NATION

PASSWORD

Metal Thread 2: In Metal There Is No Law

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:15 am

The New Sea Territory wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:You should listen to Ugra-Karma

Agreed.

New Rob Halfordia wrote:Megadeth > Death

Disgusting.

Maybe so, but it's objectively factual. One million deaths is more than just one.
Last edited by New Rob Halfordia on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:17 am

New Rob Halfordia wrote:
Agreed.

Disgusting.

Maybe so, but it's objectively factual. One million deaths is more than just one.

:lol:
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:18 am

New Rob Halfordia wrote:
Agreed.

Disgusting.

Win :lol:
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:20 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:You should listen to Ugra-Karma

Agreed.

New Rob Halfordia wrote:Megadeth > Death

Disgusting.

I don't know Ugra-Karma. Link to good material?

Good Death albums: 7
Good Megadeth albums: 11
Bad Death Albums: 0
Bad Megadeth albums: 3
Highest rated Death album: Symbolic (10/10)
Highest rated Megadeth album: Rust In Peace (10/10)
Lowest rated Death album: Spiritual Healing (8/10)
Lowest rated Megadeth album: Super Collider (2/10)

It's close, but...at least in my opinion, Death is a better band. More consistent than Megadeth despite not having as many good albums...though had Chuck lived, who knows???
Lars Ulrich: Hello, Dave. Look at your band. Now back to mine. Now back at your band. Now back to mine. Sadly, your band isn't mine, but if they stopped playing pure thrash metal and switched to a tough guy version of Motley Crue, they could sell like they're Metallica! Look down, back up, where are you? You're on the high road, taking it higher like a super collider. That album was great. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's a hard drive with all the private information of the users we banned from Napster. Look again, the hard drive is now Babymetal. Anything is possible when your band reeks of pop. I'm wearing a thong.

Varg Vikernes can fuck off.

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:24 am

Kiaculta wrote:I don't know Ugra-Karma. Link to good material?

Entire album

Pick interesting titles and give 'em a go. Personal favs: Kali-Yuga, Hate, The Horny and the Horned, Coraxo and Cyberchrist.
Last edited by Cadonica on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:26 am

Cadonica wrote:The Horny and the Horned

The greatest song title ever.
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:30 am

New Rob Halfordia wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:
He's trying to get a reaction out of me, that's why.

There isn't necessarily anything "wrong" with them, they're just not perfect. There doesn't need to be something "wrong" with it to keep it from being perfect. Really, you're just stroking yourself and foaming at the mouth because you suck Judas Priest's dick and are butthurt because someone doesn't think they're "ogm teh best band evar!!!!" which makes you livid.

But if that answer doesn't satisfy you, then fine, I'll give you an alternative: For Painkiller, Halford's vocals were less than enjoyable. For Screaming for Vengeance, not all the songs on the track were as good as the best songs on it. And for Rust in Peace, well, it's a thrash album. I'm not a big thrash fan.

That being said, all those albums are pretty great, and IMHO: Screaming for Vengeance > Rust in Peace > Painkiller

I am neither stroking myself, nor foaming at the mouth. Last I checked, I am not angry either. Amd I'm pretty sure that Judas Priest doesn't have a dick. The band members probably do, but I'm pretty sure that there isn't one collective dick for the band Judas Priest. And if there is nothing wrong with them, then that means they are perfect. It's not really a tough concept. And, while you trying to psychoanalyze me is adorable, it really is, you're not a psychologist, and have no idea how the enigma that is my mind works.

On another note, we all live relatively comfortable lives in first world countries. I suppose it's okay for somebody to occasionally express an opinion that is objectively wrong.

K. ;)

Kiaculta wrote:
New Rob Halfordia wrote:You know, in regards to Avenged Sevenfold, City of Evil and the White Album aren't that bad. Even Nightmare has its moments. I mean, they certainly up there with the greats, but, they really are a talented group, just a little boring at times.

I have to agree with you a little bit. Hell, Hail to the King isn't god awful either (doesn't mean I like it). I still detest their earliest stuff though.

Their earliest stuff is Metalcore, that's why.

New Rob Halfordia wrote:
Cadonica wrote:The Horny and the Horned

The greatest song title ever.

Now this I'll agree with you on. :p
#FeelTheBern
Don't call them ISIS/ISIL/IS, call them Daesh. They hate that.

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:34 am

Will I get murdered for saying I'm currently on a bit of a progressive binge?
Lars Ulrich: Hello, Dave. Look at your band. Now back to mine. Now back at your band. Now back to mine. Sadly, your band isn't mine, but if they stopped playing pure thrash metal and switched to a tough guy version of Motley Crue, they could sell like they're Metallica! Look down, back up, where are you? You're on the high road, taking it higher like a super collider. That album was great. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's a hard drive with all the private information of the users we banned from Napster. Look again, the hard drive is now Babymetal. Anything is possible when your band reeks of pop. I'm wearing a thong.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:36 am

Hmm...I found a Blind Guardian song I like (The Ninth Wave). Screw it, give me a Blind Guardian album suggestion :P

Kiaculta wrote:Will I get murdered for saying I'm currently on a bit of a progressive binge?

No? Why would you?
Last edited by Corrian on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:37 am

Corrian wrote:Hmm...I found a Blind Guardian song I like (The Ninth Wave). Screw it, give me a Blind Guardian album suggestion :P

Kiaculta wrote:Will I get murdered for saying I'm currently on a bit of a progressive binge?

No? Why would you?

It's not metal enough for some people.

Any of Blind Guardian's albums honestly, but the first two are kind of standard. Nightfall in Middle-Earth is absolutely perfect.
Last edited by Kiaculta on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:39 am

Of course not. I'm currently on "longsongsbinge" as well. Except in my case it's Reverend Bizarre marathon. Average song length is 11,5 minutes.

DOOM WHAT THOU WILT!

Corrian wrote:Hmm...I found a Blind Guardian song I like (The Ninth Wave). Screw it, give me a Blind Guardian album suggestion :P

First three albums.

If you like LOTR, you MUST listen to Nightfall in Middle-Earth.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:41 am

Kiaculta wrote:Any of Blind Guardian's albums honestly, but the first two are kind of standard. Nightfall in Middle-Earth is absolutely perfect.

Absolutely perfect example of completely shitty music :p

Obvious exaggeration is obvious but honestly, I think it's their weakest.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:45 am

Cadonica wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:Any of Blind Guardian's albums honestly, but the first two are kind of standard. Nightfall in Middle-Earth is absolutely perfect.

Absolutely perfect example of completely shitty music :p

I don't know if you fit this, but why do so many people go "FIRST TWO ALBUMS BEST"? Both of those albums are honestly kind of generic speed/power metal in the vein of Helloween albeit with a fair amount of decent songs.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:47 am

Kiaculta wrote:It's not metal enough for some people.

Well, then they're dumb. Plenty of progressive metal is very metal to me, even ones that are on the verge of "Progressive rock" I still consider metal sounding on some level, like Porcupine Tree (Some of their material, anyway)

Any of Blind Guardian's albums honestly, but the first two are kind of standard. Nightfall in Middle-Earth is absolutely perfect.

By the way, if I don't immediately respond to recommendations, it's because I wait for multiple opinions, then choose which one is most suggested.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:53 am

Kiaculta wrote:
Cadonica wrote:Absolutely perfect example of completely shitty music :p

I don't know if you fit this, but why do so many people go "FIRST TWO ALBUMS BEST"? Both of those albums are honestly kind of generic speed/power metal in the vein of Helloween albeit with a fair amount of decent songs.

It might be because I love generic speed/power metal.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:55 am

Cadonica wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:

It might be because I love generic speed/power metal.

StudioForce?

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:58 am

Kiaculta wrote:
Cadonica wrote:It might be because I love generic speed/power metal.

StudioForce?

Inhuman Rampage is amazing, Ultra Beatdown not so much.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:59 am

Cadonica wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:
StudioForce?

Inhuman Rampage is amazing, Ultra Beatdown not so much.

"Look at me, see how much I can imitate a poor man's Yngwie Malmsteen while writing the same super fast song about World of Warcraft over and over again!"

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:11 am

Kiaculta wrote:
Cadonica wrote:Inhuman Rampage is amazing, Ultra Beatdown not so much.

"Look at me, see how much I can imitate a poor man's Yngwie Malmsteen while writing the same super fast song about World of Warcraft over and over again!"

If that's a problem, no one's forcing you to listen to them.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:22 am

Kiaculta wrote:
Cadonica wrote:Absolutely perfect example of completely shitty music :p

Not that it was directed at me, but the only artist I can think of where the first two albums were the best was Dio. I realize that might sound generic, but let's be honest, while all their albums are good, and there were many great albums after the first two (Lock Up the Wolves and Magica, namely) the first two were absolutely the best.
#FeelTheBern

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:23 am

Kar-Esseria wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:

Not that it was directed at me, but the only artist I can think of where the first two albums were the best was Dio. I realize that might sound generic, but let's be honest, while all their albums are good, and there were many great albums after the first two (Lock Up the Wolves and Magica, namely) the first two were absolutely the best.

In this case the "first two albums are the best" was about Blind Guardian, not all bands.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:25 am

Cadonica wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:

In this case the "first two albums are the best" was about Blind Guardian, not all bands.

I know, but I haven't heard the entirety of their first two albums, so I can't comment on that.
#FeelTheBern

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:29 am

Kar-Esseria wrote:
Cadonica wrote:In this case the "first two albums are the best" was about Blind Guardian, not all bands.

I know, but I haven't heard the entirety of their first two albums, so I can't comment on that.

Do it now!
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:37 am

Corrian wrote:Hmm, I kinda like Death, at least on some level (Interesting vocals, for one). Any 1 Death album you would recommend to me?

Symbolic or Human

Picking one is impossible for me :p I have given six of their albums 9+/10

Imaginations From The Other Side and Somewhere Far Beyond are my favorite because they combine perfectly the speed metal aggression of early Blind Guardian with the epic power metal of later Blind Guardian.

Nightfall In Middle Earth is an amazing pure power metal album, with very dramatic/emotional lyrical concepts. Wonderful melodies, but the speed is gone. A Night at the Opera is similar, but doubles down even more on the progressive and bombastic orchestral elements. I've come to love it, but it might not be the best to start out with.

At the Edge of Time is probably their best album that's on Spotify :lol:

Kiaculta wrote:
Corrian wrote:No? Why would you?

It's not metal enough for some people.

:eyebrow: I've never heard anyone say progressivism "isn't metal". Tons of metal classics have progressive elements.
Last edited by Cosumar on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:56 am

Cosumar wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:It's not metal enough for some people.

:eyebrow: I've never heard anyone say progressivism "isn't metal". Tons of metal classics have progressive elements.

Those who claim it's "not metal" are too busy to fapping to grindcore. :p
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction