NATION

PASSWORD

Movies with bad endings

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Audacious Huxley
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Audacious Huxley » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:22 am

Cosmopoles wrote:
Thesan wrote:Nobody has ever seen 1984?

If it ends how the book ends then its one of the greatest endings ever.

I concur.
Yours Truly and Unequivocally, Audacious Barrington Huxley Rightful Heir to the County of Tyrone and Duchy of Nassau, Muse of the Lumpenproletariat and General Rapscallion, Ankh Mautan Superintendent of Tweed, Chairman of the Figtree Club, a Gentleman and a Radical, Loyal Subject of the Lizard King and Interim Scarlett Pimpernel of the Internet.

And Here: My Official Website.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:39 am

James Cameron's Avatar. Horrendously cliched, deus-ex-machina filled, and profoundly stupid ending.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:56 pm

Wamitoria wrote:James Cameron's Avatar. Horrendously cliched, deus-ex-machina filled, and profoundly stupid ending.

If you stripped Avatar of its special effects, you'd be left with a longer version of Pocahontas, but in space, which is all Avatar really was.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Orcoa
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orcoa » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:36 am

Oterro wrote:
Thesan wrote:.... oh what an idiot! I've misunderstand the title! ...eheh sorry never trust google translator.... "bad" in the sense of "horrible" not "evil"... sorry...

Ah, okay that makes sense!

It's not a happy ending and it doesn't make you feel good, but it's a fitting ending to a sad story.

Don't worry, they will make a Sequel after the fact where they have a Bruce Wills/Duke Nukem character tear big brother down. :lol2:
Long Live The Wolf Emperor!
This is the song I sing to those who screw with me XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXnFhnpEgKY
"this is the Internet: The place where religion goes to die." Crystalcliff Point

Demen 2
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Demen 2 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:45 pm

Anollasia wrote:Have you ever watched a movie where it just ends too quickly or has a stupid ending? Well, you can list them here!
One I saw was a turkish movie. It was called, ''Almanya Aci Vatan'', in english, ''Germany Painful Country''.
It was about a woman who lived in Germany. Her husband cheated on her, she got fired from work, she was leaving from Germany, for a better life. When some man came up and ruined her belongings by slamming them into wall, all her stuff, gone.
Guess how it ends:
The woman sees a flashback of her hard life. Finally, she goes insane and starts laughing like a maniac.

The ending to Requiem For A Dream.

It wasn't necessarily bad, it was just.. Depressing.
'Cause music is bigger than words and wider than pictures

Inggland
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Inggland » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Everyone here's a EX-NATION? wow.
I'm Inggland, I control Inggli, and I'm a loving country.
I'm a kingdom of wonders. I seriously am.

Unidox
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Unidox » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:09 pm

Inggland wrote:Everyone here's a EX-NATION? wow.

We will see how long you last.

As for movie: Identity (2003) one of the the worst hack [Spoiler:its all in his mind] endings.
Same for Secret Window and High Tension.
Caninope wrote:It's NSG. The 20th Circle of LIMBO!

Buffett and Colbert wrote:Always here to ruin the day. 8)

Living Freedom Land wrote:Oh, so now you want gay people to take part in the sacred institution of tax rebates too? You liberals sicken me.

Lacadaemon wrote:I mean, hell, in a properly regulated market, pension stripping schemes like Zynga wouldn't ever have a sniff of an IPO (see Groupon). But it's all wild westy now. Lie down with dogs and so forth.

Awesome Dudes and Dudettes
Attaché

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesome Dudes and Dudettes » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:39 pm

Dont gravedig, this post was from 2012
General Jakerson, President and Founder of The Federation of Awesome Dudes and Dudettes
ANARCHY!!!
life is cool
vox guitars are underapperciated, you should listen to more post-punk, watch more films, make more art, and read more books
“It is fun to be alive. It's a hell of a lot better than being dead.” ― Joe Strummer, "Think globally, act locally."-Paul McCartney, "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." -John Lennon
_[' ]_- [_★_]- i\/\/i - ✿~✿ -⟨*✝*⟩
( -_Q) ( -_- ) ( -_- ) ( -_- ) ( -_- )
Copy and paste this into your signature if you support cool hats

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction