NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Christian Discussion Thread XI: Anicetus’ Revenge

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
State of Turelisa
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

[R] Christian Discussion Thread XI: Anicetus’ Revenge

Postby State of Turelisa » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:47 pm

I'm not sure if this is against forum rules, but it's an unacceptable breach of etiquette in a thread where Christians discuss Christianity, and they should do so without giving way to rage and accusations with the use of profanities.

Lower Nubia wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Cut the snipes and sanctimony. You've admitted yourself that using this technology for child abandonment is morally "shaky" (an understatement). There's really no way any Christian should be pleased at this development, that we should be on board with the idea that we're just going to become a society of serial child-abandoners rather than child killers. What an upgrade. I'm sure Christ is smiling down on us for that. And regardless, it's not the existence or use of a technology that's concerning, but rather its abuse for an evil end.

Oh well, if there's fuck all we can do about it then why don't we just let them be serial child killers! Why even bother having this discussion if we can only make the situation better and not completely fucking Rosey, why fucking bother!

Besides the internet can be used for evil, yet I don't see the magisterium taking down their website! I don't see the Pope leave his car because it could be used to ram people. Nuclear power can obliterate cities, I don't see the Vatican refusing electric from the same technology when they have the same origin. What's your end game here with the: "And regardless, it's not the existence or use of a technology that's concerning, but rather its abuse for an evil end." Yeah, the scientists that made it wanted it to... kill premature babies... no, no. That's not it, oh what was it? ... Save them, that's it. How evil...

Salus Maior wrote:It's wrong for us to settle for treating the symptoms of an evil society rather than seeking a change of its heart.

Society has made a heartfelt decision - it likes the convenience of killing babies, I'm sorry if your approach to making people just change their minds is the one you want, but facts are facts, Christianity is becoming less relevant, not more, so if you want to continue your "change hearts approach" then go ahead, because it's done fuck all so far!

Salus Maior wrote:Besides, do you honestly think Pro-Choice advocates and feminists would ever budge from their position of absolute abortion freedoms? They don't even consider a fetus to be an actual human being.

They'll pick the easiest option and if the easiest option is to let them live but put them up for adoption, then. So. Be. It. So let's make having children the easiest option. Isn't that one of the points about Catholic political policy? To make having families easier so that abortion isn't a necessary option for people.

Salus Maior wrote:They see the destruction of which the same way someone would see the removal of appendix or tonsils. I think it's foolish to think that anyone who believes such a thing that they encourage anyone to go to the extra effort of supporting a life they already see as subhuman and completely disposable. They would not make that kind of concession to Christianity or conservatives in general by saying that the unwanted, unborn life is worth saving.

So that's it then. You've said here:

"It's wrong for us to settle for treating the symptoms of an evil society rather than seeking a change of its heart."

Now you're saying:

"They see the destruction of which the same way someone would see the removal of appendix or tonsils. I think it's foolish to think that anyone who believes such a thing that they encourage anyone to go to the extra effort of supporting a life they already see as subhuman and completely disposable."

Oh, but your "let's change their hearts" idea sounds great, even though you admit humans are sometimes just a rooted evil. I mean what do you hope to accomplish? Gotta wait for Jesus to come down solve every problem or do you think for one glorious shining moment we could try and make the world a little less shit through an imperfect method.
Last edited by State of Turelisa on Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:52 pm

State of Turelisa wrote:I'm not sure if this is against forum rules, but it's an unacceptable breach of etiquette in a thread where Christians discuss Christianity, and they should do so without giving way to rage and accusations with the use of profanities.

Lower Nubia wrote:
Oh well, if there's fuck all we can do about it then why don't we just let them be serial child killers! Why even bother having this discussion if we can only make the situation better and not completely fucking Rosey, why fucking bother!

Besides the internet can be used for evil, yet I don't see the magisterium taking down their website! I don't see the Pope leave his car because it could be used to ram people. Nuclear power can obliterate cities, I don't see the Vatican refusing electric from the same technology when they have the same origin. What's your end game here with the: "And regardless, it's not the existence or use of a technology that's concerning, but rather its abuse for an evil end." Yeah, the scientists that made it wanted it to... kill premature babies... no, no. That's not it, oh what was it? ... Save them, that's it. How evil...

Society has made a heartfelt decision - it likes the convenience of killing babies, I'm sorry if your approach to making people just change their minds is the one you want, but facts are facts, Christianity is becoming less relevant, not more, so if you want to continue your "change hearts approach" then go ahead, because it's done fuck all so far!

They'll pick the easiest option and if the easiest option is to let them live but put them up for adoption, then. So. Be. It. So let's make having children the easiest option. Isn't that one of the points about Catholic political policy? To make having families easier so that abortion isn't a necessary option for people.

So that's it then. You've said here:

"It's wrong for us to settle for treating the symptoms of an evil society rather than seeking a change of its heart."

Now you're saying:

"They see the destruction of which the same way someone would see the removal of appendix or tonsils. I think it's foolish to think that anyone who believes such a thing that they encourage anyone to go to the extra effort of supporting a life they already see as subhuman and completely disposable."

Oh, but your "let's change their hearts" idea sounds great, even though you admit humans are sometimes just a rooted evil. I mean what do you hope to accomplish? Gotta wait for Jesus to come down solve every problem or do you think for one glorious shining moment we could try and make the world a little less shit through an imperfect method.

It is not against site rules to use profanity. Not actionable
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Return to Moderation