NATION

PASSWORD

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Founded: May 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:38 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:
You don't like fun, do you?

I can be fun. Just not most all of the time.

Fixed. Honestly, your posts in this thread are just depressing. Learn to lighten up man, c'mon.

Orangi
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Orangi » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:39 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:

Fixed. Honestly, your posts in this thread are just depressing. Learn to lighten up man, c'mon.
The Sovereign Republic of Orangi: World Assembly Member

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Orangi wrote:Oh, I don't care. I was throwing out an example. Would you like me to edit my post good sir, to better fit the conversation? Or are you going to leave it as a fitting example?

There's a difference between main characters and background characters.
Orangi wrote:All I'm saying, is do we need it? It's all but canon anyway (See comic con poster) so I'm sure somehow it's an inevitability; they already tackled atheism/religion (Well done I say).

I see no reason why they can't make even a small reference to them being a couple during an episode.
I am not at all interested in immortality, only in the taste of tea.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:41 pm

So, what would be the main religion of Equestria?

I think it a Sun Goddess kind of pagan religion that's obviously observes the cycle of the year and the sun & moon

Soooooo Wicca?

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:42 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Orangi wrote:Oh, I don't care. I was throwing out an example. Would you like me to edit my post good sir, to better fit the conversation? Or are you going to leave it as a fitting example?

Orangi wrote:All I'm saying, is do we need it? It's all but canon anyway (See comic con poster) so I'm sure somehow it's an inevitability; they already tackled atheism/religion (Well done I say).

I see no reason why they can't make even a small reference to them being a couple during an episode.

Lyra should give Bon bon a slap on her ass and that "Rwar" look. *nods*

Orangi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orangi » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:43 pm

North Wiedna wrote:

Well, it'd be controversial, that's for sure. Moreso than Pinkie Keen, I think.

I don't think it'd get MLP yanked off the air, though. After all, they've got us. The Bronies. And we certainly make them profit/are a dedicated fanbase that would likely protest them taking it off the air. I'd help protest if it came for that.

*shrug*

I dunno'. I have absolutely no problem with gay/lesbian couples myself, but I do think it would be a bit awkward to address it in FiM, but since this show is already bucking boundaries...

Well, fuck. Maybe they should do it.

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Wilgrove wrote:So, what would be the main religion of Equestria?

I think it a Sun Goddess kind of pagan religion that's obviously observes the cycle of the year and the sun & moon

Soooooo Wicca?

You want them to be Wiccans. :3

I don't think they have religion per se (except for the rock farmers, they're Amish), they probably worship Celestia & Luna like a religion...

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:44 pm

Orangi wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:There's a difference between main characters and background characters.

I don't think it'd get MLP yanked off the air, though. After all, they've got us. The Bronies. And we certainly make them profit/are a dedicated fanbase that would likely protest them taking it off the air. I'd help protest if it came for that.

*shrug*

I dunno'. I have absolutely no problem with gay/lesbian couples myself, but I do think it would be a bit awkward to address it in FiM, but since this show is already bucking boundaries...

How was "Pinkie Keen" controversial? :eyebrow:

Orangi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orangi » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:44 pm

Soooooo Wicca?

Actually, I think they can leave that one alone. "Centerpiece of my collection" summed it up pretty good as a cycle, which frankly, I am finding to make so much sense.

I have an odd comboligion of Christianity and some type of cycle.

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:44 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Orangi wrote:

*shrug*

Listen to the Friendship report and imagine it's about Jesus.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:45 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:

I'm a realist. I never lighten up.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:45 pm

North Wiedna wrote:

Soooooo Wicca?

You want them to be Wiccans. :3

I don't think they have religion per se (except for the rock farmers, they're Amish), they probably worship Celestia & Luna like a religion...

Well, honestly, it refreshing to see a show like MLP that teaches you good values to live by without preaching to you like you're in church. I just think it would be even awesomener if the ponies were pagan as well, and it'd be like "Hey, the ponies are pagans, and they're just like us!"

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

Well this is supposed to be a fun thread, and you're kinda dragging down the vibe of the place man. Maybe you need to take a hit of the chronic or something.

Orangi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orangi » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:47 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Orangi wrote:

*shrug*

Imagine Twilight Sparkle as an atheist. "I won't believe anything unless I can prove it" came right from the horses' mouth.

Pinkie is the figure of things that don't make sense, but they DO happen. EG: Religion. We can't explain it, but many a religious text has stated historical events, that really have no proper explanation...

Twilight eventually accepts things as they are, and says something on the line of, "You can believe it, even if it doesn't make sense, that doesn't make it any less true."

So yeah. The episode addressed religion in a sneaky way. That's why I love it. It wasn't an anti-religion message, it was quite pro-religion I think.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:48 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

To YouTube! Now just gotta let it load up.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:49 pm

Orangi wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

Imagine Twilight Sparkle as an atheist. "I won't believe anything unless I can prove it" came right from the horses' mouth.

Pinkie is the figure of things that don't make sense, but they DO happen. EG: Religion. We can't explain it, but many a religious text has stated historical events, that really have no proper explanation...

Twilight eventually accepts things as they are, and says something on the line of, "You can believe it, even if it doesn't make sense, that doesn't make it any less true."

So yeah. The episode addressed religion in a sneaky way. That's why I love it. It wasn't an anti-religion message, it was quite pro-religion I think.

Hmm, haven't thought of it that way. As soon as the episode loads up, I'll have to keep an eye out for it. :)

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:49 pm

Orangi wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

Didn't Faust say it was unintentional though?

Soxastan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soxastan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:49 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

That episode did make Twilight look like an Atheist, but she had a good argument towards the Pinkie Sense. She wanted to know why it happened. She eventually saw that when she had her ticks, something happened. But specific ticks called for specific events. After following Pinkie around for the day, Twilight compiled her evidence and figured that Pinkie Sense is real because of the overwhelming evidence. She doesn't know as to why, but she knows that it happens. It could be considered like quantum physics, nearly impossible to explain, but always happens.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:50 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:

Well this is supposed to be a fun thread, and you're kinda dragging down the vibe of the place man. Maybe you need to take a hit of the chronic or something.

No thanks, I'm not in the mood to kill off my brain cells and go to jail.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:51 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

First offense, eh you'd probably just get community service or something.

EDIT: When the Hel did I past 17,000 post? :blink:
Last edited by Wilgrove on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orangi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orangi » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:52 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Orangi wrote:

Didn't Faust say it was unintentional though?

Bull fucking shit. I know for a fact Faust does everything on purpose.

"I won't believe it unless I can prove it" is when I was like, "AAAH. I SEE!" because I've heard those exact words from SO many atheists.

Soxastan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soxastan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

Get a dime bag and roll a fat one. You will probably feel much better, it's also better than tobacco.

Shanix
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:

About 4, maybe 5 posts ago I think.
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:53 pm

Orangi wrote: Imagine Twilight Sparkle as an atheist. "I won't believe anything unless I can prove it" came right from the horses' mouth.

Alright, this needs to be said. ITS A FUCKING CARTOON! QUIT OVER ANALYZING IT!
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Shanix wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

About 4, maybe 5 posts ago I think.

Apparently, this was my 17,000th post. :D

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction