NATION

PASSWORD

[r]Mod Impersonation

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
South Americanastan
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[r]Mod Impersonation

Postby South Americanastan » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:52 am

East Osovia wrote:Understanding this entire situation is emotionally charged, I am not going to outright remove you from the RP. However, I will issue a 2 Day Posting Ban for you (South Americanastan) on both this thread and the IC. You are NOT permitted to post a final word to this discussion here. After that, if you have sufficiently cooled off and understand what I am attempting to convey, you will be welcomed back with open arms. The ban ends on 7/25 at 12:00 PM EDT. I will attempt to make a post at or around that time signifying the end of the ban for your convenience.

If I remember correctly, red text conveying a punishment (I.e 2 Day Posting Ban) falls under the umbrella of mod impersonation.
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid"
My Embassy Program
Proud “Effie”
HOME OF THE BEST BASEBALL TEAM IN THE GREY WARDENS

East Osovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby East Osovia » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:56 am

South Americanastan wrote:
East Osovia wrote:Understanding this entire situation is emotionally charged, I am not going to outright remove you from the RP. However, I will issue a 2 Day Posting Ban for you (South Americanastan) on both this thread and the IC. You are NOT permitted to post a final word to this discussion here. After that, if you have sufficiently cooled off and understand what I am attempting to convey, you will be welcomed back with open arms. The ban ends on 7/25 at 12:00 PM EDT. I will attempt to make a post at or around that time signifying the end of the ban for your convenience.

If I remember correctly, red text conveying a punishment (I.e 2 Day Posting Ban) falls under the umbrella of mod impersonation.

I am trying to temporarily kick you from the RP for not following the rules and tried to make it clear that it was for the RP only. I understand now the color choice was perhaps not the best, but it was never my intention to impersonate mods. I am simply unsure of how best to format trying to keep control of my RP and thought this was different enough from mods, who use a special text box for such actions. Furthermore, when this was brought up to me, I did change the color of the text.
Last edited by East Osovia on Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - - East Osovia, Free Forevermore! - - -
A post-Soviet modern Scytho-Sarmatian state east of the Azov Sea.
Currently on indefinite hiatus.
GPOK: Bata seized by anarchist rioters.| Martial law has been declared. Anyone found breaking curfew will be arrested and detained without trial.| Members of the People's Council under investigation after illegal deportation of Xenickese citizens. Princess Farnah calls those responsible "uncivilized thugs".

East Osovia does not represent my beliefs, political or otherwise.
Definitely not Gongsi KindaFreeXP. Nope. Couldn't be.
I laugh in the face of NSStats!

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:07 pm

The situation looks resolved now. It's always good to be careful when handing out a thread ban as an OP to make sure your wording and the way you present it doesn't come across as mod impersonation.

East Osovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby East Osovia » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:10 pm

Thanks, I will try and be more careful from here on out!
- - - East Osovia, Free Forevermore! - - -
A post-Soviet modern Scytho-Sarmatian state east of the Azov Sea.
Currently on indefinite hiatus.
GPOK: Bata seized by anarchist rioters.| Martial law has been declared. Anyone found breaking curfew will be arrested and detained without trial.| Members of the People's Council under investigation after illegal deportation of Xenickese citizens. Princess Farnah calls those responsible "uncivilized thugs".

East Osovia does not represent my beliefs, political or otherwise.
Definitely not Gongsi KindaFreeXP. Nope. Couldn't be.
I laugh in the face of NSStats!

Return to Moderation