NATION

PASSWORD

PDOX Games VIII: [happy guillotine noises]

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Worst Late Game Experience?

HOI4 (Lag and crossing the ocean)
13
52%
CK2 (Completed my objectives long ago)
4
16%
EUIV (No challenge left)
2
8%
VIC2 (REBELS, INFAMY, AND PERMANENT CLAIMS!)
0
No votes
I:R (Even more bland than the early game)
0
No votes
Stellaris (Crises! Empires! Lag!)
6
24%
 
Total votes : 25

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8650
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:02 pm

Renoa wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Acquire fine ass Bogomolist bitches.

Coincidentally, this is what I have tattooed directly above my penis.

I have several questions.
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41325
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:11 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Renoa wrote:Coincidentally, this is what I have tattooed directly above my penis.

I have several questions.


What even is this thread anymore?
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

User avatar
North German Realm
Minister
 
Posts: 3086
Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby North German Realm » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:47 am

Purpelia wrote:Ok everyone. Random question time. What's your favorite CK2 game plan? As in the thing you set out to do in a game.

Generally, it's expansion. When I'm playing Christian, I tend to play a minor Carolingian county, establish control over my de jure county and then kingdom, and then declare independence; at which point I'll begin marrying into power and crusading into prestige and piety. If I'm playing pagan, it's normally leading the reformation, establishing gender equality, and then basically raiding my way into abducting at least three daughters from every single Western and Central European, Middle Eastern, and Northern African duchy(or kingdom or empire).
------------------
------------------
------------------
North Germany
Norddeutschland

Full Overhaul to take effect on 7 December, if luck be willing.
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Legislature || The World
12 December, 1915
Norddeutsche Morgenpost: Attempted Putsch in Wien stopped thanks to timely intervention by the newly-created Austrian Republican Army, Art Student suspected to be ringleader put to jail. || North Germany, France recognize Ukraine, Ruthenia, Livonia as sovereign nations as the last patches of fighting in the Ober Ost finally end. || Croix de guerre created by French monarchy to recognize war efforts by Frenchmen in the Great War. || Chinese President Yuan Shikai declares himself Emperor of China. || Ford produces its first millionth car, demonstrating the inherent superiority of the assembly line.

User avatar
Bralia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29507
Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bralia » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:11 am

Last edited by Bralia on Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Romantic slut. Self-deprecating egotist. Benevolent communist.
Wife and queen to King Huskar the Mannis. May his reign be long and great.
Entranced and enchanted by an embrace. In love with locked lips. I cannot lie when I meet your eyes.

User avatar
Bralia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29507
Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bralia » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:02 am

WHAT THE FUCK!? LATE GAME IMPROVEMENTS? In a Paradox game!? Are the people working on the next EUIV update finally doing something interesting?
Last edited by Bralia on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Romantic slut. Self-deprecating egotist. Benevolent communist.
Wife and queen to King Huskar the Mannis. May his reign be long and great.
Entranced and enchanted by an embrace. In love with locked lips. I cannot lie when I meet your eyes.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 134869
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ifreann » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:10 am

Bralia wrote:WHAT THE FUCK!? LATE GAME IMPROVEMENTS? In a Paradox game!? Are the people working on the next EUIV update finally doing something interesting?

Dem guillotines
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him

Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot
starts

User avatar
Lunas Legion
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29591
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:51 pm

Ifreann wrote:
Bralia wrote:WHAT THE FUCK!? LATE GAME IMPROVEMENTS? In a Paradox game!? Are the people working on the next EUIV update finally doing something interesting?

Dem guillotines


I demand a slider for direct control of the guillotines. Or something.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

User avatar
Danubian Peoples
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 440
Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:17 pm

Hey, so, I splurged and bought all 66 CK2 DLCs. They were on sale so I bought them for half off. That's beside the point though, some features I find easy to work with, Way of Life Foci are really easy to get your head around, warrior lodges give you PCS in the triple digits, Conclave is, conclave I guess, that's stuff is easy. What I don't like is where some of these new features I have access to exist? Wanna play Zoroastrian? Well good luck dealing with the Abbablob. Are you interested in playing pagan? Well the nearest source of moneys is that one feudal county all the way in Germany. I mean, just now I was playing a Kiev game (769, Duchy of Kiev is apparently a good start or something), and I had a pretty decent Ruthenia, my succession was sorted out and I was merely stockpiling piety for religion reform. When suddenly, I'm ambushed by a 10k doomstack of Khazars, I of course lose, my kingdom gets taken away, and my realm is now in pieces-and vassals of my nomad overlords. Seriously how do you deal with nomads? I've tried playing as Kiev a lot (not just Kiev), restarted due to seperate issues unrelated to nomads, but in every game they continously pillage my provinces and destroy my already meager earnings. Which is why my main source of income had been Warrior lodge loot province missions for basically all of those tries. So, I have some questions:

How to deal with nomads?

Warrior lodges for nonpagan religions when?

Strats for reforming pagan faiths?

Reccomended starts to explore new game mechanics?
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

User avatar
The Olog-Hai
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6080
Founded: May 12, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:02 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:Hey, so, I splurged and bought all 66 CK2 DLCs. They were on sale so I bought them for half off. That's beside the point though, some features I find easy to work with, Way of Life Foci are really easy to get your head around, warrior lodges give you PCS in the triple digits, Conclave is, conclave I guess, that's stuff is easy. What I don't like is where some of these new features I have access to exist? Wanna play Zoroastrian? Well good luck dealing with the Abbablob. Are you interested in playing pagan? Well the nearest source of moneys is that one feudal county all the way in Germany. I mean, just now I was playing a Kiev game (769, Duchy of Kiev is apparently a good start or something), and I had a pretty decent Ruthenia, my succession was sorted out and I was merely stockpiling piety for religion reform. When suddenly, I'm ambushed by a 10k doomstack of Khazars, I of course lose, my kingdom gets taken away, and my realm is now in pieces-and vassals of my nomad overlords. Seriously how do you deal with nomads? I've tried playing as Kiev a lot (not just Kiev), restarted due to seperate issues unrelated to nomads, but in every game they continously pillage my provinces and destroy my already meager earnings. Which is why my main source of income had been Warrior lodge loot province missions for basically all of those tries. So, I have some questions:

How to deal with nomads?

Warrior lodges for nonpagan religions when?

Strats for reforming pagan faiths?

Reccomended starts to explore new game mechanics?

Nonpagans, if tribal or nomadic, and bordering a warrior lodge, can have access. However, the reason they don't get lodges is because they tend to have a lot of societies (Hermetics, Assassins, St. Benedict/St. Basil/Dominicans) that pagans don't really have. Common pagan faith reforming strats are easiest for two faiths - Germanic or Hellenic. Germanic pagans, start as Sigurdr Ring in 769 or Bjorn Ironside in 867. Just a few wars away from enough holy sites, then raid. Hellenic is easy only if you're already doing a Roman Empire run. Zunists are a long slog, sometimes, and you need to work fast, because otherwise the Abbablob will eat you. Thankfully, you've got massive attrition. Zoroastrians, typically you make use of the duchies that start with event troops, or swear fealty. Unfamiliar with the other pagan/minority strats (though for Jewish start as the Khazars in 867 and eat your way south). From my experience, playing in Kiev is a pain in the ass because of nomads since you're right next door. The only way to deal with nomads, really, is good troops, and that's hard for tribals/pagans (though make good use of those piety/prestige retinues). There's a lot you can play to experience new game mechanics.
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8650
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:17 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Dem guillotines


I demand a slider for direct control of the guillotines. Or something.

DIRECT RULE FROM THE GUILLOTINE!
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
Valrifell
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22416
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valrifell » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:09 pm

Ifreann wrote:
Bralia wrote:WHAT THE FUCK!? LATE GAME IMPROVEMENTS? In a Paradox game!? Are the people working on the next EUIV update finally doing something interesting?

Dem guillotines


I'm a simple man, I see guillotines, I am happy.
I like to imagine Sisyphus happy
I did some things

User avatar
Bralia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29507
Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bralia » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Romantic slut. Self-deprecating egotist. Benevolent communist.
Wife and queen to King Huskar the Mannis. May his reign be long and great.
Entranced and enchanted by an embrace. In love with locked lips. I cannot lie when I meet your eyes.

User avatar
Bralia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29507
Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bralia » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:06 am

Romantic slut. Self-deprecating egotist. Benevolent communist.
Wife and queen to King Huskar the Mannis. May his reign be long and great.
Entranced and enchanted by an embrace. In love with locked lips. I cannot lie when I meet your eyes.

User avatar
Lunas Legion
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29591
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:00 am

Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 134869
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ifreann » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:42 am


[happy guillotine noises]
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him

Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot
starts

User avatar
Bralia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29507
Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bralia » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:36 am

Ifreann wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
Bralia you forgot the best part. Direct Control of the Guillotine.

[happy guillotine noises]

It's been a while since I've identified a good thread title, myself, I don't normally have the eye for it. But this stands out. This right here is something we can all get behind.
Last edited by Bralia on Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Romantic slut. Self-deprecating egotist. Benevolent communist.
Wife and queen to King Huskar the Mannis. May his reign be long and great.
Entranced and enchanted by an embrace. In love with locked lips. I cannot lie when I meet your eyes.

User avatar
Bralia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29507
Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bralia » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:11 am

Romantic slut. Self-deprecating egotist. Benevolent communist.
Wife and queen to King Huskar the Mannis. May his reign be long and great.
Entranced and enchanted by an embrace. In love with locked lips. I cannot lie when I meet your eyes.

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40563
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:20 am


Im personally a fan of strong independent ducal women who conquer their own realms.
Scary Spooky Leftist #19879417 An Atheist Irishman from Belfast Loyal to Dragonstone and the King in the Narrow Sea
Yeh: The Red Agenda, Purging the Xenos, Not being a prick, Vidya Gaemz, Art, Science, History, Old Gregg, Blondes, Redheads, Tattooed girls, Erecting fortifications, Tanks.
Neh: The Blue Agenda, Being a prick, Xenos, Racism, National/Religious wankery, Zealots, Gatekeeping, Alt-right/SJW Snowflakes, Random lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Cabbage.

User avatar
North German Realm
Minister
 
Posts: 3086
Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby North German Realm » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:28 am


I don't know. I mean, it's certainly a fresh change of air that the spouse can do things other than sit there, be pretty, and provide spawn. I wonder if this gives polygamous religions/heresies(?)/cultures an upper hand though. That said, other than this (and the addition of Bishops into the council and the fact that I don't have to throw coin at the count of some fucking borderland I only erected so I didn't have to do all the fighting myself so I can change my succession law) not much was actually new. Though then again, the next DD is going to be interesting, what with the portraits and all.
------------------
------------------
------------------
North Germany
Norddeutschland

Full Overhaul to take effect on 7 December, if luck be willing.
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Legislature || The World
12 December, 1915
Norddeutsche Morgenpost: Attempted Putsch in Wien stopped thanks to timely intervention by the newly-created Austrian Republican Army, Art Student suspected to be ringleader put to jail. || North Germany, France recognize Ukraine, Ruthenia, Livonia as sovereign nations as the last patches of fighting in the Ober Ost finally end. || Croix de guerre created by French monarchy to recognize war efforts by Frenchmen in the Great War. || Chinese President Yuan Shikai declares himself Emperor of China. || Ford produces its first millionth car, demonstrating the inherent superiority of the assembly line.

User avatar
Valrifell
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22416
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valrifell » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:44 pm

I've never been more excited to play EU4.

I want to achieve my lifelong goal of consolidating the HRE into one nation, and then making it go revolutionary.

This expandion/update is perfect.
I like to imagine Sisyphus happy
I did some things

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 134869
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ifreann » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:25 pm

Valrifell wrote:I've never been more excited to play EU4.

I want to achieve my lifelong goal of consolidating the HRE into one nation, and then making it go revolutionary.

This expandion/update is perfect.

Huge Revolutionary Empire
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him

Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot
starts

User avatar
Eternal Lotharia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11325
Founded: Dec 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Eternal Lotharia » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:49 pm

I honestly want Victoria 3 or March of the Eagles 2.

DON'T JUDGE ME! :p
#Yang2020
Left-Wing Christian Pro-Life Pragmatic Populist. Oregonian.
A little too obsessed with food.
Farnhamia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:You scare me sometimes, Loth.

"Local Candidate Admits To Enjoying Human Flesh; Police Seeking Missing Family Members"

User avatar
Danubian Peoples
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 440
Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:52 pm

Funnily enough, the realm didn't explode on Gallu's death.

This is the (as of now) final post about my Oliagstra campaign, downloading all 66 DLCs prompts a notification telling me that I probably shouldn't load up this save. Okeri here is actually Gallu's grandson, his father inherited some lands outside the realm (I tended to marry landed rulers in this campaign, well that and rulers who had claims). Upon Gallu's death, Okeri inherited all of his predecessor's lands, but then his father, Gallu II, inherited Hungary and brought his late mother's territories in Germany to the realm. This drastically reduced the number of vassals I had deal with, which is good, and if I ever wanted to become king of Hungary again, since I was Gallu II's firstborn, if my father died (in fact I think was plotting that when I took this screenshot) I would inherit the kingdom and the vassal-lord relationship would go back to roughly status quo ante bellum. In the meantime Okeri holy warred even more of Byzantium (the incumbent heretic won the three-way civil war, clearly didn't win the Jihad despite 70k troops though). I guess with Byzantium looking closer and closer to a collapse, I'll be the new defender of Europe soon? Oh and BTW I had another one of those eternal crusades for Egypt in this save, except I didn't participate so Catholics and Sunnis just butted heads in North Africa for like, a long time before the latter won. That's one benefit to being Orthodox. You're exempt from crusades and really the pope in general. If I were Catholic, I'd be excommunicated ten rulers over in this save, at least until Spoleto became de jure part of Sardinia and Corsica. Overall this run was pretty fun, had a few ups and downs and each ruler occasionally has a unique epithet for me to remember my antics then. For instance, I talked about a Hungary campaign (a military campaign) that went terribly sour? Well the queen in charge of that got called 'the careless' after the claims and the wars sent the realm into debt. The marraige-making/crown-collecting I pulled off here was a relatively new concept to me. When I watched that CK2 guide it told me to marry good stewardship women, either that or ones with desirable genetics. This is how I played Steirmark, and this is how I played Ireland. Speaking of Ireland, I had basically landed all my dynastic relatives (another tip I learned, found that it was easier to culture and religion convert them instead) with random Irish counties, so matrilineal marraiges inevitably turned to marrying far-removed 'kinsmen' and my dynasty became a prestige printing machine due to the prestige bonus you get from marrying presitgious dynaties.

EDIT: Well I certainly won't be judging you. Count me in on your wanting!

EDIT 2: I've heard that Catholic MA tends to tank because the emperor/s of Western Europe really don't like putting up with the popes and install antipopes for their own realms. I've experienced antipopes before in my Steiermark games, and I'm assuming its pretty common for you guys. If so, then why is it that whenever I bother to check, Catholic MA is typically way up there, and heresies are at a minimum? I've read horror stories of religion view maps that could be passed of as Jackson Pollock paintings, every other province being some Catholic heresy. I'm guessing this is only a 769/867 thing, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8650
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:30 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:Funnily enough, the realm didn't explode on Gallu's death.

This is the (as of now) final post about my Oliagstra campaign, downloading all 66 DLCs prompts a notification telling me that I probably shouldn't load up this save. Okeri here is actually Gallu's grandson, his father inherited some lands outside the realm (I tended to marry landed rulers in this campaign, well that and rulers who had claims). Upon Gallu's death, Okeri inherited all of his predecessor's lands, but then his father, Gallu II, inherited Hungary and brought his late mother's territories in Germany to the realm. This drastically reduced the number of vassals I had deal with, which is good, and if I ever wanted to become king of Hungary again, since I was Gallu II's firstborn, if my father died (in fact I think was plotting that when I took this screenshot) I would inherit the kingdom and the vassal-lord relationship would go back to roughly status quo ante bellum. In the meantime Okeri holy warred even more of Byzantium (the incumbent heretic won the three-way civil war, clearly didn't win the Jihad despite 70k troops though). I guess with Byzantium looking closer and closer to a collapse, I'll be the new defender of Europe soon? Oh and BTW I had another one of those eternal crusades for Egypt in this save, except I didn't participate so Catholics and Sunnis just butted heads in North Africa for like, a long time before the latter won. That's one benefit to being Orthodox. You're exempt from crusades and really the pope in general. If I were Catholic, I'd be excommunicated ten rulers over in this save, at least until Spoleto became de jure part of Sardinia and Corsica. Overall this run was pretty fun, had a few ups and downs and each ruler occasionally has a unique epithet for me to remember my antics then. For instance, I talked about a Hungary campaign (a military campaign) that went terribly sour? Well the queen in charge of that got called 'the careless' after the claims and the wars sent the realm into debt. The marraige-making/crown-collecting I pulled off here was a relatively new concept to me. When I watched that CK2 guide it told me to marry good stewardship women, either that or ones with desirable genetics. This is how I played Steirmark, and this is how I played Ireland. Speaking of Ireland, I had basically landed all my dynastic relatives (another tip I learned, found that it was easier to culture and religion convert them instead) with random Irish counties, so matrilineal marraiges inevitably turned to marrying far-removed 'kinsmen' and my dynasty became a prestige printing machine due to the prestige bonus you get from marrying presitgious dynaties.

EDIT: Well I certainly won't be judging you. Count me in on your wanting!

EDIT 2: I've heard that Catholic MA tends to tank because the emperor/s of Western Europe really don't like putting up with the popes and install antipopes for their own realms. I've experienced antipopes before in my Steiermark games, and I'm assuming its pretty common for you guys. If so, then why is it that whenever I bother to check, Catholic MA is typically way up there, and heresies are at a minimum? I've read horror stories of religion view maps that could be passed of as Jackson Pollock paintings, every other province being some Catholic heresy. I'm guessing this is only a 769/867 thing, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

yeah its a 769/867 thing. By 1066 heresies are dead in the catholic world aside from the occasional random spawn and rapid revolts
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
Valrifell
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22416
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valrifell » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:35 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Danubian Peoples wrote:Funnily enough, the realm didn't explode on Gallu's death.

This is the (as of now) final post about my Oliagstra campaign, downloading all 66 DLCs prompts a notification telling me that I probably shouldn't load up this save. Okeri here is actually Gallu's grandson, his father inherited some lands outside the realm (I tended to marry landed rulers in this campaign, well that and rulers who had claims). Upon Gallu's death, Okeri inherited all of his predecessor's lands, but then his father, Gallu II, inherited Hungary and brought his late mother's territories in Germany to the realm. This drastically reduced the number of vassals I had deal with, which is good, and if I ever wanted to become king of Hungary again, since I was Gallu II's firstborn, if my father died (in fact I think was plotting that when I took this screenshot) I would inherit the kingdom and the vassal-lord relationship would go back to roughly status quo ante bellum. In the meantime Okeri holy warred even more of Byzantium (the incumbent heretic won the three-way civil war, clearly didn't win the Jihad despite 70k troops though). I guess with Byzantium looking closer and closer to a collapse, I'll be the new defender of Europe soon? Oh and BTW I had another one of those eternal crusades for Egypt in this save, except I didn't participate so Catholics and Sunnis just butted heads in North Africa for like, a long time before the latter won. That's one benefit to being Orthodox. You're exempt from crusades and really the pope in general. If I were Catholic, I'd be excommunicated ten rulers over in this save, at least until Spoleto became de jure part of Sardinia and Corsica. Overall this run was pretty fun, had a few ups and downs and each ruler occasionally has a unique epithet for me to remember my antics then. For instance, I talked about a Hungary campaign (a military campaign) that went terribly sour? Well the queen in charge of that got called 'the careless' after the claims and the wars sent the realm into debt. The marraige-making/crown-collecting I pulled off here was a relatively new concept to me. When I watched that CK2 guide it told me to marry good stewardship women, either that or ones with desirable genetics. This is how I played Steirmark, and this is how I played Ireland. Speaking of Ireland, I had basically landed all my dynastic relatives (another tip I learned, found that it was easier to culture and religion convert them instead) with random Irish counties, so matrilineal marraiges inevitably turned to marrying far-removed 'kinsmen' and my dynasty became a prestige printing machine due to the prestige bonus you get from marrying presitgious dynaties.

EDIT: Well I certainly won't be judging you. Count me in on your wanting!

EDIT 2: I've heard that Catholic MA tends to tank because the emperor/s of Western Europe really don't like putting up with the popes and install antipopes for their own realms. I've experienced antipopes before in my Steiermark games, and I'm assuming its pretty common for you guys. If so, then why is it that whenever I bother to check, Catholic MA is typically way up there, and heresies are at a minimum? I've read horror stories of religion view maps that could be passed of as Jackson Pollock paintings, every other province being some Catholic heresy. I'm guessing this is only a 769/867 thing, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

yeah its a 769/867 thing. By 1066 heresies are dead in the catholic world aside from the occasional random spawn and rapid revolts


It's so deeply frustrating watching the Catholic world fuck over itself constantly in 867. I mean, vikings are already stretching the MA thin with their raids, we really don't need six antipopes over the past ten years and four fucking cadaver synods in a row.
I like to imagine Sisyphus happy
I did some things

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads