NATION

PASSWORD

(R) Gloating over Mod Decision

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

(R) Gloating over Mod Decision

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:33 am

A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:
MMk, if you say so. I disagree vehemently, but what-evs.

In both cases you said "scamdemic money" and saying it two times makes it clearly about the money (and the scam being the people getting money from government whether they need it or not).

NVI has taken one word, out of the context of a word forming a phrase with it. But your only defense is that you meant something else, and since you can't prove that it's a waste of time appealing.

Sometimes I think the hidden purpose of NSG is to make ordinary people talk like lawyers. :D

Yeah.. this post here by ASOT is pretty much moderation impersonation minus the red text in my opinion. The post was completely unneeded nor warranted and serves no purpose in the thread other then to gloat as pointed out by another user already in that thread here.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

A-Series-Of-Tubes
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby A-Series-Of-Tubes » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:38 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:
In both cases you said "scamdemic money" and saying it two times makes it clearly about the money (and the scam being the people getting money from government whether they need it or not).

NVI has taken one word, out of the context of a word forming a phrase with it. But your only defense is that you meant something else, and since you can't prove that it's a waste of time appealing.

Sometimes I think the hidden purpose of NSG is to make ordinary people talk like lawyers. :D

Yeah.. this post here by ASOT is pretty much moderation impersonation minus the red text in my opinion. The post was completely unneeded nor warranted and serves no purpose in the thread other then to gloat as pointed out by another user already in that thread here.

How do you think linking to The Chuck also "impersonating a moderator" as you said, helps your case?

I commented negatively on the Mod's ruling, promptly after the ruling and in the thread it was made. Third party appeals are not permitted, also I thought it would be personally risky to start a discussion thread about dud moderator decisions and the inadequacy of appeal to correct them. For both those reasons I didn't post in Moderation.

If dissent from Moderator rulings, with no abuse but only disrespect of the Moderator, is not appropriate anywhere, then what the hell kind of police state do you want NS to be? I think your report is motivated by personal animus, as shown by the prosecutorial "The post was completely unneeded nor warranted and serves no purpose" which would support at most a charge of being off-topic which isn't even an offense".

The claim that it is gloating is rebutted by a prompt reply by Grinning Dragon himself, who reacted in a comradely and agreeable way. This report is so without foundation and also so prosecutorial, mods should rebuke YOU.
True Centrist: Someone who changes the subject whenever it sounds like politics.
Please don't report each other to find out if a rule was broken ... If you're not sure, do not report.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:16 pm

⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:18 am

Appreciate the review Giovenith.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:46 am

A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

How do you think linking to The Chuck also "impersonating a moderator" as you said, helps your case?

I commented negatively on the Mod's ruling, promptly after the ruling and in the thread it was made. Third party appeals are not permitted, also I thought it would be personally risky to start a discussion thread about dud moderator decisions and the inadequacy of appeal to correct them. For both those reasons I didn't post in Moderation.

If dissent from Moderator rulings, with no abuse but only disrespect of the Moderator, is not appropriate anywhere, then what the hell kind of police state do you want NS to be? I think your report is motivated by personal animus, as shown by the prosecutorial "The post was completely unneeded nor warranted and serves no purpose" which would support at most a charge of being off-topic which isn't even an offense".

The claim that it is gloating is rebutted by a prompt reply by Grinning Dragon himself, who reacted in a comradely and agreeable way. This report is so without foundation and also so prosecutorial, mods should rebuke YOU.

Even though the OP of an NSG thread usually only exists to change the voted upon topic, I attempt to help keep the discussion from straying off topic, ASoT/Nobel Hobos. If the moderators don't want me to do that in the thread that I am the OP of, they only need to let me know.

Previous time I've helped guide the discussion back on point

(Only posting this since ASoT wanted to call me out and throw around accusations of "impersonating a moderator")
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:01 am

I'm not going to address this directly at the moment because we are already handling an address about the user in question that may render any ruling here moot. Rest assured though, your report has been seen and taken into account.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017

Postby New Visayan Islands » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:55 pm

Due to his extensive history of rulebreaking across multiple nations going back to Jolt, the decision was made to declare A-Series-Of-Tubes, formerly (among others) Nobel Hobos 2 and Ailiailia, *** Delete-on-Sight. ***

Thanks!
NVI
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation