NATION

PASSWORD

Thread for Gamers: Game, Set, and Match!

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
DutchFormosa
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6256
Founded: Feb 11, 2023
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DutchFormosa » Wed Sep 09, 2026 5:19 am

Hopefully today's Nintendo Direct has something that interests me. I doubt we'll see a new Smash, but it has been 8 years since Ultimate. So it is likely if nothing else
IC wiki
OOC info
============

User avatar
Outer Armatonisdaristan
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8596
Founded: Dec 11, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Outer Armatonisdaristan » Wed Sep 09, 2026 5:26 am

I FINALLY PLAYED GLITCH KARTS YESTERDAY!!! 4 wins from 6 races already

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35460
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Sep 09, 2026 9:55 am

So I saw the steam leak and the worlds for kingdom hearts 4


I wont say there names here but two worlds that I really really wanted have shown up and im super excited about them holy shit holy fuck its really haplning

User avatar
Sectiyera
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 459
Founded: Oct 27, 2025
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sectiyera » Wed Sep 09, 2026 10:49 am

Are memes allowed?
Image
Gürekj-Sektijeriva! (Glory to Sectiyera!)
Eating cement is good for you

Founded 1932. The most powerful nation in the Balkans. World-renowned airforce and special ops. NATO member state. Participated in NATO strikes against Serbia, Desert Storm, Desert Shield, Iraqi Freedom, and Enduring Freedom. Current year: 2026.
Class 2 civilization. (?)
Stats note: NationStates stats are not canon. Refer to factbooks or contact me directly.
British Columbian living in North Carolina. Boy. Computer geek, especially when it comes to hardware. Wikipedia editor (User:TheBrokenHDD). Stargate fan. Subaru hater. Right-wing. FREE ISRAEL.


Ask an OOC question | Request an English to Sectiyeran translation | earshit.

User avatar
Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 60280
Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby Imperializt Russia » Wed Sep 09, 2026 12:01 pm

Imperializt Russia wrote:My Mental Breakdown run of KSP continues.

I have built Mega NERVun EVA, Type C now.

She is festooned with fuel and carries a massive drop tank. When raw thrust is required, she carries a 1000kN thruster but principally runs of eight NERV reactor engines (480kN combined thrust).

I have built and deployed her to chase down an enormous comet in an insane 70 degree elliptical orbit through the Kerbal system. Periapsis between the orbits of Kerbin and Duna, apoapsis at - potentially - Kerbol escape (or it indicates a stable elliptical at about 120Gm but it might actually be beyond the SOI, I haven't checked). There will be a window at the periapsis in about 60 days, when Kerbin will pass the closest.

Unfortunately, it will take thousands of dV to reach the comet, and then match orbits and speed and attach.
This may no longer be viable. It might not reach at all - it will challenge the fuel reserves of the entire vessel. This is untested.

I have this built a Suicide Lander. Modifying a long-range probe by stripping out all of the scientific equipment and replacing it with a command seat, I have a lander capable of 14,000dV with a trio of ion thrusters for thrust. This should allow a brave scientist to attempt an *at least* one-way landing on the comet to assess its size, virility and scientific value to the KSP.

Godspeed.
(images to come)

Suicide Lander. Look how happy he looks! (he may not survive)
Image
My man is riding an infrared telescope like Major Kong rode the Bomb, strapped to nothing more than a well-engineered bomb, three ion engines and some landing legs.
To boldly go, I suppose...

The leftover delta-v on the craft he's riding (two stages!) would be sufficient to reach orbit on IRL earth twice over.

I also finally launched my brick-like ship, I am launching a brick to the Mun, to the Mun.
Image
A mining module, with its own descent thruster, strapped to an oversized Vostok imitation. The one I mentioned before that weighs like a quarter of a kiloton on the pad. Here it is docking to refuel at Taicho Station:
Image

Unfortunately, the Contract I launched it for, "establish a base on the Mun capable of supporting 5 Kerbals", requires it to support 5 Kerbals. No bother. The landing can seats 2, so send three more seats. The Mobile Processing Lab (science module) has 3 portholes, it must have 3 seats. Sorted. Just some complicated docking to do. Use the Vostok stage to transfer it to the Mun and the extra seats can follow along later. Oh look, here it comes now!
Image

Now just to land it on the surface, and reap the rew-- wait, why isn't the contract completing? I put in 5 seats!
[goes back to the KSC VAB to inspect the Processing Lab]
FUCK
the lab only has 2 seats. I've deployed 2+2. Not 5.

FUCK

No matter. Nothing doing something complicated couldn't fix.
Image
Yes. I had to awkwardly carry a Lander Can on top of an existing "fuel bus" auto-probe vessel. Oh, and I had to manually land it on top of the existing, landed assembly. Yes, I used cheats for this (no crash damage, unbreakable joints, infinite propellant, reduced gravity and once I had the craft vaguely in position I let MechJeb automate the docking procedure. I was surprised it could cope with doing it under gravity! Even if it was lowered slightly).

I had to leave it on the Mun for a while to go and mine 550 units of ore. Which I converted into fuel to allow the assembly to ascend back to Munar orbit and re-mate with its Vostok transfer stage. Now, on to Minmus! I have to repeat the "landed station supporting 5 Kerbals" thing there, so I need the entire damned assembly again. But this Minmus station needs four thousand units of Liquid Fuel in it. The fuel tanks currently attached to it... don't actually hold that much.

But that's fine! Taicho Station started life as a "launch a space station with X fuel in it" contract, and it doesn't have to have it right then - it just needs to have launched with full tanks. Wait, why isn't the contract completing? Oh fuck, I need to actually fill the tanks for this one? Oy Jaysus.

That's fine. Minmus' gravity is low enough for me to do this stupid bullshit:
Image
This isn't even the stupidest thing I've yet done.

That post will come later.

The Minmus Miner will hopefully serve as a refuelling depot for very long-range craft - including the aforementioned NERVun Eva C-class monster. The dV costs for inter-system moves are significantly lower from Minmus orbit than they are from LKO, obviously. So I can leave the miner on the surface to mine fuel, then shuttle that fuel up to the Vostok, which can be left in orbit over Minmus as the "space station" to dock with.
Nuclear power maximalist, radiation specialist. Now, I didn't say expert, did I?
Cat dad, socialist, angry man. Playing a game of Pong (1972) between the left-auth and left-lib quadrants of the Political Compass. ex-Samozaryadnyastan.

Angry at the world and highly depressed about it. It's a cruel, dark, cold place.
Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

User avatar
Immoren
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 65025
Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Immoren » Wed Sep 09, 2026 4:02 pm

Image
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

User avatar
Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13647
Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Sep 11, 2026 1:19 pm

Im looking forward to FF vii revelations and FF Resonance.

The trailer material so far has been really good for both.
Name: Ted
Favorite posts:
Tarsonis wrote:
Bnei Noah wrote:
“Yeah, fuck old people” is a strange thing to hear from conservatives.


The implication was that Antifa operatives were snatching up old folks from retirement homes and wheeling them out to pad numbers. HT has trouble accepting that Americans object to far right authoritarianism
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

User avatar
Geraluden
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 109
Founded: Aug 20, 2026
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Geraluden » Fri Sep 11, 2026 1:22 pm

Say it with me, folks...

THE
NINTENDO
SWITCH
2
NEEDS
TO BE
CHEAPER
I am, in fact, NOT the very model of a modern major-general.
(THE STATE-CONTROLLED MEDIA POLICY IS NOT CANON. PLEASE IGNORE IT. I DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE IT A THING.)
((oh and by the way my country is pronounced like the word "paladin" but instead of "p" you say "jir" like "giraffe"))

User avatar
Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13647
Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Sep 11, 2026 1:35 pm

Geraluden wrote:Say it with me, folks...

THE
NINTENDO
SWITCH
2
NEEDS
TO BE
CHEAPER

Welcome to the world of post covid inflation, where everything is more expensive and you get less.
Name: Ted
Favorite posts:
Tarsonis wrote:
Bnei Noah wrote:
“Yeah, fuck old people” is a strange thing to hear from conservatives.


The implication was that Antifa operatives were snatching up old folks from retirement homes and wheeling them out to pad numbers. HT has trouble accepting that Americans object to far right authoritarianism
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63159
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Sep 13, 2026 1:52 am

That new starcraft game trailer was pretty good, but its not coming out until 2030 so... maybe a little early to announce the game lol
Irish Nationalist from Belfast ■■■ / Leftwing / Atheist / Re-arm Europe
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020



I like Miniature painting, Tanks, Horse Girl racing (apparently), Video games and most importantly Cheese.


User avatar
NewAlbion
Minister
 
Posts: 2037
Founded: Aug 20, 2025
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby NewAlbion » Sun Sep 13, 2026 5:17 am

Geraluden wrote:Say it with me, folks...

THE
NINTENDO
SWITCH
2
NEEDS
TO BE
CHEAPER

Yep, I'm buying one of these as a birthday gift for someone, I quite like them to be honest despite their price.
My Nation mostly represents my views.

User avatar
Chess Socialism
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6326
Founded: Nov 07, 2025
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Chess Socialism » Tue Sep 15, 2026 9:19 am

I want to see if the Switch 2 has more games before buying it. I think it looks neat and I want Tomodachi Life but I'm not rich enough to be impulse buying.
★ Hi, my name's Irene! ★
she/her | Michigander | AuDHD | Disabled
Free Palestine | Free Ukraine | Trans Rights
FAQ | TGs open | What do I put here?

Hey, send me your U.S. midterm predictions in telegrams! I'm making an average NationStates midterms prediction before election day. Serious predictions only!!!

User avatar
Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 60280
Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby Imperializt Russia » Thu Sep 17, 2026 11:14 am

Having seen my last two paychecks for On Call uplift, I think I am going to bite the bullet and buy into the The Expanse: Osiris Reborn beta at a supporter tier.

Owlcat are probably reliable enough for it to be worth it, I haven't heard anything negative, and I do love me some Miller merch.
Nuclear power maximalist, radiation specialist. Now, I didn't say expert, did I?
Cat dad, socialist, angry man. Playing a game of Pong (1972) between the left-auth and left-lib quadrants of the Political Compass. ex-Samozaryadnyastan.

Angry at the world and highly depressed about it. It's a cruel, dark, cold place.
Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

User avatar
Immoren
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 65025
Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Immoren » Thu Sep 17, 2026 4:08 pm

Image
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54208
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Sep 17, 2026 6:46 pm

Immoren wrote:

"It's a peaceful life."
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54208
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 18, 2026 3:23 pm

The more gameplay footage of Hellraiser Revival I see, the less excited I get. Really feeling like another Scorn. Great art direction and vibe, very not impressive looking gameplay.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Revived Unclear
Senator
 
Posts: 3798
Founded: Nov 23, 2024
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Revived Unclear » Thu Sep 24, 2026 10:38 am

I've been doing my first true stealth build in Fallout New Vegas here lately, it's fun as hell
Haiiiiiii! :3 I'm Unclear
I have Autism, ADHD, and potentially depression and anxiety :(


Through The Fire And The DOS we carry on!

Don't Stop For Nothing

NS's premier Weird Al Yankovic fan

Kentuckian summers f*cking suck

James Hetfield in a nutshell: "Hey hey hey hey hey, YEAHEAHEAH!"

"DO NOT VAPE THE ROCK BAND FOG JUICE, HERE IS ME TELLING YOU NOT TO DO THAT!"- Acai

Mattel Electronics presents "Beee seventeeeeennn bhomber"

"Madden Madden Madden"- AVGN

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee

I just wanna be in thigh highs bruh :3

You may have seen a bucket, but you've never seen me f**k it- FlyingKitty, 2019

Proudly bisexual!! :3

(WIP signature)

User avatar
Immoren
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 65025
Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Immoren » Thu Sep 24, 2026 5:42 pm

Image
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

User avatar
Outer Armatonisdaristan
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8596
Founded: Dec 11, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Outer Armatonisdaristan » Fri Sep 25, 2026 2:24 pm

POV: You somehow get two kills by dropping care packages on enemy opponents in Black Ops 2

Literally I just had that happen

User avatar
Renoa
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1961
Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Renoa » Fri Sep 25, 2026 4:30 pm

Outer Armatonisdaristan wrote:POV: You somehow get two kills by dropping care packages on enemy opponents in Black Ops 2

Literally I just had that happen

Indeed, I remember many an epic clips compilation back in the day that included care package kills, along with some other ludicrous ways to get kills that no one would ever have imagined would be possible.

I really liked that era of COD games, right before they went completely off the deep end with microtransactions and goofiness.
I have been the Paradox Game Thread's Self-Appointed Court Chaplain for around a decade now. No one's ever asked but I thought you should know.

User avatar
Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 60280
Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby Imperializt Russia » Sat Sep 26, 2026 3:21 am

Renoa wrote:
Outer Armatonisdaristan wrote:POV: You somehow get two kills by dropping care packages on enemy opponents in Black Ops 2

Literally I just had that happen

Indeed, I remember many an epic clips compilation back in the day that included care package kills, along with some other ludicrous ways to get kills that no one would ever have imagined would be possible.

I really liked that era of COD games, right before they went completely off the deep end with microtransactions and goofiness.

OG Black Ops let even console users clip replays direct to YouTube. Great times. Granted, the compression was abysmal and the posted clips look like shit. I got a thousand views on one!
Nuclear power maximalist, radiation specialist. Now, I didn't say expert, did I?
Cat dad, socialist, angry man. Playing a game of Pong (1972) between the left-auth and left-lib quadrants of the Political Compass. ex-Samozaryadnyastan.

Angry at the world and highly depressed about it. It's a cruel, dark, cold place.
Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

User avatar
Outer Armatonisdaristan
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8596
Founded: Dec 11, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Outer Armatonisdaristan » Sat Sep 26, 2026 3:49 am

Renoa wrote:
Outer Armatonisdaristan wrote:POV: You somehow get two kills by dropping care packages on enemy opponents in Black Ops 2

Literally I just had that happen

Indeed, I remember many an epic clips compilation back in the day that included care package kills, along with some other ludicrous ways to get kills that no one would ever have imagined would be possible.

I really liked that era of COD games, right before they went completely off the deep end with microtransactions and goofiness.

The fact I got TWO care package kills in ONE GAME too. Apparently that’s one in 100,000 chance or some shit
Last edited by Outer Armatonisdaristan on Sat Sep 26, 2026 3:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Chess Socialism
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6326
Founded: Nov 07, 2025
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Chess Socialism » Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:32 am

I wonder what the next console generation has in store.
★ Hi, my name's Irene! ★
she/her | Michigander | AuDHD | Disabled
Free Palestine | Free Ukraine | Trans Rights
FAQ | TGs open | What do I put here?

Hey, send me your U.S. midterm predictions in telegrams! I'm making an average NationStates midterms prediction before election day. Serious predictions only!!!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads