NATION

PASSWORD

Flamebait, I presume.

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Angleter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Flamebait, I presume.

Postby Angleter » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Someone seems to be labelling someone a Nazi, and associating them with anti-Semitism and genocide, based on the false idea that discussing the Nazis is against the rules on this forum (which may count as using mods as a weapon)- linked is perhaps one of the more colourful posts.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=83889&p=4100993#p4100993

Also, copycat thread.
Last edited by Angleter on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]"I gotta tell you, this is just crazy, huh! This is just nuts, OK! Jeezo man."

Freisharf
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Freisharf » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:47 pm

That's it, report the dissenter to the secret police. Never heard that one before.

Last edited by Freisharf on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on my LAST warning before becoming DOS. So if you see me put a toe out of line, please ensure that you report it to the moderation team with all possible haste! :)

Angleter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Angleter » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:45 pm

I refer the Right Honourable Moderators to the above post as yet another example.
[align=center]"I gotta tell you, this is just crazy, huh! This is just nuts, OK! Jeezo man."

Ballsdick
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ballsdick » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:47 pm

Angleter wrote:I refer the Right Honourable Moderators to the above post as yet another example.

Right?

Honourable?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:09 pm

Freisharf wrote:That's it, report the dissenter to the secret police. Never heard that one before.

Freisharf, I please as you to stop the flaming. It'll get you nothing but a ban, and possibly a DEAT. Please stop. Sorry for spamming moderation, won't do it again.
Last edited by Dread Lady Nathicana on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Puppetmaster for Hashemite Arabiyah

Sebytania
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebytania » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:29 pm

Now I'm not a frequent customer of Moderation, but... Please? He was vaguely funny for the first few posts of the thread, but this doesn't make any sense any more.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=83889&p=4102155#p4102155

Not that the thread itself (or the "discussion" in it) would be that serious or anything, but this gets in the way of that too.

Czardas
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:35 pm

Seems to have been addressed. *frowns in DLN's general direction*
30 | she/her | USA | ✡︎ | ☭ | ♫

I have devised a truly marvelous signature, which this textblock is too small to contain

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:35 pm

Addressed. *looks at Czardas apologetically*
Last edited by Dread Lady Nathicana on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Copenhagen Metropolis
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Copenhagen Metropolis » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:38 pm

I'm not usually the one to request mod intervention, but this guy consistently breaks the rules and continues to do so even after having been notified of it.

Freisharf wrote:Nazis are banned on nsg you evil bigoted racist

Freisharf wrote:Oh, so that means it's FINE for the germans to do it? you disgust me

Freisharf wrote:You can't tell me what to do man. Telling people what to do Is a very Nazi way of life. Go back to your gas chambers you evil anti-semite!

Freisharf wrote:Yeah that's it. Defend the nazis, man. Defend the nazis. Hitler would be proud.

Freisharf wrote:NAZI

Freisharf wrote:It's max barry who makes the rules, not me. You fascist pig.

Copenhagen Metropolis wrote:Ironically, for one who acts like he knows the rules, you are also the one breaking them. Trolling/flaming/flamebaiting is against the rules of NS – talking about, or mentioning Nazis is not.

Freisharf wrote:
Copenhagen Metropolis wrote:ronically, for one who acts like he knows the rules, you are also the one breaking them. Trolling/flaming/flamebaiting is against the rules of NS – talking about, or mentioning Nazis is not.

stop trolling

Freisharf wrote:

Freisharf wrote:
South Asia Minor wrote:Picspam, boyo.
]
WE GOT A LIVE ONE HERE

EDIT: ninja'd. Guess my post is irrelevant now that it has already been taken care of.
Last edited by Copenhagen Metropolis on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:38 pm

It has been addressed, thank you.

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Freisharf wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:*** Final Warning before DOS status *** There won't be another, since you've worked so very very hard for it.

I'll be sure to think long and hard about every post I make from now on your majesty.

Actionable?
Puppetmaster for Hashemite Arabiyah

Freisharf
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Freisharf » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:42 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:
Freisharf wrote:I'll be sure to think long and hard about every post I make from now on your majesty.

Actionable?

If this is actionable then really it's no loss to be DOS.

Seriously, how is that actionable
I'm on my LAST warning before becoming DOS. So if you see me put a toe out of line, please ensure that you report it to the moderation team with all possible haste! :)

Zukariaa
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Zukariaa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:44 pm

This site seriously encourages its members to turn on each other so they can get brownie points by reporting 'rule breakers'.
05/04/09 - Jaredcohenia - Unjustly deleted
HIM Emperor Conrad II, Blessed of the Gods, Licensed Barber, etc etc
The Empire of Zukariaa
SICON Member | Mannheim Cooperative Signatory | Zukariaa Fanclub Leader

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:47 pm

Zukariaa wrote:This site seriously encourages its members to turn on each other so they can get brownie points by reporting 'rule breakers'.

Some folks just can't resist commenting where their comments are not only unhelpful but unwanted. *** Warned *** for spamming in Moderation.

Sharf can hold whatever illusions he likes, so long as he doesn't break the rules when posting. A sad attempt at snark isn't likely to be actionable.

Freisharf
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Freisharf » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:A sad attempt at snark isn't likely to be actionable.

The mods indulge in it too often for sad attempts at snark to be actionable.

Zukariaa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Zukariaa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:
Zukariaa wrote:This site seriously encourages its members to turn on each other so they can get brownie points by reporting 'rule breakers'.

Some folks just can't resist commenting where their comments are not only unhelpful but unwanted. *** Warned *** for spamming in Moderation.

Sharf can hold whatever illusions he likes, so long as he doesn't break the rules when posting. A sad attempt at snark isn't likely to be actionable.

How is that warnable? This is ridiculous. You're trying to force people not to question the establishment at all.

Don't I have to post more than one for it to be spam? I SINGLE POST is spam?
Last edited by Zukariaa on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Zukariaa

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:58 pm

Freisharf wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:A sad attempt at snark isn't likely to be actionable.

The mods indulge in it too often for sad attempts at snark to be actionable.

Unless you are going to appeal the ruling, please leave.

Zukariaa wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Some folks just can't resist commenting where their comments are not only unhelpful but unwanted. *** Warned *** for spamming in Moderation.

How is that warnable? This is ridiculous. You're trying to force people not to question the establishment at all.

I would refer you to the rules where it notes that unless you are making a report, responding to a report on yourself, or have relievant information to add, you should not be posting in Moderation. Doing so is viewed as spam and is warnable for that.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Zukariaa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Zukariaa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:59 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Freisharf wrote:The mods indulge in it too often for sad attempts at snark to be actionable.

Unless you are going to appeal the ruling, please leave.

Zukariaa wrote:How is that warnable? This is ridiculous. You're trying to force people not to question the establishment at all.

I would refer you to the rules where it notes that unless you are making a report, responding to a report on yourself, or have relievant information to add, you should not be posting in Moderation. Doing so is viewed as spam and is warnable for that.

One post is warnable? Seriously? This moderation staff is seriously obnoxious.
The Empire of Zukariaa

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:04 pm

Zukariaa wrote:
NERVUN wrote:Unless you are going to appeal the ruling, please leave.

One post is warnable? Seriously? This moderation staff is seriously obnoxious.

Seriously, what part of

Spamming Moderation: While the Moderators appriciate the help of the players, certain posts are not considered helpful. These include "Me too!", random comments, and attempts to either start, or continue, an argument. These posts are considered spam and since they interfere with other players receiving help they will result in a warning or a day long ban.

was not clear? You agreed to follow the rules when you joined here, those have been posted for quite sometime. They are sticked up at the top of Moderation and are refered to in the READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING IN MODERATION thread. Ignorance of the rules is not exactly an excuse when we do everything but hit players over the head with them.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Derkachuj
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Derkachuj » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Of course, any post anywhere or any use of an image is arbitrarily spam or picspam

though, you can avoid that by beeing a bootlick

nice system you have there
Last edited by Derkachuj on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zukariaa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Zukariaa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:07 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Zukariaa wrote:One post is warnable? Seriously? This moderation staff is seriously obnoxious.

Seriously, what part of

Spamming Moderation: While the Moderators appriciate the help of the players, certain posts are not considered helpful. These include "Me too!", random comments, and attempts to either start, or continue, an argument. These posts are considered spam and since they interfere with other players receiving help they will result in a warning or a day long ban.

was not clear? You agreed to follow the rules when you joined here, those have been posted for quite sometime. They are sticked up at the top of Moderation and are refered to in the READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING IN MODERATION thread. Ignorance of the rules is not exactly an excuse when we do everything but hit players over the head with them.

Okay, I understand what you're saying Mr. Serious, but my point is that one post should not be considered spam and should not be warnable. Even if I brought this up somewhere you'd just warn me or ban me for spamming in moderation, so what exactly am I supposed to do if I'm unhappy with your dumb rules? Take it like a bitch? I actually like being able to freely do things on a site I've actively contributed to for over four years.
The Empire of Zukariaa

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Derkachuj wrote:

Of course, any post anywhere or any use of an image is arbitrarily spam or picspam

though, you can avoid that by beeing a bootlick

nice system you have there

And you can join in with a *** warning for spamming Moderation ***.

Since the original complaint has been addressed and everyone else seems to just want to collect warnings for some reason, iLock.

If Freisharf wishes to appeal Nathi's warning, he may submit a Getting Help Request.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Zukariaa wrote:
NERVUN wrote:Seriously, what part of

Okay, I understand what you're saying Mr. Serious, but my point is that one post should not be considered spam and should not be warnable. Even if I brought this up somewhere you'd just warn me or ban me for spamming in moderation, so what exactly am I supposed to do if I'm unhappy with your dumb rules? Take it like a bitch? I actually like being able to freely do things on a site I've actively contributed to for over four years.

And to answer since this is a legit question, if you have an issue with the rules, you can start a thread in Moderation stating why you feel such and such rule is unjust. If you feel that you have been unjustly warned, you can appeal it through the appeals process (Also outlined in the rules). If you've been here for four years, you should know that by now.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation