NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Sig Flags Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Attack Helicopter
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2022
Ex-Nation

[Q] Sig Flags Thread

Postby Attack Helicopter » Fri May 20, 2022 12:01 pm

Hello, Mods.

So I wanted to make a dispatch about flags for people to put in their sigs (and possibly even allow them to request me to make a flag for their sigs) but since [code] text doesn't work in dispatches, I wanted to make it on the forums instead.

However, I would like to know the following: where should I put the thread? I don't know whether to choose Technical of FANI.
Last edited by Attack Helicopter on Fri May 20, 2022 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE UNITED STATES OF ATTACK HELICOPTER
"To be honest, it's only one state -- well, helicopter. -- Pilot James Smith
One AH-64 Apache piloted by a guy named James Smith and co-piloted by another guy named Peter Williams, who also acts as a gunner. Federal republic consisting of one helicopter
Bored, positive (most of the time) Israeli-American, Jewish, and Republican.
★★★★★MMMMMMM
★★★★★MMMMMMM
★★★★★MMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM

Left turboshaft engine repaired after problems; helicopter departs from Security Council building helipad after voting Aye for proposal for liberating Layem; Ukrainian flag sticker put on helicopter after Russian invasion.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sat May 21, 2022 12:29 pm

Attack Helicopter wrote:Hello, Mods.

So I wanted to make a dispatch about flags for people to put in their sigs (and possibly even allow them to request me to make a flag for their sigs) but since [code] text doesn't work in dispatches, I wanted to make it on the forums instead.

However, I would like to know the following: where should I put the thread? I don't know whether to choose Technical of FANI.

Indeed, [code] does not work in dispatches, but [pre] does and works the same as the forum's [code], just without the fancy box and copy function. So you can just use [pre] if you want to do a dispatch.

To answer your question, if you prefer to use the forums instead of a dispatch, I think Technical would be the best fit since signatures aren't typically RP related and your topic is about coding a flag into the sig.

Just curious, how do you put a flag in your sig? I thought pictures weren't allowed?

EDIT: Just realized that you put this in moderation, and last time I tried to be helpful in moderation, I got banned for spamming… please don't ban me again mods…
Last edited by The Orwell Society on Sat May 21, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

Umbratellus
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2021
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Umbratellus » Sat May 21, 2022 12:56 pm

The Orwell Society wrote:
EDIT: Just realized that you put this in moderation, and last time I tried to be helpful in moderation, I got banned for spamming… please don't ban me again mods…

Discussion threads (usually marked with [D] or [Discussion]) and Query threads (usually marked [Q], [Question], [Query], etc.) typically allow for more open (but still on topic) responses than a report thread. A report thread should only be replied to by:
1. The person making the report
2. Moderators for any and all reasons
3. People who are not being reported but have relevant contributions to make on the topic - including additional context for the report, evidence that may further incriminate or prove the innocence of the reported, and other similar situations.

Providing an opinion (eg. I don't think that's flaming) and other useless commentary on the situation does not add to the report.

You were warned here and banned here, both times for making a comment on a report thread that only expressed an opinion and did not contribute to the report.
Last edited by Umbratellus on Sat May 21, 2022 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dexterra
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Sat May 21, 2022 1:24 pm

If I may go back to the OP, what about your thread would be different than the one flag request thread allowed in F&NI and GP each? I think you should double check the rules/standards for both subforums, because it sounds like you're addressing a problem that already has three solutions, unless I'm missing something
Last edited by Dexterra on Sat May 21, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix (attributed)

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sat May 21, 2022 3:41 pm

Dexterra wrote:If I may go back to the OP, what about your thread would be different than the one flag request thread allowed in F&NI and GP each? I think you should double check the rules/standards for both subforums, because it sounds like you're addressing a problem that already has three solutions, unless I'm missing something
I think you misunderstand. The OP was referring to making a thread on how to put a flag in one's forum signature, similiar in concept to that of Ponderosa's How to Make a Overview Factbook Thread, but a different topic. I think Attack Helicopter is askinf what forum would fit a thread giving the code to put a flag in a signature.
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Sat May 21, 2022 3:54 pm

Dexterra wrote:If I may go back to the OP, what about your thread would be different than the one flag request thread allowed in F&NI and GP each? I think you should double check the rules/standards for both subforums, because it sounds like you're addressing a problem that already has three solutions, unless I'm missing something

I think you misunderstand. The OP was referring to making a thread on how to put a flag in one's forum signature, similiar in concept to that of Ponderosa's How to Make a Overview Factbook Thread, but a different topic. I think Attack Helicopter is askinf what forum would fit a thread giving the code to put a flag in a signature.

Perhaps it could function similar to that, but the OP did say:

Attack Helicopter wrote:(and possibly even allow them to request me to make a flag for their sigs)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix (attributed)

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sat May 21, 2022 4:04 pm

Dexterra wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:I think you misunderstand. The OP was referring to making a thread on how to put a flag in one's forum signature, similiar in concept to that of Ponderosa's How to Make a Overview Factbook Thread, but a different topic. I think Attack Helicopter is askinf what forum would fit a thread giving the code to put a flag in a signature.

Perhaps it could function similar to that, but the OP did say:

Attack Helicopter wrote:(and possibly even allow them to request me to make a flag for their sigs)

Ah, my mistake… I missed that part. That would best be done in other threads, I agree.
The Orwell Society

Attack Helicopter
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Attack Helicopter » Sat May 21, 2022 4:07 pm

Attack Helicopter wrote:Hello, Mods.

Just curious, how do you put a flag in your sig? I thought pictures weren't allowed?

Text art.

The current flag request threads are for official flags. I would make flags of nations using text art to put in sigs.
THE UNITED STATES OF ATTACK HELICOPTER
"To be honest, it's only one state -- well, helicopter. -- Pilot James Smith
One AH-64 Apache piloted by a guy named James Smith and co-piloted by another guy named Peter Williams, who also acts as a gunner. Federal republic consisting of one helicopter
Bored, positive (most of the time) Israeli-American, Jewish, and Republican.
★★★★★MMMMMMM
★★★★★MMMMMMM
★★★★★MMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM

Left turboshaft engine repaired after problems; helicopter departs from Security Council building helipad after voting Aye for proposal for liberating Layem; Ukrainian flag sticker put on helicopter after Russian invasion.

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Sat May 21, 2022 5:21 pm

Attack Helicopter wrote:Text art [...] The current flag request threads are for official flags. I would make flags of nations using text art to put in sigs.

Since site/subforum rules or standards have yet to formally define official flags versus text art/sig flags, I personally feel as though a rose flag thread by any other name would smell as sweet. Maybe what you could do is post a 'guide to text art/sig flags' dispatch, and point visitors to one of the two GP flag help threads where they can request text art/sig flags from you? If you do that though, I'd suggest you also check in with the active vexillologist(s) in those threads out of courtesy

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation