NATION

PASSWORD

Transformers Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you excited for the Bumblebee movie?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes : 48

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Chinese Regions wrote:Is transformers 4 real?

God, I hope not. what story could they use?

Megatron's dead... so the rise of Galvatron?
Unicron - The Planet eater?

no, the only thing I can think of for a fourth movie would be a reboot... and I'm getting sick of those.
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:19 am

JuNii wrote:

no, the only thing I can think of for a fourth movie would be a reboot... and I'm getting sick of those.

I guess you wont like the Spiderman reboot
Fan of Transformers?|Fan of Star Trek?|你会说中文吗?
Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals
Economics: Indifferent

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:27 am

My opinion on Transformers (The Bay movies (Never saw anything else))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHLgeNqjrYw

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:41 pm

The BranRiech wrote:My opinion on Transformers (The Bay movies (Never saw anything else))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHLgeNqjrYw

I really wish James Cameron directed it.
Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals

Strykla
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Strykla » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:51 pm

I'm going to get my throat cut out for saying this, but I like the new movies more than the cartoons. Laboeuf's okay-acting aside, I just never liked cartoons and I really like CGI - Not animated - Robots beating the shit out of each other. I don't go to Transformers for Christopher Nolan storytelling, I go because it's childish humor that we all slip into once in a while.
Lord Justice Clerk of the Classical Royalist Party, NSG Senate. Hail, Companion!

Ack barnes
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ack barnes » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:58 pm

who is getting Transformers Fall Of Cybetron?
Last edited by Ack barnes on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ack Barnes National Facts:
1.Ack Barnes is a railroad powerhouse
2.The largest city in the country is Jacksonville which has a population of 44,000,000
3.Sports play a large role in the nation's culture
4.Ack Barnes contains 9 states
5.80% major soda and fast food companies have HQ's in Ack Barnes

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Ack barnes wrote:who is getting Transformers Fall Of Cybetron?

Yeah that's coming out soon, I played war for cybertron and it is the only good game since the ps1 game (movie games sucked)

Ack barnes
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ack barnes » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Chinese Regions wrote:
Ack barnes wrote:who is getting Transformers Fall Of Cybetron?

Yeah that's coming out soon, I played war for cybertron and it is the only good game since the ps1 game (movie games sucked)

WFC was good.The charcter creator kind of sucked.On fall of cybetron they have deeper customization.
Ack Barnes National Facts:
1.Ack Barnes is a railroad powerhouse
2.The largest city in the country is Jacksonville which has a population of 44,000,000
3.Sports play a large role in the nation's culture
4.Ack Barnes contains 9 states
5.80% major soda and fast food companies have HQ's in Ack Barnes

Communist Cyrodiil
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Cyrodiil » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:35 am

I love Transformers. I'm more into the toys than the movies although I watch the 80's Transformers cartoon a lot. My Transformer buying has died down a little but I still pick up some of the older figures when I see them.

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:34 pm

Communist Cyrodiil wrote:I love Transformers. I'm more into the toys than the movies although I watch the 80's Transformers cartoon a lot. My Transformer buying has died down a little but I still pick up some of the older figures when I see them.

What's your favourite figure?

Orcoa
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orcoa » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:32 pm

I've always said that Transformers helped me get into more serious science fiction thanks to G1 and Beast Wars, so I really love Transformers a lot....in fact I wish I kept most of my old figures :lol:
Long Live The Wolf Emperor!
This is the song I sing to those who screw with me XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXnFhnpEgKY
"this is the Internet: The place where religion goes to die." Crystalcliff Point

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Sat May 19, 2012 3:40 pm

Back in G1, Transformers weren't about beings created by the giant robot gods Primus and Unicron but machines that turned against their masters. In G1 the Transformers were machines that saw they were slaves to the Quintessons when they recieved emotions. Even Unicron was just a machine built by an alien scientist that went all Frankenstein's monster on his creator, not a god like to day.

CORN
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 09, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby CORN » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:44 pm

G1 :D
Generation 34 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
"If you wish to become something in this world, promise everything, deliver nothing."-Napoleon Bonaparte
"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions, but by iron and blood"-Otto von Bismarck
"When we hang the capitalists, they will sell us the rope we use"-Joseph Stalin

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Chinese Regions wrote:
JuNii wrote:God, I hope not. what story could they use?

I guess you wont like the Spiderman reboot

i didn't... sounds like they're gearing up for the clone storyline... or the "sorry son, we tweeked your DNA so that when you do get bitten, you'll get powers instead of dying" shit...

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:58 pm

Strykla wrote:I'm going to get my throat cut out for saying this, but I like the new movies more than the cartoons. Laboeuf's okay-acting aside, I just never liked cartoons and I really like CGI - Not animated - Robots beating the shit out of each other. I don't go to Transformers for Christopher Nolan storytelling, I go because it's childish humor that we all slip into once in a while.

And I like my transformers to be about the transformers... not supposidly advanced robotic lifeforms that need help from puny carbon flesh meatbags to beat their enemies...

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:48 pm

I just realised that Megatron actually won the fight against Optimus during the fight in the movie. Though it was mostly due to Hot Rod's intervention.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:45 pm

JuNii wrote:

Hey, if somebody takes a shit in the camera, somebody else is going to have to clean it up, eventually.

If only Americans would stop paying to watch explosions.

If I want to actually be entertained watching something explode, I'll go to Syria with some popcorn and an armored van.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:43 pm

JuNii wrote:

I would actually prefer a reboot, closer tied in with G1 and more emphasis on the titular characters not humans.
Transformers 4 has been confirmed by Bay, luckily Shia isn't in it.

Orcoa
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orcoa » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:46 pm

This might seem like whoring a thread out....but I'm having a Transformers RP and anyone who wants to join can look at the thread :p

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=199853
Long Live The Wolf Emperor!
This is the song I sing to those who screw with me XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXnFhnpEgKY
"this is the Internet: The place where religion goes to die." Crystalcliff Point

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Today is 28 years since the cartoon premièred, I think the toys came out first, anyway, happy birthday Transformers!

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:49 am

Transformers 4 luckily has no Shia, they are changing the female character, Carly again. Hugo aka Megatron/Agent Smith is not in it.
Rumor has it that the new female lead in Transformers 4 will be "a high school senior", with the male lead being "her boyfriend, a Texas racing driver". Make of that what you will. I really wish for a reboot right now.

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:50 pm

Chinese Regions wrote:Transformers 4 luckily has no Shia, they are changing the female character, Carly again. Hugo aka Megatron/Agent Smith is not in it.
Rumor has it that the new female lead in Transformers 4 will be "a high school senior", with the male lead being "her boyfriend, a Texas racing driver". Make of that what you will. I really wish for a reboot right now.

Transformers: NASCAR

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:57 pm

JuNii wrote:
Chinese Regions wrote:Transformers 4 luckily has no Shia, they are changing the female character, Carly again. Hugo aka Megatron/Agent Smith is not in it.

Hell, I'm afraid that might actually work. After having been at war for uncountable years, the Autobots and Decepticons decide to settle their conflicts on the racing track. Just add explosions and you've got yourself a movie.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
JuNii wrote:

Hell, I'm afraid that might actually work. After having been at war for uncountable years, the Autobots and Decepticons decide to settle their conflicts on the racing track. Just add explosions and you've got yourself a movie.

Transformers Cybertron (Galaxy Force) had 1/4 of of its episodes solely based on Hot Shot trying to win a race with Override on the speed planet. And that had some significance, the trophy was a cyber planet key. What benefit could racing on Earth do?
It could be illegal street racing and the evil police car barricade gets rebuilt and gets some buddies.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:20 pm

Chinese Regions wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Hell, I'm afraid that might actually work. After having been at war for uncountable years, the Autobots and Decepticons decide to settle their conflicts on the racing track. Just add explosions and you've got yourself a movie.

Transformers Cybertron (Galaxy Force) had 1/4 of of its episodes solely based on Hot Shot trying to win a race with Override on the speed planet. And that had some significance, the trophy was a cyber planet key. What benefit could racing on Earth do?
It could be illegal street racing and the evil police car barricade gets rebuilt and gets some buddies.

Transformers IV: Need 4 Speed
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction