NATION

PASSWORD

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:50 am

Hellenic Protectorates wrote:
The Holy Twig wrote:Well there's your problem
You only got as far as "in the magical land of Equestria."
I forced myself to watch a full episode of one of the old generations of the show on a dare, if I can force myself to sit through that shit then you can force yourself to sit through the first episode of "Friendship is Magic" before you start questioning bronies in general.

I just watched the first episode. Here is my reaction:

ಠ_ಠ

You should watch the episode Fall Weather Friends. It's probably one of the best for bringing in new fans.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Hellenic Protectorates
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hellenic Protectorates » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:50 am

Soxastan wrote:
Hellenic Protectorates wrote:I just watched the first episode. Here is my reaction:

ಠ_ಠ

There is a cliffhanger!!! You need to know what happens next! Also that is not how the other episodes are like. Episode 3 and 4 are more like the others. Episodes one and two are just to introduce the characters.

I would lose IQ points if I was exposed to any more of that show than I already have been. It's beyond "aquired taste", I think you have to be 60%+ insane to even tolerate this garbage.

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:50 am

The Holy Twig wrote:http://www.overthinkingit.com/2011/02/24/my-little-pony-political-economy/
FCUKIN' YES
Pretty sure I linked that before this thread hit page 15 <_<

Reposts after just three months :(

Hellenic Protectorates
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hellenic Protectorates » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:50 am

Olthar wrote:
I just watched the first episode. Here is my reaction:

ಠ_ಠ

You should watch the episode Fall Weather Friends. It's probably one of the best for bringing in new fans.

Sorry. I'm rather attached to my masculinity.

Demen 2
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Demen 2 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:51 am

The Holy Twig wrote:http://www.overthinkingit.com/2011/02/24/my-little-pony-political-economy/
FCUKIN' YES

What the fuck?
'Cause music is bigger than words and wider than pictures

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:51 am

FCUKIN' YES

Long ago and far away, on page fourteen of this thread one day...
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

Demen 2
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Demen 2 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:52 am

Olthar wrote:You should watch the episode Fall Weather Friends. It's probably one of the best for bringing in new fans.

That's not my problem.

I would be going from Oroku to Ponies. What the fuck?

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:52 am

Olthar wrote:You should watch the episode Fall Weather Friends. It's probably one of the best for bringing in new fans.

We all know what hellenic masculinity really means.

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:53 am

Soxastan wrote:
There is a cliffhanger!!! You need to know what happens next! Also that is not how the other episodes are like. Episode 3 and 4 are more like the others. Episodes one and two are just to introduce the characters.

I would lose IQ points if I was exposed to any more of that show than I already have been. It's beyond "aquired taste", I think you have to be 60%+ insane to even tolerate this garbage.

Well, nobody is forcing you to watch it. If you do not enjoy it, that's fine by me, at least. Nobody can make someone enjoy something against their will. I just hope that, like I said earlier, you gave it a fair shot.
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

Demen 2
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Demen 2 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:53 am

Nazis in Space wrote:
Hellenic Protectorates wrote:Sorry. I'm rather attached to my masculinity.

:rofl:

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:53 am

Pfft! What's that worth?

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Demen 2
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Demen 2 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:53 am

Rhodmhire wrote:
Hellenic Protectorates wrote:I would lose IQ points if I was exposed to any more of that show than I already have been. It's beyond "aquired taste", I think you have to be 60%+ insane to even tolerate this garbage.

Well, nobody is forcing you to watch it. If you do not enjoy it, that's fine by me, at least. Nobody can make someone enjoy something against their will. I just hope that, like I said earlier, you gave it a fair shot.

Well...

The Holy Twig
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Twig » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:55 am

Nazis in Space wrote:
Hellenic Protectorates wrote:Sorry. I'm rather attached to my masculinity.

:rofl:
The most inept invader in Nationstates!

Economic issues: +5.3 left
Social issues: +2.63 libertarian
Foreign policy: +7.28 non-interventionist
Cultural identification: +7.23 liberal
New Freedomstan wrote:What is a little purging and gulag between friends?
They said I could do anything I wanted to do, so I argue with strangers on the internet.
Ceannairceach wrote:I am looking for a girl with >5% genetic relation to me. Must be dtf, blond, big butt.

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:56 am

Demen 2 wrote:
Rhodmhire wrote:

Well...

Okay, if they chained you to a wall and threatened to yank off a fingernail or toenail for every minute you weren't enjoying it, then they could. But nobody here is doing that, yet.

The Holy Twig
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Twig » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:59 am

Rhodmhire wrote:
Demen 2 wrote:Well...

Okay, if they chained you to a wall and threatened to yank off a fingernail or toenail for every minute you weren't enjoying it, then they could. But nobody here is doing that, yet.

They said I could do anything I wanted to do, so I argue with strangers on the internet.
Ceannairceach wrote:I am looking for a girl with >5% genetic relation to me. Must be dtf, blond, big butt.

Soxastan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soxastan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:59 am

Soxastan wrote:

If you're just going to troll (or what we call it, parasprite) then I would suggest leaving. The Forum Admin is a fellow brony (a male fan of MLP: FiM).

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:02 pm

Soxastan wrote:
Hellenic Protectorates wrote:I would lose IQ points if I was exposed to any more of that show than I already have been. It's beyond "aquired taste", I think you have to be 60%+ insane to even tolerate this garbage.

If you're just going to troll (or what we call it, parasprite) then I would suggest leaving. The Forum Admin is a fellow brony (a male fan of MLP: FiM).
It's not really any worse than what people write in any other media-related thread in this forum when they don't like $thing, you know.

Voicing one's dislike, particularly after watching an episode, isn't a crime. It's not the same thing as repeatedly, consistently, trying to goad people who disagree, akin to what, say, Wiztopia did previous to page twenty or so. And Hellenic Protectorates hasn't done that.

Nothing can be liked by everyone, and just saying that you don't like something doesn't make you a troll.

tl;dr: Skins. They need to be thicker.
Last edited by Nazis in Space on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:02 pm

Soxastan wrote:

Reppy is a forum admin. She is also a girl.

Oceanic Vakiadia
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Oceanic Vakiadia » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Soxastan wrote:The Forum Admin is a fellow brony (a male fan of MLP: FiM).

Reploid Productions is Female, and I thought brony referred to both genders...
Playing NationStates since December 29, 2007.

The Holy Twig
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Twig » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Soxastan wrote:

fixed that for you.

Soxastan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soxastan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Oceanic Vakiadia wrote:

Whoops, didn't know that (or just forgot) :(

Hellenic Protectorates
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hellenic Protectorates » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Rhodmhire wrote:

I did give it a fair shot. I watched one episode and hated it. It is slightly interesting from an economic standpoint after reading that web story, but not enough for me to watch it.

So...yeah. I'll just keep watching Ghost in the Shell and 24.

EDIT: I absolutely loved watching Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends when it was on, but I cannot honestly watch a "My Little Pony" show. That's just me.
Last edited by Hellenic Protectorates on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Holy Twig
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Twig » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Oceanic Vakiadia wrote:

Olthar wrote:
Soxastan wrote:

Reppy is a forum admin. She is also a girl.

The Holy Twig wrote:
Soxastan wrote:

fixed that for you.

Astounding herdmind!
Last edited by The Holy Twig on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Oceanic Vakiadia wrote:

It depends on who you talk to. Most people just have it be gender neutral, though.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:08 pm

The Holy Twig wrote:
Oceanic Vakiadia wrote:Reploid Productions is Female, and I thought brony referred to both genders...
Olthar wrote:Reppy is a forum admin. She is also a girl.
Olthar wrote:Reppy is a forum admin. She is also a girl.

The Holy Twig wrote:fixed that for you.

Astounding herdmind!

I may not have been first in the list, but at least you put me on there twice, as I deserve Image

EDIT: Ah, you edited it. Nevermind then. :/
Last edited by Olthar on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction