NATION

PASSWORD

*report* ICE thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

*report* ICE thread

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:42 am

Purpelia's going with his anti-American trolling again:

Purpelia wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:Surely it upsets you that Americans are being punished (being demoted/fired) for reporting and trying to stop crimes ?

Mixed feelings. On one hand reporting american crimes so that they can be punished is good. But than again americans suffering is americans suffering. Innocent vs guilty americans is a distinction that in this respect is more or less academic as all americans have collective guilt due to their support of american imperialism. And thats before we get into the fact that any harm of being demoted or fired is honestly minor. You can always find another job after all. It's not like anyone is actually getting hurt. So I guess overall it's meh.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:38 pm

It is not trolling to say that the citizens of a nation hold responsibility for the actions of that nation. When ever america as a nation commits acts which are morally right or wrong the citizens of america hold responsibility for that. Just as any other nation and its citizens do. If my nation was to go and spend lots on foreign aid I would be partially responsible for that as a citizen of my nation. If it was to go and commit war crimes I would be partially guilty as well. That is a cornerstone of international law as established forever ago and one that is used by, among others, america and the UN to justify sanctions and other such means against nations. So why is it trolling to point that out?

And it's not like I am trying to anger anyone there or trigger anyone either. Or that I am saying anything controversial or evil or calling for harm to anyone or anything like that. I just said that I can't be brought to care about some people loosing their jobs when we live in a world where this happens all the time. And especially not since in this case its people who personally participated in horrible crimes against humanity but suddenly had a change of heart. Frankly I am confused as to how anyone could feel sympathy for these people.

Furthermore I find the pro american bias on this forum to be disturbing. Just because america gets a free pass in international law because it's a superpower does not mean it should be beyond any criticism. If we went by that same logic and applied it evenly and fairly calling for sanctions against China for their crimes is also trolling. And yet we have an entire thread literally dedicated to abolishing China. So why is that thread going for hundreds of pages and yet I get written up every time I offer any criticism. Why is it that I can engage with multiple people each weak who want to bomb nations, invade nations, commit genocide, abolish China or Russia or do any number of other things to people not in america or the west but I can't even say that america does bad things? Seriously, why is there no report for any of those people?

Here is an example of what I mean with the personal information removed because I don't believe in reporting people for their political views.
Hopefully President Macron and Chancellor Merkel grow up and realize that military action is essential to deposing the illegitimate Lukashenko regime and supporting the freedom fighters resisting his tyranny.

That there is someone calling for war, mass murder in that war and potentially WW3 in Europe. But that gets a pass because it's not america that's targeted? But anything anti american is automatically trolling?

I am sorry if this reply is long or rambling but honestly I am just tired of this unfair exceptionalism that I keep being hit with everywhere I look. Everyone always criticizes every other nation on earth. But if I dare speak up against america on this forum at all I immediately get people dogpiling on me and acting as if I was advocating for resurrecting Hitler and making him king of the world.
Last edited by Purpelia on Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:50 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't call that trolling. It's pretty basic criticism that Purpelia can support, and you are welcome to engage with in defense.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:55 am

Criticism isn't the issue. I don't support American imperialism and I didn't report him for opposing American imperialism. The problem is his continual desire to see individual people suffer, rather than sticking to criticism of institutions or systems. In context with his posting history, "Americans suffering is Americans suffering" is saying that Americans suffering is a good thing.

I don't care if he wants to overthrow the US government. But the implication that individual Americans suffering is positive is most definitely not basic criticism that he can support.

Second opinion please.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:06 am

I thought it was plainly clear from the context of the rest of my post that I was talking about americans that are partaking in crimes against humanity and americans that were partaking in crimes against humanity but suddenly had a change of heart and not all americans everywhere. He did explicitly ask about those specific people after all. And I did explicitly respond with regard to those specific people. Things can't really get more explicit short of me pointlessly extending the sentence to accommodate that. Although I see how you could think I meant what you think I did based on my posting history. And I won't deny that for one moment.

To be perfectly honest it is no secret I dislike america on account of the evil that it does in the world. And that I do hold that all americans have a collective responsibility that they need to pay up for. America has killed far too many innocents and ruined far too many lives to than go around and expect the rest of us to show unconditional sympathy. That ship has sailed a long time ago. If america was to get UN sanctions or some such I'd be perfectly happy to call that justice.

What I will say though is that after the last thing that happened I had to sit down and think about my self. And I realized I had started going down the road to becoming as bad as those very americans that happily advocate bombing nations to murder their people and ruining innocent lives through sanctions just because they don't like what their country does. Or at least that I was sounding like it. A lot. So just to be clear, I take no pleasure in the suffering of anyone. Nor am I calling for anyone to suffer beyond the most basic call for international justice to come down on the evil empire that is oppressing the world. Which it won't. Ever.

I am sorry if this angers you. But it is a fact that america is the evil empire of this day just as the British and French were of theirs and others before them. And I can't not speak out against that.

And in this particular case, as far as I am concerned I was asked how I felt about a bunch of concentration camp workers loosing their job because they got a change of heart half way into their genocidal crime. At least that is what I gathered from what little information was given to me in that question. Well under those conditions I am sorry but I just don't care. Their suffering does not effect me. I can not see them as victims just because they discovered they had a conscience in the 11th hour. That's something they should have done immediately and not waited for god knows how many victims to be processed because it wasn't election year yet.
Last edited by Purpelia on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:26 am, edited 8 times in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:39 am

Purpelia wrote:I thought it was plainly clear from the context of the rest of my post that I was talking about americans that are partaking in crimes against humanity and americans that were partaking in crimes against humanity but suddenly had a change of heart and not all americans everywhere. He did explicitly ask about those specific people after all. And I did explicitly respond with regard to those specific people. Things can't really get more explicit short of me pointlessly extending the sentence to accommodate that. Although I see how you could think I meant what you think I did based on my posting history. And I won't deny that for one moment.

To be perfectly honest it is no secret I dislike america on account of the evil that it does in the world. And that I do hold that all americans have a collective responsibility that they need to pay up for. America has killed far too many innocents and ruined far too many lives to than go around and expect the rest of us to show unconditional sympathy. That ship has sailed a long time ago. If america was to get UN sanctions or some such I'd be perfectly happy to call that justice.

What I will say though is that after the last thing that happened I had to sit down and think about my self. And I realized I had started going down the road to becoming as bad as those very americans that happily advocate bombing nations to murder their people and ruining innocent lives through sanctions just because they don't like what their country does. Or at least that I was sounding like it. A lot. So just to be clear, I take no pleasure in the suffering of anyone. Nor am I calling for anyone to suffer beyond the most basic call for international justice to come down on the evil empire that is oppressing the world. Which it won't. Ever.

I am sorry if this angers you. But it is a fact that america is the evil empire of this day just as the British and French were of theirs and others before them. And I can't not speak out against that.

And in this particular case, as far as I am concerned I was asked how I felt about a bunch of concentration camp workers loosing their job because they got a change of heart half way into their genocidal crime. Well I am sorry but I just don't care. Their suffering does not effect me. I can not see them as victims just because they discovered they had a conscience in the 11th hour. That's something they should have done immediately and not waited for the election year to come around.

Except the stuff you say in these Moderation threads is totally different from the way you talk in NSG.

You could talk to the community the same way you talk to the mods, and then I wouldn't report you. You just choose not to do that, and it is an intentional choice.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:43 am

The Sherpa Empire wrote:Except the stuff you say in these Moderation threads is totally different from the way you talk in NSG.

You could talk to the community the same way you talk to the mods, and then I wouldn't report you. You just choose not to do that, and it is an intentional choice.

No I do not. I just do not take the time to go into such excruciating detail in explaining my views in situations where this is not necessary because everyone involved already knows the context of the discussion. And it is a fundamental, simple, obvious and absolute fact that when I quote someone in order to respond to that specific person I fully know and expect that person to understand the context of our conversation because he is the other participant. He helped create the context in question after all. So there is no need to explain it.

Just as it is an equally fundamental fact that common courtesy, sense and logic dictates anyone who wishes to enter a conversation should read the previous posts and try to understand that context BEFORE doing so. Something that you obviously did not do as is obvious by the fact you felt necessary to report me. I mean, seriously. Did you even read what me and the other guy were talking about before you came here? Or did you just see that one sentence or go ballistic? Because that's what it sounds to me you're doing. You took one sentence out of context from an entire conversation and went with it. Which is why I now have to sit down and explain to you, and everyone else involved in excruciating detail what should be obvious.

So yes, when I am forced to defend my self from people who refuse to bother to think about the conversation at hand and understand its context I am forced to go into the sort of detail that absolutely does not need stating in a normal conversation and which should be plainly obvious to those that don't refuse to do so. Especially if those people also apply the bare minimum of common sense and courtesy to NOT start from the assumption either of the participants is insane or evil until proven otherwise. Something that sadly seems to be the default behavior on this forum when ever anyone talks to anyone else they disagree with on any topic.

I do not see how that of all things is strange. It's a completely normal thing to do. At the end of the day how am I supposed to behave? Do you seriously expect me to write page sized dissertations like these every time I post detailing in excruciating detail every single detail of every statement I make just so that people don't have to read the quoted text inside that same post? I for one do not think that is a reasonable request. And it is certainly not a request made on anyone else on this forum.

And sorry if this post sounds a little angry. I can't help it. At this point it is plainly clear to me that your entire accusation rests on you deliberately taking my words out of context and working off the assumption that I am guilty until proven innocent. And than you finish it off by essentially saying "Well if you worked to prove your innocence every time you posted than I wouldn't consider you guilty." That to me is simply one step too far. I hope I at least managed to keep the text civil.
Last edited by Purpelia on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:11 am, edited 14 times in total.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:56 am

This is not a discussion thread, people. If there are no more (supportable) reports to be made, then please move along.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation