NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Homophobia

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

[R] trolling

Postby -Astoria- » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:46 pm

viewtopic.php?p=37326974#p37326974

Talatorrum wrote:Yeah, but you are more likely to be conscripted if you are in the soldier caste.

BN executes Phaggots and other degenerates.

Not even trying to cover it.

Addendum:
Talatorrum wrote:No

BN executes homosexuals and other sexual degenerates.
Last edited by -Astoria- on Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Yuralria
Civilian

Founded: Jun 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

[R] Homophobia

Postby Yuralria » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:32 pm

Talatorrum wrote:No

BN executes homosexuals and other sexual degenerates.

Talatorrum wrote:Yeah, but you are more likely to be conscripted if you are in the soldier caste.

BN executes Phaggots and other degenerates.

Unsure if this violates the rules even after reading over a few moderation guidelines because it's in a "game" thread. Apologies if this isn't worthy of a report, it's my first time using the forum moderation.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:10 pm

⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:20 am

Thankee!

*leaves waving cat statue*
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:21 pm

Edit: here we go again, with what I'm going to guess is a rather transparent IC sheen.

Talatorrum wrote:Execution, as anything with homo in it deserves to die.

Women teaching their sons to be feminine and weak.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:25 pm

viewtopic.php?p=37329416#p37329416

This little gem as well.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:09 pm

First one addressed.

I'm letting the second one go as borderline. It's possible they're referring to the actual act of cuckoldry, i.e., adultery.
she/her

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:40 pm

Giovenith wrote:First one addressed.

I'm letting the second one go as borderline. It's possible they're referring to the actual act of cuckoldry, i.e., adultery.

Your call. And for the record, cuckoldry is not adultery. Two different kettle of fish. In this instance the term is being used in a derogatory form. As in the form of being forced to be a cuckold, which reads to me as someone trying to be cute and dance right on the line. Could also be a PG-13 violation. Not asking for a second opinion.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:30 am

Something tells me that they're back with a puppet - even with an ongoing ban:

Romance and Reverie wrote:Forget marriage, Romance and Reverieans execute homosexuals.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:38 pm

-Astoria- wrote:Something tells me that they're back with a puppet - even with an ongoing ban:

Romance and Reverie wrote:Forget marriage, Romance and Reverieans execute homosexuals.

Looking into it.
she/her

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:51 pm

They don't seem to be the same person.

And as much as I dislike it, and I really do, I think this one managed to be within the lines. It differs from the other reports in that they go the extra step with the f-slurs, the "sexual degenerates" labeling, and the obsessive repetition, whereas this one is more of just a blunt statement of IC "fact" — it's not against the rules to claim that your nation executes a certain type of people, but the way you do so is key. Be encouraged to let us know if it continues down a similar path though, and feel free to get a second opinion if you disagree.
she/her

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:34 pm

Thanks for taking a look into it.

Goldinea
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Goldinea » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:42 am

I don't think that homophobia has any place in modern society. It is outdated and, quite frankly, shows someone is uneducated and ignorant. Like I say, it's a stain on the cloth of modern society, and people must fight against it in all forms in order to become the bleach which removes this stain.

Yesterday, it was the 51st anniversary of the start of the Stonewall Riots. These fought for the rights of LGBTQ+ people, not just in America, but around the world. We have no right to question who people love, or what gender they believe they are. We have no right to call other people confused. If someone realises that they are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or anything within the brackets of the LGBTQ+ community, we must accept them for who they are, not immediately dismiss them for being "different".

Using religion as an excuse is just disgusting. One example I can think of is Christianity. How can you follow a religion led by someone who told us to "love thy neighbour", and yet still choose to discriminate against someone purely because of their sexuality? That, by the very definition of Christianity, is against that particular religion.

This has been a bit long-winded, and I apologise a little bit for that. What I will not apologise for, however, is standing up for people's rights and equality between all genders and sexualities. We must all have a zero-tolerance policy towards homophobia in the modern day: it simply doesn't belong in the world.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:36 am

Goldinea wrote:
I don't think that homophobia has any place in modern society. It is outdated and, quite frankly, shows someone is uneducated and ignorant. Like I say, it's a stain on the cloth of modern society, and people must fight against it in all forms in order to become the bleach which removes this stain.

Yesterday, it was the 51st anniversary of the start of the Stonewall Riots. These fought for the rights of LGBTQ+ people, not just in America, but around the world. We have no right to question who people love, or what gender they believe they are. We have no right to call other people confused. If someone realises that they are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or anything within the brackets of the LGBTQ+ community, we must accept them for who they are, not immediately dismiss them for being "different".

Using religion as an excuse is just disgusting. One example I can think of is Christianity. How can you follow a religion led by someone who told us to "love thy neighbour", and yet still choose to discriminate against someone purely because of their sexuality? That, by the very definition of Christianity, is against that particular religion.

This has been a bit long-winded, and I apologise a little bit for that. What I will not apologise for, however, is standing up for people's rights and equality between all genders and sexualities. We must all have a zero-tolerance policy towards homophobia in the modern day: it simply doesn't belong in the world.

This is not a discussion thread about homophobia, this a Moderation report thread about rule breaking posts made in a thread about homophobia.

Unless you're contributing to the report, do not post here or will be warned for Spamming In Moderation.
she/her

State of Turelisa
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby State of Turelisa » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:52 am

Giovenith wrote:
Goldinea wrote:

This is not a discussion thread about homophobia, this a Moderation report thread about rule breaking posts made in a thread about homophobia.

Unless you're contributing to the report, do not post here or will be warned for Spamming In Moderation.

Have the sentiments in the spamming post made a difference between giving him a warning and warning him of getting a warning?

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:36 am

State of Turelisa wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

Have the sentiments in the spamming post made a difference between giving him a warning and warning him of getting a warning?

No, the fact that he's new and likely didn't understand the rule yet made the difference. You, on the other hand, have no excuse. Stop spamming in Moderation.
she/her

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation