NATION

PASSWORD

Sugarcube Corner: My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Part 2

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Wilgrove
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38605
Founded: May 08, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Rhodmhire wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:Page Turner isn't flamboyant about it. He's...Ameri, he's an anti-social jerk, right?


This is getting too surreal for me.


Let's see if I can give you a run down of the major players.

Soxstan ~ Mayor Star ~ Mayor of Bronyville, elected into office after the previous mayor (Hossaim) left town
Wilgrove ~ Mustang ~ Ex-Military mare (started out as a member of the Equestrian Air Defense until some ugliness happened) is now training to become a police officer.
Quand ~ Hobbs Bolt ~ A simple stallion who is the town's locksmith
Ficksitup (Organi) ~ Detective Linus ~ Worked for the Bronyville Police Department as a detective until he retired, thinking about becoming a PI.
Ameri ~ Page Turner ~ Anti social jerk who runs a bookstore
HaNor ~ HaNor "The Colt" LeBronski ~ A slacker pony who smoke weed and hang out at the bowling alley
Lesser Naboo ~ Forrest Night ~ Park Ranger who doesn't talk

I think that's all the major players in the RP.

User avatar
Sanctus saxa
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 158
Founded: Nov 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctus saxa » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:17 pm

I took a look at the last three pages, then came back to comment, and there were already two more pages. :|
I either need to take a speed reading course or just give up trying to follow the conversations.

Probably the latter.

Well, lets see if I can recall recent topics.
Hey what's with the Flutterhate? Don't get me wrong, she's not my favorite pony, and I don't like her moments of character-breaking, but you can't really hate her. Partly due to adorableness, and partly due to fear of armed mobs of fans.
And Celestia was never cool? She's the MF'ing goddess of the sun, and rules all of Equestria besides. You just can't touch that shit. And while she doesn't appear very often in the show itsself, (intro doesn't count.) she still manages to be cool when she does. I still love her random appearance at the end of Pinkie Keen.

Now to go read the two pages that are sure to have been made while I was typing.
Last edited by Sanctus saxa on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patience, even in this day and age, is still a virtue.

User avatar
Oterro
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16939
Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:17 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:1. She's a perfectly fine idea for a character, no more stupid than the magic Mary-Sue, and the fashion designer.


So remind me exactly what's unbelievable about a character being a fashion designer? lol

And what is stupid about a character whose specialty is, ah, magic, using...magic?

Ameriganastan wrote:2. That's a perfectly common character trait, and nothing wrong with it.


In badly written characters yeah.

Ameriganastan wrote:3. No more boring than Applejack, or Twilight.


Really? Applejack had dreams of the city life before realising how aesthetic and boring things were and returning to her humble life with her sister, brother and aged elder where she attempts to keep her business prosperous by thinking on her feet; eg, the gala.

Twilight is the wizard master and all those movies and books about the chosen one sort of make your argument here silly and redundant.

Ameriganastan wrote:4. The proper term is "Shrinking Violet".[/quoting]

Being British I'm inclined towards words, phrases and terms that are phonetically and cosmetically appealing - so I'll use them.

Nice try at making it look like you had a point though.

Ameriganastan wrote:5. ...I'm not touching that one. It's too stupid to analyze.


''I'm too stupid to analyse it.''

Ameriganastan wrote:8. Just as funny as the others.


Only if you found 'ohmaigod she broke character (again)!' funny.
Last edited by Oterro on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

User avatar
Soxastan
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9808
Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soxastan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Rhodmhire wrote:
This is getting too surreal for me.


Let's see if I can give you a run down of the major players.

Soxstan ~ Mayor Star ~ Mayor of Bronyville, elected into office after the previous mayor (Hossaim) left town
Wilgrove ~ Mustang ~ Ex-Military mare (started out as a member of the Equestrian Air Defense until some ugliness happened) is now training to become a police officer.
Quand ~ Hobbs Bolt ~ A simple stallion who is the town's locksmith
Ficksitup (Organi) ~ Detective Linus ~ Worked for the Bronyville Police Department as a detective until he retired, thinking about becoming a PI.
Ameri ~ Page Turner ~ Anti social jerk who runs a bookstore
HaNor ~ HaNor "The Colt" LeBronski ~ A slacker pony who smoke weed and hang out at the bowling alley
Lesser Naboo ~ Forrest Night ~ Park Ranger who doesn't talk

I think that's all the major players in the RP.

Lesser Naboo ~Zappy ~ Mad Scientist

That is my addendum.

User avatar
Wilgrove
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38605
Founded: May 08, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:19 pm

Soxastan wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:
Let's see if I can give you a run down of the major players.

Soxstan ~ Mayor Star ~ Mayor of Bronyville, elected into office after the previous mayor (Hossaim) left town
Wilgrove ~ Mustang ~ Ex-Military mare (started out as a member of the Equestrian Air Defense until some ugliness happened) is now training to become a police officer.
Quand ~ Hobbs Bolt ~ A simple stallion who is the town's locksmith
Ficksitup (Organi) ~ Detective Linus ~ Worked for the Bronyville Police Department as a detective until he retired, thinking about becoming a PI.
Ameri ~ Page Turner ~ Anti social jerk who runs a bookstore
HaNor ~ HaNor "The Colt" LeBronski ~ A slacker pony who smoke weed and hang out at the bowling alley
Lesser Naboo ~ Forrest Night ~ Park Ranger who doesn't talk

I think that's all the major players in the RP.

Lesser Naboo ~Zappy ~ Mad Scientist

That is my addendum.


There's also Holy Marsh ~ Razor Hoof ~ Member of the "Purple Cloaks" which is apparently the Black-Op branch of the Equestrian Military.

User avatar
Oterro
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16939
Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:20 pm

Wilgrove wrote:Equestrian Military.


:(
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

User avatar
Wilgrove
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38605
Founded: May 08, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Oterro wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:Equestrian Military.


:(


What? You don't expect a country like Equestria to not have a military do you?

User avatar
Soxastan
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9808
Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soxastan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Soxastan wrote:Lesser Naboo ~Zappy ~ Mad Scientist

That is my addendum.


There's also Holy Marsh ~ Razor Hoof ~ Member of the "Purple Cloaks" which is apparently the Black-Op branch of the Equestrian Military.

Yeah, mostly authority characters in the RP.

HEY THREAD! Click on the second link below to join the RP. We need more regular characters. That would be nice if you joined.

User avatar
Oterro
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16939
Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:22 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Oterro wrote:
:(


What? You don't expect a country like Equestria to not have a military do you?


I find the entire concept absolutely hilarious.
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

User avatar
Wilgrove
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38605
Founded: May 08, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:22 pm

Soxastan wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:
There's also Holy Marsh ~ Razor Hoof ~ Member of the "Purple Cloaks" which is apparently the Black-Op branch of the Equestrian Military.

Yeah, mostly authority characters in the RP.

HEY THREAD! Click on the second link below to join the RP. We need more regular characters. That would be nice if you joined.


Agreed, which is why we made a new rule that no more ponies in authority would be accepted into the RP.

User avatar
Wilgrove
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38605
Founded: May 08, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Oterro wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:
What? You don't expect a country like Equestria to not have a military do you?


I find the entire concept absolutely hilarious.


What do you consider the Royal Guards then?

User avatar
Genivaria
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63262
Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Genivaria » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Oterro wrote:
:(


What? You don't expect a country like Equestria to not have a military do you?

Image
General Sherman did nothing wrong, fact.
Liberal Social Democrat.

Proud denouncer of the Taliban.

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 44975
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:26 pm

Oterro wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:1. She's a perfectly fine idea for a character, no more stupid than the magic Mary-Sue, and the fashion designer.


So remind me exactly what's unbelievable about a character being a fashion designer? lol

And what is stupid about a character whose specialty is, ah, magic, using...magic?

Ameriganastan wrote:2. That's a perfectly common character trait, and nothing wrong with it.


In badly written characters yeah.

Ameriganastan wrote:3. No more boring than Applejack, or Twilight.


Really? Applejack had dreams of the city life before realizing how aesthetic and boring things were and returning to her humble life with her sister, brother and aged elder where she attempts to keep her business prosperous by thinking on her feet; eg, the gala.

Twilight is the wizard master and all those movies and books about the chosen one sort of make your argument here silly and redundant.

Ameriganastan wrote:4. The proper term is "Shrinking Violet".[/quoting]

Being British I'm inclined towards words, phrases and terms that are phonetically and cosmetically appealing - so I'll use them.

Nice try at making it look like you had a point though.



''I'm too stupid to analyse it.''



Only if you found 'ohmaigod she broke character (again)!' funny.


1. I didn't say it was unbelievable, smart guy.
2. Like any of the others are pinnacles of writing excellence.
3. Twilight. Magic mary sue, lesson learner. That's basically her whole thing. Applejack "Shucks howdy, I'm a farmer". That's basically what she boils down to.(No offense to their fans)
5. I did have a point. "Shrinking Violet" is a trope.
6. Gee, thanks for insulting me.
7. Like any of the other are comedy masters.
Pinkie: I did something random!
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Oterro
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16939
Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:1. I didn't say it was unbelievable, smart guy.
2. Like any of the others are pinnacles of writing excellence.
3. Twilight. Magic mary sue, lesson learner. That's basically her whole thing. Applejack "Shucks howdy, I'm a farmer". That's basically what she boils down to.(No offense to their fans)
5. I did have a point. "Shrinking Violet" is a trope.
6. Gee, thanks for insulting me.
7. Like any of the other are comedy masters.
Pinkie: I did something random!


>implying you want unbelievable characters, implying mary sues are not bad
>implying the main appeal of the show beyond 'herp (barely resonating) adult jokes' is the good writing and characterisation
>implying i didn't just give you a vastly superior summary of Applejack's character and can be arsed doing it for Twilight for you
>implying that's a point
it's not

>implying they have to be 'comedy masters' to be superior to fluttershy who is cringe worthy

Wilgrove wrote:
Oterro wrote:
I find the entire concept absolutely hilarious.


What do you consider the Royal Guards then?


Shiny ponies in gold armour who stand around and look smug?

Really I think the military might have been used in somewhere seemingly 'dangerous'. You know, like, in the forest? Or, Appleloosa?
Last edited by Oterro on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 44975
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:34 pm

Oterro wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:1. I didn't say it was unbelievable, smart guy.
2. Like any of the others are pinnacles of writing excellence.
3. Twilight. Magic mary sue, lesson learner. That's basically her whole thing. Applejack "Shucks howdy, I'm a farmer". That's basically what she boils down to.(No offense to their fans)
5. I did have a point. "Shrinking Violet" is a trope.
6. Gee, thanks for insulting me.
7. Like any of the other are comedy masters.
Pinkie: I did something random!


>implying you want unbelievable characters, implying mary sues are not bad
>implying the main appeal of the show beyond 'herp (barely resonating) adult jokes' is the good writing and characterisation
>implying i didn't just give you a vastly superior summary of Applejack's character and can be arsed doing it for Twilight for you
>implying that's a point
it's not

>implying they have to be 'comedy masters' to be superior to fluttershy who is cringe worthy


I'm not implying anything. The only thing I'm implying now, is that I'm not gonna waste anymore time arguing with you.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
TableRase
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 409
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TableRase » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:34 pm

I go to bed at 11:00pm and the next day at 3:00 pm there's 11 new unread pages... Anyhow, moving on...

Quandarm wrote:
TableRase wrote:Also, is it just me, or does "Mare do well" sound a lot like "ne'er do well"? Was that intentional?

Correct new-sir. And your name sounds like Tabula Rasa, the theory that individuals are born without built-in mental content and that their knowledge comes from experience and perception.

Is this the case?

It is, kind of. My original nation was called Llocsirdia, but I decided I didn't like how things where working with it and started over; with a "blank slate", if you will. Tabula Rasa is the latin version of my nation's french name. Though I came across the name because in L'internationale it says "Du passé faisons table rase" ( "Of the past let us make a clean slate") and that's where I got the inspiration, though Locke's theory influenced me also, even though I don't completely agree with it.
Last edited by TableRase on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minister of Foreign Affairs and two term (non-consecutive) retired WA delegate of the Communist International League.
Economic Left/Right: -9.60
Social Authoritarian/Libertarian: -8.15

User avatar
Rhodmhire
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17421
Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Suddenly, war.

War everywhere.
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

User avatar
Wilgrove
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38605
Founded: May 08, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Oterro wrote:Shiny ponies in gold armour who stand around and look smug?

Really I think the military might have been used in somewhere seemingly 'dangerous'. You know, like, in the forest? Or, Appleloosa?


Even RL countries that are in peace time (like Canada....I think) still have a standing military. I don't see why Equestria (even though have enjoyed years if not decades of peace and prosperity) wouldn't have a standing military.

User avatar
Soxastan
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9808
Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soxastan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Rhodmhire wrote:Suddenly, war.

War everywhere.

"War, war never changes"

User avatar
Rhodmhire
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17421
Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Soxastan wrote:
Rhodmhire wrote:Suddenly, war.

War everywhere.

"War, war never changes"


"War has changed."

Wow there's been a severe lack of Fleur pics lately.

Heeellooo new obsession.
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

User avatar
Licana
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16119
Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Licana » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Oterro wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:
What? You don't expect a country like Equestria to not have a military do you?


I find the entire concept absolutely hilarious.

> trying to imagine how they would conduct warfare

I would have to agree with that.
Taiwan Number One
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

User avatar
Wilgrove
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38605
Founded: May 08, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Rhodmhire wrote:
Soxastan wrote:"War, war never changes"


"War has changed."

Wow there's been a severe lack of Fleur pics lately.

Heeellooo new obsession.


Masquerade is the new Season 1 Derpy. *nods*

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 44975
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Rhodmhire wrote:
Soxastan wrote:"War, war never changes"


"War has changed."

Wow there's been a severe lack of Fleur pics lately.

Heeellooo new obsession.


...The random background pony was named Masquerade? ...Why?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Wilgrove
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38605
Founded: May 08, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:41 pm

Licana wrote:
Oterro wrote:
I find the entire concept absolutely hilarious.

> trying to imagine how they would conduct warfare

I would have to agree with that.


Watch Over a Barrel to get a glimpse.

User avatar
Rhodmhire
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17421
Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:41 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Rhodmhire wrote:
"War has changed."

Wow there's been a severe lack of Fleur pics lately.

Heeellooo new obsession.


Masquerade is the new Season 1 Derpy. *nods*


She must have masqueraded so well that I didn't notice her until now.

Oh I'm going to have loads of fun with this one, I can already tell.
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider]

Advertisement

Remove ads