NATION

PASSWORD

(R) and (Q) Rude behavior in Second Slaver War thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
User avatar
Southeast Marajarbia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1447
Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

(R) and (Q) Rude behavior in Second Slaver War thread

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun May 02, 2021 1:08 pm

So, just so that the mods have context, Magnecia was being rude to me in a recent RP, and was kind of mocking me in a way. He believed that I shouldn't be involved in NS RPs because I am an IRL man of small words. I'm autistic IRL, and want to know if this is actionable? I found his comment really insulting towards me.

Here is his comment: viewtopic.php?p=38611133#p38611133
Last edited by Southeast Marajarbia on Sun May 02, 2021 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Co-Founder of the IDSF, SETZA Host Nation, Founder of the CFTC.

User avatar
Jebslund
Minister
 
Posts: 2977
Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Jebslund » Sun May 02, 2021 1:19 pm

You linked to the posting page. You'll want to link to the post you're reporting.

Like this:
Magnecia wrote:
Southeast Marajarbia wrote:
OOC: I'm a man of small words. I'll take your comment as an insult if you ask me to stop posting oneliners. It isn't even a oneliner, as oneliners aren't paragraphs.

OOC: if you are a man of small words, then please don't do NS RPs. Perhaps NS is not the most appropriate website for you.
If you find my comment insulting, then you may report against me.


Code: Select all
[quote="Magnecia";p="38611133"][quote="Southeast Marajarbia";p="38611123"][quote="Magnecia";p="38611112"]
OOC: Will you stop posting oneliners. Everybody is putting some effort into their RPs, so why can't you?[/quote]

OOC: I'm a man of small words. I'll take your comment as an insult if you ask me to stop posting oneliners. It isn't even a oneliner, as oneliners aren't paragraphs.[/quote]
OOC: if you are a man of small words, then please don't do NS RPs. Perhaps NS is not the most appropriate website for you.
If you find my comment insulting, then you may report against me.[/quote]


Or this: this (or
Code: Select all
[url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=38611133#p38611133]this[/url]
).

You can get the link to a post by right-clicking the page icon next to the "by [user]" bit on the post.
Jebslund is a nation of kerbals ruled by Emperor Jebediah Kerman. We reject tyranny, believing that rights should be protected, though we also believe said rights end where the rights of others begin.
Shockingly, we *do* use NS stats, with the exception of lifespan.
Singular sapient: Jebslunder
Plural Sapient: Jebslunden
Singular/Plural nonsapient: Kermanic
Note: When a verb can logically only be done by the sapient using/piloting/holding the object in question, then the appropriate demonym for the number of sapients is used.

Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism are ECONOMIC SYSTEMS. Stop conflating them with political systems.

User avatar
Southeast Marajarbia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1447
Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun May 02, 2021 1:21 pm

Jebslund wrote:You linked to the posting page. You'll want to link to the post you're reporting.

Like this:
Magnecia wrote:OOC: if you are a man of small words, then please don't do NS RPs. Perhaps NS is not the most appropriate website for you.
If you find my comment insulting, then you may report against me.


Code: Select all
[quote="Magnecia";p="38611133"][quote="Southeast Marajarbia";p="38611123"][quote="Magnecia";p="38611112"]
OOC: Will you stop posting oneliners. Everybody is putting some effort into their RPs, so why can't you?[/quote]

OOC: I'm a man of small words. I'll take your comment as an insult if you ask me to stop posting oneliners. It isn't even a oneliner, as oneliners aren't paragraphs.[/quote]

OOC: if you are a man of small words, then please don't do NS RPs. Perhaps NS is not the most appropriate website for you.
If you find my comment insulting, then you may report against me.[/quote]




Or this: this (or
Code: Select all
[url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=38611133#p38611133]this[/url]
).

You can get the link to a post by right-clicking the page icon next to the "by [user]" bit on the post.




Thanks, but I still want an answer to the original question.
Last edited by Southeast Marajarbia on Sun May 02, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Co-Founder of the IDSF, SETZA Host Nation, Founder of the CFTC.

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 27929
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Sun May 02, 2021 1:30 pm

You actually linked to a quote-reply URL, not to the actual post. You can get the direct URL for a specific post from the little Image icon in the top-left corner of the post beneath the title and next to the poster's name.

In this case, the reported post is definitely crass, but doesn't quite tip over the line into flaming. Some roleplay groupings have stricter requirements regarding posting style, length, or other internal requirements, and it just sounds like this group is one that your personal RP style just doesn't fit well. If you want to seek advice or recommendations regarding roleplaying on the forums, I highly recommend talking to one of our Roleplay Mentors. Ultimately the one golden rule of NS roleplay is that you don't have to play with anyone you don't want to; but that also means that no one has to play with you if they don't want to either.
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 18 on March 23, 2021!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2024! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

User avatar
Southeast Marajarbia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1447
Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun May 02, 2021 1:35 pm

Reploid Productions wrote:You actually linked to a quote-reply URL, not to the actual post. You can get the direct URL for a specific post from the little (Image) icon in the top-left corner of the post beneath the title and next to the poster's name.

In this case, the reported post is definitely crass, but doesn't quite tip over the line into flaming. Some roleplay groupings have stricter requirements regarding posting style, length, or other internal requirements, and it just sounds like this group is one that your personal RP style just doesn't fit well. If you want to seek advice or recommendations regarding roleplaying on the forums, I highly recommend talking to one of our Roleplay Mentors. Ultimately the one golden rule of NS roleplay is that you don't have to play with anyone you don't want to; but that also means that no one has to play with you if they don't want to either.


I understand. However, It would make me feel a little better if you gave him some kind of warning. IDK about you, but if it was that close to flaming, Magnecia should at least be warned, or threatened with a possible warning. It's ultimately up to you and the rest of the helpful moderators.
Proud Co-Founder of the IDSF, SETZA Host Nation, Founder of the CFTC.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 109063
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun May 02, 2021 2:22 pm

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:
Reploid Productions wrote:You actually linked to a quote-reply URL, not to the actual post. You can get the direct URL for a specific post from the little (Image) icon in the top-left corner of the post beneath the title and next to the poster's name.

In this case, the reported post is definitely crass, but doesn't quite tip over the line into flaming. Some roleplay groupings have stricter requirements regarding posting style, length, or other internal requirements, and it just sounds like this group is one that your personal RP style just doesn't fit well. If you want to seek advice or recommendations regarding roleplaying on the forums, I highly recommend talking to one of our Roleplay Mentors. Ultimately the one golden rule of NS roleplay is that you don't have to play with anyone you don't want to; but that also means that no one has to play with you if they don't want to either.


I understand. However, It would make me feel a little better if you gave him some kind of warning. IDK about you, but if it was that close to flaming, Magnecia should at least be warned, or threatened with a possible warning. It's ultimately up to you and the rest of the helpful moderators.

What Reppy says is true, that different groups have different styles. That said,I did loom. That said, please don't tell us what we should or should not do on a given report. Present your case and leave it to us.
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Southeast Marajarbia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1447
Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun May 02, 2021 2:25 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Southeast Marajarbia wrote:
I understand. However, It would make me feel a little better if you gave him some kind of warning. IDK about you, but if it was that close to flaming, Magnecia should at least be warned, or threatened with a possible warning. It's ultimately up to you and the rest of the helpful moderators.

What Reppy says is true, that different groups have different styles. That said,I did loom. That said, please don't tell us what we should or should not do on a given report. Present your case and leave it to us.


I understand. Thanks!
Proud Co-Founder of the IDSF, SETZA Host Nation, Founder of the CFTC.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aureumterra III, Drew Durrnil, Fereni, Muzehnaya, Wallenburg

Advertisement

Remove ads