic enlightenment; bastions of intelligence, emotion and enlightenment.

fun? what's that?

Fun

I was making fun of yoru snobbish attitude, not saying video games are the height of civilization.

Anyway, for the comment above, if you're saying all people who play CK 2 are socially inept, well then, the exact same can be said of the JRPG players, or, hell, RPGs period if we're using sterotypes like you are.

If that's not what you mean, I have no idea what you mean.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Oterro wrote:what even is the point in posting if you're going to make shit arguments like that

yes, video games, that peak of human artistic enlightenment; bastions of intelligence, emotion and enlightenment.

fun? what's that?

Someone lacks appreciation for new mediums.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Oterro
Post Marshal

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:29 pm

Melas wrote:Just for the record mount and blade is just published from Paradx not developed

yeah i know

i wonder if they'll publish the sequel, i hope so!
New Sapienta wrote:Fun

I was making fun of yoru snobbish attitude, not saying video games are the height of civilization.
my snobbish attitude is a beautiful young woman you leave her alone
New Sapienta wrote:Anyway, for the comment above, if you're saying all people who play CK 2 are socially inept, well then, the exact same can be said of the JRPG players, or, hell, RPGs period if we're using sterotypes like you are.

well JRPG players have a tendency of being socially inept for a whole bunch of other reasons but it was more a joke based around the fact that grand strategy mechanics can seem herculean for those not accustomed to them
Conserative Morality wrote:Someone lacks appreciation for new mediums.

Spoilers, it's me.
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:59 am

Oterro wrote:
Melas wrote:Just for the record mount and blade is just published from Paradx not developed

yeah i know

i wonder if they'll publish the sequel, i hope so!
New Sapienta wrote:Fun

my snobbish attitude is a beautiful young woman you leave her alone
New Sapienta wrote:Anyway, for the comment above, if you're saying all people who play CK 2 are socially inept, well then, the exact same can be said of the JRPG players, or, hell, RPGs period if we're using sterotypes like you are.

well JRPG players have a tendency of being socially inept for a whole bunch of other reasons but it was more a joke based around the fact that grand strategy mechanics can seem herculean for those not accustomed to them
Conserative Morality wrote:Someone lacks appreciation for new mediums.

Spoilers, it's me.

That's part of the charm.
It throws you into a world where you will fail a thousand times before even coming close to succeeding.
It's like dwarf fortress, but with nations.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Mendersalv
Envoy

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mendersalv » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:15 am

DALEKS-"DESROY DESTROY DESTROY"
Proud Furry!!!
Furries Rule!!!

Murgoth
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Murgoth » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Oterro wrote:
Murgoth wrote:Crusader kings 2 was the best game ever and it's published by paradox.

Mount and Blade, without mods, is a mess of grinding and failure.

crusader kings is asperger's the game

if you have to grind in mount and blade you probably just suck at video games

wow... that managed to explain even less then my post. that managed to explain even less than the post I was responding too.
even with your explanation, your Aspergers reference makes even less sense. Is it that you need to be mentally ill to play it? that the game itself is crippled socially in some manner? that the game is mentally ill? and did you actually agree that those that play JRPG's are socially inept? could you explain anything?
also, why would grinding imply that I am bad at Mount and Blade? Even if it does, does that apply to the argument against your general snobbery? Why would my being bad at one game imply my inability to play other games?
so many questions. so few answers.
Merteth Ech, Tikcs murgoth
"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?"
Mark Twain

Oterro
Post Marshal

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Murgoth wrote:wow... that managed to explain even less then my post. that managed to explain even less than the post I was responding too.
even with your explanation, your Aspergers reference makes even less sense. Is it that you need to be mentally ill to play it? that the game itself is crippled socially in some manner? that the game is mentally ill? and did you actually agree that those that play JRPG's are socially inept? could you explain anything?
also, why would grinding imply that I am bad at Mount and Blade? Even if it does, does that apply to the argument against your general snobbery? Why would my being bad at one game imply my inability to play other games?

i don't know if there's much point in responding to you if you haven't grasped the most basic of concepts, hyperbole, but i'll damn well try anyway

beyond the ''points'' you've made in response which stem merely from your own lack of contextual reading skill:
i have no idea why anyone would need to grind in mount and blade unless they were so bad they needed to min/max

and nope that's all i can actually find worthy of any salt
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

Murgoth
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Murgoth » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:31 pm

Oterro wrote:
Murgoth wrote:wow... that managed to explain even less then my post. that managed to explain even less than the post I was responding too.

i don't know if there's much point in responding to you if you haven't grasped the most basic of concepts, hyperbole, but i'll damn well try anyway

beyond the ''points'' you've made in response which stem merely from your own lack of contextual reading skill:
i have no idea why anyone would need to grind in mount and blade unless they were so bad they needed to min/max

okay. good. you answered one of my questions. you beleive that Mount and Blade does not require high levels in game, and should be playable and enjoyable even at early levels. I can respect that. I always enjoyed the game more at higher levels, but can see that the lower levels can be equally fun, and how one could easily play through the game without levelling to much.

however, that does not answer the rest of the questions. if my lack of understanding of the aspergers joke is due to a lack of contextual reading skills, I suppose New Sapienta is equally afflicted. it also does not answer the connection between whatever skill I have in mount and blade, and my skill in video games in general.

still, thanks for answering the question. It is a good counter-argument.
"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?"
Mark Twain

Alcia
Envoy

Founded: May 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alcia » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:28 pm

Vicky 2 + Random Nation Generator mod = insanity
Thank you for clicking and MaGiC PeNgUiN: <(**)!!!

Pronunciation: Al-Sha not Al-See-A
Full Name is the Union of Alcia, Southphalia, New Hibernia, The Poiris Kingdom, The Dominion of The Greater Perse, Sinapan, and Indopore
Alcia: Gameplay Alignment-7.5 / -1.5

Call me Alc in OOC and Wombat. Alc also can turn into RAMBO GOD!!!!!!!

Murgoth
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Murgoth » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:35 pm

Alcia wrote:Vicky 2 + Random Nation Generator mod = insanity

i've never tried the game or the random feature, but it sounds interesting. do the nations created relate to the demographics on the map, or are those placed randomly as well? making a bunch of austria-hungaries would be insane indeed.
Mark Twain

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:47 pm

Murgoth wrote:
Oterro wrote:i don't know if there's much point in responding to you if you haven't grasped the most basic of concepts, hyperbole, but i'll damn well try anyway

okay. good. you answered one of my questions. you beleive that Mount and Blade does not require high levels in game, and should be playable and enjoyable even at early levels. I can respect that. I always enjoyed the game more at higher levels, but can see that the lower levels can be equally fun, and how one could easily play through the game without levelling to much.

however, that does not answer the rest of the questions. if my lack of understanding of the aspergers joke is due to a lack of contextual reading skills, I suppose New Sapienta is equally afflicted. it also does not answer the connection between whatever skill I have in mount and blade, and my skill in video games in general.

still, thanks for answering the question. It is a good counter-argument.

Maybe he thinks that's how people with aspergers view the world.
As a series of stats, charts, and interpersonal relationships can be reduced to a numeric system and Also muslims are evil.
Jeez, I hope thats not what he meant.
Like, playing the game is somehow a simulation of what it would be like to have aspergers
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Melas
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Melas » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:32 am

So,I have ck2 and all dlc 1.6b is anyone in for a MP game? I mean we have lots of people here why dont we organise one?
Last edited by Melas on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bralia wrote:
Melas wrote:no matter what,since tentacles are involved,I have already seen enough hentai to know where this is going

Melas
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Melas » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:05 am

Bralia wrote:

Oceanic Vakiadia
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Oceanic Vakiadia » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:35 pm

Crusader Kings 2 is quite nice, but Europa Universalis 3 is superior.

My comp can't handle Vicky 2 and I haven't gotten into HOI 2 yet.
Playing NationStates since December 29, 2007.

Pribram
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pribram » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:14 am

HoI3 is great but, i hate that if you create a puppet state it will have same ruling party, same head of state, same ministers etc... in fact all things are the same....

Vicky 2 is better in this area!And those flags awesome!
My greatest archievements in Vicky 2 creating Babylon from Egypt to China, uniting all Slavic nations under Russian banner (and on the south under Yugoslavian).
My Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
OCCUPY YOUR CITY!
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

supporter of Sinn Féin
Supporter of the only true ruler of Syria Bashar al-Assad
Anarcho-capitalism is NOT Anarchism!
I am council communist
Notable persons: Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, Rosa Luxemburg, Jan Appel

The Diaoyu Islands are China's inherent territory. , it definetely should not be in the hands of Japan. Put this into your sig if you agree.
Czechoslovak Republic in Iron Curtain RP

Alcia
Envoy

Founded: May 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alcia » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Murgoth wrote:
Alcia wrote:Vicky 2 + Random Nation Generator mod = insanity

i've never tried the game or the random feature, but it sounds interesting. do the nations created relate to the demographics on the map, or are those placed randomly as well? making a bunch of austria-hungaries would be insane indeed.

No. it makes up random cultures, nation names, province names, places different resourses at different places, random flags, random prestige and the other stuff, and regions/region names. So it would make stuff such as "Yarunegrad Union", or "Agritium".
Last edited by Alcia on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you for clicking and MaGiC PeNgUiN: <(**)!!!

Pronunciation: Al-Sha not Al-See-A
Full Name is the Union of Alcia, Southphalia, New Hibernia, The Poiris Kingdom, The Dominion of The Greater Perse, Sinapan, and Indopore
Alcia: Gameplay Alignment-7.5 / -1.5

Call me Alc in OOC and Wombat. Alc also can turn into RAMBO GOD!!!!!!!

Karma Pyjamas
Secretary

Founded: Oct 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Karma Pyjamas » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:11 am

I like basically all of them really. On a CK2 bender at the moment - the Roman Empire will rise again!

Melas
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Melas » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:16 am

Karma Pyjamas wrote:I like basically all of them really. On a CK2 bender at the moment - the Roman Empire will rise again!

Yeah can not wait for LoR
Bralia wrote:

Warshania
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Warshania » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:55 am

I am in love with EU3. Still on the first playthrough with the noob-friendly Castille and like everything about this game. For those who play the unmodded EU3, try MEIOU, it's amazing.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor

Political test results

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:38 pm

Playing arsenal of Democracy again, doing my soviet tactic that i did in AOD and HOI3 before. Spam factories and fortifications along the rivers until 1940 then churn out dozens of CAS units and armour until Barbarossa.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Priory Academy USSR
Senator

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Priory Academy USSR » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:02 pm

Warshania wrote:I am in love with EU3. Still on the first playthrough with the noob-friendly Castille and like everything about this game. For those who play the unmodded EU3, try MEIOU, it's amazing.

Meh. I don't think Castille is particularly noob friendly-I keep on getting invaded by France by around 1500, and lose pretty badly. Well, that was a while ago, now I've got a Russia about the size and scale of the Soviet Union :twisted:
Call me what you will. Some people prefer 'Idiot'
Economic Compass
Left -7.00
Libertarian -2.67

Warshania
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Warshania » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:53 am

Priory Academy USSR wrote:
Warshania wrote:I am in love with EU3. Still on the first playthrough with the noob-friendly Castille and like everything about this game. For those who play the unmodded EU3, try MEIOU, it's amazing.

Meh. I don't think Castille is particularly noob friendly-I keep on getting invaded by France by around 1500, and lose pretty badly. Well, that was a while ago, now I've got a Russia about the size and scale of the Soviet Union :twisted:

In ~1550 France sent me alliance request. I was letting their troops move to my nation and vice versa and had a royal marriage with them as well. But yeah, if the big blue blop decides to declare war on you, you are screwed. Last time I played, France was in war with 396739 nations and still didn't bother calling me for help.

I assume Paradox made France overpowered in purpose, because in RL Europe had to form a large alliance of nations to fight back the ever-growing France.

Castille is probably the easiest nation around there, because you can use Portugal and Navarra to destroy Granada and later Aragon. You also don't have many nations bordering you.
Last edited by Warshania on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor

Political test results

Zumreed
Minister

Founded: May 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zumreed » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:44 am

Started playing as Japan for Victoria II: AHD. I like the Samurai skins the Jap army has at the moment :D
National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP1C9AsARNo

Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.79

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction