NATION

PASSWORD

Thread Ownership Change Please

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Twertis
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Thread Ownership Change Please

Postby Twertis » Mon May 02, 2022 6:04 pm

Please move ownership to Twertis: viewtopic.php?p=36857728#p36857728

That nation is mine, but I no longer have access to it as I lost the password.

A migrating duck
Civilian

Founded: Jan 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby A migrating duck » Mon May 02, 2022 6:11 pm

Well, the nation's factbook named "password" gave the password away, and of course someone would notice and possibly change the account password!

Twertis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Twertis » Mon May 02, 2022 6:23 pm

A migrating duck wrote:Well, the nation's factbook named "password" gave the password away, and of course someone would notice and possibly change the account password!

That's not how I lost the password. Durm gave it back to me. Also butt out. This isn't your business. I just want ownership of my thread back.

Edit: I lost it because I accidentally I was suggested by Apple to scramble the password, accidentally said yes, and then the dumbass thing didn't save it for me.
Last edited by Twertis on Mon May 02, 2022 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon May 02, 2022 6:27 pm

Sorry, last notes we have are that ownership had passed to a different player. Can't transfer the thread.

Twertis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Twertis » Mon May 02, 2022 6:30 pm

Luna Amore wrote:Sorry, last notes we have are that ownership had passed to a different player. Can't transfer the thread.

Check the User-Agent history. I can send you the User-Agent of the last device to access it, because it was my phone. I was sitting on the toilet at work using my phone iirc. I don't think that the chance of me getting the User-Agent right by chance would be very likely.

I'm also obviously the guy who wrote the original text. You wouldn't bust me for plagiarism for this?

Twertis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Twertis » Mon May 02, 2022 6:41 pm

Alternatively, I could create a new thread?

Barring that, moderation could edit the first post to reflect the change in draft so that others may see the current proposal. I expect only one other draft beyond this one.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue May 03, 2022 12:20 am

Luna Amore wrote:Sorry, last notes we have are that ownership had passed to a different player. Can't transfer the thread.

Those notes were mine, and aren't weren't up to date; the nation was returned to its original owner.

Twertis - I'm happy for us to transfer the thread over to yourself, but potentially we could help you recover Bormiar as a one-off if you'd prefer that?

Twertis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Twertis » Tue May 03, 2022 5:46 am

Sedgistan wrote:

Those notes were mine, and aren't weren't up to date; the nation was returned to its original owner.

Twertis - I'm happy for us to transfer the thread over to yourself, but potentially we could help you recover Bormiar as a one-off if you'd prefer that?

I would definitely prefer to recover Bormiar, but I did not know that was possible. What should I do?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue May 03, 2022 6:11 am

Do a password reset - you should get an email.

I'll note that this is not something we would normally do, and is being done as a one-off gesture. If you scramble your password again, we wouldn't help you regain access again.

Bormiar
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bormiar » Tue May 03, 2022 6:22 am

Sedgistan wrote:Do a password reset - you should get an email.

I'll note that this is not something we would normally do, and is being done as a one-off gesture. If you scramble your password again, we wouldn't help you regain access again.

Wow, thanks Sedge. I understand that this is a one-time thing, and absolutely will not fuck up again.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation