NATION

PASSWORD

The Warhammer 40,000 / (Fantasy) discussion thread.

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which faction do you belong to?

Space Marines (Includes Grey Knights and non-Codex Astartes compliant chapters)
18%
Imperial Guard/Inquisition (Daemon Hunters/Sisters of Battle)
27%
Adeptus Mechanicus
5%
Eldar
6%
Dark Eldar
2%
Tyranids
4%
Orks
5%
Necrons
5%
Tau Empire
16%
Chaos (Chaos Legions/Chaos Daemons)
11%

Total votes : 860

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:03 pm

Timurid Empire wrote:Scorched earth policy against the Tyranids? :)

So far that is all that is successful.

Lenehen
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenehen » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
Lenehen wrote:
We're not asking for much, just thicker cardboard and brighter flashlights!

Btw SamuraiKoku, aren't Tau supposed to be kinda Oriental?

Yes, but the Tau are shaped like an Anime mecha robot army, more than Samurai. They rely on range rather than close combat (Notice how the Fire Warriors don't have Katanas, for example).

Yeah I guess so
Call me lenny

Step 1. Buy a sheep
Step 2. Name it 'Relation'
Congratulations! You now have a relationsheep!
Dread Lady Nathanica wrote:

Double head eagle
Proudly spreads its awesome wings
Sure you're not condor?

RIP 1000 Cats

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:05 pm

Lenehen wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:
Yes, but the Tau are shaped like an Anime mecha robot army, more than Samurai. They rely on range rather than close combat (Notice how the Fire Warriors don't have Katanas, for example).

Yeah I guess so

That is why I believe a Marines chapter could represent Samurai better than Tau. After all, it worked with the Black Templars, the Space Wolves, and the White Scars.

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
Lenehen wrote:
Yeah I guess so

That is why I believe a Marines chapter could represent Samurai better than Tau. After all, it worked with the Black Templars, the Space Wolves, and the White Scars.

What about the under-representation of the native Africans in the Imperium? Why isn't there a Chapter devoted solely to hardened, spear-based warfare?

Lenehen
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lenehen » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Neros wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:

What about the under-representation of the native Africans in the Imperium? Why isn't there a Chapter devoted solely to hardened, spear-based warfare?

There was, but in the battle-hardened 40k universe, you can guess what happened to them.
Call me lenny

Step 1. Buy a sheep

Double head eagle
Sure you're not condor?

RIP 1000 Cats

Death Korps of Kreig
Attaché

Founded: Aug 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Korps of Kreig » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:09 pm

There is a Chapter like that. Salamanders, minus the spears.
I have a population of 500 million.
I rp FT, MT, PMT and PFT.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Bah, Squat army= best army

Not that i had the money for a squat forces back when playing Space Marine and Titan Legions so i ended up with a combo marine/titan elgion/tech guard force.

40k wise i started with marines but eventually really loved my chaos force and my IG tanks.

But yeah Squats uber alles! Just you wait, some day GW will realise thier msitake and it'll turn out that the stunties just withdrew deep into their fortress/hold/mine worlds and let the orks and nids fight it out in thier sector. As such they now have to population to make full use of the fact that they can pump out Leviathans and other capitol class vehicles like the forgeworlds pump out rhinos and chimeras and we will all rejoice in having a non marine army whose cheapish basic infantry can out shoot the imp guard and out fight orks in close combat and have hordes of bikes to make up for thier lack of speed! Oh my, it will be glorious!

Yeah right...
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Abruzi
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:11 pm

Death to the False Emperor!

Ave Dominus Nox.

EDIT: Squats are coming back as Fraternal Comrades alongside the mighty Tau Vanguard.
Last edited by Abruzi on Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
02:01 RomanEmpire Because I dont know about you
02:01 RomanEmpire But I want to monger some fucking fish

Forward for the #Sanc!
Nationstates 40,000, In the grim darkness of the far future there is only retcon -Oz
SSO's map of Abruzi: http://i41.tinypic.com/33ope9i.png
SSO For Mod

Katganistan wrote:Sanctuary space
Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Lenehen wrote:
Neros wrote:

There was, but in the battle-hardened 40k universe, you can guess what happened to them.

It was mainly to get him to stop bitching about "japan underpresented boohoo" like a weaboo. Everyone is going to want their race/ancestor/fandom represented in the WH40K canon and Games Workshop can only cater to so much, because when a new "Samurai" Chapter gets released, every other race is going to want upgrades/counters and such.
Last edited by Neros on Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lenehen
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lenehen » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Neros wrote:
Lenehen wrote:

It was mainly to get him to stop bitching about "japan underpresented boohoo" like a weaboo. Everyone is going to want their race/ancestor/fandom represented in the WH40K canon and Games Workshop can only cater to so much, because when a new "Samurai" Chapter gets released, every other race is going to want upgrades/counters and such.

Meh, everyone needs new gizmos anyway- I say let him have what he wants. Look into SamuraiKoku's eyes! How can you say no to those eyes?
Call me lenny

Step 1. Buy a sheep

Double head eagle
Sure you're not condor?

RIP 1000 Cats

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:29 pm

Lenehen wrote:
Neros wrote:

Meh, everyone needs new gizmos anyway- I say let him have what he wants. Look into SamuraiKoku's eyes! How can you say no to those eyes?

I thought the whole joy of 40k is that if you wanted a samurai/zulu/babylonian/kilted haggis beater chapter then you could bloody well make one.
The Kingdom of Crookfur

Indeos
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Neros wrote:
Lenehen wrote:

Wouldn't a Samurai chapter just have Japanese-shaped power weapons? I mean, they can't really have much close to Bushido that doesn't already exist for Space Marines, so it'd basically be flavor, wouldn't it?
Come listen to my mate at http://stressfactor.co.uk/new2007/home.html every Thursday, 5-6pm EST!
Or http://kraftyradio.com/ every Sunday, 6-7pm EST!
Or check out his SoundCloud(Free Music DL): http://soundcloud.com/sergeant-sheep
And for some cool art and electronics' skins(different friend): http://thesk.in/
‎"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Dear Jenrak - Give cancer the banhammer!
Serious Name: The Imperial Fiefdoms of Indeos
NSG: Proud Honorary Son of the Sea Queen Of Connaught
Long Live The Community! Long Live Max!

Death Korps of Kreig
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Korps of Kreig » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Crookfur wrote:
Lenehen wrote:

I thought the whole joy of 40k is that if you wanted a samurai/zulu/babylonian/kilted haggis beater chapter then you could bloody well make one.

Zulu chapter: every man a power-spear and lightning shield equipped assault marine?
Come listen to my mate at http://stressfactor.co.uk/new2007/home.html every Thursday, 5-6pm EST!
Or check out his SoundCloud(Free Music DL): http://soundcloud.com/sergeant-sheep
And for some cool art and electronics' skins(different friend): http://thesk.in/
‎"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Xirius
Envoy

Founded: May 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xirius » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:38 pm

My faction would be Tzeentch. Tau would be a close second.

And space marine codexes work well for playing squads.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:43 pm

Indeos wrote:
Crookfur wrote:

Zulu chapter: every man a power-spear and lightning shield equipped assault marine?

Of course!

Or maybe just iklwa bayonnets on their bolters if you are being boring
The Kingdom of Crookfur

Death Korps of Kreig
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Korps of Kreig » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Well, I have made a Chapter.

Swords of the Damned. (Communist Marines.)

Origins:The Swords of the Damned were made to fight against the Hive fleet Kraken and the 13th Black Crusade, through it was un-known when their Chapter was first founded, it's Gene-seed is of a new-generation yet still suffers from it's Parent Chapter's Gene-seed problems, including the Red Thirst and Black rage, including its own fault, turning their skin a snow-white pale. Each Chapter Brother is known to be extremely loyal to each other, one brother even jumped in the way to save a scout. The Gene-seed fault is only likely to happen in 10% of cases. The main fault's are a Hyper-stimulated Omophagea and a Oolitic Secretions. The Chapter has it's own cult and have a tendency to fight in one on one battle.

Founding Fathers/Figures of Legend:

Chapter Master:Joseph Stalin, who is known through out the Imperium for defeating a Khornate Daemon prince.
Chief Librarian:Joe Meki Coleman, name is know throughout the Ork tribes for defeating a Ork Warboss by himself.
Master of Sanctity:Elixis Mexich
Master of the Forge:Mikhail Augsti, is the only one who knows how to make the Chapter's greatest vehicles. He and the master of the fleet are currently lost in the Warp.
Master of the Fleet:Alexiso Kriag, is the best Fleet Master to grace the chapter, yet is currently lost with Mikhail in the Warp.
Chief Apothecary:Carl Dexo Ravo or Cdr , is still in active duty and is always beside Joseph and Joe.

The homeworld of the Swords is Romilus, a feral and mountainous world with many people, who the Marines rule.

Organisation:

The Chapter does not fallow the Codex and prefers Shock and Awe tactics, mixed in with Terror tactics. The special vehicle of the chapter is the Dawn-Breaker, a tank as large as two predator's and just about as powerful, it is also able to transport several squads, who can man flamers, storm bolters or use their own weapons by poking them out the slits in the tank. The chapter also reveres their Primarch, Sanguinius, along with honouring their ancestors and the Emperor.

Current Status:The Chapter is at normal strength, with 10 companies with 10 squads. They are close allies with the Valhallan Ice Warriors, Voystran First-Born, Schola Progenium, Adeptus Mechanicus, Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Titanicus and Scholastica Psykana.

It's enemies are every enemy race know to the Imperium, yet they fight one race the Imperium knows not. A race of rat-men called Skaven, have all but been eradicated by the Chapter.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Neros wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:

I had seen this in a WH40K dedicated forum.

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Death Korps of Kreig wrote:Well, I have made a Chapter.

Swords of the Damned. (Communist Marines.)

Origins:The Swords of the Damned were made to fight against the Hive fleet Kraken and the 13th Black Crusade, through it was un-known when their Chapter was first founded, it's Gene-seed is of a new-generation yet still suffers from it's Parent Chapter's Gene-seed problems, including the Red Thirst and Black rage, including its own fault, turning their skin a snow-white pale. Each Chapter Brother is known to be extremely loyal to each other, one brother even jumped in the way to save a scout. The Gene-seed fault is only likely to happen in 10% of cases. The main fault's are a Hyper-stimulated Omophagea and a Oolitic Secretions. The Chapter has it's own cult and have a tendency to fight in one on one battle.

Founding Fathers/Figures of Legend:

Chapter Master:Joseph Stalin, who is known through out the Imperium for defeating a Khornate Daemon prince.
Chief Librarian:Joe Meki Coleman, name is know throughout the Ork tribes for defeating a Ork Warboss by himself.
Master of Sanctity:Elixis Mexich
Master of the Forge:Mikhail Augsti, is the only one who knows how to make the Chapter's greatest vehicles. He and the master of the fleet are currently lost in the Warp.
Master of the Fleet:Alexiso Kriag, is the best Fleet Master to grace the chapter, yet is currently lost with Mikhail in the Warp.
Chief Apothecary:Carl Dexo Ravo or Cdr , is still in active duty and is always beside Joseph and Joe.

The homeworld of the Swords is Romilus, a feral and mountainous world with many people, who the Marines rule.

Organisation:

The Chapter does not fallow the Codex and prefers Shock and Awe tactics, mixed in with Terror tactics. The special vehicle of the chapter is the Dawn-Breaker, a tank as large as two predator's and just about as powerful, it is also able to transport several squads, who can man flamers, storm bolters or use their own weapons by poking them out the slits in the tank. The chapter also reveres their Primarch, Sanguinius, along with honouring their ancestors and the Emperor.

Current Status:The Chapter is at normal strength, with 10 companies with 10 squads. They are close allies with the Valhallan Ice Warriors, Voystran First-Born, Schola Progenium, Adeptus Mechanicus, Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Titanicus and Scholastica Psykana.

It's enemies are every enemy race know to the Imperium, yet they fight one race the Imperium knows not. A race of rat-men called Skaven, have all but been eradicated by the Chapter.

1. IIRC Master of the Forge is a Salamander thing and not something a non-Salamanders-founding chapter would have. I could be wrong, though.
2. Special vehicle is heretical, unless I'm missing something.
3. "Made to fight unstoppable Tyranid hive fleets and also a massive amount of Chaos space marines at the same time"?
Last edited by Indeos on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Death Korps of Kreig
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Korps of Kreig » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:21 pm

I used the heresy forum Chapter generator. And that's just a early draft anyway.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kylarnatia » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:23 pm

"For Russ! For the Wolftime!"

Now, I've only been reading the books for a short while, the first book I read being The Battle of the Fang by Chris Wraight (which is what brought me to be a great fan of the Space Wolves). I'm currently reading the Horus Heresy series, and have just ordered Galaxy in Flames. Shit is going down on Istvaan III.

Reading the Warhammer 40k Wiki has ruined parts of the story, and playing the video games, but eh, I'm still enjoying the books.

I have had interesting conversations with Novacom about the Warhammer 40k universe, and he has made me think about taking part in the table-top game, which I've observed in the past. It's a shame, however, he is a fan of the Thousand Sons, and that we must always get into heated discussions about our two legions. Of course, we both beat each other at some points. I think my most favourite so far is when I told him in response to 'At least my Primarch doesn't destroy loyal forces.' (or something along those lines): At least my Primarch can get the job done, whatever it is.

For the God-Emperor!
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:35 pm

I've always had a special place in my heart for the Imperial Guard.

They go up against eldritch abominations, physical gods, planet-eating insect swarms, nazi space elves, undead pharonic cyborgs and giant green killing machines with nothing more than a flak jacket, a flashlight and two pendulous balls.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism

"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:39 pm

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/smpbeta.php

For your Marine schemes. Here's a preview of mine.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kylarnatia » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:41 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:I've always had a special place in my heart for the Imperial Guard.

They go up against eldritch abominations, physical gods, planet-eating insect swarms, nazi space elves, undead pharonic cyborgs and giant green killing machines with nothing more than a flak jacket, a flashlight and two pendulous balls.

Like my friend Ikru said: They may just be a meat shield. But they're the best god damn meat shield.
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:51 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:I've always had a special place in my heart for the Imperial Guard.

Second favorite faction after the Space Marines. If it weren't only for those Commissars. Save for Sebastian Yarrick, Ciaphas Cain, and Ibram Gaunt.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction