NATION

PASSWORD

[QUERY] Application of Copyright?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The Rising Solaris
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 27, 2015
Father Knows Best State

[QUERY] Application of Copyright?

Postby The Rising Solaris » Sat May 08, 2021 9:24 am

I am a moderator from the RP region The Fallout Wasteland. We recently banned a member for unprofessional conduct including meta gaming and harassment of other players. The banned player has since contacted us in order to have a post referencing the collapse of his nation taken down because he didn't like how it's being done. He has threatened us with invoking moderator intervention if it is not taken down.

In the Fallout Wasteland, when a nation is taken off the map for any reason, his tiles are considered "returned to the wasteland". Players can then write expansion posts into its former tiles (we have a tile-by-tile expansion system). Traditionally, players are given the choice whether or not to acknowledge its existence and come up with a rationale for its sudden collapse if they do.

The question is this: If a player, particularly one who has left the region, doesn't like how someone is doing that, are they within their rights by the rules on this site to ask for it to be taken down or changed, and/or to get official NS moderator involvement if it isn't? (Are we in need of overhauling this regional policy?) I will admit that a character created and used by the player in question is referenced in the post.

The post in question is linked here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=43863447
Last edited by The Rising Solaris on Sat May 08, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

North Sonovia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby North Sonovia » Sat May 08, 2021 9:27 am

first reply
She/her, 14 but practically 15 already, pan gang, how the hell do I put a pan emoji right after "pan gang"?

I'm the WAD for a region that can be described as this: [quote="Pallapati";43977153] Average cringe region: Writes an essay on why raiding sucks

Based Union of Right Wing nations: "raiding is unbased lololol. ew, raiders. cringe " [/quote]

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Sat May 08, 2021 9:46 am

North Sonovia wrote:first reply

*** Warned for spamming in Moderation. ***

Sword Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sword Island » Sat May 08, 2021 9:54 am

The Rising Solaris wrote:I am a moderator from the RP region The Fallout Wasteland. We recently banned a member for unprofessional conduct including meta gaming and harassment of other players. The banned player has since contacted us in order to have a post referencing the collapse of his nation taken down because he didn't like how it's being done. He has threatened us with invoking moderator intervention if it is not taken down.

In the Fallout Wasteland, when a nation is taken off the map for any reason, his tiles are considered "returned to the wasteland". Players can then write expansion posts into its former tiles (we have a tile-by-tile expansion system). Traditionally, players are given the choice whether or not to acknowledge its existence and come up with a rationale for its sudden collapse if they do.

The question is this: If a player, particularly one who has left the region, doesn't like how someone is doing that, are they within their rights by the rules on this site to ask for it to be taken down or changed, and/or to get official NS moderator involvement if it isn't? (Are we in need of overhauling this regional policy?) I will admit that a character created and used by the player in question is referenced in the post.

The post in question is linked here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=43863447

This is above my paygrade but your region has an established RP procedure for a nation going AWOL then in my opinion you should keep with the procedure. If it doesn't go against the site rules then it's considered fine in my rationale
"Why do you care what people think?
Are you hooked up to their leash?
You know anklebiters
Ate up your personality"- Paramore

Song of the Day: Face Down- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Album of the Day: brand new eyes- Paramore

The Rising Solaris
Political Columnist

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Rising Solaris » Sat May 08, 2021 10:00 am

Sword Island wrote:
The Rising Solaris wrote:I am a moderator from the RP region The Fallout Wasteland. We recently banned a member for unprofessional conduct including meta gaming and harassment of other players. The banned player has since contacted us in order to have a post referencing the collapse of his nation taken down because he didn't like how it's being done. He has threatened us with invoking moderator intervention if it is not taken down.

This is above my paygrade but your region has an established RP procedure for a nation going AWOL then in my opinion you should keep with the procedure. If it doesn't go against the site rules then it's considered fine in my rationale

Well that's my question, does he have a leg to stand on if he gets the NS moderation team involved? Obviously IMO I think he's just being a sore thumb, but I could be wrong, and I'd rather know that before this gets too far.

Edit: There's also the matter of if he IS wrong, then he runs afoul of Mods as a Weapon.
Last edited by The Rising Solaris on Sat May 08, 2021 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

United Republic Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 27, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Republic Empire » Sat May 08, 2021 10:43 am

The Rising Solaris wrote:
Sword Island wrote:This is above my paygrade but your region has an established RP procedure for a nation going AWOL then in my opinion you should keep with the procedure. If it doesn't go against the site rules then it's considered fine in my rationale

Well that's my question, does he have a leg to stand on if he gets the NS moderation team involved? Obviously IMO I think he's just being a sore thumb, but I could be wrong, and I'd rather know that before this gets too far.

Edit: There's also the matter of if he IS wrong, then he runs afoul of Mods as a Weapon.

If they already threatened the use the mods against you, whether they are right or wrong, you should file a GHR (if gameside, if they did it by telegrams or rmb) or make a report topic in the moderation forum with a link to the post. If you file it gameside make sure to also include the link to the post by clicking the timestamp and copy/pasting it into the report.

Technological
Civilian

Founded: May 06, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Technological » Sat May 08, 2021 10:47 am

United Republic Empire wrote:
The Rising Solaris wrote:Well that's my question, does he have a leg to stand on if he gets the NS moderation team involved? Obviously IMO I think he's just being a sore thumb, but I could be wrong, and I'd rather know that before this gets too far.

If they already threatened the use the mods against you, whether they are right or wrong, you should file a GHR (if gameside, if they did it by telegrams or rmb) or make a report topic in the moderation forum with a link to the post. If you file it gameside make sure to also include the link to the post by clicking the timestamp and copy/pasting it into the report.

Yes. Not for discussion in Moderation nor spamming but It’s called Using Mods As a weapon. Please File a GHR because moderation forums are for forums only and will not solve in-game problems. Also it’s clear that your region did nothing bad and a report will fix this.

The Rising Solaris
Political Columnist

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Rising Solaris » Sat May 08, 2021 11:05 am

Technological wrote:
United Republic Empire wrote:

Yes. Not for discussion in Moderation nor spamming but It’s called Using Mods As a weapon. Please File a GHR because moderation forums are for forums only and will not solve in-game problems. Also it’s clear that your region did nothing bad and a report will fix this.

Okay, thank you!

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat May 08, 2021 12:39 pm

https://www.nationstates.net/page=legal

tl;dr: it's basically not a moderation matter.
Sword Island wrote:This is above my paygrade but your region has an established RP procedure for a nation going AWOL then in my opinion you should keep with the procedure. If it doesn't go against the site rules then it's considered fine in my rationale

Pretty much this.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation