NATION

PASSWORD

Troll under the SC bridge

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Troll under the SC bridge

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:54 am

viewtopic.php?p=4416989#p4416989

"Bibly Boy" crosses the line from mere snark to trolling, as does the inexplicable fixation on the guy's religion, Replace "Christian" with "Jewish" and the prejudice can plainly be seen.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:56 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=4416989#p4416989

"Bibly Boy" crosses the line from mere snark to trolling, as does the inexplicable fixation on the guy's religion, Replace "Christian" with "Jewish" and the prejudice can plainly be seen.

"An embarrassment to the @@RELIGION@@ faith" --and-- "The @@RELIGION@@ faith is embarrassing"... are two vastly different statements, the former showing some respect for the actual faith, but suggesting (in perhaps a snarky way) that the application of the faith is wayward.
Last edited by Unibot II on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Czardas
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:00 pm

Doesn't seem actionable to me.
30 | she/her | USA | ✡︎ | ☭ | ♫

I have devised a truly marvelous signature, which this textblock is too small to contain

New Leicestershire
Attaché

Founded: Mar 30, 2007
Capitalist Paradise

Postby New Leicestershire » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:21 pm

Czardas wrote:Doesn't seem actionable to me.

Maybe, but what if he had said "Oh, cry him a river, Torah boy. Just be glad you haven't done anything else that embarasses the Jewish faith."

Or, "Meh... Orthodox Judaism? Almost wholly. Most of Judaism? In no way."

See how changing the name of the group makes it sound, you know, worse?

Is it okay to troll the group known as "Fundamentalist Christians", so long as you don't troll all "Christians"?

Czardas
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:54 pm

New Leicestershire wrote:
Czardas wrote:Doesn't seem actionable to me.

Maybe, but what if he had said "Oh, cry him a river, Torah boy. Just be glad you haven't done anything else that embarasses the Jewish faith."

Or, "Meh... Orthodox Judaism? Almost wholly. Most of Judaism? In no way."

See how changing the name of the group makes it sound, you know, worse?

... no?

Is it okay to troll the group known as "Fundamentalist Christians", so long as you don't troll all "Christians"?

Neither group is being trolled.

There is a difference between insulting Christianity and insulting Christians. One is a semi-abstract concept, the other is a demographic group only arbitrarily different from any other.
30 | she/her | USA | ✡︎ | ☭ | ♫

I have devised a truly marvelous signature, which this textblock is too small to contain

Return to Moderation