NATION

PASSWORD

PDOX Games VIII: [happy guillotine noises]

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favorite game of the last gen

EU3
2
8%
HOI3
5
20%
Mount & Blade
11
44%
EU Rome
1
4%
Darkest Hour
3
12%
Supreme Ruler 2020
2
8%
Sengoku
1
4%
 
Total votes : 25

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41556
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:22 am

Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

User avatar
Alvecia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19140
Founded: Aug 17, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alvecia » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:37 am


Some of those sound awesome.
British
Atheist
IT Support
That there is no exception to the rule "There is an exception to every rule" is the exception that proves the rule.
---
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll stop asking you to catch his fish.
That's not happening
That shouldn't be happening
Why is that happening?
That's why it's happening?
How has this ever worked?

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 136781
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ifreann » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:31 am


They were led by Chief Executive Officer Affinitor, who was a Fertility Preacher. On a barren world. For robots.

:rofl:
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him

Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot
starts

User avatar
Bralia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29670
Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bralia » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:14 am

Are fanatic egalitarian empires that take the Doomsday origin… doomed? (Since they can’t resettle their pops?
Pretty much.

Well damn. See, liberals, this is why equality is bad.
Romantic slut. Self-deprecating egotist. Benevolent communist.
Wife and queen to King Huskar the Mannis. May his reign be long and great.
Entranced and enchanted by an embrace. In love with locked lips. I cannot lie when I meet your eyes.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 136781
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ifreann » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:34 am

Bralia wrote:
Are fanatic egalitarian empires that take the Doomsday origin… doomed? (Since they can’t resettle their pops?
Pretty much.

Well damn. See, liberals, this is why equality is bad.

Totally gonna do a Doomsday run as Fanatic Egalitarians.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him

Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot
starts

User avatar
Cisairse
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1426
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Cisairse » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:05 pm



Yeah they elected my wife instead of any of my six children and my (wildly successful - I had already conquered most of Italy) game ended after 1 ruler.

Big sad.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41556
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:34 am

Ifreann wrote:
Bralia wrote:Well damn. See, liberals, this is why equality is bad.

Totally gonna do a Doomsday run as Fanatic Egalitarians.


You'd have to have Conservationists, Rapid Breeders, and Nomadic. You might be able to swing it if you pick Repugnant.
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

User avatar
Purpelia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32087
Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Purpelia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:35 am

The Imperial Reach wrote:Okay so I don't know if anyone remembers this but a while back I was having a problem in a Zoroastrian play I was doing where I kept trying to marry my kids to each other (because Zoroastrian) but I kept getting this event trigger where one of them would complain that they hated their new spouse and wanted the marriage annulled and refusing to do so risked having them pick a secret lover, go celibate, or some other bad thing I can't remember and most of them became celibate and it was fucking with my dynasty because it's already hard enough for incestuous couples to procreate like the game actively inhibits their ability to do so at a normal rate and I couldn't figure out why it was happening.

Well in my recent Nubia came I encountered that event again, only this time it wasn't an incestuous marriage. That got me thinking that it had nothing to do with inbreeding so I started thinking about what could be causing this event to fire because outside of that one Zoroastrian game this is the only time I've ever seen it happen and it only happened once and I think I might've figured out why it happens and more importantly why it happened so often in my Zoroastrian play.

They hate each other. I mean, it's pretty straight forward now that I think about it. Obvious they're unhappy if they're married to someone they hate, say a rival or someone of entirely different culture and religion with polar opposite traits. They hate each other, so the event fires. But then that just begs the question: why did it happen so often in my Zoroastrian game?

Simple: they're all title claimants. All your children are born with claims on your titles - they have these even before you die. Title claimants fucking hate each other no matter what. Add that to any existing opinion modifiers such as polar opposite traits, rivalries developed during childhood, or even just temporary modifiers from random events and you have two people who hate each other's guts. I figure the more they hate each other, the more likely the event is to trigger. And it's not just limited to your kids either, because you're automatically the de facto head of your dynasty so any dynasty member in your court who you marry to someone they don't like without them leaving your court may have a chance of triggering this event, thus potentially ensuring a good chunk of your relatives may not produce any offspring unless you annul the marriage.

Or at least, that's my current theory. I suppose I could test it to see for sure.

This is the first time I have ever heard of that event and I am mid way through a Zoroastrian game.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.



The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

User avatar
Serrus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1272
Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Serrus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:08 pm

OK speed update on my Aquitaine run:
Never seen this before.
And Esteve does work, kicks ass, and fulfills ambitions. Also I was trying to dispose of a Capet king due to his claiming my stuff. Rivalry duels didn't do it, assassination plots didn't do it, but it turns out rivalry wars end with the loser imprisoned. I decided to settle the claims thing with a friendly game of hangman. End result is 1 underage daughter ruling france, and a claim revolt with a bit over 4 times their numbers pushing in. I have only one more province to take and the claims are gone for good, with my borders cleansed. Next thing I'm going for is sainthood.
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41500
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:12 pm

Serrus wrote:OK speed update on my Aquitaine run:
Never seen this before.
And Esteve does work, kicks ass, and fulfills ambitions. Also I was trying to dispose of a Capet king due to his claiming my stuff. Rivalry duels didn't do it, assassination plots didn't do it, but it turns out rivalry wars end with the loser imprisoned. I decided to settle the claims thing with a friendly game of hangman. End result is 1 underage daughter ruling france, and a claim revolt with a bit over 4 times their numbers pushing in. I have only one more province to take and the claims are gone for good, with my borders cleansed. Next thing I'm going for is sainthood.

Well done on the bloodline. Ive seen the "Price of Decadence" revolt a couple of times, its always entertaining. I even saw it happen to the Abbasids once or twice which is sooooooooo good
Scary Spooky Leftist #19879417 An Atheist Irishman from Belfast Loyal to Dragonstone and the King in the Narrow Sea
Yeh: The Red Agenda, Purging the Xenos, Not being a prick, Vidya Gaemz, Art, Science, History, Old Gregg, Blondes, Redheads, Tattooed girls, Erecting fortifications, Tanks.
Neh: The Blue Agenda, Being a prick, Xenos, Racism, National/Religious wankery, Zealots, Gatekeeping, Alt-right/SJW Snowflakes, Random lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Cabbage.

User avatar
Renoa
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1453
Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Renoa » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:29 pm

Serrus wrote:OK speed update on my Aquitaine run:
Never seen this before.
And Esteve does work, kicks ass, and fulfills ambitions. Also I was trying to dispose of a Capet king due to his claiming my stuff. Rivalry duels didn't do it, assassination plots didn't do it, but it turns out rivalry wars end with the loser imprisoned. I decided to settle the claims thing with a friendly game of hangman. End result is 1 underage daughter ruling france, and a claim revolt with a bit over 4 times their numbers pushing in. I have only one more province to take and the claims are gone for good, with my borders cleansed. Next thing I'm going for is sainthood.

It feels like it's a coin flip if Prince of Decadence happens in my games. If it happens, it seems to happen every 30 years or so and the Crusaders run free. If it doesn't happen, the Abbasids blob like no one's business and end up crippling Christianity before 1150.
I'm the Paradox Thread's Self-Appointed Court Chaplain. Don't tell Huskar, even though someone already did.
Sapin Military District wrote:If god doesn't exist, then why does a tissue pop up every time you take the old one out of the box?

Benomia 3 wrote: Well if we're sharing our feelings now, I feel that royal purple is a fine color, but sadly underused in modern fashion.
Pro: Emo revival, fighting climate change, the New Orleans Saints, thick thighs, Mean Girls
Anti: Egos larger than my own, Eurocentrism, most seafood, the designated hitter rule, the Atlanta Falcons

User avatar
Serrus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1272
Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Serrus » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:21 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Serrus wrote:OK speed update on my Aquitaine run:
Never seen this before.
And Esteve does work, kicks ass, and fulfills ambitions. Also I was trying to dispose of a Capet king due to his claiming my stuff. Rivalry duels didn't do it, assassination plots didn't do it, but it turns out rivalry wars end with the loser imprisoned. I decided to settle the claims thing with a friendly game of hangman. End result is 1 underage daughter ruling france, and a claim revolt with a bit over 4 times their numbers pushing in. I have only one more province to take and the claims are gone for good, with my borders cleansed. Next thing I'm going for is sainthood.

Well done on the bloodline. Ive seen the "Price of Decadence" revolt a couple of times, its always entertaining. I even saw it happen to the Abbasids once or twice which is sooooooooo good

I'm glad you're proud of me!
And hey, this was a useful revolt, broke up the Aftasid scaryblob
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

User avatar
The Imperial Reach
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1293
Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Reach » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:28 pm

Purpelia wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:Okay so I don't know if anyone remembers this but a while back I was having a problem in a Zoroastrian play I was doing where I kept trying to marry my kids to each other (because Zoroastrian) but I kept getting this event trigger where one of them would complain that they hated their new spouse and wanted the marriage annulled and refusing to do so risked having them pick a secret lover, go celibate, or some other bad thing I can't remember and most of them became celibate and it was fucking with my dynasty because it's already hard enough for incestuous couples to procreate like the game actively inhibits their ability to do so at a normal rate and I couldn't figure out why it was happening.

Well in my recent Nubia came I encountered that event again, only this time it wasn't an incestuous marriage. That got me thinking that it had nothing to do with inbreeding so I started thinking about what could be causing this event to fire because outside of that one Zoroastrian game this is the only time I've ever seen it happen and it only happened once and I think I might've figured out why it happens and more importantly why it happened so often in my Zoroastrian play.

They hate each other. I mean, it's pretty straight forward now that I think about it. Obvious they're unhappy if they're married to someone they hate, say a rival or someone of entirely different culture and religion with polar opposite traits. They hate each other, so the event fires. But then that just begs the question: why did it happen so often in my Zoroastrian game?

Simple: they're all title claimants. All your children are born with claims on your titles - they have these even before you die. Title claimants fucking hate each other no matter what. Add that to any existing opinion modifiers such as polar opposite traits, rivalries developed during childhood, or even just temporary modifiers from random events and you have two people who hate each other's guts. I figure the more they hate each other, the more likely the event is to trigger. And it's not just limited to your kids either, because you're automatically the de facto head of your dynasty so any dynasty member in your court who you marry to someone they don't like without them leaving your court may have a chance of triggering this event, thus potentially ensuring a good chunk of your relatives may not produce any offspring unless you annul the marriage.

Or at least, that's my current theory. I suppose I could test it to see for sure.

This is the first time I have ever heard of that event and I am mid way through a Zoroastrian game.


Really? Well I guess I just have shit luck then...
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

User avatar
The Imperial Reach
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1293
Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Reach » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:45 pm

Nomads are the worst neighbors. Literally the worst.

They stack entire armies of horse archers to wipe out armies three times their size without effort, they try to raid your provinces at least once a year and never leave you alone, 70% of the eligible wives for your male dynasty members are their daughters/mothers/cousins/sisters/kinswomen/nieces/aunts/random courtiers, they always shoot you marriage requests wanting your 19 year old daughter for their 46 year old relative who will inherit nothing and won't even get you an alliance for the trouble, half the nomad provinces you conquer you won't get to flip to feudal before you die so you end up having to re-conquer them with your successor, they always refuse to convert to your religion when you send missionaries but will gladly convert to literally any other religion that sends their own missionaries, they're rich as fuck from all the tributary wars they wage, their provinces are always massive and empty so it takes a whole month just to get through one province, they're constantly imploding and creating the absolute worse bordergore in the process, making them tributaries doesn't stop their vassals from trying to raid you anyway, every time you think you've secured an alliance with one he suddenly dies and none of his sons inherit anything, and about once every 3-5 years some rando nobody jackass from some rando nobody khan's court sets out to be an adventurer and of-fucking-course he targets you.

I am currently waging an anti-Nomadic genocide in my current Russian game. When I am finished the steppes of Eurasia will entirely belong to a glorious Feudal Orthodox Russian Empire and never again will the word "nomad" be uttered by any living soul.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8887
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:16 pm

The Imperial Reach wrote:Nomads are the worst neighbors. Literally the worst.

They stack entire armies of horse archers to wipe out armies three times their size without effort, they try to raid your provinces at least once a year and never leave you alone, 70% of the eligible wives for your male dynasty members are their daughters/mothers/cousins/sisters/kinswomen/nieces/aunts/random courtiers, they always shoot you marriage requests wanting your 19 year old daughter for their 46 year old relative who will inherit nothing and won't even get you an alliance for the trouble, half the nomad provinces you conquer you won't get to flip to feudal before you die so you end up having to re-conquer them with your successor, they always refuse to convert to your religion when you send missionaries but will gladly convert to literally any other religion that sends their own missionaries, they're rich as fuck from all the tributary wars they wage, their provinces are always massive and empty so it takes a whole month just to get through one province, they're constantly imploding and creating the absolute worse bordergore in the process, making them tributaries doesn't stop their vassals from trying to raid you anyway, every time you think you've secured an alliance with one he suddenly dies and none of his sons inherit anything, and about once every 3-5 years some rando nobody jackass from some rando nobody khan's court sets out to be an adventurer and of-fucking-course he targets you.

I am currently waging an anti-Nomadic genocide in my current Russian game. When I am finished the steppes of Eurasia will entirely belong to a glorious Feudal Orthodox Russian Empire and never again will the word "nomad" be uttered by any living soul.

Agreed. But you shouldn't hate them that much since the Muslims are doomed to suffer them for all eternity.
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8887
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:25 pm

Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
Kractero
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5089
Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:50 am


that's hot

Makes me want CK3 even more though
Puppet Storage: The Burning Legion

User avatar
The Imperial Reach
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1293
Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Reach » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:51 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:Nomads are the worst neighbors. Literally the worst.

They stack entire armies of horse archers to wipe out armies three times their size without effort, they try to raid your provinces at least once a year and never leave you alone, 70% of the eligible wives for your male dynasty members are their daughters/mothers/cousins/sisters/kinswomen/nieces/aunts/random courtiers, they always shoot you marriage requests wanting your 19 year old daughter for their 46 year old relative who will inherit nothing and won't even get you an alliance for the trouble, half the nomad provinces you conquer you won't get to flip to feudal before you die so you end up having to re-conquer them with your successor, they always refuse to convert to your religion when you send missionaries but will gladly convert to literally any other religion that sends their own missionaries, they're rich as fuck from all the tributary wars they wage, their provinces are always massive and empty so it takes a whole month just to get through one province, they're constantly imploding and creating the absolute worse bordergore in the process, making them tributaries doesn't stop their vassals from trying to raid you anyway, every time you think you've secured an alliance with one he suddenly dies and none of his sons inherit anything, and about once every 3-5 years some rando nobody jackass from some rando nobody khan's court sets out to be an adventurer and of-fucking-course he targets you.

I am currently waging an anti-Nomadic genocide in my current Russian game. When I am finished the steppes of Eurasia will entirely belong to a glorious Feudal Orthodox Russian Empire and never again will the word "nomad" be uttered by any living soul.

Agreed. But you shouldn't hate them that much since the Muslims are doomed to suffer them for all eternity.


That happens once in a blue moon for me. Usually the Nomads end up converting to Islam rather than conquering Muslims. Mongols are the exception, but they conquer everybody between Poland and the Indus so...

I've only seen nomads spread into Islamic areas a few times, usually whenever the Caliphate implodes. Otherwise it's typically the opposite.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

User avatar
Cisairse
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1426
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Cisairse » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:40 pm

I'm playing EU4 again for the first time in about two years. Doing a Venice run where my long-term goal is to restore as much of the Roman Republic as possible.

Unfortunately it seems they've added some weird mechanic where merchant republics get punished for owning more than 20 provinces? That was definitely not there the last time I played EU4, and is really quite annoying.
Last edited by Cisairse on Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

User avatar
Serrus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1272
Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Serrus » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:08 pm

Cisairse wrote:I'm playing EU4 again for the first time in about two years. Doing a Venice run where my long-term goal is to restore as much of the Roman Republic as possible.

Unfortunately it seems they've added some weird mechanic where merchant republics get punished for owning more than 20 provinces? That was definitely not there the last time I played EU4, and is really quite annoying.

It'll be removed next patch
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

User avatar
Cisairse
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1426
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Cisairse » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:51 pm

Serrus wrote:
Cisairse wrote:I'm playing EU4 again for the first time in about two years. Doing a Venice run where my long-term goal is to restore as much of the Roman Republic as possible.

Unfortunately it seems they've added some weird mechanic where merchant republics get punished for owning more than 20 provinces? That was definitely not there the last time I played EU4, and is really quite annoying.

It'll be removed next patch


Wait, seriously?
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

User avatar
Danubian Peoples
Diplomat
 
Posts: 551
Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:04 am

I said I was done with this, but actually no.

So some screenshots from my Abyssinia game. Fortunately the Jin finally stopped being emperors of China, replaced by the Jurchen Han. As such, all of Jin's tributaries became independent. This allowed me to play again, and while it is still boring, at least I can reach 1453 on a high note (and with Abyssinia's name on the map). More details in the imgur album.

EDIT: Also I forgot to mention that a while back, I snatched myself the Iron Crown of Lombardy. I simply invited the courtier who had the artifact on them, and then plotted their demise. Every emperor since has worn it.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

User avatar
Bralia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29670
Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bralia » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:00 am

Romantic slut. Self-deprecating egotist. Benevolent communist.
Wife and queen to King Huskar the Mannis. May his reign be long and great.
Entranced and enchanted by an embrace. In love with locked lips. I cannot lie when I meet your eyes.

User avatar
Serrus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1272
Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Serrus » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:49 am

Cisairse wrote:
Serrus wrote:It'll be removed next patch


Wait, seriously?

Yes. You'll just have less governing capacity. Luckily, that can be upgraded.
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

User avatar
Cisairse
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1426
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Cisairse » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:08 am

Serrus wrote:
Cisairse wrote:
Wait, seriously?

Yes. You'll just have less governing capacity. Luckily, that can be upgraded.


What does "governing capacity" mean?

Also, I'm actually finding it quite fun to spend this game vassal-fueling while only staying one or two provinces over the limit. I'm sure eventually my vassals will reach a combined 100% Venice-strength and I'll have problems, but for now it is fun.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sivutya

Advertisement

Remove ads