NATION

PASSWORD

Transformers Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you excited for the Bumblebee movie?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes : 48

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:26 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Aeritai wrote:Currently watching 'War For Cybertron' and so far its pretty good not sure how I feel about Prime's new voice, but the show is pretty decent.

I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but I want to see it.

I recommend watching it! Its good show if you're a fan of the G1 designs and the plot is pretty enjoyable.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:13 am

I’ve been hurt before.

Anyone remember the Prime Wars Machinima cartoons? Those were just horrible.

I don’t know if it makes me an old grouch or whatever, but I’m getting to the point where I only like the comics and written stories.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:31 am

The best praise I've seen Transformers fans give the new cartoon is that 'it isn't terrible like the Prime Wars ones'.

Which isn't really that much praise, that's just saying that it's at least competent unlike those wastes of digital data.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:57 am

Gandoor wrote:Ordered Fans Hobby Athena today! Super excited to get her sometime next week if the hurricane this weekend doesn't fuck shit up too much.

Some may argue I paid a bit too much for her (her preorder price at different retailers like BBTS, TFSource, etc. is between $60 and $70 and I paid $89) but I was getting damn tired of waiting for her to come in-stock at US retailers and there's no damn way I'm ordering her direct from China. Not because of the virus or whatever, but because I ain't gonna be waiting two or three months for the damn toy to make it across the Pacific.

So instead I just ordered one new in-box from a seller in Wisconsin on eBay.

The Chosen Prime has had her instock for $59.99 for over a week.
Such heroic nonsense!

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:45 am

To be fair, the Prime Wars Trilogy set an extremely low bar. I'm hoping to watch the first episode or two of Siege today if I get the chance.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:30 am

Tekania wrote:
Gandoor wrote:Ordered Fans Hobby Athena today! Super excited to get her sometime next week if the hurricane this weekend doesn't fuck shit up too much.

Some may argue I paid a bit too much for her (her preorder price at different retailers like BBTS, TFSource, etc. is between $60 and $70 and I paid $89) but I was getting damn tired of waiting for her to come in-stock at US retailers and there's no damn way I'm ordering her direct from China. Not because of the virus or whatever, but because I ain't gonna be waiting two or three months for the damn toy to make it across the Pacific.

So instead I just ordered one new in-box from a seller in Wisconsin on eBay.

The Chosen Prime has had her instock for $59.99 for over a week.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I checked all the sites before I made my choice and they all still had her for pre-order, not in-stock.

Anyways probably the dumbest thing that they're doing relating to Siege is ThreeZero is doing high-end collectible action figures of some of the characters from the cartoon.

Why is this dumb?

Because its been confirmed that they literally used the toy's CAD models as the basis for the character models in the show. These are literally just larger, more expensive, non-transforming, and more articulated versions of the regular fucking toys. I mean the goddamn Megatron literally has fake wheels in the back of his legs.

Like for real, if you didn't already know that these are two different figures, would you be able to tell?
Last edited by Gandoor on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC - Call me Viola
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:25 pm

I’ve really had to cut back on any third party stuff, but Mastermind Creation’s Kultur has been reissued. He was sold out before I even started collecting Transformers last year, so I definitely want in this time.

I mean, it’s Tarn we’re talking about. His face is the Decepticon symbol.

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:39 pm

Athena got delivered today.

Sadly mine has a pretty bad QC issue because her neck balljoint was deformed and when it got stuck in the head socket, I can't get it out without the risk of deforming it even more.

(Seriously tho, anyone know a way to potentially reshape it into a ball shape? When her head came off leaving the joint in the socket, the 'ball' was slightly flat like it had gotten squished somehow)
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:35 pm

Gandoor wrote:Athena got delivered today.

Sadly mine has a pretty bad QC issue because her neck balljoint was deformed and when it got stuck in the head socket, I can't get it out without the risk of deforming it even more.

(Seriously tho, anyone know a way to potentially reshape it into a ball shape? When her head came off leaving the joint in the socket, the 'ball' was slightly flat like it had gotten squished somehow)

If you can take apart the figure to get the head out, you might be able to sand or file the ball joint back into shape. Or, you might be able to use a little bit of hot glue to fill it in. I'm no expert though, and I could be very wrong on what the issue is.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:43 pm

Just saw Siege.

Not amazing, but not terrible. It has more going for it than the Prime Wars cartoons did.

I am moderately interested in seeing what’ll happen with Earthrise, and how it will supposedly turn into beastformers for Kingdom.
Last edited by The first Galactic Republic on Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:07 am

The first Galactic Republic wrote:Just saw Siege.

Not amazing, but not terrible. It has more going for it than the Prime Wars cartoons did.

I am moderately interested in seeing what’ll happen with Earthrise, and how it will supposedly turn into beastformers for Kingdom.
I saw the first episode the other day, and yeah, it's not bad, but not awesome either.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:18 pm

My current favorite thing is that the listing for that 'Alternate Universe' Optimus Prime toy (READ: the ER Leader in 1986 Dead Prime colors) implies that his trailer is his coffin:
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:35 am

Gandoor wrote:My current favorite thing is that the listing for that 'Alternate Universe' Optimus Prime toy (READ: the ER Leader in 1986 Dead Prime colors) implies that his trailer is his coffin:
(Image)

Wow, just wow.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Revmacia
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Revmacia » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:19 pm

WFC Prime looks like his 1984 self :eyebrow: ? , I'm still gonna watch it but when I hear "WFC" I always think of the game's character designs :p

Nevertopia
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:18 am

whats everyones take on optimus getting a robowaifu in the netflix adaptation?
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:48 am

Revmacia wrote:WFC Prime looks like his 1984 self :eyebrow: ? , I'm still gonna watch it but when I hear "WFC" I always think of the game's character designs :p

Same. WFC is an awesome game.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:49 am

Nevertopia wrote:whats everyones take on optimus getting a robowaifu in the netflix adaptation?

Elita One has been around for awhile.

I wonder if her car altmode will stick, since they have a tendency to change that. Car, boat, motorcycle, jet, spider...

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:42 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Gandoor wrote:My current favorite thing is that the listing for that 'Alternate Universe' Optimus Prime toy (READ: the ER Leader in 1986 Dead Prime colors) implies that his trailer is his coffin:
(Image)

Wow, just wow.

That's hardly surprising isn't it? :p
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Nevertopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:22 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Nevertopia wrote:whats everyones take on optimus getting a robowaifu in the netflix adaptation?

Elita One has been around for awhile.

I wonder if her car altmode will stick, since they have a tendency to change that. Car, boat, motorcycle, jet, spider...

SPIDER? u mean shes who blackarachnia is based on in the beast wars anime spinoff!?
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Black Lives Matter

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:43 pm

Nevertopia wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:Elita One has been around for awhile.

SPIDER? u mean shes who blackarachnia is based on in the beast wars anime spinoff!?

No, but the Transformers Animated incarnation of Blackarachnia was previously that series version of Elita-1 before she mutated and became Blacharachnia.

Also Beast Wars isn't fuckin anime. It was made in Canada.
Last edited by Gandoor on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Nevertopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:57 am

Gandoor wrote:
Nevertopia wrote:

No, but the Transformers Animated incarnation of Blackarachnia was previously that series version of Elita-1 before she mutated and became Blacharachnia.

are you telling me this show about mech furries isekai'd into another world ISNT an anime? Made in Canada or Japan, anime is anime.
Last edited by Nevertopia on Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:40 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Wow, just wow.

That's hardly surprising isn't it? :p

That's fair.
Nevertopia wrote:
Gandoor wrote:No, but the Transformers Animated incarnation of Blackarachnia was previously that series version of Elita-1 before she mutated and became Blacharachnia.

are you telling me this show about mech furries isekai'd into another world ISNT an anime? Made in Canada or Japan, anime is anime.

Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo are anime, but Beast Wars and Beast Machines are not as far as I know.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:14 pm

Got my order for Earthrise Dirge and Ramjet.... now just need them to release Thrust...

Such heroic nonsense!

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:14 am

For some of us, Skywarp is the aesthetic.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:44 am

Tekania wrote:Got my order for Earthrise Dirge and Ramjet.... now just need them to release Thrust...

(Image)

I only want Thrust because he's the only G1 Seeker I actually care about.

Which might seem random since I literally didn't grow up with G1, but when I was like 5,6 years old, my uncle sent me his old G1 Thrust (which admittedly was missing literally every single one of his parts except his wings and landing gear), so he's kinda special to me because of that.
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction