NATION

PASSWORD

Novel idea...is the storyline realistic?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Novel idea...is the storyline realistic?

Postby Bluth Corporation » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:50 am

So I've come up with a general subject for my next project; I still haven't worked out all the details, but I was wondering if this was a realistic scenario:

Guy and this chick are very close friends...guy goes out jogging, hears a woman screaming for help along the side of the road and goes to help...the woman is his friend, she's been raped, he takes her to the hospital and calls her family...woman has blocked out memory of the rape itself, but since her friend was the first person she saw after it he's the one she associates with it most strongly to the point where she actually believes he's the one who did it (her family and everyone else know he didn't).
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X

You should really be using Slackware

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Novel idea...is the storyline realistic?

Postby The Romulan Republic » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:52 am

Disturbing, but too little information to declare weather it would be good or not. Could be an interesting psychological drama if well-written, I suppose.

As for realism, I don't know. Read some psychology textbooks and see if this kind of thing happens very often.
Last edited by The Romulan Republic on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - President Abraham Lincoln.

Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluth Corporation » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:22 am

The Romulan Republic wrote:Disturbing, but too little information to declare weather it would be good or not. Could be an interesting psychological drama if well-written, I suppose.

Well, my thought was that it would be more about his attempt to rebuild the relationship than anything else...
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The Romulan Republic » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:26 am

Bluth Corporation wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:Disturbing, but too little information to declare weather it would be good or not. Could be an interesting psychological drama if well-written, I suppose.

Well, my thought was that it would be more about his attempt to rebuild the relationship than anything else...

Again, could be good, could be bad. It sounds like the kind of serious emotional drama that would suck up Oscar nominations if it were a film ;) .

Its an interesting idea, though, and while some people will say that everything's been done before, I haven't heard of something like it before, so it wins points for originality. Plausibility, though, you'll have to ask a psychologist or a lawer or someone who knows about this kind of thing. The most I can say is I don't immediately think "that's impossible/silly."
Last edited by The Romulan Republic on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - President Abraham Lincoln.

Lacadaemon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Lacadaemon » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:16 am

It would be cooler if you found out at the end that he did do it somehow.
The kind of middle-class mentality which actuates both those responsible for strategy and government has little knowledge of the new psychology and organizing ability of the totalitarian States. The forces we are fighting are governed neither by the old strategy nor follow the old tactics.

Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluth Corporation » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:55 am

Lacadaemon wrote:It would be cooler if you found out at the end that he did do it somehow.

No, it wouldn't; it would defeat the whole purpose.

Sirmomo1
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sirmomo1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:28 am

Lacadaemon wrote:It would be cooler if you found out at the end that he did do it somehow.

Post of the week.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:02 am

I don't know. It has potential if written well. Don't make it redundant, and I might be going to Borders to look for it. ;)
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Hassasin91
Political Columnist

Founded: May 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hassasin91 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:27 am

Bluth Corporation wrote:

No, it wouldn't; it would defeat the whole purpose.

not true maybe in his mind he created an illusion that he rescured her but he really was the beast that raped her

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:05 am

Bluth Corporation wrote:So I've come up with a general subject for my next project; I still haven't worked out all the details, but I was wondering if this was a realistic scenario:

Guy and this chick are very close friends...guy goes out jogging, hears a woman screaming for help along the side of the road and goes to help...the woman is his friend, she's been raped, he takes her to the hospital and calls her family...woman has blocked out memory of the rape itself, but since her friend was the first person she saw after it he's the one she associates with it most strongly to the point where she actually believes he's the one who did it (her family and everyone else know he didn't).

isn't rape a very traumatic event? even if she is wrong, the fact that she believes her friend raped her would make rebuilding their relationship difficult...

I would make it another traumatic event... something that leaves her without any memory and he has to start from scratch.
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluth Corporation » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:31 am

JuNii wrote:isn't rape a very traumatic event? even if she is wrong, the fact that she believes her friend raped her would make rebuilding their relationship difficult...

That's the whole point...

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction