NATION

PASSWORD

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:If it was going to happen, you obviously have a problem with Lyra and Bonbon, so we'll use Applejack and Fluttershy to demonstrate.

Its not going to happen. That's the whole point i was trying to make.

But what if?
I am not at all interested in immortality, only in the taste of tea.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Founded: May 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Shanix wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:
Alright, back it up. You do remember this is technically a kids show right? They aren't gonna do something like that, especially for some fan made up couple hooey.

You do remember this is a kids show, right? They won't realize it

Agreed, kids really don't see any shame in same sex coupling, it's only after the bigoted and hateful parents indoctrinate them WITH hate that they see something wrong with it.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:27 pm

Saphirasia wrote:
Shanix wrote:You do remember this is a kids show, right? They won't realize it

Maybe not, but the parents will. There will be a HUGE sh*tstorm over it if they decide to do it.

and those parents need to get laid more often. Maybe that's why the Anti-gay movement has so much traction, they're just not getting laid enough.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:27 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:
Its not going to happen. That's the whole point i was trying to make.

But what if?

I don't deal in what ifs. No point to them.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Orangi
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Orangi » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
North Wiedna wrote: long link
Found it :D

By John Elway's helmet, that's a big list!

Yeah, see; that chart is all kinds of fucked up. Why?

It involes the fillies. What the fuck.
The Sovereign Republic of Orangi: World Assembly Member

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Shanix wrote:Dude. Faust will just be like...
"Eff that s**t. I'm Faust, you can't stop me!"

Yeah...then the network swoops in and cancels the show.

Yea, just like they cancelled Sesame Street after they introduced Bert and Ernie & that puppet with AIDS, Oh wait.....

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Saphirasia wrote:Maybe not, but the parents will. There will be a HUGE sh*tstorm over it if they decide to do it.

and those parents need to get laid more often. Maybe that's why the Anti-gay movement has so much traction, they're just not getting laid enough.

wat.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:29 pm

Shanix wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqEDIFfy4Yg&feature=player_detailpage#t=116s
So. Who else wants to sit around and stay in chat rooms, filing for disability while watching My Little Pony? This guy gave me a good idea.

He's jealous that Rainbow Dash is too cool for him. *nods*

Saphirasia
Senator

Founded: Feb 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saphirasia » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:29 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Saphirasia wrote:Maybe not, but the parents will. There will be a HUGE sh*tstorm over it if they decide to do it.

Since I'm pro-gay marriage, what are you implying?
:eyebrow:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:You can do some really incredible stuff in your kitchen. And I'm talking more than just a phenomenal sandwich.

Shanix wrote:Somepony really took the time of their MLP to do life?

Olthar wrote:I prefer "I Came, I Saw, I Came Again."

Rupudska wrote:Except Nightkill, of course. Nightkill has obtained a level of badassery where his pants depart his legs of their own accord.

Saphirasia wrote:
Soxastan wrote:...then how did you get 1TB of pony in about an hour, maybe less?

I have fast hands.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Soxastan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soxastan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Shanix wrote:
Soxastan wrote:What I'm trying to say is that children's programming of recent years has become too safe. There isn't any stretching of the boarders or trying to slip the censors like back in the 90s (the second Golden Era of cartoons). But the sexual references were not the right kind of pushing. What we need to is to recognize social issue and address them head on. If we keep sheltering children from the outside world, then they cannot become upstanding citizens in the world of tomorrow. That's my soapbox speech for today.

If this was Google+, you'd get +1 from me for that. I agree wholeheartedly, but, its the fact that they don't want to have to deal with people not liking them. I mean, lets assume every christian parent goes against this. That's a very, very large percentage of the US, one of the most influential nations in the world. If those Crusader parents decide to condemn MLP:FiM because it pushes the boundaries, then it'll have influence over a good portion of the world.

Well, screw the fundies. They shouldn't represent America as a whole. I mean, look at American history; slavery, war, oppression, depressions, political scandals, you name it. Is America even a wholesome country? No, it's like every other country. What makes this country great is the people, and America has every type, tint, and shade under the sun. There are whites, blacks, Asians, Native Americans, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Atheists, good people, honest people. These types of people make America what it is, immigrants coming over here to make a dream come true, to make a name for themselves, to avoid persecution in their old country. Now we have done a 180 and say that the American dream is to become a white, Protestant and "wholesome". Their is no American culture, every person's culture is the American culture. That is what made this country the way it is. Pushing the boundaries is what Americans do, with literature, TV, Movies, petitions, protests, technology, and countless more. So screw fundies, they need to accept that it is the year 2011 and they can come out of their 50s bomb shelter because the Soviets are dead. It is an evolving world, weather or not you like that term. Culture is constantly evolving, people are learning more and more each day. The human race is becoming more than it ever was and some people don't like it. No wonder why the rest of the world hates us. Because the people that want status quo are on television spouting these things. The sensible people who want moderation are left to the sides because they aren't "radical enough". If this gets me warned for flamebaiting, or banned, oh well, I said what I think is correct. We need to keep moving forward in order to sustain. Thank you for listening, so good luck, and good night. (Not getting of for reals though).

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Soxastan wrote:
Shanix wrote:Dude. Faust will just be like...
"Eff that s**t. I'm Faust, you can't stop me!"

What I'm trying to say is that children's programming of recent years has become too safe. There isn't any stretching of the boarders or trying to slip the censors like back in the 90s (the second Golden Era of cartoons). But the sexual references were not the right kind of pushing. What we need to is to recognize social issue and address them head on. If we keep sheltering children from the outside world, then they cannot become upstanding citizens in the world of tomorrow. That's my soapbox speech for today.

Fucking agreed. 1+

Saphirasia
Senator

Founded: Feb 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saphirasia » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:31 pm

:rofl: I just posted that last page, and am listening to it now.
Ninja'd.
Vitaphone Racing wrote:You can do some really incredible stuff in your kitchen. And I'm talking more than just a phenomenal sandwich.

Shanix wrote:Somepony really took the time of their MLP to do life?

Olthar wrote:I prefer "I Came, I Saw, I Came Again."

Rupudska wrote:Except Nightkill, of course. Nightkill has obtained a level of badassery where his pants depart his legs of their own accord.

Saphirasia wrote:
Soxastan wrote:...then how did you get 1TB of pony in about an hour, maybe less?

I have fast hands.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)

Orangi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orangi » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Honestly?

This is My Little Pony. We might need to figure that out for once; are characters like Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy clearly some type of lesbian couple? Yeah, most likely.

But just because they fit the stereotype does not mean they're fucking. I mean, can't these ponies just be really good friends? Just because you're a good friend with somebody doesn't mean you're going to fuck them. I mean, does that happen?

Pfft. yeah.

Doesn't have to, though. I wouldn't be opposed to something being implied, like Feeling Pinkie Keen; but for them to come out and say, "I'm Fluttershy, and I taste that rainbow carpet er'night" would be really, really awkward.

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Orangi wrote:Honestly?

This is My Little Pony. We might need to figure that out for once; are characters like Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy clearly some type of lesbian couple? Yeah, most likely.

But just because they fit the stereotype does not mean they're fucking. I mean, can't these ponies just be really good friends? Just because you're a good friend with somebody doesn't mean you're going to fuck them. I mean, does that happen?

Pfft. yeah.

Doesn't have to, though. I wouldn't be opposed to something being implied, like Feeling Pinkie Keen; but for them to come out and say, "I'm Fluttershy, and I taste that rainbow carpet er'night" would be really, really awkward.

We're actually talking about Lyra and Bonbon.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:34 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Freelanderness wrote:They could just do a Bert and Ernie thing...

Hell no, they're officially "just friends". I saw it on NBC one day.

Isn't that how most gay couple introduce their significant other when they're not out of the closet though?

"This is my friend, Bill."

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:But what if?

You don't like fun, do you?

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:35 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:Hell no, they're officially "just friends". I saw it on NBC one day.

Isn't that how most gay couple introduce their significant other when they're not out of the closet though?

"This is my friend, Bill."

The "just friends" announcement came along with a statement saying they're not gay. :(

Shame, they make a good couple.

Shanix
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:35 pm

Soxastan wrote:
Shanix wrote:If this was Google+, you'd get +1 from me for that. I agree wholeheartedly, but, its the fact that they don't want to have to deal with people not liking them. I mean, lets assume every christian parent goes against this. That's a very, very large percentage of the US, one of the most influential nations in the world. If those Crusader parents decide to condemn MLP:FiM because it pushes the boundaries, then it'll have influence over a good portion of the world.

Well, screw the fundies. They shouldn't represent America as a whole. I mean, look at American history; slavery, war, oppression, depressions, political scandals, you name it. Is America even a wholesome country? No, it's like every other country. What makes this country great is the people, and America has every type, tint, and shade under the sun. There are whites, blacks, Asians, Native Americans, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Atheists, good people, honest people. These types of people make America what it is, immigrants coming over here to make a dream come true, to make a name for themselves, to avoid persecution in their old country. Now we have done a 180 and say that the American dream is to become a white, Protestant and "wholesome". Their is no American culture, every person's culture is the American culture. That is what made this country the way it is. Pushing the boundaries is what Americans do, with literature, TV, Movies, petitions, protests, technology, and countless more. So screw fundies, they need to accept that it is the year 2011 and they can come out of their 50s bomb shelter because the Soviets are dead. It is an evolving world, weather or not you like that term. Culture is constantly evolving, people are learning more and more each day. The human race is becoming more than it ever was and some people don't like it. No wonder why the rest of the world hates us. Because the people that want status quo are on television spouting these things. The sensible people who want moderation are left to the sides because they aren't "radical enough". If this gets me warned for flamebaiting, or banned, oh well, I said what I think is correct. We need to keep moving forward in order to sustain. Thank you for listening, so good luck, and good night. (Not getting of for reals though).

If you get in trouble for baiting, flaming, trolling, I'll be the first to challenge the mods on it. But, to be safe, I vote we head back to ponies...
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Orangi wrote:Doesn't have to, though. I wouldn't be opposed to something being implied, like Feeling Pinkie Keen; but for them to come out and say, "I'm Fluttershy, and I taste that rainbow carpet er'night" would be really, really awkward.

I just imagined Fluttershy saying this...in Flutterguy's voice.

lol'ing IRL.
Last edited by Licana on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:

You don't like fun, do you?

I can be fun. Just not most of the time.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Soxastan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soxastan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:37 pm

Shanix wrote:
Soxastan wrote:Well, screw the fundies. They shouldn't represent America as a whole. I mean, look at American history; slavery, war, oppression, depressions, political scandals, you name it. Is America even a wholesome country? No, it's like every other country. What makes this country great is the people, and America has every type, tint, and shade under the sun. There are whites, blacks, Asians, Native Americans, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Atheists, good people, honest people. These types of people make America what it is, immigrants coming over here to make a dream come true, to make a name for themselves, to avoid persecution in their old country. Now we have done a 180 and say that the American dream is to become a white, Protestant and "wholesome". Their is no American culture, every person's culture is the American culture. That is what made this country the way it is. Pushing the boundaries is what Americans do, with literature, TV, Movies, petitions, protests, technology, and countless more. So screw fundies, they need to accept that it is the year 2011 and they can come out of their 50s bomb shelter because the Soviets are dead. It is an evolving world, weather or not you like that term. Culture is constantly evolving, people are learning more and more each day. The human race is becoming more than it ever was and some people don't like it. No wonder why the rest of the world hates us. Because the people that want status quo are on television spouting these things. The sensible people who want moderation are left to the sides because they aren't "radical enough". If this gets me warned for flamebaiting, or banned, oh well, I said what I think is correct. We need to keep moving forward in order to sustain. Thank you for listening, so good luck, and good night. (Not getting of for reals though).

If you get in trouble for baiting, flaming, trolling, I'll be the first to challenge the mods on it. But, to be safe, I vote we head back to ponies...

Nice to see that bronies are have a very progressive outlook on society. Makes Fluttershy happy.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:37 pm

Saphirasia wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

Since I'm pro-gay marriage, what are you implying?
:eyebrow:
Licana wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

wat.

Ok, apparently I need to clarify myself.

The Anti-gay people need to get fucked more often, because, if you're actually concern with what other consenting adults do in their own lives, then you're obviously not getting your daily dose of Vitamin S, E, and X.

So, Wilgrove's message of the day to the ANTI-Gay people, get fucking laid already.

Orangi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orangi » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:38 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Orangi wrote:Honestly?

Pfft. yeah.

We're actually talking about Lyra and Bonbon.

Oh, I don't care. I was throwing out an example. Would you like me to edit my post good sir, to better fit the conversation? Or are you going to leave it as a fitting example?

All I'm saying, is do we need it? It's all but canon anyway (See comic con poster) so I'm sure somehow it's an inevitability; they already tackled atheism/religion (Well done I say).

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:38 pm

Shanix wrote:If you get in trouble for baiting, flaming, trolling, I'll be the first to challenge the mods on it. But, to be safe, I vote we head back to ponies...

I think this discussion isn't outside of the acceptable realm of this thread.
Licana wrote:
Orangi wrote:Doesn't have to, though. I wouldn't be opposed to something being implied, like Feeling Pinkie Keen; but for them to come out and say, "I'm Fluttershy, and I taste that rainbow carpet er'night" would be really, really awkward.

I just imagined Fluttershy saying this...in Flutterguy's voice.

lol'ing IRL.

Oh man...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction