NATION

PASSWORD

Cloudsdale: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Oh lawd.

I love that shit.

Sequel!

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:15 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:
I love that shit.

Sequel!

Rape is funny when men are the victims! :roll:
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:16 pm

Olthar wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Sequel!

Rape is funny when men are the victims! :roll:

No, when it's the Boondocks. Just like racism is funny. That show makes everything funny.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:19 pm

My damn mouse wheel just broke.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Olthar wrote:Rape is funny when men are the victims! :roll:

No, when it's the Boondocks. Just like racism is funny. That show makes everything funny.

*shrug*

I've never seen it.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:22 pm

Olthar wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:

*shrug*

I've never seen it.

There were black people in it, so I was obligated to give it a try. I like it because it's a satire of modern American society. It's of course a hyperbole, but it usually raises good points and manages to make them hilarious at the same time. It's also very visually appealing.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Olthar wrote:*shrug*

I've never seen it.

There were black people in it, so I was obligated to give it a try. I like it because it's a satire of modern American society. It's of course a hyperbole, but it usually raises good points and manages to make them hilarious at the same time. It's also very visually appealing.

Uncle Ruckus is funny as hell.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:

Uncle Ruckus is funny as hell.

Indeed, he's one of the best characters. I also like Huey because he's smarter than everyone else and his pessimism is really funny at times in contrast to everyone else. I absolutely love the Steel Chair Effect.

But maybe we should move on, this has nothing to do with ponies. :p

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Olthar wrote:Rape is funny when men are the victims! :roll:

I remember when it was just the comic strip...

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Olthar wrote:*shrug*

I've never seen it.

Well, I've never watched it because I'm whiter than marshmallow fluff. Though, I did read some of the comic strips back in high school and found them thoroughly boring.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Uncle Ruckus is funny as hell.

Indeed, he's one of the best characters. I also like Huey because he's smarter than everyone else and his pessimism is really funny at times in contrast to everyone else. I absolutely love the Steel Chair Effect.

Who wants to see this on the show?
“Cut me some slack, I always get up before sunrise!”
“The sun doth not riseth until thou awakens, dearest sister, therefore thine argument is devoid of validity.”
Last edited by Genivaria on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Genivaria wrote:My damn mouse wheel just broke.

That's what you get for posting rape jokes!

Mavorpen wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Uncle Ruckus is funny as hell.

Wonderful. Just wonderful.
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
The Kitsune Empire of Xiscapia's FT Factbook (V2.5)
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:

Who wants to see this on the show?
“The sun doth not riseth until thou awakens, dearest sister, therefore thine argument is devoid of validity.”

I would love for the show to have a scene of Celly in bed. :)

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:32 pm

Olthar wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Who wants to see this on the show?

I would love for the show to have a scene of Celly in bed. :)

What do you think? Graceful waker? Or Ughhhhh? :D

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Immoren » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Again I can't see anything uncanny valleyish here. :/

Also you couldn't decide new flag Olt?
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Olthar wrote:I would love for the show to have a scene of Celly in bed. :)

What do you think? Graceful waker? Or Ughhhhh? :D

Considering what we've seen of her so far, canon Celly seems to be so thoroughly perfect that she probably wakes up before her alarm clock goes off. I really want an episode that expounds on some of her flaws and shows her to be more of a complex character. I would give anything for an episode like that.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Olthar wrote:
Genivaria wrote:What do you think? Graceful waker? Or Ughhhhh? :D

Considering what we've seen of her so far, canon Celly seems to be so thoroughly perfect that she probably wakes up before her alarm clock goes off. I really want an episode that expounds on some of her flaws and shows her to be more of a complex character. I would give anything for an episode like that.

I want an episode that shows Palace life in general, and here's the opening.
*birds start to sing, then suddenly RRRRRRIINNNNGGGG *SMASH!*
" *sigh* Sister that is the fourth clock this week"
*fade out*
Last edited by Genivaria on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Immoren wrote:Also you couldn't decide new flag Olt?

No, I've been planning this for a while now. I've been intentionally changing my flag every week or so in order to build up enough of them to form a collage. After I'm done with this one, I'll start working on the second collage. I've already got three images waiting in the wings for me to make flags of.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:38 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Olthar wrote:Considering what we've seen of her so far, canon Celly seems to be so thoroughly perfect that she probably wakes up before her alarm clock goes off. I really want an episode that expounds on some of her flaws and shows her to be more of a complex character. I would give anything for an episode like that.

"*sigh* Sister that is the fourth clock male stripper this week*

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Olthar wrote:Considering what we've seen of her so far, canon Celly seems to be so thoroughly perfect that she probably wakes up before her alarm clock goes off. I really want an episode that expounds on some of her flaws and shows her to be more of a complex character. I would give anything for an episode like that.

" *sigh* Sister that is the fourth clock this week"
*fade out*

That would be nice.

Mavorpen wrote:
Genivaria wrote:I want an episode that shows Palace life in general, and here's the opening.

Why would strippers be ringing?

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Genivaria wrote:I want an episode that shows Palace life in general, and here's the opening.

Goosh Goosh, Goosh Goosh.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:41 pm

Olthar wrote:Why would strippers be ringing?

Last edited by Mavorpen on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

Okay?

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:44 pm

I'm sure we could throw in an excuse saying Celestia was up all night listening to the damn politicians.

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Immoren » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

But there is nothing there that could ring.
Or is there?
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction