NATION

PASSWORD

Total War: Rule Britannia, literally.

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favorite Thrones of Britannia Faction?

The Anglo-Saxons
37%
The Welsh Kingdoms
21%
The Gaels
16%
The Great Viking Army
15%
The Viking Sea Kings
11%

Total votes : 75

Great Houses of Xie
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Houses of Xie » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:04 pm

By "pointless," you mean that I slaughtered every army ever that tried to assault one of mine? Sure, they climb them, but they can't shoot, benefit from charge bonuses, etc. A unit of yari ashigaru in spearwall can slaughter multiple units of samurai before succumbing to superior troops, as an example. Also, cover bonuses to shooting, allowing more time for gunners to shoot, yadda yadda. So many bonuses, adding up to a castle being way, way more better than "pointless."

On the flipside, there was original Shogun's only being able to assault through the main gate. That was a true slaughterfest, with singular units holding off entire armies while fire is poured into the enemy from either side, through the loopholes. I rarely assault castles because of the difficulty of succeeding with minimal casualties in S2; it was a fantasy to even dream of assaulting castles in the original.
National Anthem:
Anna ni Isshou Datta no ni

Most Popular Song:
Ikenai Borderline

EDOC Anthem:
Shoujou yo Ugate

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:59 pm

>mod that puts Rome 1 soundtrack into Rome II
>Divinitas.mosaic
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Great Houses of Xie
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Houses of Xie » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:12 pm

Yeah, I remember the days when I could play Total War without booting up my own tracks. Those days are long gone. I have both Meds, Rome 1, and both Shoguns in my battle tracks, heh.
National Anthem:

Most Popular Song:
Ikenai Borderline

EDOC Anthem:
Shoujou yo Ugate

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:24 am

i never figured out steam music because i'd love to have Bolt Thrower play whilst i annihilate my foes. It'd be fitting seeing as how Warhammer is a Bolt Thrower tribute game
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:31 am

So i bought Atilla Total War yesterday, and had a look at what were the faction packs that actually added in a good slice of new stuff, and from what i saw near everyone said the Celtic Faction and Sand Empire(?) packs.

Had a go as the good ole Celts in Ireland and marched on Caledonia with a large army to hit them head on, they had a far larger army, slowly pulled back to the coast.

Lets take this in a more cautious approach
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:33 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:>mod that puts Rome 1 soundtrack into Rome II
>Divinitas.mosaic

It is like the best mod for Rome 2.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Ben Boys
Senator

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:38 pm

Is there any fun way to play Napoleon? I own three other TW titles and Napoleon seems kind of lame, especially with the weird-ass UI.

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:08 am

Chaos is a preorder bonus

Yup, one of the biggest and most iconic factions in the setting... a fucking preorder bonus.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Ardavia
Senator

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardavia » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:07 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Chaos is a preorder bonus

Yup, one of the biggest and most iconic factions in the setting... a fucking preorder bonus.

well, you'll be able to buy it after release too, but you get it for free on launch if you pre-order, if I'm reading the steam page right

but regardless, that's pretty scummy of them tbh, and it quite quells any urge I have to buy this on release
professional contrarian
for: whatever you are against
against: whatever you are for

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:09 am

Ardavia wrote:

well, you'll be able to buy it after release too, but you get it for free on launch if you pre-order, if I'm reading the steam page right

but regardless, that's pretty scummy of them tbh, and it quite quells any urge I have to buy this on release

Same, my interest in buying it just after launch have taken a serious hit.

Ill wait and see what other DLC crap they might pull.

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:54 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Ardavia wrote:

My interest in the game has taken an absolute hit. SEGA has now joined my boycott list.
"You know what I was. You see what I am. Change me, change me!" - Randall Jarrell.

Great Houses of Xie
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Houses of Xie » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:48 pm

Wasnt planning on being chaos, anyway. Totally fine by me
National Anthem:

Most Popular Song:
Ikenai Borderline

EDOC Anthem:
Shoujou yo Ugate

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:08 pm

I don't know what Warhammer is or what a Chaos Legion is but it seems important
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:18 pm

Yeah, nope, I'm out. I can see what's coming. The storm of DLC is on the horizon. Flee while you can.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:18 pm

The storm of DLC Undivided
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:38 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:I don't know what Warhammer is or what a Chaos Legion is but it seems important

It is important, very important.

Chaos is one of the main factions in warhammer, made up of four chaos gods with their own legions of followers and demons. Chaos warriors (the pre-order faction) are the rank and file forces of chaos, made up of their mortal servants with some demon support.

They are one of the most iconic and liked armies in the setting, and pretty much the main bad guys in the setting and have almost conquered the world several times.

The fact that someone this important is a pre-order bonus and a day one dlc is madness. It's like making a new command and conquer red alert game with the Soviets as a pre-order bonus.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:42 am

Because they have made Chaos a pre-order bonus, there is only one response: their sales will decay.

"His enemies shall wither and die. His allies shall wither and die. The universe and all within it shall wither and die. And when the Great Corruption has settled over the land, and permeated the very foundations of reality itself, then shall the Lord of All rise from the rot and ruin, spread his arms wide to reclaim all his dutiful children..."

Redemption-America
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Redemption-America » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:57 am

Ardavia wrote:

It's annoying, but it's a good thing that Steam sales exist. Heh.
1939! The World of Tomorrow! - Soviet Union
A Lost Age - Kingdom of Annui Taur
History of Man - Republic of Cascadia
History of Empires - Empire of Constantinople
"Stalin vs. Ron Paul would be a real challenge for me. I would abstain, of course."
"Well, NSG is all ERMAGERD LIBRALISM!"
"GENDER SCIENCE. Sounds like a degree one of those uber-liberal tiny colleges would award to the future-unemployed."

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:59 am

If one is not going to purchase Total War: Warhammer because of the pre-order shenanigans, then the appropriate action to pursue would be to send an email to SEGA informing them why one will not purchase the game.
"You know what I was. You see what I am. Change me, change me!" - Randall Jarrell.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:34 am

There's gonna be a total war warhammer game?
The fact that someone this important is a pre-order bonus and a day one dlc is madness.

How appropriate.

I don't care about the pre-order, shut up and take my money.

All hail Tzeentch!

And also Slaanesh on the side.

I want a library filled with hookers reading books and snorting drugs, so I better pray hard. Hopefully my face doesn't turn inside out.

Sex, Drugs, and Literature!
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Ardavia
Senator

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardavia » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:43 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:Slaanesh

I doubt there'll be much Slaaneshi of note.

Mortal followers maybe (DoW2 got Noise Marines after all), but I'm fairly sure Daemonettes, Keepers of Secrets, and the other... Warpy shit will not be included.

:P
Last edited by Ardavia on Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
professional contrarian
for: whatever you are against
against: whatever you are for

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:07 am

Ardavia wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:Slaanesh

Mortal followers maybe (DoW2 got Noise Marines after all), but I'm fairly sure Daemonettes, Keepers of Secrets, and the other... Warpy shit will not be included.

But... but... what's the point of it then? :p
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:20 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Ardavia wrote:

But... but... what's the point of it then? :p

Because technically they are part of a separate army, though judging from the trailer there will be some demon/monster support units such as Dragon ogres and chaos trolls.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:50 am

I miss the old days when you had to kill a faction to unlock it.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:55 am

Lunas Legion wrote:I miss the old days when you had to kill a faction to unlock it.

Yeah, that was fun.

Or complete a campaign and then unlock them all at the end of it.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction