NATION

PASSWORD

Player Only Seems to Be on SC Forum to Troll/Bait

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Bormiar
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Player Only Seems to Be on SC Forum to Troll/Bait

Postby Bormiar » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:21 pm

Alentejo and Algarve made a genuine attempt at commending his region, but the proposal was marked illegal. In response, Alentejozinho and Algarvezinho (different person) submitted this proposal to the SC and posted it on the SC forums, essentially giving the quintessential soapbox about how the moderators and WA elite oppress people and such. Anyone who reads that thread can see that it is obviously just intended to bait people: calling people arrogant and self important, mocking Sodoran Alesia ('hilarious' is used negatively ofc), saying some condescending crap about how we take this game too seriously, posting the proposal just so we can "shoot it down", calling people hard-asses. It's easy to ignore someone like this when they stick to their own thread, but they haven't had their fill and have decided to encroach upon a serious thread where his baiting would be much less welcome. Incidentally, that thread is where he made his most obvious baiting post yet.

Now, not all of these posts are blatantly illegal (the following probably are tho: viewtopic.php?p=38162254#p38162254, viewtopic.php?p=38159229#p38159229, viewtopic.php?p=38159278#p38159278). The problem is that this player has contributed nothing, shows no sign of ever contributing anything, and his entire presence on the SC forum has only been in the form of trolling/baiting. I think we can therefore make the distinction that he's a troll (intentionally), and not a genuine player with character issues. You'll note that he claims to have played "since the beginning", but still uses a nation with a 50 million pop to do his trolling— if he's looking for anonymity, he knows he's trolling.

Alentejozinho and Algarvezinho shows no sign of ever contributing anything to the SC forum except to troll. In the very least, I think he should be warned for the markedly illegal posts (viewtopic.php?p=38162254#p38162254, viewtopic.php?p=38159229#p38159229, viewtopic.php?p=38159278#p38159278) and his thread should be locked, given his acknowledgement that it will never pass and what he's using it for. I'm not sure that will deter him, given his attitude to the game, but it's worth a shot (and he's trying harder because no one will bite).

Edit: He could also be DoS, given that he recently made a new nation.
Last edited by Bormiar on Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:59 pm

I only saw one post of what you listed that warranted some action in my opinion and I loomed here: viewtopic.php?p=38162577#p38162577

The rest I am not seeing as warranting action at this time. As to whether they are a DOS player, I will check in with GMs.
Last edited by Jakker on Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Bormiar
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bormiar » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:31 pm

Jakker wrote:I only saw one post of what you listed that warranted some action in my opinion and I loomed here: viewtopic.php?p=38162577#p38162577

The rest I am not seeing as warranting action at this time. As to whether they are a DOS player, I will check in with GMs.

I think you're treating these posts as though they're each within their own little vacuum. If you ignore the context -- that all of their posts are incendiary and borderline baity -- yes, that would be the only post that warrants action. If you look at the player in their entirety, it becomes quite clear what's going on.

I'm not going to ask for a second opinion because I don't care enough about this to risk insulting you. Just know I strongly disagree with this style of moderation :P.

Thanks though, especially for the speediness.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:05 pm

Bormiar wrote:
Jakker wrote:I only saw one post of what you listed that warranted some action in my opinion and I loomed here: viewtopic.php?p=38162577#p38162577

I think you're treating these posts as though they're each within their own little vacuum. If you ignore the context -- that all of their posts are incendiary and borderline baity -- yes, that would be the only post that warrants action. If you look at the player in their entirety, it becomes quite clear what's going on.

I'm not going to ask for a second opinion because I don't care enough about this to risk insulting you. Just know I strongly disagree with this style of moderation :P.

You can disagree and ask for a second opinion if you want. No reason why I would feel insulted.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

KIDS Country
Attaché

Founded: Aug 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby KIDS Country » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:15 pm

Jakker wrote:
Bormiar wrote:I think you're treating these posts as though they're each within their own little vacuum. If you ignore the context -- that all of their posts are incendiary and borderline baity -- yes, that would be the only post that warrants action. If you look at the player in their entirety, it becomes quite clear what's going on.

You can disagree and ask for a second opinion if you want. No reason why I would feel insulted.

I agree with Jakker here.
I believe that, especially when you have an active disagreement with said player, that tensions may get inflamed and emotions may run high. While some of said player's posts do contravene standards we have, it would also be appropriate to remember that this is a newcomer. A rule we have over at Wikipedia is "don't bite the newcomers," and I would see it fit to crossapply that rule here. In my opinion, a quick unofficial heads-up would be all that's necessary. No need for formal action.

EDIT: i was led here by a link & didn't read the address so to speak of this thread... my apologies
Last edited by KIDS Country on Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:29 pm

KIDS Country wrote:
Jakker wrote:

I agree with Jakker here.
I believe that, especially when you have an active disagreement with said player, that tensions may get inflamed and emotions may run high. While some of said player's posts do contravene standards we have, it would also be appropriate to remember that this is a newcomer. A rule we have over at Wikipedia is "don't bite the newcomers," and I would see it fit to crossapply that rule here. In my opinion, a quick unofficial heads-up would be all that's necessary. No need for formal action.

You can only post in Report threads if you are the person making the report, the person being reported, or are bringing relevant new information to the thread. In my opinion/advice posts will get you warned for spamming Moderation. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=51022
I will leave it at a stern knock it off for now, but in the future expect a warning for spamming Moderation.
Last edited by Crazy girl on Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to Moderation