NATION

PASSWORD

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Holy Twig
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Twig » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:30 am

Soxastan wrote:Somewhere, right now, someone is laughing maniacally saying, "DANCE PUPPETS, DANCE!!!", as their plan for world domination by love and toleration is taking place.

inb4 "Lauren Faust"
The most inept invader in Nationstates!

Economic issues: +5.3 left
Social issues: +2.63 libertarian
Foreign policy: +7.28 non-interventionist
Cultural identification: +7.23 liberal
New Freedomstan wrote:What is a little purging and gulag between friends?
They said I could do anything I wanted to do, so I argue with strangers on the internet.
Ceannairceach wrote:I am looking for a girl with >5% genetic relation to me. Must be dtf, blond, big butt.

Soxastan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soxastan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:36 am

The Holy Twig wrote:
Soxastan wrote:Somewhere, right now, someone is laughing maniacally saying, "DANCE PUPPETS, DANCE!!!", as their plan for world domination by love and toleration is taking place.

inb4 "Lauren Faust"

Yes, she did say that. I'm cool with her ruling the world. That would be awesome. I mean if everyone watched ponies, they would probably be happier (or not, but who cares) and then world peace would be achieved.

Also, how did we get to Carl Sagan? Random, unless.... He created a pony universe! He didn't die, he just got transported to the pony dimension where he lives his new life as a professor at the Royal Academy (Celestia's Magic School).

The Holy Twig
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Twig » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:52 am

They said I could do anything I wanted to do, so I argue with strangers on the internet.
Ceannairceach wrote:I am looking for a girl with >5% genetic relation to me. Must be dtf, blond, big butt.

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:58 am

All hail Lauren Faust, our pony lord and master!

Trixiestan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Trixiestan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:00 pm

I, for one, welcome our new pony overlords
My Last.FM.
(Feel free to make flag requests)

Economic Left/Right: -8.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.67

Saphirasia
Senator

Founded: Feb 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saphirasia » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Ok, that was funny. I ran into someone on WoT that had the name 'Twilight_Sparkle'. He is brony with some serious tanking skills, too.
Vitaphone Racing wrote:You can do some really incredible stuff in your kitchen. And I'm talking more than just a phenomenal sandwich.

Shanix wrote:Somepony really took the time of their MLP to do life?

Olthar wrote:I prefer "I Came, I Saw, I Came Again."

Rupudska wrote:Except Nightkill, of course. Nightkill has obtained a level of badassery where his pants depart his legs of their own accord.

Saphirasia wrote:
Soxastan wrote:...then how did you get 1TB of pony in about an hour, maybe less?

I have fast hands.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:14 pm

Lubyak wrote:All hail Lauren Faust, our pony lord and master!

:bow: :bow: :bow:
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Soxastan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Soxastan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Saphirasia wrote:Ok, that was funny. I ran into someone on WoT that had the name 'Twilight_Sparkle'. He is brony with some serious tanking skills, too.

I have a great idea, make a tank skin that has Twi's cutie mark and colors

I got the idea from this

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:58 pm

I'm sure someone's already done that.

I've seen several tank reskins for Rainbow Dash. It stands to reason that there would be others of the mane six as well.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Saphirasia
Senator

Founded: Feb 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saphirasia » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:03 pm

Soxastan wrote:
Saphirasia wrote:Ok, that was funny. I ran into someone on WoT that had the name 'Twilight_Sparkle'. He is brony with some serious tanking skills, too.

I got the idea from this

Well, where do I start. There are several things wrong with that picture. First, Twilight has a weapon in her hand. Second, she's driving a freakin' tank. Twilight and tanks do not mix.
Licana wrote:I'm sure someone's already done that.

I've seen several tank reskins for Rainbow Dash. It stands to reason that there would be others of the mane six as well.

Meh, already have an epic TRON:Legacy skin for the T-44.
Last edited by Saphirasia on Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Vitaphone Racing wrote:You can do some really incredible stuff in your kitchen. And I'm talking more than just a phenomenal sandwich.

Shanix wrote:Somepony really took the time of their MLP to do life?

Olthar wrote:I prefer "I Came, I Saw, I Came Again."

Rupudska wrote:Except Nightkill, of course. Nightkill has obtained a level of badassery where his pants depart his legs of their own accord.

Saphirasia wrote:
Soxastan wrote:...then how did you get 1TB of pony in about an hour, maybe less?

I have fast hands.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Saphirasia wrote:
Soxastan wrote:

I got the idea from this

Well, where do I start. There are several things wrong with that picture. First, Twilight has a weapon in her hand. Second, she's driving a freakin' tank. Twilight and tanks do not mix.

Also, that tank is a mammoth tank, and being the smart girl that she is, Twilight wouldn't use such a retarded design.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Dude, I play WoT too...

My favorite game ever was when, during the pre-battle bravado, people were all-chatting "FOR x", and I joined in with "FOR CELESTIA!", which was followed by a chorus of approval.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism

"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

Soxastan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Soxastan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:47 pm

I've put 15 episodes onto my iPod. I'm so happy I could just.......aaahhhhhhh!

Now to put the rest on.

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:53 pm

Soxastan wrote:I've put 15 episodes onto my iPod. I'm so happy I could just.......aaahhhhhhh!

Now to put the rest on.

Heh, I feel like if I did that I would probably max out my computer's storage space. I'll probably get the DVD if I can find a job in the future.
I am not at all interested in immortality, only in the taste of tea.

The Holy Twig
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Twig » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:58 pm

I had to download all of them so that I could make PMVs. If I had a video mp3 player then I would put them on (as it is I only have the actual songs and the super ponybeat versions)

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:01 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Soxastan wrote:I've put 15 episodes onto my iPod. I'm so happy I could just.......aaahhhhhhh!

Now to put the rest on.

Heh, I feel like if I did that I would probably max out my computer's storage space. I'll probably get the DVD if I can find a job in the future.

That must be a small computer. Even the largest, highest-quality collection of episodes is a total of 17.5 gigs. The smallest out there is even only 4.5 gigs.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:09 pm

Olthar wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:Heh, I feel like if I did that I would probably max out my computer's storage space. I'll probably get the DVD if I can find a job in the future.

That must be a small computer. Even the largest, highest-quality collection of episodes is a total of 17.5 gigs. The smallest out there is even only 4.5 gigs.

That's 4.5 gigs I'll need for music sometime in the future.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:13 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Olthar wrote:That must be a small computer. Even the largest, highest-quality collection of episodes is a total of 17.5 gigs. The smallest out there is even only 4.5 gigs.

My Little Pony is better than music.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:15 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Olthar wrote:That must be a small computer. Even the largest, highest-quality collection of episodes is a total of 17.5 gigs. The smallest out there is even only 4.5 gigs.

DAMN IT, MAN!
*slaps*
PONIES OUTRANK MUSIC!
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

The Fanboyists
Senator

Founded: Sep 21, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Fanboyists » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:16 pm

MLP:FIM is epic win.
Proud member of the Ajax role-playing community!
Ottonia, Draakur, and Untsangazar in Ajax
Terefuxe, formerly Allamunnic States (NSSport)

"The plans and schemes of tyrants are broken by many things. They shatter against cliffs of heroic struggle. They rupture on reefs of open resistance. And they are slowly eroded, bit by little bit, on the very beaches where they measure triumph, by countless grains of sand. By the stubborn little decencies of humble little men." -Eric Flint, Belisarius II: In The Heart of Darkness

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Olthar wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:That's 4.5 gigs I'll need for music sometime in the future.

My Little Pony is better than music.

Neo Arcad wrote:

DAMN IT, MAN!
*slaps*
PONIES OUTRANK MUSIC!

I have to disagree.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:26 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Olthar wrote:My Little Pony is better than music.

Neo Arcad wrote:
DAMN IT, MAN!
*slaps*
PONIES OUTRANK MUSIC!

I have to disagree.

It's an objective truth. My Little Pony has music. My Little Pony is greater than the sum of its parts. Therefore, My Little Pony is greater than music. Quod erat demonstrandum

Somewhere cold and windy
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhere cold and windy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:28 pm

Get an external HDD. Seriously, they're cheap and you can take your ponies/music with you
Marshmallows

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Somewhere cold and windy wrote:

Get an external HDD. Seriously, they're cheap and you can take your ponies/music with you

My ponies are on a 2 terabyte external harddrive along with my 320+ gig collection of anime, cartoons, movies, and other assorted video media. :)

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:35 pm

Somewhere cold and windy wrote:

I have a laptop and if I disconnect the hard drive iTunes won't recognize it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction