NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars Sequel Trilogy--What would you want to see?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Great Yorkshire
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Yorkshire » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:08 am

Admiral

Ackbar

Rapping

Nuff said
The Queen of quips, the Sultan of snickering, the President of puns, the Generalissimo of jollity, the Tsar of zingers, the Guru of guffaws, the Jam Sahib of jokes, the Maharajah of mirth, the Chhatrapati of cheer, the Poligar of punch lines, the Rao Bahadur of revelry, the Baivarapatish of bullshit, the Chief Executive of chuckles, the Managing Director of merriment, the Deputy Financial Officer of damn funny observations, the Satrap of satire, who'll never give you a flat tire, 'cos she's not that dire, she used to have testicles, she still wears spectacles, the Edith Piaf of amateur table tennis (she regrets nothing about her backhand smashes) and the self-declared inventor of the prawn burrito... The one, the only... The chunter hunter... Great Yorkshire.

Azrael
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:32 am

How about... Kyle Katarn on the big screen!
If nothing exists, where did this anger come from?

The Master Assassin Ezio Auditore
Secretary

Founded: Jul 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Master Assassin Ezio Auditore » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:57 am

oooh!!! that'd be AWESOME

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:38 am

I would like to see an episode set either after Return of the Jedi or before the Phantom Menace. Maybe they should make a movie that is in between episodes 3 and 4.

If set after the Return of the Jedi, then I want to see Luke teaching people how to be Jedis and fight what is left of the Empire. From what I read, after the Empire fell, a constitutional monarchy was established, so I would like to see an episode about the Empire trying to regain power.
1 John 1:9

Luw
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Luw » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:59 am

I'd love to see more General Ackbar. lolol :D
Last edited by Luw on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace through order |☆|

The Savanian Islands
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Savanian Islands » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:02 am

IT'S A TRAP!!!!

Episode two.
'We can solve all problems in the world if people would simply do as I advised.'
WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT?! 800 CHARACTERS FOR ME?!?! THERE IS NO LIMT ON MY AWESOMENESS!
You, sir, appear to be a idiot.
I'll accept you when you stop being a freak.

The Master Assassin Ezio Auditore
Secretary

Founded: Jul 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Master Assassin Ezio Auditore » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:42 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Mr Bananagrabber wrote:More Jar Jar. My one problem with the original trilogy was that there wasn't enough Jar Jar Binks.

Oh, definitely.

Let's do a Jar Jar trilogy. Two Jar Jar trilogies. A TRILOGY OF JAR JAR TRILOGIES!

yes, lets!!

Ammar
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:52 pm

I think that George Lucas should make a prequel for Darth Maul,Qui-Gon Jin,and Count Dooku.
☻ / This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world.
Heads up: Ammar is a desert country.
Film Company - National Anthem - Encyclopedia
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy
United Republic of Taiwan

Chopo Rarru
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Chopo Rarru » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:56 pm

I would honestly love to see Shadows of the Empire adapted to film, so long as they stay true to the aesthetics of the original trilogy. They had some really great ideas in both the book and the game, like the mechanical designs for the Virago or Dash Rendar's fight with IG-88 in the Ord Mantell junkyard.
Last edited by Chopo Rarru on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ya gotta bet it all on blue!

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

A movie needs to be made off the KOTOR era, because seriously, the Old Republic era is the only non-utter-shit EU era. While the Thrawn Trilogy of books was pretty awesome, DAMN, does everything after it SUCK. The Vong invasion was terribly executed, the second Galactic War was shit, and the new Sith Empire era was utter shit as well. The Old Republic, as of now, has been executed with utter perfection, and deserves a movie. Kreia was better than any character in the Prequels, save Qui Gon.

I'd also however pay to see a movie where Jar Jar was ripped in half.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:13 pm

A KOTOR-era movie could be good.
I thought that beside the Thrawn stuff, there were bits and pieces that were good in the post-movie EU, though. Rogue/Wraith Squadrons were both epic, for one (or two). The overall idea of Jedi Academy, and the characters that got introduced, was really, really good, even if the books were written pretty badly in terms of narrative.
And I thought parts of the Vong series worked. It really depended on the author.
When the war is over
Got to start again
Try to hold a trace of what it was back then
You and I we sent each other stories
Just a page I'm lost in all its glory
How can I go home and not get blown away

Priori
Envoy

Founded: May 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Priori » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:27 am

Unseen in the prequels, I would like to see some passion.
Self-Appointed Sorcerer Supreme of NSG & F7

Illegitimate Son of Christmahanikwanzikah

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:33 am

Priori wrote:Unseen in the prequels, I would like to see some passion.

Or someone actually swearing. Or some genuinely darker stories. Or any actual acting (aside from Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor. Even Natalie Portman was on total autopilot, not that I blame her).
When the war is over
Got to start again

Oterro
Post Marshal

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:53 am

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
Priori wrote:Unseen in the prequels, I would like to see some passion.

Or someone actually swearing. Or some genuinely darker stories. Or any actual acting (aside from Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor. Even Natalie Portman was on total autopilot, not that I blame her).

i think a very large part of the acting was done infront of a green screen which really doesn't help either
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Oterro wrote:
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:Or someone actually swearing. Or some genuinely darker stories. Or any actual acting (aside from Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor. Even Natalie Portman was on total autopilot, not that I blame her).

i think a very large part of the acting was done infront of a green screen which really doesn't help either

OK GUYS-

There is this MASSIVE horrible GREEN monster that is ABOUT TO EAT YOU! Also, death appears to be imminent!

Wait, why are you laughing? STOP SMILING!

Not to mention the fact they had SAMUEL L JACKSON, and didn't even have him say 'motherfucker', once. The prequels were doomed to fail from that simple fact. Not to mention that Mace Windu should have been kept as a character, because honestly, the use of SLJ was horribly botched.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Daedric Stellar Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Daedric Stellar Empire » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:15 am

I would like to see the first sith wars and the creation of the sith empire
"True justice is quite simply the will of the Emperor."
"No world shall be beyond my rule; no enemy shall be beyond my wrath."

Allied with The Colony of Grimezone
Proud Nation of The North Pacific

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Jabba's Diaries I to III.

About his sexual activities with a certain Princess. On top of a carbonite desk.

Grantchester Meadows
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Grantchester Meadows » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:52 pm

AETEN II wrote:Go back. I'd like movies from the KOTOR area, the best of all EU. It seems that after the classics the EU turns into shit. Besides, the actors are too old (and fat). And Solo without Ford is heresy.

Also, I want two things besides that-

Boba Fett- Fistfull of Credits

And a game on Han Solo. Like you get to play through all the adventures in an action rpg. Also, a Star Wars game that functions like the Elder Scroll games would be awesome as well.

And anyone else eager for 1313?

I agree! Kotor is fuckin' awesome. Has anyone here played SWTOR? Havnt got an appropriate PC to run it on so yeah, ive heard mixed reviews about it.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Grantchester Meadows wrote:
AETEN II wrote:Go back. I'd like movies from the KOTOR area, the best of all EU. It seems that after the classics the EU turns into shit. Besides, the actors are too old (and fat). And Solo without Ford is heresy.

Also, I want two things besides that-

Boba Fett- Fistfull of Credits

And a game on Han Solo. Like you get to play through all the adventures in an action rpg. Also, a Star Wars game that functions like the Elder Scroll games would be awesome as well.

And anyone else eager for 1313?

I agree! Kotor is fuckin' awesome. Has anyone here played SWTOR? Havnt got an appropriate PC to run it on so yeah, ive heard mixed reviews about it.

I played TOR. It's OK, but not worth 15 bucks a month. I unsubscribed, and will resub when it becomes free to play in November.
When the war is over
Got to start again

Felix Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Felix Terra » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:30 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
Grantchester Meadows wrote:

I played TOR. It's OK, but not worth 15 bucks a month. I unsubscribed, and will resub when it becomes free to play in November.

Free to play in November? *starts working on force skills*
why are you looking at a post from 2012 go home you're drunk

East Apikai is my main nation nowadays

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:26 pm

Trollgaard wrote:Grand Admiral Thrawn leading the Imperial Remnant to the edge of victory!

This ^ its really the only good option. Thrawn is the best of the best the EU has to offer.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:33 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:Grand Admiral Thrawn leading the Imperial Remnant to the edge of victory!

This ^ its really the only good option. Thrawn is the best of the best the EU has to offer.

But Cushing is dead :{

Again, a KOTOR movie series. Kreia is the best EU character, hands down.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Azrael
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:34 pm

AETEN II wrote:Again, a KOTOR movie series. Kreia is the best EU character, hands down.

No. To all of that.
If nothing exists, where did this anger come from?

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Azrael wrote:
AETEN II wrote:Again, a KOTOR movie series. Kreia is the best EU character, hands down.

No. To all of that.

I loved KOTOR 2, and I thought Kreia was simply annoying as hell. To be fair, a character like her was needed in that game, but she just came off as the developers putting in a mouthpiece to criticize everything about Star Wars (which may have been deserved, but there was little more to her than that). Her motivations barely made sense, she was freaking annoying to talk to, and she seemed to constantly need to shroud everything in mystery that it didn't need.
Also, she was mean to all the cooler characters, like Atton and Brianna, which annoyed me as well.
And a KOTOR movie series...well, maybe in the era, but not with any of the characters. Maybe HK-47.
When the war is over
Got to start again

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:47 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
Azrael wrote:No. To all of that.

I loved KOTOR 2, and I thought Kreia was simply annoying as hell. To be fair, a character like her was needed in that game, but she just came off as the developers putting in a mouthpiece to criticize everything about Star Wars (which may have been deserved, but there was little more to her than that). Her motivations barely made sense, she was freaking annoying to talk to, and she seemed to constantly need to shroud everything in mystery that it didn't need.
Also, she was mean to all the cooler characters, like Atton and Brianna, which annoyed me as well.
And a KOTOR movie series...well, maybe in the era, but not with any of the characters. Maybe HK-47.

Kreia was great, she was the deepest character and I always engaged her in conversation in an attempt to find out her motive. And Atton annoyed me somewhat because he was the trope of the 'Invincible Smuggler' in virtually every installment of Star Wars. Smuggler? You'll either go down in an epic death or survive everything. The thing about Kreia was that she wasn't flat. You felt slightly disturbed by her and were always watching your back. Hell, when I first played the game I rarely put her in my party out of fear of being backstabbed.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction