NATION

PASSWORD

[QUERY] Is this against the rules?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
User avatar
Ashonina
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Apr 06, 2026
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[QUERY] Is this against the rules?

Postby Ashonina » Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:48 pm

Hello, I was participating in N-day when I noticed a faction called “THE LET OUT” had a statement requesting members to use alt accounts for shields in the description, wasn’t sure if that was against the rules or not. Link to faction: https://www.nationstates.net/page=faction/fid=178
My apologies if this is posted in the incorrect board or if making a new topic is not allowed.

User avatar
Might Delete Later
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6727
Founded: Apr 05, 2025
Anarchy

Postby Might Delete Later » Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:54 pm

we srs rn? is this ur first n-day?

User avatar
Insiag
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 16
Founded: Feb 26, 2024
Democratic Socialists

Postby Insiag » Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:57 pm

Puppets are basically mandatory at an extremely large scale, or for R/D, or for card farming, or just for fun. Just don’t WA multi and you can have as many nations as you can maintain.
Autofister is a fanmade ship name for the pair of Cecilia Immergreen and Gigi Murin of HoloEN Justice. Not only do they have a great dynamic as friends, I think it’s a cool ship from a lore wise standpoint, an asexual gremlin and a genitalia-lacking automaton with no need for intimacy.

User avatar
Aethelia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: May 01, 2010
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Aethelia » Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:11 pm

It's a fair question. In many games and on many websites, having multiple accounts is considered cheating and can result in an immediate ban. Why should NS be different? I've been on NS for awhile now and I still don't see any good reason why anyone should need more than one nation. Just have one login and do everything on that, that's how it works everywhere else. Multiple accounts are for ban evaders, scammers, and stalkers.
Last edited by Aethelia on Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kshemarashtram
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 376
Founded: Mar 30, 2026
Autocratic Socialists

Postby Kshemarashtram » Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:14 pm

Aethelia wrote:It's a fair question. In many games and on many websites, having multiple accounts is considered cheating and can result in an immediate ban. Why should NS be different? I've been on NS for awhile now and I still don't see any good reason why anyone should need more than one nation. Just have one login and do everything on that, that's how it works everywhere else. Multiple accounts are for ban evaders, scammers, and stalkers.

That would be the death of R/D gameplay.
Note: This nation is not socialist. Read about this misleading nation classification.
AtaHana wrote:Adults are just kids who think they've grown up

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:Call the doctor - sense of humour transplant required.

User avatar
New Halo
Minister
 
Posts: 3469
Founded: Sep 11, 2024
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Halo » Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:17 pm

Aethelia wrote:It's a fair question. In many games and on many websites, having multiple accounts is considered cheating and can result in an immediate ban. Why should NS be different? I've been on NS for awhile now and I still don't see any good reason why anyone should need more than one nation. Just have one login and do everything on that, that's how it works everywhere else. Multiple accounts are for ban evaders, scammers, and stalkers.

For someone who has been on the website for over a decade you seemingly know nothing about the core gameplay mechanic behind having multiple accounts.
I'll fight for you if it's the last thing I'll do

User avatar
Xiongmaitien
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Mar 17, 2026
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Xiongmaitien » Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:42 pm

As it turns out, there's nothing against the rules to add puppets into factions, that ensures that the factions had the advantage, and as long as it is not violating the rules via script, there's nothing really much to do.
This nations has been there since July 11, 2019. Created after lost password of the old Xiongmaitien, but was recently revived hence the new version was founded on March 17, 2026.

User avatar
Might Delete Later
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6727
Founded: Apr 05, 2025
Anarchy

Postby Might Delete Later » Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:20 am

Aethelia wrote:It's a fair question. In many games and on many websites, having multiple accounts is considered cheating and can result in an immediate ban. Why should NS be different? I've been on NS for awhile now and I still don't see any good reason why anyone should need more than one nation. Just have one login and do everything on that, that's how it works everywhere else. Multiple accounts are for ban evaders, scammers, and stalkers.

where is the harm in having puppet accounts

i for one have multiple for multiple reasons, card farming, alts in other regions I don't have embassies with, when S5 rolls around I can have cool looking cards...

User avatar
Rosettan Overwatch
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1888
Founded: Oct 01, 2024
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Rosettan Overwatch » Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:33 am

Aethelia wrote:-snorp-

I, for one, use alts to store separate factbooks and dispatches. I barely answer anything on them.
The cheating that does exist, and the stalking, are already handled well.

Anyways, as far as I can tell, no. Everyone uses puppets in N-Day.
Për Kosovë! Za Bosnu! // le pone! // Absolute Libertarianism will never work and here's why
Level: FTL, Interstellar
Category: Normal, Dyarchy
Tier: Stellarite
Reach: Moderate
According to the TSI
This nation reflects most of my views - Stratocratic Authoritarian Nuanced.
Rosetta the Pony, furry, avid Grand Strategy player.
>This box is reserved!

Now Playing: Oasis by Jerry Martin | ♫ 0:00 >─●────────< 6:05 [LOOP]
Assistant Lead Coordinator, Raindrop Pact ╫ Overseer, Commonwealth of Rosetta (FORUM & EMBASSY)

User avatar
Gandoor
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10397
Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sun Sep 27, 2026 12:54 pm

Aethelia wrote:It's a fair question. In many games and on many websites, having multiple accounts is considered cheating and can result in an immediate ban. Why should NS be different? I've been on NS for awhile now and I still don't see any good reason why anyone should need more than one nation. Just have one login and do everything on that, that's how it works everywhere else. Multiple accounts are for ban evaders, scammers, and stalkers.

As others have said: that'd be the literal death of R/D and it'd also completely kill off the ability for people who wanna create a new nation because they got a new idea for a nation they wanna develop for worldbuilding and RP purposes to, well, do that.

Like I've got multiple nations with factbooks and lore and stuff I've developed, you really gonna sit here with a straight face and tell me that somehow makes me equivalent to 'ban evaders, scammers, and stalkers'.

Be serious.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
'Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.' - Hebrews 13:8 (NRSVUE)
Flag is currently Cure Sky from Hirogaru Sky Precure
I'm a transfemme enby (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
30 years old
Autistic
Christian
OOC Info

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Director of Moderation
 
Posts: 32377
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Sun Sep 27, 2026 1:52 pm

There are many valid reasons to operate multiple nations; R/D gameplay as already noted, people use them for card farming, roleplayers use them for playing different varieties of nation or colonies, folks into region development might have multiple puppets so each region has a dedicated Governor in-house and so on. There is a discussion underway about capping puppet nations, but at the moment it's only breaking the site rules if more than one puppet is in the WA at the same time.
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎          
     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     
She/Her
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 20 on March 23, 2023!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2026! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

User avatar
Nation states logic
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 129
Founded: Jun 09, 2024
Anarchy

Postby Nation states logic » Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:31 pm

Gandoor wrote:
Aethelia wrote:It's a fair question. In many games and on many websites, having multiple accounts is considered cheating and can result in an immediate ban. Why should NS be different? I've been on NS for awhile now and I still don't see any good reason why anyone should need more than one nation. Just have one login and do everything on that, that's how it works everywhere else. Multiple accounts are for ban evaders, scammers, and stalkers.

As others have said: that'd be the literal death of R/D and it'd also completely kill off the ability for people who wanna create a new nation because they got a new idea for a nation they wanna develop for worldbuilding and RP purposes to, well, do that.

Like I've got multiple nations with factbooks and lore and stuff I've developed, you really gonna sit here with a straight face and tell me that somehow makes me equivalent to 'ban evaders, scammers, and stalkers'.

Be serious.

What happens when you get deat? How will you restart?
Played since 2020

User avatar
Furballland
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 496
Founded: Feb 27, 2019
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Furballland » Sun Sep 27, 2026 4:40 pm

Aethelia wrote:It's a fair question. In many games and on many websites, having multiple accounts is considered cheating and can result in an immediate ban. Why should NS be different? I've been on NS for awhile now and I still don't see any good reason why anyone should need more than one nation. Just have one login and do everything on that, that's how it works everywhere else. Multiple accounts are for ban evaders, scammers, and stalkers.


It doesn't make sense, and someone said that it will be the death of R/D, they are right btw. Also I have hundreds of puppets that are used for card farming, and some puppets are used for lore building, and creating its own storyline. Why anyone should need more than one nation? Because they wanted to if they do it as their choice, and there is nothing wrong with having multiple puppets. The only thing is that as long as you do not cheat through script or multing, it will be just fine, but if you do cheat in WA, you will be ejected from it, or if you use script to answer issues, then you will be banned as stated on OSRS as it is a prohibited action. Rule-abiding people who used puppets for manual card farming, having advantages on their faction, or lore building aren't "ban evaders, scammers, and/or stalkers."
Tuszuvudszkha Deers roaming around and eating what they could find in other homes, besides, we the Furballlandian People, are actively working to create a Liberal Socialist Utopia, and improving lives for working-class citizens, which we kept our promise, and we wanted a stable, and stronger democratic government.

Asumerakilastszag Mahïtriğnaszőva ůhaűbataszagțal

OOC Info: 19 | He/Him | Philippines


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Neo Lunatea, Yerachmeal

Advertisement

Remove ads