NATION

PASSWORD

Transformers Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you excited for the Bumblebee movie?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes : 48

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:10 am

I admittedly don't care about these figures at all, but Super7 announced put up preorders of redecos of their Soundwave, Jazz, Megatron, and Perceptor ReAction figures (you know those figures that started out cool because they released the long-unreleased action figures for the planned Alien toyline from the late 1970s but now they're just like 'WHAT IF THE DECADES OF EVOLUTION IN TOY DESIGN AND ARTICULATION NEVER HAPPENED AND ALL ACTION FIGURES WERE 5 POA FIGURES LIKE IN THE 70s-80s') and it's like, OK, their Soundwave and Jazz redecos are who you'd expect them to be (Soundblaster and Stepper, who they're actually calling Stepper instead of Ricochet) but the Megatron and Perceptor redecos are based on the Microchange toys.

OK, OK, that's all fine, but they're literally identifying these redecos AS the Microchange characters.

Like they are legitimately identifying Megatron as MC-12 Gun Robo P-38 and Perceptor as MC-20 Microscope on the packaging.

But what really gets me is that both of these decos have been used in Transformers before! Sure, the Megatron deco (the black MC version) was only ever released as 'Megatron Black Version' but they had a whole separate character (Magnificus) for Perceptor's Microchange deco? Why not release this redeco as Magnificus instead of fuckin' MC-20 Microscope?

And you can't even go 'Oh, well these figures are aimed more at casuals than hardcore fans, they're really not gonna know who Magnificus is.' because aren't gonna recognize these decos anyway nor are any casuals gonna know who the fuck Stepper is, but they're still releasing him. (I'd also say casuals won't know who Soundblaster is either, but them being in the Siege cartoon means casuals now have some familiarity with the character)
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:57 pm

The scalping in general is getting out of hand as of late. Not only did Earthrise have an oddly large number of exclusives, but they almost all end up scalped to hell. Prowl and Ironhide, Ramjet and Dirge, the Centurion drone, Runabout, Thrust, Skywarp and Thundercracker; they’re all being eaten up and sold for well above their mrsps.

It’s mildly infuriating that Hasbro seems to be increasing the number of these exclusives each line and not doing anything to prevent this. Why are the preorders so damn limited? Why is it always difficult to reliably find these exclusives? You’d think online shopping would solve that, but no.

Gandoor wrote:I admittedly don't care about these figures at all, but Super7 announced put up preorders of redecos of their Soundwave, Jazz, Megatron, and Perceptor ReAction figures (you know those figures that started out cool because they released the long-unreleased action figures for the planned Alien toyline from the late 1970s but now they're just like 'WHAT IF THE DECADES OF EVOLUTION IN TOY DESIGN AND ARTICULATION NEVER HAPPENED AND ALL ACTION FIGURES WERE 5 POA FIGURES LIKE IN THE 70s-80s') and it's like, OK, their Soundwave and Jazz redecos are who you'd expect them to be (Soundblaster and Stepper, who they're actually calling Stepper instead of Ricochet) but the Megatron and Perceptor redecos are based on the Microchange toys.

OK, OK, that's all fine, but they're literally identifying these redecos AS the Microchange characters.

Like they are legitimately identifying Megatron as MC-12 Gun Robo P-38 and Perceptor as MC-20 Microscope on the packaging.

But what really gets me is that both of these decos have been used in Transformers before! Sure, the Megatron deco (the black MC version) was only ever released as 'Megatron Black Version' but they had a whole separate character (Magnificus) for Perceptor's Microchange deco? Why not release this redeco as Magnificus instead of fuckin' MC-20 Microscope?

And you can't even go 'Oh, well these figures are aimed more at casuals than hardcore fans, they're really not gonna know who Magnificus is.' because aren't gonna recognize these decos anyway nor are any casuals gonna know who the fuck Stepper is, but they're still releasing him. (I'd also say casuals won't know who Soundblaster is either, but them being in the Siege cartoon means casuals now have some familiarity with the character)

Someone must be buying these if they’re continuing.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:27 pm

Just found out Cyberverse is getting two TV movies (I’m assuming they’ll also go up on YouTube like the episodes) to continue the story and hopefully give it a real ending.

Faith in franchise restored.

Well, that’s a little dramatic. I’m still excited for the Netflix Earthrise season.
Last edited by The first Galactic Republic on Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:33 am

The first Galactic Republic wrote:The scalping in general is getting out of hand as of late. Not only did Earthrise have an oddly large number of exclusives, but they almost all end up scalped to hell. Prowl and Ironhide, Ramjet and Dirge, the Centurion drone, Runabout, Thrust, Skywarp and Thundercracker; they’re all being eaten up and sold for well above their mrsps.

It’s mildly infuriating that Hasbro seems to be increasing the number of these exclusives each line and not doing anything to prevent this. Why are the preorders so damn limited? Why is it always difficult to reliably find these exclusives? You’d think online shopping would solve that, but no.

Scalping has become a big issue with most things getting released, not just figures. So much stuff has shifted to online and scalpers just use bots to just grab stock so they can resell it at 3x-4x the cost. It's especially bad with Target and Walmart exclusives, because neither store does anything really to hinder bots-ordering. Nor will they, they basically don't give a rats ass. Since they got their money.
Such heroic nonsense!

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:54 am

Tekania wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:The scalping in general is getting out of hand as of late. Not only did Earthrise have an oddly large number of exclusives, but they almost all end up scalped to hell. Prowl and Ironhide, Ramjet and Dirge, the Centurion drone, Runabout, Thrust, Skywarp and Thundercracker; they’re all being eaten up and sold for well above their mrsps.

Scalping has become a big issue with most things getting released, not just figures. So much stuff has shifted to online and scalpers just use bots to just grab stock so they can resell it at 3x-4x the cost. It's especially bad with Target and Walmart exclusives, because neither store does anything really to hinder bots-ordering. Nor will they, they basically don't give a rats ass. Since they got their money.

I feel like Earthrise is more frustrating in this regard because the number of exclusives is higher than normal. They did it to pretty in demand characters too. You want Skywarp and Thundercracker? Prowl and Ironhide? A Runabout to go with your Runamuck? Better hope our chosen business partners have them available.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:48 pm

Just finished playing through Battlegrounds. It wasn’t bad. A pretty well done strategy game.

Anyone else pick that up?
Last edited by The first Galactic Republic on Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:35 pm

So anyone get any Transformers for Christmas this year?

I didn't (I just get money for Christmas nowadays) but I'm planning on going to Walmart sometime this week because of reports that they're discounting Earthrise stuff. Heard reports that they're discounting deluxes to $10, voyagers to $17, and leaders to $25.

Of course, I don't think I've seen my Walmart stock leaders since POTP so I don't think my chances of finding like a $25 Doubledealer (who I really want to use as Clouder cuz I'm a Masterforce fan) are that high but hey, you never know. Maybe they actually stocked stuff for Christmas and now they're discounting it since Christmas is done.
OOC - Call me Viola
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:21 am

Gandoor wrote:So anyone get any Transformers for Christmas this year?

I didn't (I just get money for Christmas nowadays) but I'm planning on going to Walmart sometime this week because of reports that they're discounting Earthrise stuff. Heard reports that they're discounting deluxes to $10, voyagers to $17, and leaders to $25.

Of course, I don't think I've seen my Walmart stock leaders since POTP so I don't think my chances of finding like a $25 Doubledealer (who I really want to use as Clouder cuz I'm a Masterforce fan) are that high but hey, you never know. Maybe they actually stocked stuff for Christmas and now they're discounting it since Christmas is done.

Random update on this: I did go to Walmart a little after Christmas and they just had their normal priced stock, but I picked up a Netflix Soundwave anyways.

But then yesterday I went again and the entire Transformers section was cleaned out, not even a single straggler was there. And then I found a random ER Hoist someone left on a pallet, which wasn't really a figure I was looking for, but I grabbed him and price checked him on my phone. Figuring that if he was full price, I'd put him where the Transformers usually go so someone else could have him.

Nah, he was $10, so I bought him. And honestly for ten bucks? Can't fuckin complain. I hate the damn panels behind the arms that they had to do because muh geewun accuracy but like a nearly Voyager-sized Deluxe for that price? Come on, he's really fun.
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:08 pm

Gandoor wrote:
Gandoor wrote:So anyone get any Transformers for Christmas this year?

Random update on this: I did go to Walmart a little after Christmas and they just had their normal priced stock, but I picked up a Netflix Soundwave anyways.

But then yesterday I went again and the entire Transformers section was cleaned out, not even a single straggler was there. And then I found a random ER Hoist someone left on a pallet, which wasn't really a figure I was looking for, but I grabbed him and price checked him on my phone. Figuring that if he was full price, I'd put him where the Transformers usually go so someone else could have him.

Nah, he was $10, so I bought him. And honestly for ten bucks? Can't fuckin complain. I hate the damn panels behind the arms that they had to do because muh geewun accuracy but like a nearly Voyager-sized Deluxe for that price? Come on, he's really fun.

He's a good figure. His transformation scheme is a little fiddly, but the alt mode's worth it. The one thing that worries me about him is all the clear plastic on his torso.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:15 pm

Found Netflix Bumblebee at Walmart today, was looking for him so I picked him up. His robot mode is great but his alt mode is literally *chef's kiss*.

Too lazy to resize the pic so here's the direct link: https://u.cubeupload.com/AikoHeiwa/IMG2 ... 909518.jpg

It really is a mini Masterpiece.
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:44 pm

So I know this thread is basically dead but uhh

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transf ... lack-zarak

GENERATIONS SELECTS BLACKZARAK

I am deffo getting this one.
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:08 pm

The Autobot Ark is going to be a transforming character now.

I’m not proud, but I want it.

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:01 am

Found some of those Retro Headmasters at Walmart the other day, picked up Highbrow (since I didn't get that mold during TR) and Weirdwolf (to replace my TR one that I broke the Headmaster on).

I actually love all the attention to detail done with the packaging/presentation of these things. Like obviously I knew that these come in boxes styled after the original G1 toy boxes, but with the character art on the front altered to have the Headmasters anime-accurate heads, but even the artwork on the back of the box has the head designs altered to match the Headmasters designs, the stock photo of the toy is posed to make it seem like these are G1 toys with limited articulation, they tell you to 'Clip & Save' the tech specs, even the goddamn instructions (while not having text descriptions of the steps) are styled like G1 instructions.

Only thing it's missing is a tech specs decoder. Which I'm surprised they didn't include considering that ER had decoders.
Last edited by Gandoor on Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:40 pm

It's been a while but is anybody interested in the new Transfomers movie?

The Terrorcons are apparantly in it, I hope to see their combined form. I thought I saw a glimpse of Grimlock in the trailer but there are no Dinobots listed as appearing in the movie so that's probably wrong.
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Ryemarch
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryemarch » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:43 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:It's been a while but is anybody interested in the new Transfomers movie?

I'm hoping it will be as good as Bumblebee or better, but I'm expecting less.
There are three things vital to know about any powerful institution: in whose interests it exercises its power, to whom it is accountable, and how to be rid of it.
~
"War crimes?! No, no, no: I committed war rhymes! I'm a poet, you see." - Our Founder
~
(NS stats are canon unless otherwise noted.)

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:16 pm

I'm hoping it's better than The Last Knight. :p
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.

25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:19 am

HC Eredivisie wrote:It's been a while but is anybody interested in the new Transfomers movie?

The Terrorcons are apparantly in it, I hope to see their combined form. I thought I saw a glimpse of Grimlock in the trailer but there are no Dinobots listed as appearing in the movie so that's probably wrong.

Aww yyeeeeaaaahhhh 8)

I’m also really enjoying the figures we’ve been getting these past few years. The Unicron Trilogy nostalgia in particular is *chef’s kiss*

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:02 am

I saw Rise of the Beasts the other day. It’s about as well put together as every other Transformers movie complete with unexplained plot points and neurotic characters. Very take it or leave it lol.

The action was great though and I liked a lot of the character designs, especially the three named Terrorcons. It was a fun movie and I generally enjoyed it.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:05 am

Alas these Terrorcons are based on the 2004 Energon versions who were servants of Unicron. I liked them though, especially Scourge.

Ryemarch wrote:

I liked Bumblebee a little more but this was still better than the last Bay films. Overall I’d rank the series,
1. 2007
2. Bumblebee
3. ROTB kind of ties with DOTM
4. AOE ties with ROTF
5. TLK
Last edited by The first Galactic Republic on Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:33 pm

Honestly, I haven't seen ROTB (and probably won't because I don't really care for the live-action movies at all) but I will give ROTB credit for not fully falling victim of Hasbro's current design trends of the past few years with Transformers.
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:52 am

The first Galactic Republic wrote:

Alas these Terrorcons are based on the 2004 Energon versions who were servants of Unicron. I liked them though, especially Scourge.

I liked them too, sadly too few to combine but they'd be unstoppable for the Autobots in that case anyway.

Ryemarch wrote:

I liked Bumblebee a little more but this was still better than the last Bay films. Overall I’d rank the series,
1. 2007
2. Bumblebee
3. ROTB kind of ties with DOTM
4. AOE ties with ROTF
5. TLK[/quote][/quote]
I'd switch DOTM and ROTF but that's how I'd rank the movies as well. The 2007 is only better than Bumblebee as it has Starscream.

Gandoor wrote:Honestly, I haven't seen ROTB (and probably won't because I don't really care for the live-action movies at all) but I will give ROTB credit for not fully falling victim of Hasbro's current design trends of the past few years with Transformers.
Compared to the earlier movies you mean or other shows?
Last edited by HC Eredivisie on Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:07 am

A few weeks ago, I visited a local toy shop near me and I got some great shit there.

I got a complete 2006 Classics Bumblebee, a Legacy Hot Shot, Legacy Armada Optimus Prime, and a friggin near-complete RID 2001 Scourge. All Scourge is missing is just two of the discs he can fire from the disc launcher.

Legacy Armada Prime is goddamn incredible, not even gonna sugarcoat it. Just the way everything about him works, his transformation, his articulation, his detail. He's the first Commander-class I've had and if the others are even 50% as good as he is, I'd be satisfied. The only thing you could say is a 'flaw' with him is that he lacks waist articulation in his smaller robot mode, but that's totally excusable because of how he has to transform from a robot to the torso of his super robot mode.

RID Scourge is amazing too. I had no issues with either modern update of the Laser Optimus Prime mold (the RTS Deluxe or the Legacy one) but now having a version of the original mold? Yeah, I can see why people consider them downgrades from the original, especially the Legacy version. Like the Legacy Laser Prime mold is fun and all but his trailer's 'battle station' mode is so dinky and there really isn't much to actually do. But then you get the OG mold and the battle station is pretty damn impressive and it has all those firing missiles. Got the disc launcher, the air-firing rocket, and the five spring-loaded firing missiles too. Sure, the Scourge version of the mold removed the electronics from the original G2 toy, but who cares? It's otherwise still the same toy and it's great.

Hell, I'd say if he had thigh swivels, then this mold's articulation would still be totally fine today. I mean it is still mostly fine, but not having thigh swivel is just one thing that brings it down.

HC Eredivisie wrote:
Gandoor wrote:Honestly, I haven't seen ROTB (and probably won't because I don't really care for the live-action movies at all) but I will give ROTB credit for not fully falling victim of Hasbro's current design trends of the past few years with Transformers.
Compared to the earlier movies you mean or other shows?

Being very normal and replying to a post after several months, but nah I was talking about how a lot of modern Transformers design trends want characters to be styled after the G1 designs (or, if they weren't from G1, look like their most 'iconic' designs). Like you do get some level of that homogenization in the ROTB designs, but it's not exclusively that way. I just miss when Transformers names could be reused without them needing to contain elements of the older versions of the characters. Like I get that some characters are iconic and are just going to have certain design elements common between different incarnations (like most Optimus Primes are going to be red trucks, Megatron will have a fusion cannon, Bumblebee will turn into a yellow car) but I just don't think that needs to apply to every single character (and having some common design elements between incarnations doesn't mean they need to be all styled after the older design either).
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:36 am

Gandoor wrote:A few weeks ago, I visited a local toy shop near me and I got some great shit there.

I got a complete 2006 Classics Bumblebee, a Legacy Hot Shot, Legacy Armada Optimus Prime, and a friggin near-complete RID 2001 Scourge. All Scourge is missing is just two of the discs he can fire from the disc launcher.

Legacy Armada Prime is goddamn incredible, not even gonna sugarcoat it. Just the way everything about him works, his transformation, his articulation, his detail. He's the first Commander-class I've had and if the others are even 50% as good as he is, I'd be satisfied. The only thing you could say is a 'flaw' with him is that he lacks waist articulation in his smaller robot mode, but that's totally excusable because of how he has to transform from a robot to the torso of his super robot mode.

RID Scourge is amazing too. I had no issues with either modern update of the Laser Optimus Prime mold (the RTS Deluxe or the Legacy one) but now having a version of the original mold? Yeah, I can see why people consider them downgrades from the original, especially the Legacy version. Like the Legacy Laser Prime mold is fun and all but his trailer's 'battle station' mode is so dinky and there really isn't much to actually do. But then you get the OG mold and the battle station is pretty damn impressive and it has all those firing missiles. Got the disc launcher, the air-firing rocket, and the five spring-loaded firing missiles too. Sure, the Scourge version of the mold removed the electronics from the original G2 toy, but who cares? It's otherwise still the same toy and it's great.

Hell, I'd say if he had thigh swivels, then this mold's articulation would still be totally fine today. I mean it is still mostly fine, but not having thigh swivel is just one thing that brings it down.

HC Eredivisie wrote:Compared to the earlier movies you mean or other shows?

Being very normal and replying to a post after several months, but nah I was talking about how a lot of modern Transformers design trends want characters to be styled after the G1 designs (or, if they weren't from G1, look like their most 'iconic' designs). Like you do get some level of that homogenization in the ROTB designs, but it's not exclusively that way. I just miss when Transformers names could be reused without them needing to contain elements of the older versions of the characters. Like I get that some characters are iconic and are just going to have certain design elements common between different incarnations (like most Optimus Primes are going to be red trucks, Megatron will have a fusion cannon, Bumblebee will turn into a yellow car) but I just don't think that needs to apply to every single character (and having some common design elements between incarnations doesn't mean they need to be all styled after the older design either).

I’ve been loving Legacy so far. Can’t wait to get my hands on Armada Prime and Megatron. Also excited for Titan class Tidal Wave next year.

My wish is for even MORE Armada, especially if we get a Jetfire and Overload that combine with Prime.

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:18 am

Gandoor wrote:A few weeks ago, I visited a local toy shop near me and I got some great shit there.

I’ve been loving Legacy so far. Can’t wait to get my hands on Armada Prime and Megatron. Also excited for Titan class Tidal Wave next year.

My wish is for even MORE Armada, especially if we get a Jetfire and Overload that combine with Prime.

God yeah, Armada Megatron is pretty great.

Except for like...why the hell is the only 'accessory' he comes with the front half of his tank barrel. Like ????? why.

No I'm not annoyed because I somehow lost the one from my copy of the figure. I know where it got lost but I just haven't looked for it yet, so for right now my Megatron is fuckin circumcised and he can't face off against Optimus.
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Taungne
Civil Servant

Founded: May 03, 2023
New York Times Democracy

Postby Taungne » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:42 pm

Ellbonnia wrote:
I love Soundwave's character arc in the IDW comics; almost as much as their depiction of Shockwave

IDW had some great character reinventions. Who doesn’t love Marxist Megatron, fathered-by-Tarantulas Springer, can’t-live-down-the-douchiness-of-past-primes Optimus, or secretly-responsible-for-everything Shockwave?

IDW’s OCs, like Nova Prime, Drift, Windblade (sort of), Minimus Ambus, and Rung, alongside their complete premise overhauls, like Galvatron being separate from Megatron or the Titans being colony ships, were also pretty engaging.

I'm mixed when it comes to IDW's characters characters. While I enjoyed takes of certain pre-existing characters like evil genius Shockwave and mass-murdering maniac Overlord, I also feel like they did some guys dirty (the biggest offenders for me being Star Saber who acts like he walked out of WH40k, the Maximals who are really just Shockwave's goons [later Unicron's goons], and Arcee). On the other hand, I also really enjoyed some of the original characters, most notably Nautica. If we count 2019 continuity too, I also really liked Exarchon, who no-one surprisingly talks about despite him being the big bad at one point, but again, the 2019 continuity is more obscure than the 2005 one.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction