NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Baiting/Threadjacking "Sex-Stereotyping Schools" thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

[R] Baiting/Threadjacking "Sex-Stereotyping Schools" thread

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:40 am

Austreylia has made a couple of rather baity posts against two different players in the thread:

Austreylia wrote:Of course you're not seeing a negative in playing with children's minds.

Austreylia wrote:We both know why somebody like you thinks that this is awesome.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:51 am

Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:56 am

Thanks, NVI!
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:23 am

Is it possible to check if Austreylia is DOS, they seem very like Oil Exporting People or even Parkus?
Last edited by An Alan Smithee Nation on Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is intertwinkled

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:54 pm

The thread is being jacked (from about here) onto the subject of men crying and also the term "toxic masculinity".

I requested the thread get back on the topic of sex-stereotypes in schools, and wondered if a nudge might be delivered.

EDIT: Toxic masculinity now has it's own thread, but the whole "men shouldn't cry thing" carries on apace -- education has been pretty much entirely drowned out.

Also, Republic of Fore is being rather baity here (especially in response to someone saying they cried when their father died):
The Republic of Fore wrote:
Neu California wrote:I just want to respond to 1, 4, and 5

1. and 4. Why does it have to be either/or? Can't you cry yourself out then take care of what needs to be taken care of, or vice versa? And what about cases where you literally can't do anything about it anymore? Was I wrong to cry about my dad being murdered? Note that this happened in another state and the police took care of it. Should I not have shed a few tears after my care, which my grandfather bought for me new, burned to the ground on the freeway, well beyond saving? Because both of those were damn traumatic events for me, and I think I deserved a good cry afterwards.

5. If crying was a weakness, why is it still present in human beings hundreds of thousands of years after we left the trees? Crying is a very useful emotional outlet, and bottling up your emotions is BAD.

1. The time you wasted crying could've been spent fixing the problem. Thus getting it over with faster. I haven't said you can't cry, I just said I don't respect people who need to cry over everything.
5. Earlobes are still present after hundreds of thousands of years. Earlobes aren't useful either. Balling all the time is bad too, and achieves nothing. "Wah wah life is hard" there I cried. What did that help? Is life magically better now?

Also, this earlier post (relevant part highlighted) seems rather baity:
The Republic of Fore wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. Why do you constantly equate crying with not getting things done? Hm... I wonder...?
2. Masculinity that encourages: Violence, hostility, ignorance, defensiveness, and sexism is toxic. So yes, Masculinity can be Toxic. We even have a word for it.
3. Stating a fact 5 times is. Especially if you still have yet to be able to prove your "Fact."
4. And here we see you bringing up crying and getting things done, again.
5. Because you believe women are crybabies, as a result, you think women are weaker and less capable. As can be seen by points 1 and 4.

You keep bringing this up "A man needs to get things done." Did you know that's actually 2 males gender roles wrapped into 1: The provider and protector. You're both shaming men for not wanting to live by archaic gender roles, and shaming women for not behaving like men, by calling them crybabies.

Congrats, you're perpetuating sexism against both sexes/genders and toxic masculinity. Way to go.

You hold sexist beliefs, mostly towards women, and you've been sharing them for your entire time here.

1. Because wasting time crying prevents things from getting done. Take the time you would have spent crying and spend it solving the problem.
2. No, it can't. Toxic is just a buzzword and masculinity can't force you to do any of those things. It's not a concept's fault if you use it as an excuse to do shitty things.
3. You keep repeating the same htings so I have to repeat it.
4. Because crying wastes time that can be spent fixing things.
5. No, I believe all crybabies are weak regardless of gender.
I'm shaming pathetic whiners who would rather piss and moan than get things done. If I'm trying to get a job done I don't have time to hear a whiner cry about how hard it is. Do your job or leave and go cry somewhere else. There's no place for tears when things need doing. Last year a navy seal was awarded the MOH for risking his life to ensure all of the hostages had been pulled out of a collapsing building. What would sitting around and crying have done for him? Besides getting people killed.

This, too, seems... questionable, in culmination
The Republic of Fore wrote:I don't blame concepts unlike you seem to. Over femininized men do cry more. That doesn't mean femininity itself is bad, just people who cry too much. Are a large number of those women? Yes. SO I think those women are weak. Not all of them.

EDIT 2: Currently, we seem to be back on topic.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Sat May 01, 2021 2:56 am, edited 5 times in total.

Return to Moderation