NATION

PASSWORD

Which anime are you watching or watched recently?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:14 am

Kaizerxisiv wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
I love that series. It's such a WTF, especially the first season. Because you are never sure what's happening. The second season, the plot thickens, and the OVA was just hilarious.

I couldn't take it seriously. Same problem I'm having with Baka no Test.

I spend the entire episode doing this: :shock: and sometimes I :lol2: but then that Hideyoshi character weirds me out in a good way, cuz I'm all about the Traps.

Higurashi did that to me on the first season, minus the :lol2:.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Kaizerxisiv
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaizerxisiv » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:33 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Kaizerxisiv wrote:
I couldn't take it seriously. Same problem I'm having with Baka no Test.

I spend the entire episode doing this: :shock: and sometimes I :lol2: but then that Hideyoshi character weirds me out in a good way, cuz I'm all about the Traps.

Well, with Higurashi I was too busy :rofl: or :eyebrow:
Milks Empire wrote:A thread late last year. Someone said same-sex behavior/attractions don't happen outside of humans. Bonobos debunk that crock of shit rather quickly.

1 2 3 4a 4b [5a] 5b 6

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:35 am

Kaizerxisiv wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

There were a few episodes of the game arcs that left me more :eek: than anything. But tbh, I thought it was a good anime. I was bit disappointed with Umineko, but that was way better than watching Hetalia. IMO, that is. :D
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Drekka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Drekka » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:41 am

I've been watching the AppleSeed movies. Duenan <3

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:47 am

Drekka wrote:I've been watching the AppleSeed movies. Duenan <3

My step-dad is a fan.
Slava Ukraini

Kaizerxisiv
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaizerxisiv » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:50 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Kaizerxisiv wrote:

There were a few episodes of the game arcs that left me more :eek: than anything. But tbh, I thought it was a good anime. I was bit disappointed with Umineko, but that was way better than watching Hetalia. IMO, that is. :D

I see what you did there. <.< Cheap shottin' bastard! Weeelllll. Anything is better than Gurren Lagann. :lol2:
Milks Empire wrote:A thread late last year. Someone said same-sex behavior/attractions don't happen outside of humans. Bonobos debunk that crock of shit rather quickly.

1 2 3 4a 4b [5a] 5b 6

Drekka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Drekka » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:51 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Drekka wrote:I've been watching the AppleSeed movies. Duenan <3

My step-dad is a fan.

Lucky you

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:51 am

Litho wrote:Gintama! :)

I stalled that show, forever ago. I really need to get back on it.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:52 am

Kaizerxisiv wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I see what you did there. <.< Cheap shottin' bastard! Weeelllll. Anything is better than Gurren Lagann. :lol2:

Nah, I wasn't taking a shot at you. I really do not see any merits in Hetalia, although I do agree that it seems cute and that there are a lot of people that like the anime.

:)
Slava Ukraini

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:55 am

I could never get into Hetalia. That 5 minute episode length was the main reason. The infamous "Boys Love" reputation, was the other.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:56 am

Ameriganastan wrote:I could never get into Hetalia. That 5 minute episode length was the main reason. The infamous "Boys Love" reputation, was the other.

I thought it was too... loud and some of the characters were a tad obnoxious.
Slava Ukraini

Floreria
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Floreria » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:01 am

The most recent thing I've seen?...
Maybe Nichijou. I'm a pretty huge Mushishi fan, but I enjoy a lot of shows. I tend not to watch shows that have tons of episodes. That means shows that extend above 100. Higurashi is awesome. I also really enjoy Casshern Sins. I like those kinds of things.
Economic Left/Right: -9.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.90

My nation's technological information
I have no powers. I mean, unless you count the power to blow minds with my weapons-grade philosophical insights. I'm a thought-o-coster, I'm a conundrummer in a band called Lifepuzzler.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:02 am

Floreria wrote:The most recent thing I've seen?...
Maybe Nichijou. I'm a pretty huge Mushishi fan, but I enjoy a lot of shows. I tend not to watch shows that have tons of episodes. That means shows that extend above 100. Higurashi is awesome. I also really enjoy Casshern Sins. I like those kinds of things.

Casshern Sins was fantastic.
Slava Ukraini

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:03 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Floreria wrote:The most recent thing I've seen?...

My little brother watched it, and he said it was pretty good.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:03 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

My little brother watched it, and he said it was pretty good.

It was. If you ever get curious, I thoroughly recommend it.
Slava Ukraini

Kaizerxisiv
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaizerxisiv » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:10 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I could never get into Hetalia. That 5 minute episode length was the main reason. The infamous "Boys Love" reputation, was the other.

Oh yeah, they played up every stereotype imaginable for that show. The whole 'aru' thing for the Chinese, the inability to be straight-forward for the Japanese, the stuffiness for the British, Hedonism for the French, Vodka for Russians, and the immense crushing stupidity of United States. For whatever reason, Poland and Lithuania turned out cute, though that reasoning eludes me.
Last edited by Kaizerxisiv on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

1 2 3 4a 4b [5a] 5b 6

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:12 am

Kaizerxisiv wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Oh yeah, they played up every stereotype imaginable for that show. The whole 'aru' thing for the Chinese, the inability to be straight-forward for the Japanese, the stuffiness for the British, Hedonism for the French, Vodka for Russians, and the immense crushing stupidity of United States. For whatever reason, Poland and Lithuania turned out cute, though that reasoning eludes me.

The chibis are cute. Maybe because both Poland and Lithuania look rather alike, except with different hair colors.
Slava Ukraini

Kaizerxisiv
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaizerxisiv » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:20 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Kaizerxisiv wrote:

The chibis are cute. Maybe because both Poland and Lithuania look rather alike, except with different hair colors.

Well, I get that, but I meant, more... well, Poland and Lithuania (as countries) aren't exactly known for their attractive landscapes, people, or anything that would make sense in the context of cute characters. Poland is known to the world as 'that place Germany keeps invading' or, as my mom put it 'The one with the ironic capital name (Warsaw)' see; 'that place Germany keeps invading'. Lithuania...well, Lithuania is a complete fuckin' mystery to some people. One guy back in high school thought it was in Africa.

1 2 3 4a 4b [5a] 5b 6

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:22 am

Kaizerxisiv wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Well, I get that, but I meant, more... well, Poland and Lithuania (as countries) aren't exactly known for their attractive landscapes, people, or anything that would make sense in the context of cute characters. Poland is known to the world as 'that place Germany keeps invading' or, as my mom put it 'The one with the ironic capital name (Warsaw)' see; 'that place Germany keeps invading'. Lithuania...well, Lithuania is a complete fuckin' mystery to some people. One guy back in high school thought it was in Africa.

Maybe the creators of the anime just wanted to vindicate these countries, somehow... Not sure. Hetalia never struck me as making sense. Maybe that's why those 2 countries came out cute. *shrug*
Slava Ukraini

Kaizerxisiv
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaizerxisiv » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:25 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Kaizerxisiv wrote:

Maybe the creators of the anime just wanted to vindicate these countries, somehow... Not sure. Hetalia never struck me as making sense. Maybe that's why those 2 countries came out cute. *shrug*

*Snaps fingers* I got it. The creator wanted people to learn geography and inspire the kids to learn some world history. And found a way to do it. :o

Edit: I need to stop swearing so much. X.x
Last edited by Kaizerxisiv on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

1 2 3 4a 4b [5a] 5b 6

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:26 am

Kaizerxisiv wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

*Snaps fingers* I got it. The creator wanted motherfuckers to learn geography and inspire the little bastards to learn some world history. And found a way to do it. :o

Maybe that was it. *nod*

I just hope the kids who watched that anime don't think that the countries represented there are actually people. You know... :unsure:
Last edited by Nanatsu no Tsuki on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini

Kaizerxisiv
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaizerxisiv » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:29 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Kaizerxisiv wrote:
*Snaps fingers* I got it. The creator wanted motherfuckers to learn geography and inspire the little bastards to learn some world history. And found a way to do it. :o

Maybe that was it. *nod*

I just hope the kids who watched that anime don't think that the countries represented there are actually people. You know... :unsure:

Oh I imagine it's happened somewhere at some point. Like my joke from before when my history teacher didn't know whether I was kidding or mentally handicapped.

On an unrelated note. Baka No Test is going to give me cancer unless this starts making sense. :?

1 2 3 4a 4b [5a] 5b 6

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:30 am

Kaizerxisiv wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Maybe that was it. *nod*

Oh I imagine it's happened somewhere at some point. Like my joke from before when my history teacher didn't know whether I was kidding or mentally handicapped.

On an unrelated note. Baka No Test is going to give me cancer unless this starts making sense. :?

Is it that confusing?
Slava Ukraini

Kaizerxisiv
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaizerxisiv » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:35 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Kaizerxisiv wrote:

Is it that confusing?

Kinda. It's kinda like... uh. Well, the school is divided into a caste system, where the smart students get the best stuff and dumb-asses like the main character end up in what surmounts to be a rat's nest. But, based on their test scores, they can declare war on other classes (A through F) and 'battle' them with little beings that represent their intelligence. :eyebrow: Further, when they win the battle, they trade class rooms and utilities, and I have no idea WHY this is supposed to make sense to anyone.

1 2 3 4a 4b [5a] 5b 6

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:36 am

Kaizerxisiv wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Is it that confusing?

Kinda. It's kinda like... uh. Well, the school is divided into a caste system, where the smart students get the best stuff and dumb-asses like the main character end up in what surmounts to be a rat's nest. But, based on their test scores, they can declare war on other classes (A through F) and 'battle' them with little beings that represent their intelligence. :eyebrow: Further, when they win the battle, they trade class rooms and utilities, and I have no idea WHY this is supposed to make sense to anyone.

I guess the title of it now makes sense, "Idiot's test''. :p

Now I'm curious. I think I'll watch that.
Slava Ukraini

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction