NATION

PASSWORD

Change to Bad Faith rule enforcement

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Change to Bad Faith rule enforcement

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:09 pm

The Bad Faith rule has just been changed from:
Bad Faith: It is expected that players post with the intent of making the site a better, more enjoyable place to be - this is good faith posting. Bad faith posting is when a person is no longer interested in this goal, and instead seeks to score points, contributes nothing useful, or is deceitful.

This standard is enforced in the Moderation forum by default as well as Got Issues, and may be declared as applicable by the Moderation Team in other threads elsewhere when said threads involve policy discussions, mechanics discussions, discussions of potential additions/modifications to the game or forum, or other pertinent announcements. These threads, like Moderation "discussion threads," are meant to gauge the opinions of the community and otherwise help better player experience; posting in bad faith in such is detrimental to this process. Please note, in the instance a post is removed for being in bad faith, it is not deleted, but instead moved to the "Evidence Locker" where it may be reviewed if necessary.

to:
Bad Faith: It is expected that players post with the intent of making the site a better, more enjoyable place to be - this is good faith posting. Bad faith posting is when a person is no longer interested in this goal, and instead seeks to score points, contributes nothing useful, or is deceitful.

This standard is enforced in the Moderation forum by default as well as Got Issues, and may be declared as applicable by the Moderation Team in other threads elsewhere when said threads involve policy discussions, mechanics discussions, discussions of potential additions/modifications to the game or forum, or other pertinent announcements. These threads, like Moderation "discussion threads," are meant to gauge the opinions of the community and otherwise help better player experience; posting in bad faith in such is detrimental to this process.

Where this rule is enforced, posts that violate this standard will be removed from the thread to the "Evidence Locker", so the removal can be reviewed by other Moderators if necessary. Players will not be otherwise punished for posting in Bad Faith; however, please note that repeated Bad Faith posting may cross over into spam, flaming or trolling.

I have underlined the additional text.

The Bad Faith rule aims to strike a balance that enables discussion of site policy and Moderation practices, while ensuring those remain constructive. We think that codifying our enforcement practice for Bad Faith posts, to make clear that they result in post removal without further punishment, helps to maintain this balance.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stalin as a DEAT
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 23, 2023
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Stalin as a DEAT » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:42 pm

I’ve always found the Bad faith rule confusing, and afraid of breaking it. Thanks mods!
That’s it I’m done with TCB obsession recovery. #FreeStalinAsAGirl. #FreeStaCol.
TCB obsession status: INACTIVE(possible build up)meanings
Red skies, green fields,
Destroying fascists all the way
People free
Raiders for good
A force for anti-fascism
For the acceleration of communism!
P R A F
Gooo! PRAF!
read the rules(I am not a mod)

Talibanada
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 01, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Talibanada » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:00 pm

I welcome this change; does the revised policy apply to Technical threads also? This is what the GA tech development thread presently reads, underline mine:
Goobergunchia wrote:[snip]

Before we go any further, I want to make clear that the Bad Faith standard is being imposed in this thread. You are expected to post in good faith. If your post is in bad faith, it will be removed and you will likely be warned. In particular, the following is not welcome - questioning why I'm running it (I am, deal with it), dismissing this all as a waste of time, sniping between players, taking me listing any idea below as "under consideration" as a sign that I (or the rest of the staff) are hell-bent on destroying the GA, etc. Don't pick a fight here, you'll lose.

[snip]

There are some comments / concerns I would like to make regarding new game features but I don't want to get in trouble for speaking frankly.
Last edited by Talibanada on Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

F7 Nation
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 20, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby F7 Nation » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:28 pm

Talibanada wrote:I welcome this change; does the revised policy apply to Technical threads also? This is what the GA tech development thread presently reads, underline mine:

Before we go any further, I want to make clear that the Bad Faith standard is being imposed in this thread. You are expected to post in good faith. If your post is in bad faith, it will be removed and you will likely be warned. In particular, the following is not welcome - questioning why I'm running it (I am, deal with it), dismissing this all as a waste of time, sniping between players, taking me listing any idea below as "under consideration" as a sign that I (or the rest of the staff) are hell-bent on destroying the GA, etc. Don't pick a fight here, you'll lose.

[snip]

There are some comments / concerns I would like to make regarding new game features but I don't want to get in trouble for speaking frankly.

/notamod, but I think the mods will get around to that soon, I mean it was only updated 1hr ago
Last edited by F7 Nation on Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simonia made me do this lol

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:29 pm

Talibanada wrote:I welcome this change; does the revised policy apply to Technical threads also? This is what the GA tech development thread presently reads, underline mine:

[snip]

Good spot - I'd updated the reference to it in the Got Issues sticky but hadn't realised the various Development Manager threads needed checking too. I've updated that one and Fris's Moderation DM thread too.

Frank comments and concerns about game changes shouldn't be a problem to raise - it's more than possible to give such commentary in good faith.

Talibanada
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 01, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Talibanada » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:36 pm

Sedgistan wrote:

Good spot - I'd updated the reference to it in the Got Issues sticky but hadn't realised the various Development Manager threads needed checking too. I've updated that one and Fris's Moderation DM thread too.

Frank comments and concerns about game changes shouldn't be a problem to raise - it's more than possible to give such commentary in good faith.

Thank you.

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:51 pm

A good change that's overdue. It's nice to see more codification.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation