NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Flaming in Ukraine Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Shilshka
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 24, 2022
Ex-Nation

[R] Flaming in Ukraine Thread

Postby Shilshka » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:53 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Republic Of Ludwigsburg wrote:And? Who the fuck cares that Ukraine is trying to stop Russia by bombing logistics? Instead of cherrypicking shit that Ukraine does, why don't you fucking read about Russian warcrimes.

If you're not going to do even the feintest bit of prior reading throughout these threads to know that I've been consistently pro-Ukraine and just try to post things as they happen and instead try to imply I support Russia's murderous insanity you shouldn't bother posting you actual fucking dumbass. I'll happily eat the warn for saying this because wow this was just too stupid and insulting not to roast.

The Archregimancy wrote:
And even if the implication is true, that Ukraine is somehow responsible for the fire (and the fire itself, if not the cause, does seem verified), why should Ukrainian attempts to disrupt Russian infrastructure be characterised as 'fuckery'? There's a war on; Russia is unambiguously the aggressor. I can think of no conflict where the attacked party should be expected to just meekly sit back and accept being bombed into oblivion without making any attempt to disrupt the aggressor. Indeed, Ukraine's response so far has been extraordinarily restrained, with almost no verified attacks on Russian logistical targets outside of Ukraine's internationally recognised borders; though whether this reflects Ukrainian restraint, lack of capacity, or some combination of both, is admittedly unclear.

All of that said, as the Reuters story notes, 'there was no immediate indication that the fire or fires were related to Ukraine'; and with neither side confirming or denying, anything else is speculation.

It'd be the fourth such attack in Russia proper that I'm aware of. The Tochka strike on the airbase early on in the war, the helicopter strike across the border (Ukraine never officially claimed it but I'll explain why I think this is the case in a moment*), some special forces fuckery to destroy some rail lines and bridges along the border and now potentially this. I don't have the video on hand atm but there's some security camera footage from Bryansk that seems to lean towards it being a missile strike. You can hear what seems to be an aircraft or missile in the area just seconds before the explosion happens.

Current line of thinking a lot of people are going with is that the west lifted a lot of restrictions it had placed on Ukraine in exchange for aid, ie no offensive actions into Russia to avoid escalation*(this is probably why Ukraine never claimed the helicopter strike, it was deniable because both nations use the Mi-24 and it couldn't be directly pinned on Ukraine without great evidence from Russia which most people would reject anyways), during the recent meeting between American and Ukrainian officials in Kyiv. Whether that's the truth or not remains to be seen, but it makes sense at least from an outsider perspective and Ukraine does have enough Tochka-U's they could use for such an action as what happened in Bryansk.
Originally Esthe. Now I’m Shilshka. The absolute pinnacle of British engineering.

Reddit
RYM
Pro: Ukraine, Biden, environmentalism
Anti: Trump, Putin, Justin Bieber, the blatant godmodding in slaver threads

Myrensis wrote:Well yes, it was kind of inevitable that a Republican was going to win the Republican Primary.

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:53 am

Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Shilshka
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 24, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Shilshka » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:32 am

Thanks, NVI.
Originally Esthe. Now I’m Shilshka. The absolute pinnacle of British engineering.

Reddit
RYM
Pro: Ukraine, Biden, environmentalism
Anti: Trump, Putin, Justin Bieber, the blatant godmodding in slaver threads

Myrensis wrote:Well yes, it was kind of inevitable that a Republican was going to win the Republican Primary.

Return to Moderation