NATION

PASSWORD

[r]Flamebait F7

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

[r]Flamebait F7

Postby Godular » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:33 pm

I’d like to submit the following for flamebait or outright flaming.

The Black Vultures 3 wrote:
Godular wrote:The frequency with which they show up in my issues. Frickin’ lebs.

Ninja’d...

Ithallis: What they claim they’ll do to you if you make them angry.

Ithallis bumped so you skip them. I thought you knew for how long you've been here but you still haven't learned. I wonder if you ever will.

/stillme

Mixing up post order in that morass of /stillme posts seems little rationale to snipe in such a manner.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

The Black Vultures 3
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Vultures 3 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:35 pm

Godular wrote:I’d like to submit the following for flamebait or outright flaming.

Ithallis bumped so you skip them. I thought you knew for how long you've been here but you still haven't learned. I wonder if you ever will.

/stillme

Mixing up post order in that morass of /stillme posts seems little rationale to snipe in such a manner.

That might be flamebaiting but I don't think so. Definitely not flaming because I didn't say anything bad that could be classified as a threat (as this is not a personal attack).
Last edited by The Black Vultures 3 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:40 pm

I shall let the mods figure it out, thanks.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

The Black Vultures 3
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Vultures 3 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:42 pm

Godular wrote:I shall let the mods figure it out, thanks.

Thanks to what? You claim this is possibly flaming when it clearly isn't, and although it may be flamebaiting I was just clarifying that you still don't seem to know how to do things.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:22 pm

Thanks to what? You claim this is possibly flaming when it clearly isn't, and although it may be flamebaiting I was just clarifying that you still don't seem to know how to do things.

You are not a moderator, so I shall thank you to let them do their job rather than continue to snipe at me.
New to F7? Click here!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:35 pm

It's a Forum 7 game. If Godular's manner of play in that game bothers you, put him on ignore. It's not completely satisfactory, perhaps, but it works, after a fashion. It's certainly better than sniping at them, which could get out of hand. So, neutral corners, please, take a breath and carry on.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:38 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

It's a Forum 7 game. If Godular's manner of play in that game bothers you, put him on ignore. It's not completely satisfactory, perhaps, but it works, after a fashion. It's certainly better than sniping at them, which could get out of hand. So, neutral corners, please, take a breath and carry on.

So is that a not-actionable? I’m not particularly bothered, but their post quoted in the OP struck as more personal than it had any right to be.
Last edited by Godular on Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to F7? Click here!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:51 pm

Godular wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:It's a Forum 7 game. If Godular's manner of play in that game bothers you, put him on ignore. It's not completely satisfactory, perhaps, but it works, after a fashion. It's certainly better than sniping at them, which could get out of hand. So, neutral corners, please, take a breath and carry on.

So is that a not-actionable? I’m not particularly bothered, but their post quoted in the OP struck as more personal than it had any right to be.

Yes, not actionable. It was a bit personal but not over the line, as far as it goes. If it continues, let us know.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:54 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Godular wrote:

Yes, not actionable. It was a bit personal but not over the line, as far as it goes. If it continues, let us know.

Well, I foe-gunned ‘em either way.

Thanks for the look.
New to F7? Click here!

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:00 pm

You know, on second thought, I’d like to send up a second opinion flare.

The posting style seems familiar to me in regards to another poster and might be part of an ongoing trend if such is borne through. Apologies for the bother.
Last edited by Godular on Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to F7? Click here!

Third ZSeparatists
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Third ZSeparatists » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:04 pm

Godular wrote:You know, on second thought, I’d like to send up a second opinion flare.

The posting style seems familiar to me, and might be part of an ongoing trend if so.

It’s me having a temper. So?

Also, to respond to your post below don't try to add a hint of flamebait. That clearly isn't enough to be warned but it also goes against what you just reported for, didn't it?
Last edited by Third ZSeparatists on Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The big (not) gay

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:06 pm

Foe-gunned that one too.
New to F7? Click here!

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Audioslavia » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:04 am

Third ZSeparatists, your recent behaviour in Forum 7 - getting pissy at people while disguised as various puppet nations - is out of order. Knock it off.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation