NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Ban on the Fascist French Flag?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Syrvanian Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 26, 2022
Ex-Nation

[Q] Ban on the Fascist French Flag?

Postby Syrvanian Republic » Fri May 19, 2023 6:17 pm

Recently I've been doing some research into international fascist movements in the past, and this has been a question nagging at the back of my mind for some time. Considering I recall seeing users with the flag of the Kingdom of Italy, used while Mussolini was in power, I've been wondering if there's any ban on the flag of Fascist France, known more commonly as Vichy France or the French State.

While I understand this is probably a rather silly question, it's one of my many non-shower shower thoughts. I thank you for reading this and for your response ahead of time.
MT/PT Nation Based on Project Altirus

Account not supported or representing the views of Sofa or me.
Basic Info while waiting on factbooks: Population: 148 Million | Military Size: 468,000 | Presidential Democracy
When the Javelin hits just right.
Professional Idiot

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Fri May 19, 2023 6:55 pm

What flag are you talking about exactly? Because the flag of the Third Republic, the French State, the Provisional Government of the French Republic, and the Fourth and Fifth Republics are all the same

Syrvanian Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Syrvanian Republic » Fri May 19, 2023 6:57 pm

Santheres wrote:What flag are you talking about exactly? Because the flag of the Third Republic, the French State, the Provisional Government of the French Republic, and the Fourth and Fifth Republics are all the same

I'm specifically talking about the one often seen in media, pictured below.

(Image resized because it was far larger than I expected)
Last edited by Syrvanian Republic on Fri May 19, 2023 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basic Info while waiting on factbooks: Population: 148 Million | Military Size: 468,000 | Presidential Democracy
Professional Idiot

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Fri May 19, 2023 7:11 pm

Syrvanian Republic wrote:
Santheres wrote:What flag are you talking about exactly? Because the flag of the Third Republic, the French State, the Provisional Government of the French Republic, and the Fourth and Fifth Republics are all the same

I'm specifically talking about the one often seen in media, pictured below.

(Image resized because it was far larger than I expected)

Which, for the record, is Philippe Pétain's personal flag as Chief of the French State, an office only he held for the entirety of its existence.
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Syrvanian Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Syrvanian Republic » Thu May 25, 2023 6:50 am

Don't know if it's allowed to do this on a [Q] but bump.

The entire reason I ask is because I had the idea of a French State Republic, and it'd be used as the flag until the Communists win elections.

Professional Idiot

Syrvanian Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Syrvanian Republic » Fri May 26, 2023 8:28 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:We ban Nazi glorification, not all fascists. Beyond that, I'm not going to rule on an unknown future.

Don't play at being a Nazi.

May that be clarified? As if it is allowed, I would in no way shape or form condone Nazism whether ICly or OOCly, with some of the first things the nation would do on forum being banning any and all Nazist movements, sweeping government reform, and the like.

Professional Idiot

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri May 26, 2023 12:10 pm

Syrvanian Republic wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:We ban Nazi glorification, not all fascists. Beyond that, I'm not going to rule on an unknown future.

Don't play at being a Nazi.

May that be clarified? As if it is allowed, I would in no way shape or form condone Nazism whether ICly or OOCly, with some of the first things the nation would do on forum being banning any and all Nazist movements, sweeping government reform, and the like.

General rule of thumb, if you have to ask it’s probably not ok.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation