NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Various posts in the Roe Overturned thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.

Advertisement

Remove ads

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:12 pm

Sedgistan wrote:
New haven america wrote:So I know why the current OP is the way it is, they posted first and the threads got rolled together.

But tbh, I don't find the current OP appropriate, given that (And especially in the current situation) they've spent the past 5-10 pages threadjacking, celebrating/gloating, and spouting their political manifesto. (Reports for such behavior can be seen above)

Can either the mods or a regular user like Godular take over instead? Thank you.

No - there's nothing wrong with the content of the OP, and there's no ideological requirement to be OP of the thread.

Evidently there actually is because he just got warned for commercialization.

Crazy girl wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=520372&p=39729874#p39729874

:)

2nd opinion requested.
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:39 am

We don't change the OP just because someone gets warned. I see no need to change the OP.

Anglecia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 21, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglecia » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:49 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
The Islands of Versilia wrote:I am pro-life, so I’m happy that R v W has been overturned. However, my issue with it is that there is a significant lack of communal and social services and resources to support (expectant) mothers and couples with the commitment of raising a child. Ideally, abortion wouldn’t even be appealing or necessary for anyone as there should be such services and community and social support to ensure mothers and couples can raise a child without breaking the bank or being otherwise negatively affected. I hope American lawmakers and community leaders understand that more needs to be established in terms of resources and support, rather than keeping (expectant) mothers in the dark or at risk of being negatively affected.

The exact same people who wanted Roe V Wade gone are the ones opposing any sort of services to help such mothers. They even make an active effort to denounce those people as parasites and sluts.

So no. They will not understand. Quite the opposite.

All X are Y, saying that people who support overturning Roe (i.e., pro-lifers) think that pregnant women are all parasites/sluts.
The Republic of Anglecia | Res Pvblica Anglecia
Governed by President Keegan Elliot and Prime Minister Ciaran McColl
He set His King upon the Holy Hill of Zion
A modern constitutional republic comprised of Northern European Protestants
OOC Overview | Factbooks
One-Nation Conservative

Dexterra
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:24 am

Emphasis mine, and apologies if nothing

The Alma Mater wrote:So did you try to stop the repeal of Roe v Wade until such changes were made? Are you outside now, protesting bans on abortion introduced before social services or even adequate measures to protest rape, exist?

No?

Actions speak louder than words. At least the "all women are sluts" advocates are *honest*.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix (attributed)

Anglecia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglecia » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:26 am

Catholic America wrote:We should have national legislation to protect abortion in emergencies, such as incest and health risks, and if we are going to ban abortion governor wheelchair should spend (much more) on social services.

Political nicknaming.
OOC Overview | Factbooks
One-Nation Conservative

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:39 am

Of late, I've noted a string of flaming in the Abortion thread. Tame flaming, but still flaming.

Islamic Essarn wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
Not accepting education is stupid however.

Manny states do not educate about contraception. Idiot.

Big Jim P wrote:
Islamic Essarn wrote:
Manny states do not educate about contraception. Idiot.

Age of free info. Bigger idiot.

Islamic Essarn wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
Age of free info. Bigger idiot.

People in these areas disproportionately don’t have access to the internet. Massive idiot.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Catholic America
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Catholic America » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:44 am

Anglecia wrote:
Catholic America wrote:We should have national legislation to protect abortion in emergencies, such as incest and health risks, and if we are going to ban abortion governor wheelchair should spend (much more) on social services.

Political nicknaming.

I have read the rules many times and have never seen anything prohibiting this. This could be considered flaming, but flaming is directed against players, and the figure in question is a public figure.
Talking about how democracy is at risk is the new won’t someone think of the children.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:28 pm

Catholic America wrote:
Anglecia wrote:Political nicknaming.

I have read the rules many times and have never seen anything prohibiting this. This could be considered flaming, but flaming is directed against players, and the figure in question is a public figure.

Political Nicknaming is a form of trolling. Referring to certain political figureheads by a derogatory nickname adds nothing to the discussion and riles other posters.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Anglecia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglecia » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:34 am

Armeattla wrote:
Prima Scriptura wrote:
They may not have the assets or collateral to be approved for a personal loan. But I don’t think an unborn child deserves to die because the mother is poor

Neither parents nor child will live in dignity.
Abortion in itself is an undignified mean to a dignified end. A Childbirth in that case usually is an undignified mean to an undignified end. Even more so when rape is involved.
But for some reason some conservatives in this world find rape absolutely legitimate if it's for child-rearing.
And tbf I don't think that dignity ever was a consideration in US politics.

Saying that conservatives support rape
Last edited by Anglecia on Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC Overview | Factbooks
One-Nation Conservative

Anglecia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglecia » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:53 am

Bumping
OOC Overview | Factbooks
One-Nation Conservative

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:10 pm

Not actionable.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Anglecia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglecia » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:48 am

OOC Overview | Factbooks
One-Nation Conservative

Catholic America
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Catholic America » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:46 am

Hey
Im sorry if the "governor wheelchair" comment upset you first of all. Those second two comments look like pretty egregious rulebreaking to me, but thats not what im here to say. What im here to say is "governor wheelchair" may be a poor taste thing to say, and I certainly regret saying it, butI dont think its a violation of the rules, and if it is, its a small one at best. That said, I shouldn't have done it due to its poor taste and I am sorry.

Now to the mod officiating here, I can understand if I get a warning for this, but I do not feel like its necessary as I have learned my lesson on my own. I understand that I have a history of flaming due to social problems that I deal with and a short temper that I suffer with inside and outside of NSG. This has lead to me taking breaks from the game and breaks from the debate forums to prevent me from flaming. This is why I feel like a warning for this would be unnecessary.
Talking about how democracy is at risk is the new won’t someone think of the children.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:05 am

Catholic America wrote:With respect, I would like to request a second opinion for all of my reports.

1) I don't see a specific ruling on that one, so I'll rule that one as trolling. *** Catholic America is warned for trolling ***
2 and 3) I'm upholding the ruling here. You are conflating "some" with "all" in both cases. There is no question that some members of the group hold those opinions, and there is equally no question that all members of the group are not equally culpable.

Catholic America wrote: I understand that I have a history of flaming due to social problems that I deal with and a short temper that I suffer with inside and outside of NSG.

Not a valid excuse. There is nothing preventing you from removing your hands from the keyboard. It's good that you're learning the lessons. Now try applying what you've learned to your interactions here.

Catholic America
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Catholic America » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:23 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Catholic America wrote:With respect, I would like to request a second opinion for all of my reports.

1) I don't see a specific ruling on that one, so I'll rule that one as trolling. *** Catholic America is warned for trolling ***
2 and 3) I'm upholding the ruling here. You are conflating "some" with "all" in both cases. There is no question that some members of the group hold those opinions, and there is equally no question that all members of the group are not equally culpable.

Catholic America wrote: I understand that I have a history of flaming due to social problems that I deal with and a short temper that I suffer with inside and outside of NSG.

Not a valid excuse. There is nothing preventing you from removing your hands from the keyboard. It's good that you're learning the lessons. Now try applying what you've learned to your interactions here.

its not an excuse, its context, but i an going to respect your ruling.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:49 pm

And what of my report? There was some pretty flagrant namecalling, unless I missed some important context.
Last edited by Godular on Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to F7? Click here!

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:04 am

Addressed.

I am going to lock this report thread, as I think it would be simpler to handle future reports of potential offences in the Roe v Wade thread in their own separate report threads. It lessens the chance of things getting missed.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation