NATION

PASSWORD

The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thoughts on the series finale of Korra?

Bad
7%
Mediocre
14%
Good
6%
Great
33%
Excellent
40%

Total votes : 70

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:14 am

Mavorpen wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Toph's daughter is so cool!

Yep! I'm wondering if Toph taught her metalbending and she passed the skill on to others, or if Toph trained other earthbenders directly.

The comics say that she opened a Metalbending school and started training people right after the war ended.

Lord, I'm such an Avatar fanboy >_>
Last edited by Ceannairceach on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Aeyariss
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aeyariss » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:16 am

Damn, I think I need to get a hand on those leaked versions.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:18 am

Ceannairceach wrote:Eh, I took Katara's explanation to be a simplification from an untrained source. Not entirely wrong because Earthbending is the opposite of Airbending, and since Aang is an Airbender through and through she guessed it right, but Tenzin I trust as a person who's probably been training to train the Avatar for years.

True, she was just making a hypothesis based off what she observed. I do like how one's personality can influence the ability at bending a certain element. It seems to influence it more than pure natural skill does.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:18 am

Ceannairceach wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:
Yep! I'm wondering if Toph taught her metalbending and she passed the skill on to others, or if Toph trained other earthbenders directly.

The comics say that she opened a Metalbending school and started training people right after the war ended.

Lord, I'm such an Avatar fanboy >_>

Haha, it's okay it's an amazing show. :lol:
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:22 am

Also, for those that have seen the first two episodes, I submit the new national sport of the universe:

Pro-Bending.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:23 am

Tenzin: You must promise me that your teenage years won't be like this! (talking about how Korra is frustrating him).
Jinora (oldest of Tenzin's daughters): I will make no such promise.

:lol:

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:25 am

Mavorpen wrote:Tenzin: You must promise me that your teenage years won't be like this! (talking about how Korra is frustrating him).

Because I can't for the life of me remember her name off hand, I just refer to her as "Mai 2".

@}-;-'---

Azrael
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:25 am

Never got into TLA. Not gonna see this one any time soon.
If nothing exists, where did this anger come from?

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:27 am

Ceannairceach wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:Tenzin: You must promise me that your teenage years won't be like this! (talking about how Korra is frustrating him).

Because I can't for the life of me remember her name off hand, I just refer to her as "Mai 2".

Eh, I just went to the Wiki.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:27 am

Azrael wrote:Never got into TLA. Not gonna see this one any time soon.

Why not? :blink:

Vitius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vitius » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:30 am

Oh, the first episode was leaked a long time ago. I think I watched it around mid-March or so. I wasn't aware of the second, however. I'll get on that.

But judging from what I saw, I think I'll like the Last Airbender more. Perhaps I'll like Korra (the series, not the character) if they delve more into what happened in the time between the Last Airbender and Korra, as well as the politics of Republic City and what-not.
Bambi Praxis wrote:
4years wrote:Hitler was worse, but I hate stalin more.

Maintain the rage! Spell the bastard's name without a capital letter, that will settle the score!
Proud Reform Jew

Azrael
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:32 am

Mavorpen wrote:
Azrael wrote:Never got into TLA. Not gonna see this one any time soon.

Eh. It never really piqued my interest.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:33 am

Well, just got done watching the second episode. I have a new-found respect for Airbending.
And I wish I was a bender, the Pro-bending games look fun as hell dammit!

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:34 am

Mavorpen wrote:Well, just got done watching the second episode. I have a new-found respect for Airbending.

I give it two months before someone invents a real life version.

@}-;-'---

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:36 am

Azrael wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:

Eh. It never really piqued my interest.

Fair enough I guess. lol

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:38 am

Ceannairceach wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:Well, just got done watching the second episode. I have a new-found respect for Airbending.

I give it two months before someone invents a real life version.

That would be funny to watch actually.

Azrael
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:39 am

Mavorpen wrote:
Azrael wrote:Eh. It never really piqued my interest.

Fair enough I guess. lol

The most TLA I ever watched was through this. lol

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:40 am

Mavorpen wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:I give it two months before someone invents a real life version.

That would be funny to watch actually.

I'd play it. I'd get alot of bruises but it would be fun!

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:42 am

Azrael wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:
Fair enough I guess. lol

The most TLA I ever watched was through this. lol

The fights are amazing. :lol:

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 am

Also, I can honestly say that I don't really like the fighting style used in the Pro-bending games. It's pretty much boxing and it's ruining the whole Asian martial arts style fighting that I know and love. Oh well, I gotta live with it.

New Embossia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Embossia » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 am

Looks amazing...I was so mad when the Last Airbender ended. CANT WAIT :D
Map of the United Republic

DEFCON: 5

Please refer to as The United Republic or New Embossia or the Kingdom of Yagrun.

**New Embossia**

I RP as The United Republic of New Embossia and the Kingdom of Yagrun

I'm a devout Catholic and I support LGBT rights
Hornesia wrote:Homosexuality may be a sin, but Jesus died for your sins. Therefore, feel free to gay it up.

New Embossia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Embossia » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 am

Looks amazing...I was so mad when the Last Airbender ended. CANT WAIT :D
Map of the United Republic

DEFCON: 5

Please refer to as The United Republic or New Embossia or the Kingdom of Yagrun.

**New Embossia**

I RP as The United Republic of New Embossia and the Kingdom of Yagrun

I'm a devout Catholic and I support LGBT rights
Hornesia wrote:Homosexuality may be a sin, but Jesus died for your sins. Therefore, feel free to gay it up.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:59 am

Mavorpen wrote:Also, I can honestly say that I don't really like the fighting style used in the Pro-bending games. It's pretty much boxing and it's ruining the whole Asian martial arts style fighting that I know and love. Oh well, I gotta live with it.

Eh, its probably just to show the difference between Republic City and the rest of the nations. While the Nations still practice traditional bending probably, the City has to adapt to its urban, multicultural atmosphere with new styles of bending.

@}-;-'---

Soxastan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soxastan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:59 am

New Embossia wrote:Looks amazing...I was so mad when the Last Airbender ended. CANT WAIT :D

It's so good that you had to say it twice.

But yes, Korra is going to be even better than ATLA because it has the feel down. ATLA was great, no question but the creators now know exactly how to make Korra.

Also, Tenzin is my favorite character.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:01 am

Ceannairceach wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:Also, I can honestly say that I don't really like the fighting style used in the Pro-bending games. It's pretty much boxing and it's ruining the whole Asian martial arts style fighting that I know and love. Oh well, I gotta live with it.

Eh, its probably just to show the difference between Republic City and the rest of the nations. While the Nations still practice traditional bending probably, the City has to adapt to its urban, multicultural atmosphere with new styles of bending.

Yeah, but I'm still really hoping that Korra sticks to more traditional fighting styles outside of the Pro-bending arena.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction